FUTURE ACTIVITY- SW Debates-- PLEASE UNSTICKY AND STICKY VOTING THREAD INSTEAD

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

Since you need lems, here I am.

I, Thefatness16, (lem) volunteer for jury duty.

#102 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]Hm... there must be a balance in the number of debater in each faction. If one faction has more member than others (in this game), it will have a huge advantage, as there is a post limit. Also, what about editing post?Jonwh18

did you actually read the rules ....... and no, no edits

I did read a bit, and nothing was said about maximum number of debaters for each faction.
#103 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]Hm... there must be a balance in the number of debater in each faction. If one faction has more member than others (in this game), it will have a huge advantage, as there is a post limit. Also, what about editing post?rjdofu

did you actually read the rules ....... and no, no edits

I did read a bit, and nothing was said about maximum number of debaters for each faction.

debaters have nothing to do with faction, only the jury to ensure that the topic doesn't effect the winner of the debate. It is a one on one debate, not a team debate. I guess I thought it was obvious that we wouldn't have a 10 vs 10 debate. O__o

Here are the rules. I suppose they don't explicitly say it is a 1v1 debate, but the rules do allude to it

1. The debater for each side will post his or her own introductory post stating their stance on the topic.

2. There will then be exactly three rebuttal posts from each debater, in which the debaters may address and refute points made by the other person, as well as adding any new points that may come up.

3. Finally, each debater will post one concluding post, summing up his or her side of the debate. Following the concluding posts, the thread will be closed.

4. Debaters may not post more than 5 posts in total. Once the 5-post limit is reached, further posts by that debater will be deleted from the thread, but the thread will remain open for posts by the opponent, until either his or her own 5-post limit is reached or until time runs out.

5. Debates will last five days each, unless both debaters reach their 5-post limit.

6. Debaters may include links to any supporting information or references in their posts. They may also quote extracted sections of text from other sites.

7. Each post will have a maximum of 500 words.

8. A jury comprised of two people from each faction will decide the winner of the debate based on what they have read after each participant has posted their 5 posts or both participants announce they have finished.

I thought it was fairly obvious that there were only two people debating....

#104 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"] did you actually read the rules ....... and no, no edits

Jonwh18

debaters have nothing to do with faction, only the jury to ensure that the topic doesn't effect the winner of the debate. It is a one on one debate, not a team debate.

Ahhh ok, thanks.

Edit: I was a bit confused about the list at the end :P, sorry for the trouble.

#105 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7263 posts) -

I Halopimp978 Manticorevolunteer to serve on the jury"

#106 Posted by XVision84 (13626 posts) -

2 cows?

Come on guys :P.

#107 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

2 cows?

XVision84

It's kind of funny that Lemmings and Cows have so few volunteers when the majority of topics are lemming v. cow related. :P

#108 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

2 cows?

XVision84
:lol: after all, no faction wins, just the debater, guess i should sign up as well ( poor them cows :( ) I, Rjdofu (cow), volunteer to serve on the jury.
#109 Posted by XVision84 (13626 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

2 cows?

NeonNinja

It's kind of funny that Lemmings and Cows have so few volunteers when the majority of topics are lemming v. cow related. :P

20% of those topics are cows or lemmings trying to justify buying their piece of plastic, 80% of them are started by bored manticores trying to get lemmings and cows to fight over their pieces of plastic.

Only in System Wars :P.

#110 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

2 cows?

rjdofu

:lol: after all, no faction wins, just the debater, guess i should sign up as well ( poor them cows :( ) I, Rjdofu (cow), volunteer to serve on the jury.

you're no cow.

#111 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="XVision84"]

2 cows?

Cheleman

you're no cow.

I have no I dea if you are a cow or not. But If you aren't I recommend you change your faction if you want to get elected to the jury.

#112 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

2 cows?

Cheleman

you're no cow.

That's not how you welcome new member :?. Just trying to reach the balance, that's the curse of Libra :P. You actually think free_milk is a hermit?
#113 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

2 cows?

Cheleman

you're no cow.

He looks more Manticore than anything else, but I'd say that qualifies him as a Cow.

#114 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] :lol: after all, no faction wins, just the debater, guess i should sign up as well ( poor them cows :( ) I, Rjdofu (cow), volunteer to serve on the jury.NeonNinja

you're no cow.

He looks more Manticore than anything else, but I'd say that qualifies him as a Cow.

Stop telling everyone they are a manticore. lol There are soooooo many biased people on SW.

#115 Posted by XVision84 (13626 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

2 cows?

rjdofu

That's the spirit ;).

#116 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] :lol: after all, no faction wins, just the debater, guess i should sign up as well ( poor them cows :( ) I, Rjdofu (cow), volunteer to serve on the jury.rjdofu

you're no cow.

That's not how you welcome new member :?. Just trying to reach the balance, that's the curse of Libra :P. You actually think free_milk is a hermit?

sign in as a manticore, signing in as a cow out of pure pity doesnt feel right:P

#117 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

2 cows?

XVision84

That's the spirit ;).

So is this guy actually a cow or not?

#118 Posted by XVision84 (13626 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] :lol: after all, no faction wins, just the debater, guess i should sign up as well ( poor them cows :( ) I, Rjdofu (cow), volunteer to serve on the jury.Jonwh18

That's the spirit ;).

Maybe, I don't know. If he's signing up to be a cow out of pity, I don't think he is one :P.

#119 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] :lol: after all, no faction wins, just the debater, guess i should sign up as well ( poor them cows :( ) I, Rjdofu (cow), volunteer to serve on the jury.Jonwh18

That's the spirit ;).

he's a manticore

#120 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

That's the spirit ;).

Just sign me up as a cow, damn it :P
#121 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] :lol: after all, no faction wins, just the debater, guess i should sign up as well ( poor them cows :( ) I, Rjdofu (cow), volunteer to serve on the jury.rjdofu

you're no cow.

Free_milk is *special* :P Nobody is going to pick him over one of the real SW hermits like rocker6 or blue_hazy_basic. He's not gonna get voted in :lol:

Neither will you if you aren't really a cow.

#122 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Cheleman"]

you're no cow.

Jonwh18

Free_milk is *special* :P Nobody is going to pick him over one of the real SW hermits like rocker6 or blue_hazy_basic. He's not gonna get voted in :lol:

But so many great posters in manticore section, no one will vote for me :(. I promise i'll serve the cows justice.

#123 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

WE NEED HARDCORE COWZ DAMMIT:x

#124 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] That's not how you welcome new member :?. Just trying to reach the balance, that's the curse of Libra :P. You actually think free_milk is a hermit?rjdofu

But so many great posters in manticore section, no one will vote for me :(.

If you are manticore that what you should sign up as. Or what system do you play the most. Sign up as that faction.

#125 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

Cheleman

I feel like when ispeakfact died the cows died with him lol. Maybe it was really just him and his 20 alts and like two other real cows all along :lol:

#126 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

Cheleman
Sigh... :( I, rjdofu (manticore), volunteer to serve on the jury.
#127 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

rjdofu

are you REALLY a manticore I thought you were a cow? your the most biased sony fanboy on this board. :P

#128 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

Jonwh18

are you REALLY a manticore I thought you were a cow? your the most biased sony fanboy on this board. :P

:lol:, few weeks ago people called me sheep & hermit, guess that answer your question. Also, by NeonNinja's definition and some people in this thread, I'm a manticore (lol stupid name). I just sad that my attempt to reach the balance failed.
#129 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

you're no cow.

Jonwh18

Stop telling everyone they are a manticore. lol There are soooooo many biased people on SW.

But... this guy.......

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I demand to be made a part of the Worm faction! There is no justice within the Manticores!

#130 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] Sigh... :( I, rjdofu (manticore), volunteer to serve on the jury.rjdofu

:lol:, few weeks ago people called me sheep & hermit, guess that answer your question. Also, by NeonNinja's definition and some people in this thread, I'm a manticore (lol stupid name). I just sad that my attempt to reach the balance failed.

F*ck the balance! Join the Worms! I don't care if you don't play on iOS, but I have made it my official duty to make that recognized as relevant.

BRING IT STUPID... OTHERS!

#131 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"] are you REALLY a manticore I thought you were a cow? your the most biased sony fanboy on this board. :P

NeonNinja

F*ck the balance! Join the Worms! I don't care if you don't play on iOS, but I have made it my official duty to make that recognized as relevant.

Lol but if there's worms faction, then there'll be 6 judges, can't decide winner with that , would definitely be fun though. :lol:
#132 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

NeonNinja

But... this guy.......

I demand to be made a part of the Worm faction! There is no justice within the Manticores!

sure thing man! We have a spot for worms right through here. http://static7.depositphotos.com/1051996/681/v/950/depositphotos_6816521-Open-Exit-Door.jpg

#133 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] :lol:, few weeks ago people called me sheep & hermit, guess that answer your question. Also, by NeonNinja's definition and some people in this thread, I'm a manticore (lol stupid name). I just sad that my attempt to reach the balance failed. rjdofu

Lol but if there's worms faction, then there'll be 6 judges, can't decide winner with that , would definitely be fun though. :lol:

I have a dream. A dream where mobile gamers are not treated as the second cIass citizens of System Wars. A dream where equality rings true for each and everyone of us regardless of our platform of choice. I want to share this dream with each of you, and I believe in a system where there are seven judges.

A Manticore- a mythical creature whose existence can be seen clearly among the most hallowed of intellectuals.

A Hermit- an artiste, often known for never accepting a game the way its created.

A Lemming- a fan of the Western world, known for their fierce competition.

A Cow- like Elves, they were once the proudest and most noble race, yet now they struggle to find their true identity.

A Sheep- an ancient civilization who have survived countless wars thanks to their leaders

A Worm- an alien from a far off world, they believe in the future and never look back

A Robot- the sworn enemy of the Worms, they have waged war with the organics for years

These seven comprise the System Warriors Seven, and the five indigenous races had better pay attention to the other two damn it!

THAT'S SEVEN IN TOTAL, FREAKING A, MAN!

#134 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"] Stop telling everyone they are a manticore. lol There are soooooo many biased people on SW.

Jonwh18

But... this guy.......

sure thing man! We have a spot for worms right through here. http://static7.depositphotos.com/1051996/681/v/950/depositphotos_6816521-Open-Exit-Door.jpg

Evil..... absolute evil......

#135 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

NeonNinja

I have a dream. A dream where mobile gamers are not treated as the second cIass citizens of System Wars. A dream where equality rings true for each and everyone of us regardless of our platform of choice. I want to share this dream with each of you, and I believe in a system where there are seven judges.

A Manticore- a mythical creature whose existence can be seen clearly among the most hallowed of intellectuals.

A Hermit- an artiste, often known for never accepting a game the way its created.

A Cow- like Elves, they were once the proudest and most noble race, yet now they struggle to find their true identity.

A Sheep- an ancient civilization who have survived countless wars thanks to their leaders

A Worm- an alien from a far off world, they believe in the future and never look back

A Robot- the sworn enemy of the Worms, they have waged war with the organics for years

These seven comprise the System Warriors Seven, and the five indigenous races had better pay attention to the other two damn it!

have you guys read the rules at all? there are currently 10 judges two from each of the five factions.

And to answer your question. Worms will have a place in SW when the reviewers start giving their games actual reviews so they have a place in the metagame.

#136 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] Lol but if there's worms faction, then there'll be 6 judges, can't decide winner with that , would definitely be fun though. :lol:Jonwh18

have you guys read the rules at all? there are currently 10 judges two from each of the five factions.

Yeah yeah, just joking around, still better if number of judges are whole number though, fix the hassle of tie (community votes are joke)
#137 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

rjdofu

Yeah yeah, just joking around, still better if number of judges are whole number though, fix the hassle of tie (community votes are joke)

the original lan was to have 8 jurors, 2 from each faction with 3 manticores who would decide the winner in the case of a tie. But people wanted the manticores to have a more active role.

#138 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] Lol but if there's worms faction, then there'll be 6 judges, can't decide winner with that , would definitely be fun though. :lol:Jonwh18

And to answer your question. Worms will have a place in SW when the reviewers start giving their games actual reviews so they have a place in the metagame.

I meant seven factions in total. :P

Though to be fair, juries are ten people with two alternates, so I guess adding mobile gamers would complicate things. :P

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT, DAWG!? LEMME TELL YOU THIS: WHEN THE WORMS GAIN DOMINANCE OVER THE INTERNET, YOU'LL BE SORRY YOU CROSSED NEONNINJA.

Until then, let's be friends, OK! ^_^

Just your friendly neighborhood Manticore, minding his own business..... Hmhmhm!

#139 Posted by SolidTy (42459 posts) -

I don't want to interrupt the jokes going on, so take this as a sidenote for those that actually care about SW history. :P

There are no official worms and that's not even a real barnyard derogatory name. It was more a complimentary name people just sort of decided it worked cuz of da Applez, and the pity as it's not a hot topic. Then, over time like usually most of SW, new people got da confused. It's not part of the SW official history or lexicon, although one banned apple lover user tried as hard as he could before his new alt account was banned once again. Before banning this apple fanboy did his best. He did help and confuse people by naming threads with a positive chosen fanboy faction name, as he saw an opportunity to give the vast minority apple fanboy faction a decent name for a change in SW as the names are negative and derogatory, some more than others (although, even to this day Apple isn't really a hot topic in SW other than one moderator with Macintosh in his name, that promotes Apple topics best he can. :P).

There is, Just Phonies and iPhonies, iSlaves, iRobots (Asimov, lol), maxIpads and of course, iPonies and iBronies.

Let us not forget the "iDiots" moniker. :lol: None of these are real, but viable and work just as well until Apple becomes a real contender for SW to handle...right now, nadda. Plus, that brings about the Android and other PHONIE groups out there. Which brings me back to PHONIE, which can apply to them all for now. :P

With the Barnyard theme, probably Pig would work really well...for whatever faction pops up.

Edit : I Threw in a link for SW history purposes, although I have a few more, lol. SW histoy 101. -2 credits if you pass. ;) :P

#140 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

I don't want to interrupt the jokes going on, so take this as a sidenote for those that actually care about SW history. :P

There are no official worms and that's not even a real barnyard derogatory name. It was more a complimentary name people just sort of decided it worked cuz of da Applez, and the pity as it's not a hot topic. Then, over time like usually most of SW, new people got da confused. It's not part of the SW official history or lexicon, although one banned apple lover user tried as hard as he could before his new alt account was banned once again. Before banning this apple fanboy did his best. He did help and confuse people by naming threads with a positive chosen fanboy faction name, as he saw an opportunity to give the vast minority apple fanboy faction a decent name for a change in SW as the names are negative and derogatory, some more than otheres (although, even to this day Apple isn't really a hot topic in SW other than one moderator with macintosh in his name, that promotes Apple topics best he can. :P).

There is, Just Phonies and iPhonies. iSlaves, iRobots (Asimov, lol), maxIpads and of course, iPonies and iBronies.

Let us not forget the "iDiots" moniker. :lol:

Edit : I Threw in a link for SW history purposes, although I have a few more, lol. SW histoy 101. -2 credits if you pass. ;) :P

SolidTy

.........and?

You jurorizing as a Manticore or you ready to rock against this maxIpad.

#141 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

There are no official worms and that's not even a real barnyard derogatory name. It was more a complimentary name people just sort of decided it worked cuz of da Applez, and the pity as it's not a hot topic. Then, over time like usually most of SW, new people got da confused. It's not part of the SW official history or lexicon, although one banned apple lover user tried as hard as he could before his new alt account was banned once again. Before banning this apple fanboy did his best. He did help and confuse people by naming threads with a positive chosen fanboy faction name, as he saw an opportunity to give the vast minority apple fanboy faction a decent name for a change in SW as the names are negative and derogatory, some more than otheres (although, even to this day Apple isn't really a hot topic in SW other than one moderator with macintosh in his name, that promotes Apple topics best he can. :P).

There is, Just Phonies and iPhonies. iSlaves, iRobots (Asimov, lol), maxIpads and of course, iPonies and iBronies.

SolidTy
Interesting. However, I must say that there were some hot mobile topics, where some idiots hype Angry birds to be dominating Mario soon :lol: (forgot who). The number of mobile gaming topics are increasing nowadays.
#142 Posted by SolidTy (42459 posts) -

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

There are no official worms and that's not even a real barnyard derogatory name. It was more a complimentary name people just sort of decided it worked cuz of da Applez, and the pity as it's not a hot topic. Then, over time like usually most of SW, new people got da confused. It's not part of the SW official history or lexicon, although one banned apple lover user tried as hard as he could before his new alt account was banned once again. Before banning this apple fanboy did his best. He did help and confuse people by naming threads with a positive chosen fanboy faction name, as he saw an opportunity to give the vast minority apple fanboy faction a decent name for a change in SW as the names are negative and derogatory, some more than others (although, even to this day Apple isn't really a hot topic in SW other than one moderator with Macintosh in his name, that promotes Apple topics best he can. :P).

There is, Just Phonies and iPhonies, iSlaves, iRobots (Asimov, lol), maxIpads and of course, iPonies and iBronies.

Let us not forget the "iDiots" moniker. :lol: None of these are real, but viable and work just as well until Apple becomes a real contender for SW to handle...right now, nadda. Plus, that brings about the Android and other PHONIE groups out there. Which brings me back to PHONIE, which can apply to them all for now. :P

With the Barnyard theme, probably Pig would work really well...for whatever faction pops up.

NeonNinja

.........and?

You jurorizing as a Manticore or you ready to rock against this maxIpad.

:lol: :lol:

I haven't decided yet, but I do support everyone's enthusiasm. I want to see how things shape up. :P

#143 Posted by SolidTy (42459 posts) -

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

rjdofu

Interesting. However, I must say that there were some hot mobile topics, where some idiots hype Angry birds to be dominating Mario soon :lol: (forgot who). The number of mobile gaming topics are increasing nowadays.

My goal above was keeping the large material I have in the TL;DR category for a single post. The audience was for SW which seems to have collective ADHD, but yeah, some trolls to have a bit of fun ranging with all kinds of materials. Yesterday I was in a thread about Window 8 upgrading before lockage. :P

I gave a very, very brief summary...but maintaining the barnyard theme, the "pig" faction may come to life very soon. :P

Angry Birds Dominating Mario! Bwahahahaha! :lol:

#144 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

My goal above was keeping the large material I have in the TL;DR category for a single post. The audiene was for SW which seems to have collective ADHD, but yeah, some trolls to have a bit of fun ranging with all kinds of materials. Yesterday I was in a thread about Window 8 upgrading before lockage. :P

I gave a very, very brief summary...but maintaining the barnyard theme, the "pig" faction may come to life very soon. :P

Angry Birds Dominating Mario! Bwahahahaha! :lol:

Pigs. Dope. :cool:

#145 Posted by ArisShadows (22615 posts) -

Jonwh18

You could PM Dave.. lulz..
#146 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

I'd much rather have Davekeeh than an impostor

#147 Posted by Slashkice (13055 posts) -

Cows

Cheleman

XVision84

Jonwh18

snicker-karenljuj3.gif

[spoiler] Screw it, I'll join this lonely group: I, Slashkice (cow), volunteer to serve on the jury. [/spoiler]

#148 Posted by Technoweirdo (7103 posts) -

Jury duty lasts for the entire debate season (five months) and only two members per faction are voted in?
Seems like an awful long commitment to me. Figure others in each faction would like to take a crack at duty too.

Regardless, I, Technoweirdo (Sheep), volunteer for jury duty.

#149 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27385 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"] seriously heli..... hermit or cow please pick...

Jonwh18

But I own all the systems!!! :lol: Oh ok, since I'm fair and balanced with consoles, I Heil68, (hermit), volunteer as a jury member

okay but we reall yneed cows.... but its better then manticore

This is why I said we shouldn't have manticores :P Theres MAYBE 1 or 2 true manticores on here the rest are lems and cows in manticore clothing!
#150 Posted by Heil68 (43465 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] But I own all the systems!!! :lol: Oh ok, since I'm fair and balanced with consoles, I Heil68, (hermit), volunteer as a jury memberblue_hazy_basic

okay but we reall yneed cows.... but its better then manticore

This is why I said we shouldn't have manticores :P Theres MAYBE 1 or 2 true manticores on here the rest are lems and cows in manticore clothing!

Like YOU? :o :P What is a true manticore then?