FromSoftware and Sony working on mystery project (PS4)

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

@DA1M0Z said:

Maiden in Black gets sucked in by The One and time travels to the Victorian era and picks up another soul to help battle pirates!

There is nothing about that sentence I don't love. The game starts right at the end of DS facing the beast, then you get sucked into Spira and you have to help the Maiden get the final summon.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#352  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@tubbyc

You used fair conditions to determine the difficulty like like using the same Build ?

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#353 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

How the **** do you guys play a game like this? looks frustrating as hell i mean is fighting the exact same boss 100 times that great?

i dont get the popularity of the souls games one bit

Loading Video...

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354  Edited By sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

How the **** do you guys play a game like this? looks frustrating as hell i mean is fighting the exact same boss 100 times that great?

You won't fight the same boss 100 times if you actually think and plan.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 Lulu_Lulu

@finalstar2007

You've played other RPGs right ? At some point the gameplay and enemies stop changing..... Thats where leveling up comes into play.... In the case of Mass Effect, literally everthing you do after finding Liara is exactly the same... You'l get on a planet in the make... Loot and shoot do some dialogue rinse and repeat, only thing pushing you foward is the story and leveling up, the gameplay never changes from that point.

RPG Elements are the popular system of choice to encourage repitition without variation. Without RPG Elements Skyrim would be shorter than CoD. World Of War Craft would've been an astronomical failure. Ofcourse there are some people who genuinely do like the gameplay and are willing to replay it expecting nothing in return... No souls, no items, no equipment, no nothing. Just combat for the sake of combat. Thats my theory.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#356 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

Loading Video...

Was that video supposed to be bad? I found it entertaining.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 finalstar2007

@sam890 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

You won't fight the same boss 100 times if you actually think and plan.

I view these guys from Machinima as professional gamers they know what they play and play good so seeing them struggle like that with just one boss is just wow.

i had my own share with frustration with the souls game as i played Demon Souls but only was able to beat the first boss the Jelly boss ( after beating him i seriously thought the game was going to be a piece of cake ) but boy how i was wrong i literally sold the game the next week lol so i just dont get how a game that make you wanna smash the game disk is that fun? games are meant to be relaxing and enjoyable not make you rage ya know :P

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 finalstar2007

@jake44 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Loading Video...

It was very entertaining indeed, you should see their other videos even more entertaining just watching them play make you wanna play too.. well except playing Dark Souls 2 lol

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359  Edited By jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

@jake44 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Loading Video...

It was very entertaining indeed, you should see their other videos even more entertaining just watching them play make you wanna play too.. well except playing Dark Souls 2 lol

They seemed cool from that video at least. I'll take your word for it and check them out. He shouldn't have been fighting that boss yet...at least on his first playthrough.

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360  Edited By mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

I used to do that for Dark Souls 1. Its a freaking blast trying to play drunk.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts
@finalstar2007 said:

Loading Video...

And here he is hyping a game he won't play. Sony drones really crack me up. Worst bunch of fakeboys. :D

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#362  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:
@finalstar2007 said:

Loading Video...

And here he is hyping a game he won't play. Sony drones really crack me up. Worst bunch on fakeboys. :D

He just supplied the news to the forum, he doesn't like hard games in general I think he only plays games on easy.

No need for the hate.

D4RKL1NG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#363 D4RKL1NG
Member since 2012 • 288 Posts

Sure you fight a boss a "100" times but holy shit that feeling you get when you finally beat it..No other game makes you feel that. The sense of accomplishment you get from that is better than anything in gaming ever.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:
@finalstar2007 said:

Loading Video...

And here he is hyping a game he won't play. Sony drones really crack me up. Worst bunch on fakeboys. :D

He just supplied the news to the forum, he doesn't like hard games in general I think he only plays games on easy.

No need for the hate.

Yeah and he is jumping up and down in this thread because he is the reason for the news, right?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@D4RKL1NG

99 Attempts of Frustration is easily displace by relief from a single Triumph ?

You don't think theres something wrong with that.... Or with you ?

I actually suffered 9 Deaths at the hands of a mini Boss in Bayonetta.... Its because I was trying to break in my Brand New Whip and Rocket Launcher Boots. There was no trick to it really.... I Just had to be faster.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@D4RKL1NG

I actually suffered 9 Deaths at the hands of a mini Boss in Bayonetta.... Its because I was trying to break in my Brand New Whip and Rocket Launcher Boots. There was no trick to it really.... I Just had to be faster.

well that settles it, you are terrible, having to fight a boss 100 times? no wonder you hate this game, carry on baddie.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Krelian-co

You might wana retrace the source of this particular conversation and understand the context before you decided to jump in..... I died in Bayonetta, not Dark Souls.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts
@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Krelian-co

You might wana retrace the source of this particular conversation and understand the context before you decided to jump in..... I died in Bayonetta, not Dark Souls.

there are 2 options here: you either played it and agreed with the fighting a boss a 100 times which shows you were really bad at it, or you haven't played it and you talk nonsense without knowledge, either way you are just dumb.

D4RKL1NG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 D4RKL1NG
Member since 2012 • 288 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@D4RKL1NG

.I didn't literally mean a 100 times. (It was more a potshot at the other moaning idiot)

It sure is worth that single triumph,because the game doesn't hold your hand like you're a little pussy. No obvious "shoot the glowy parts" like Gears,Lost Planet RE etc. It actually makes you THINK when fighting an enemy,you need to study the attacks and plan your attacks accordingly,use the right equipment for the job or you will get your ass handed to you quite quick. When you die it's because YOU made a mistake. And that's why I love it. Now if you'll excuse me,I'm off for some jolly cooperation :)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 Lulu_Lulu

@Krelian-co

I'm not the one who even brought it up..... You can take your two options and suck on them ! :p

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 Lulu_Lulu

@D4RKL1NG

Devil May Cry can do those things and then some. except the planning part simply because how will you know what to plan for on the 1st playthrough ? How will you know whats the right Equipment on every new enemy encounter ?

If i Make a mistake in my Character Creation is it my fault if gets me killed 2 hours later when there really is not much you can do about it ? Will you know what the Mistake is before it gets you killed (emphasis on the word before) and if so will it already be too late ?

Dark Souls from all descriptions seems like an elaborate way to sucker punch the player repeatedly everytime they do something they didn't know and no way of knowing what to do... Or where to go.... Or what to bring when you go there.

And Lost Planet is a Pretty intelligent game.... Yes its shoot the glowy bits.... Other shooter don't even have glowy bits, in other shooters its shoot whatever you want because a head shot is no different from an ankle shot.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@tubbyc

You used fair conditions to determine the difficulty like like using the same Build ?

Yes, I went with a mage mostly for all of them. Also tried a play through with strength/melee for Demon's and a few times for Dark. For DS2, I went with a mage for the first six play throughs, and then switched to a Faith/Strength build for NG+6 and +7. Went back to Intelligence build for NG+8 and NG+9 (except for The Lost Sinner, it gets hard to make Soul Geysers hit, so switched to Faith and Lightning Spears for her). It would be harder going all melee.

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#373  Edited By Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

@sam890 said:

@-Damien- said:

I doubt PC players can handle Demon's Souls games. Namco has to tone down DkS2 to accomodate PC players and more casual players

LOL are you serious dude ? Ain't shit toned down in the PC, have fun with your jaggies and ugly visuals. While we of the master race enjoy 4k downsampled beauty.

Uh, it's a fact that the game was nerfed in advance of PC release. Look up the reddit.

Also, how do you downsalmple a game that doesn't exist on pc? Your other Master Beggar buddies might want to know your trick, about 700k of them who begged for GTA5 in fact.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Can't wait see the reveal for 2015's Game Of The Year.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#375  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

To point out something really quick....as if the fog gate didn't already evidently gave it away, its very much confirmed its Demon Souls 2 or a Souls games

Take a look at the Soul hovering above the corpse's body.

A trademark of the Souls games.

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

@mr-powers said:

@sam890 said:

@-Damien- said:

I doubt PC players can handle Demon's Souls games. Namco has to tone down DkS2 to accomodate PC players and more casual players

LOL are you serious dude ? Ain't shit toned down in the PC, have fun with your jaggies and ugly visuals. While we of the master race enjoy 4k downsampled beauty.

Uh, it's a fact that the game was nerfed in advance of PC release. Look up the reddit.

Also, how do you downsalmple a game that doesn't exist on pc? Your other Master Beggar buddies might want to know your trick, about 700k of them who begged for GTA5 in fact.

Can I get a link to the reddit thread ? And I don't want GTA5 that game was lame.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

@BlbecekBobecek said:

Well its clear that they HAVE to show something on the E3, this gen is lacking big time in terms of announced blockbusters.

You know why its lacking? because the gen JUST started!

the new gen didnt even get its own E3 yet

I read some insider interveiw stating that there is lack of blockbuster games because everyone expected nextgen consoles to fail so they didnt want to commit to development for them. When it turned out that PS4 is a huge success and Xbone is going strong as well, everybody started the development, but it was too late and thats whay it takes so long for them to show us at least something of the things to come.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@mr-powers said:

@sam890 said:

@-Damien- said:

Quite funny really.... you make it sound like wanting a good game is a bad thing, especially when historically that franchise has been greatly enhanced on the PC with the modding community...any realy GTA fan should be hopeing for it. but reality of how casual the console peasant market is strikes again.

PC Gamers are aware of all forms of games.... meanwhile majority of people lapping up console gaming can only tolerate easy linear cutscene fests and can't see past their own yes that the biggest genres in gaming with depth are MMOs/MOBAs and they don't even know they exist.

That console bubble. how sad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@BlbecekBobecek said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@BlbecekBobecek said:

Well its clear that they HAVE to show something on the E3, this gen is lacking big time in terms of announced blockbusters.

You know why its lacking? because the gen JUST started!

the new gen didnt even get its own E3 yet

I read some insider interveiw stating that there is lack of blockbuster games because everyone expected nextgen consoles to fail so they didnt want to commit to development for them. When it turned out that PS4 is a huge success and Xbone is going strong as well, everybody started the development, but it was too late and thats whay it takes so long for them to show us at least something of the things to come.

What you read is a load of nonsense.... technology moves foward everywhere... no one with half a brain would think the 360/PS3 would last much longer without change... and the phone market is not replacing anything, its its own beast.... just the same stupid "doom" crap that appears with any new medium.

Think for yourself now... all of you saying that "This console generation is weak so far" ... its been 6 friggin months.... its had the best lineup of multiplats.... has more smaller games thanks to indies than previous console launches.... its actually doing really well in EVERY aspect.

PS3 ..... didn't have any AAAE game until 2 years into its life.... XBOX360 for its first year was practically gears of war, kameo, pdz and lesser games.

Its like people forget this happens every generation. developers are not stupid enough to cancel old-gen projects just to satisfy early adopters... its not good business sense, this happens every time.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

This needs to happen...