FromSoftware and Sony working on mystery project (PS4)

#201 Edited by groowagon (2741 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@groowagon said:

might even be Dark Souls 3. set in different era would be a cool change. if the shotgun works like the crossbow in the previous ones, it doesn't really make a huge difference.

It's not Dark Souls, did you ignore my informative post on this very page or are you just blind? Here is another link.

Beast's Demon's Soul is found in the PS3 video game Demon's Souls.

http://www.giantbomb.com/beasts-demons-soul/3055-2156/

This is straight from Demon's Souls and the Beast's Demon's Soul is the last soul you get when you beat Demon's Souls. It has nothing to do with Dark Souls and straight from Demon's souls lore so you can stop trying to call it Dark Souls 3 lol the damage control from you non-PS4 owners is hilarious.

Damage controllers are trying to call this Dark Souls 3 to make the suggestion that it might go multiplat one day since everyone knows that Demon's Souls is a Sony playstation exclusive franchise. I have already smashed that idea with my earlier post and now this one.

It's funny to see damage controlling non PS4 owners making up arguments that souls games are bad now, no one wants it (as if they could play it anyway without owning a PS4) or that it must be Dark Souls even though Demon's Souls was the original game made between Sony and From and the title confirms this is directly from the Demon's Souls universe. Looking like the forums will run red with bloody tears producing a new level of butthurt never seen on the forums before come this years E3, it has already begun.

haters, lems, herms be like "bu but, it's Dark Souls 3, uh no it's Dark Souls 4 so it's possible this game can go multiplat one day!!!"

damage control? lol what the actual fuck? i'm excited about anything From makes, no matter what platform they make it on. in my country i'm allowed to buy any console i want. i don't know how it works in your country.

i'm not seeing any solid proof that it's going to be a Demon's Souls sequel, other than the fact that it's PS4 exclusive. actually quite the opposite; Atlus said themselves they have no plans making a sequel to it. you missed that memo?

Atlus PR Manager John Hardin stated, "[I] can 100% confirm there will NOT be a Demon Souls 2."

#202 Edited by finalstar2007 (24907 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@groowagon said:

might even be Dark Souls 3. set in different era would be a cool change. if the shotgun works like the crossbow in the previous ones, it doesn't really make a huge difference.

It's not Dark Souls, did you ignore my informative post on this very page or are you just blind? Here is another link.

Beast's Demon's Soul is found in the PS3 video game Demon's Souls.

http://www.giantbomb.com/beasts-demons-soul/3055-2156/

This is straight from Demon's Souls and the Beast's Demon's Soul is the last soul you get when you beat Demon's Souls. It has nothing to do with Dark Souls and straight from Demon's souls lore so you can stop trying to call it Dark Souls 3 lol the damage control from you non-PS4 owners is hilarious.

Damage controllers are trying to call this Dark Souls 3 to make the suggestion that it might go multiplat one day since everyone knows that Demon's Souls is a Sony playstation exclusive franchise. I have already smashed that idea with my earlier post and now this one.

It's funny to see damage controlling non PS4 owners making up arguments that souls games are bad now, no one wants it (as if they could play it anyway without owning a PS4) or that it must be Dark Souls even though Demon's Souls was the original game made between Sony and From and the title confirms this is directly from the Demon's Souls universe. Looking like the forums will run red with bloody tears producing a new level of butthurt never seen on the forums before come this years E3, it has already begun.

haters, lems, herms be like "bu but, it's Dark Souls 3, uh no it's Dark Souls 4 so it's possible this game can go multiplat one day!!!"

damage control? lol what the actual fuck? i'm excited about anything From makes, no matter what platform they make it on. in my country i'm allowed to buy any console i want. i don't know how it works in your country.

i'm not seeing any solid proof that it's going to be a Demon's Souls sequel, other than the fact that it's PS4 exclusive. actually quite the opposite; From said themselves they have no plans making a sequel to it. you missed that memo?

Atlus PR Manager John Hardin stated, "[I] can 100% confirm there will NOT be a Demon Souls 2."

You got to remember that Atlus was the publisher of Demon Souls but the IP is owned by Sony so that PR line could mean Atlus will not publish anymore Demon Souls game as whatever comes next (Demon Souls 2 or any other souls game ) will surely be published by Sony themselves seeing how popular the Souls games are.

Atlus was only the publisher they have no control over what gets developed and Atlus will not know if a new game was being developed or not since anything Demon Souls related is up to Sony and From Software.

As many others said the game could be called Demon Beasts Souls or Beasts Souls not necessarily Demon Souls 2.

we'll found out next month at E3 thats for sure but the leaks and everything shown so far is too legit to be fake.

#203 Posted by groowagon (2741 posts) -

@groowagon said:

@casharmy said:

@groowagon said:

might even be Dark Souls 3. set in different era would be a cool change. if the shotgun works like the crossbow in the previous ones, it doesn't really make a huge difference.

It's not Dark Souls, did you ignore my informative post on this very page or are you just blind? Here is another link.

Beast's Demon's Soul is found in the PS3 video game Demon's Souls.

http://www.giantbomb.com/beasts-demons-soul/3055-2156/

This is straight from Demon's Souls and the Beast's Demon's Soul is the last soul you get when you beat Demon's Souls. It has nothing to do with Dark Souls and straight from Demon's souls lore so you can stop trying to call it Dark Souls 3 lol the damage control from you non-PS4 owners is hilarious.

Damage controllers are trying to call this Dark Souls 3 to make the suggestion that it might go multiplat one day since everyone knows that Demon's Souls is a Sony playstation exclusive franchise. I have already smashed that idea with my earlier post and now this one.

It's funny to see damage controlling non PS4 owners making up arguments that souls games are bad now, no one wants it (as if they could play it anyway without owning a PS4) or that it must be Dark Souls even though Demon's Souls was the original game made between Sony and From and the title confirms this is directly from the Demon's Souls universe. Looking like the forums will run red with bloody tears producing a new level of butthurt never seen on the forums before come this years E3, it has already begun.

haters, lems, herms be like "bu but, it's Dark Souls 3, uh no it's Dark Souls 4 so it's possible this game can go multiplat one day!!!"

damage control? lol what the actual fuck? i'm excited about anything From makes, no matter what platform they make it on. in my country i'm allowed to buy any console i want. i don't know how it works in your country.

i'm not seeing any solid proof that it's going to be a Demon's Souls sequel, other than the fact that it's PS4 exclusive. actually quite the opposite; From said themselves they have no plans making a sequel to it. you missed that memo?

Atlus PR Manager John Hardin stated, "[I] can 100% confirm there will NOT be a Demon Souls 2."

You got to remember that Atlus was the publisher of Demon Souls but the IP is owned by Sony so that PR line could mean Atlus will not publish anymore Demon Souls game as whatever comes next (Demon Souls 2 or any other souls game ) will surely be published by Sony themselves seeing how popular the Souls games are.

Atlus was only the publisher they have no control over what gets developed and Atlus will not know if a new game was being developed or not since anything Demon Souls related is up to Sony and From Software.

As many others said the game could be called Demon Beasts Souls or Beasts Souls not necessarily Demon Souls 2.

we'll found out next month at E3 thats for sure but the leaks and everything shown so far is too legit to be fake.

ah, yes. thanks for clearing that up. but still, i don't give a damn what they call it. Souls game is a Souls game, and it's basicly a "Dark Souls 3" for me no matter what they call it. i mean, it's not like Dark Souls is a different kind of game compared to Demon's Souls...

#204 Edited by casharmy (6822 posts) -

@Zaibach said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

Once again, Demon Souls has already a sequel. It´s called Dark Souls. Only idiots cannot grasp it. Whatever it is, it's not Demon Souls 2.

so damn salty, you mad cause you know that Demons souls 2 would never see the light of day on your precious PC.

lol, hit the nail on the head.

Look at this Lulu_Lulu idiot saying "the game will suck". So now the sequel to one of the 8 GOTY titles from among the hundreds of games that released last gen will "suck".

Looks like this news is revealing what type of idiot were on the PS4 bashing campaign all along. No level of reasoning can save that clown from sounding like a moron with an argument that desperate. lol how many more green eyed trolls will this news expose?

#205 Posted by _Matt_ (8849 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

I'm hoping for a Demon's Souls sequel as much as anyone....

but sheesh guys some of you are jumping the gun just a little bit. CHILL!! Hold ye horses! Vamoosh! etc...

Your telling me you wouldnt be jumping the gun when a game you like gets leaked or is rumored to come out?

a lot of people like the Souls games so its only natural that everyone are getting excited besides this could be the sequel to the game that started the popularity of the Souls games.

I'm a huge Souls fan. Demon's and Dark Souls games make my top 5 games of gen 7, 2 of those are at spots 1 and 2. So I should be as hyped as anyone, but really there's just not enough to go on here, if it turns out not to be souls what then? Massive disappointment.

#206 Edited by casharmy (6822 posts) -

@groowagon said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@groowagon said:

@casharmy said:

@groowagon said:

might even be Dark Souls 3. set in different era would be a cool change. if the shotgun works like the crossbow in the previous ones, it doesn't really make a huge difference.

It's not Dark Souls, did you ignore my informative post on this very page or are you just blind? Here is another link.

Beast's Demon's Soul is found in the PS3 video game Demon's Souls.

http://www.giantbomb.com/beasts-demons-soul/3055-2156/

This is straight from Demon's Souls and the Beast's Demon's Soul is the last soul you get when you beat Demon's Souls. It has nothing to do with Dark Souls and straight from Demon's souls lore so you can stop trying to call it Dark Souls 3 lol the damage control from you non-PS4 owners is hilarious.

Damage controllers are trying to call this Dark Souls 3 to make the suggestion that it might go multiplat one day since everyone knows that Demon's Souls is a Sony playstation exclusive franchise. I have already smashed that idea with my earlier post and now this one.

It's funny to see damage controlling non PS4 owners making up arguments that souls games are bad now, no one wants it (as if they could play it anyway without owning a PS4) or that it must be Dark Souls even though Demon's Souls was the original game made between Sony and From and the title confirms this is directly from the Demon's Souls universe. Looking like the forums will run red with bloody tears producing a new level of butthurt never seen on the forums before come this years E3, it has already begun.

haters, lems, herms be like "bu but, it's Dark Souls 3, uh no it's Dark Souls 4 so it's possible this game can go multiplat one day!!!"

damage control? lol what the actual fuck? i'm excited about anything From makes, no matter what platform they make it on. in my country i'm allowed to buy any console i want. i don't know how it works in your country.

i'm not seeing any solid proof that it's going to be a Demon's Souls sequel, other than the fact that it's PS4 exclusive. actually quite the opposite; From said themselves they have no plans making a sequel to it. you missed that memo?

Atlus PR Manager John Hardin stated, "[I] can 100% confirm there will NOT be a Demon Souls 2."

You got to remember that Atlus was the publisher of Demon Souls but the IP is owned by Sony so that PR line could mean Atlus will not publish anymore Demon Souls game as whatever comes next (Demon Souls 2 or any other souls game ) will surely be published by Sony themselves seeing how popular the Souls games are.

Atlus was only the publisher they have no control over what gets developed and Atlus will not know if a new game was being developed or not since anything Demon Souls related is up to Sony and From Software.

As many others said the game could be called Demon Beasts Souls or Beasts Souls not necessarily Demon Souls 2.

we'll found out next month at E3 thats for sure but the leaks and everything shown so far is too legit to be fake.

ah, yes. thanks for clearing that up. but still, i don't give a damn what they call it. Souls game is a Souls game, and it's basicly a "Dark Souls 3" for me no matter what they call it. i mean, it's not like Dark Souls is a different kind of game compared to Demon's Souls...

How is it Dark Souls 3 when Demon's Souls was the original souls game? lol your damage control is hilarious.

Keep damage controlling Demon's Souls is vastly different from Dark Souls. Sounds like you never even played Demon's. Story, lore, Soul/world tendency, hub Dark Souls was nerfed to a great degree compared to Demon's. So tell me damage controller what are the current systems you own lol because it's clear that the one system you don't own is the PS4.

#207 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10051 posts) -

@ casharmy

GOTY's are nothing to Brag about.... Afterall Skyrim got many of them..... Also when was the last time you based the quality of a game for yourself instead of piggy backing off the popular oppinion of others ?

#208 Edited by casharmy (6822 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ casharmy

GOTY's are nothing to Brag about.... Afterall Skyrim got many of them.....

Also when was the last time you based the quality of a game for yourself instead of piggy backing off the popular oppinion of others ?

Look at my user ID dumbass.

It has been like that since DAY 1. I never changed it. I imported, played and hyped Demon's Souls before any award or US review had been given. It was my GOTY before everything else just solidifed my views when fools like you said Demon's Souls would be forgotten in a week.

There is nothing else you can say to make yourself not sound like a clown here. You are damage controlling to the max saying the sequel to an AAA GOTY game will "suck" with no other reference but your jealousy and butthurt.

Just curious, what systems do you currently own?

#209 Posted by groowagon (2741 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@groowagon said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@groowagon said:

@casharmy said:

@groowagon said:

might even be Dark Souls 3. set in different era would be a cool change. if the shotgun works like the crossbow in the previous ones, it doesn't really make a huge difference.

It's not Dark Souls, did you ignore my informative post on this very page or are you just blind? Here is another link.

Beast's Demon's Soul is found in the PS3 video game Demon's Souls.

http://www.giantbomb.com/beasts-demons-soul/3055-2156/

This is straight from Demon's Souls and the Beast's Demon's Soul is the last soul you get when you beat Demon's Souls. It has nothing to do with Dark Souls and straight from Demon's souls lore so you can stop trying to call it Dark Souls 3 lol the damage control from you non-PS4 owners is hilarious.

Damage controllers are trying to call this Dark Souls 3 to make the suggestion that it might go multiplat one day since everyone knows that Demon's Souls is a Sony playstation exclusive franchise. I have already smashed that idea with my earlier post and now this one.

It's funny to see damage controlling non PS4 owners making up arguments that souls games are bad now, no one wants it (as if they could play it anyway without owning a PS4) or that it must be Dark Souls even though Demon's Souls was the original game made between Sony and From and the title confirms this is directly from the Demon's Souls universe. Looking like the forums will run red with bloody tears producing a new level of butthurt never seen on the forums before come this years E3, it has already begun.

haters, lems, herms be like "bu but, it's Dark Souls 3, uh no it's Dark Souls 4 so it's possible this game can go multiplat one day!!!"

damage control? lol what the actual fuck? i'm excited about anything From makes, no matter what platform they make it on. in my country i'm allowed to buy any console i want. i don't know how it works in your country.

i'm not seeing any solid proof that it's going to be a Demon's Souls sequel, other than the fact that it's PS4 exclusive. actually quite the opposite; From said themselves they have no plans making a sequel to it. you missed that memo?

Atlus PR Manager John Hardin stated, "[I] can 100% confirm there will NOT be a Demon Souls 2."

You got to remember that Atlus was the publisher of Demon Souls but the IP is owned by Sony so that PR line could mean Atlus will not publish anymore Demon Souls game as whatever comes next (Demon Souls 2 or any other souls game ) will surely be published by Sony themselves seeing how popular the Souls games are.

Atlus was only the publisher they have no control over what gets developed and Atlus will not know if a new game was being developed or not since anything Demon Souls related is up to Sony and From Software.

As many others said the game could be called Demon Beasts Souls or Beasts Souls not necessarily Demon Souls 2.

we'll found out next month at E3 thats for sure but the leaks and everything shown so far is too legit to be fake.

ah, yes. thanks for clearing that up. but still, i don't give a damn what they call it. Souls game is a Souls game, and it's basicly a "Dark Souls 3" for me no matter what they call it. i mean, it's not like Dark Souls is a different kind of game compared to Demon's Souls...

How is it Dark Souls 3 when Demon's Souls was the original souls game? lol your damage control is hilarious.

Keep damage controlling Demon's Souls is vastly different from Dark Souls. Sounds like you never even played Demon's. Story, lore, Soul/world tendency, hub Dark Souls was nerfed to a great degree compared to Demon's. So tell me damage controller what are the current systems you own lol because it's clear that the one system you don't own is the PS4.

what fucking damage control? you have totally lost it, dude. if they say it's a ps4 exclusive, then the name doesn't change that fact, now does it?

lol at vastly different. it plays the same and is clearly the same series. dark souls 2 also plays as "vastly" different as dark souls 1. my point is that i see Demon's Souls as the same game as what Dark Souls' are and with that i mean i don't give a shit what it's called. it's just another Souls game for me. and they are great.

i don't own any of the new consoles. i will buy one when one of them gets some amazing games that i can't play on PC. most propably PS4.

#210 Posted by Desmonic (13209 posts) -

Guys, guys......no walls of text >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> walls of f*cking text.

:P

#211 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10051 posts) -

@ casharmy

I'm damaging controlling what now ? I have no interest in Demon Souls success or failures.

#212 Edited by _Matt_ (8849 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Guys, guys......no walls of text >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> walls of f*cking text.

:P

But illusory walls of text >>>>>> no walls of text.

#213 Posted by casharmy (6822 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@groowagon said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@groowagon said:

@casharmy said:

@groowagon said:

might even be Dark Souls 3. set in different era would be a cool change. if the shotgun works like the crossbow in the previous ones, it doesn't really make a huge difference.

It's not Dark Souls, did you ignore my informative post on this very page or are you just blind? Here is another link.

Beast's Demon's Soul is found in the PS3 video game Demon's Souls.

http://www.giantbomb.com/beasts-demons-soul/3055-2156/

This is straight from Demon's Souls and the Beast's Demon's Soul is the last soul you get when you beat Demon's Souls. It has nothing to do with Dark Souls and straight from Demon's souls lore so you can stop trying to call it Dark Souls 3 lol the damage control from you non-PS4 owners is hilarious.

Damage controllers are trying to call this Dark Souls 3 to make the suggestion that it might go multiplat one day since everyone knows that Demon's Souls is a Sony playstation exclusive franchise. I have already smashed that idea with my earlier post and now this one.

It's funny to see damage controlling non PS4 owners making up arguments that souls games are bad now, no one wants it (as if they could play it anyway without owning a PS4) or that it must be Dark Souls even though Demon's Souls was the original game made between Sony and From and the title confirms this is directly from the Demon's Souls universe. Looking like the forums will run red with bloody tears producing a new level of butthurt never seen on the forums before come this years E3, it has already begun.

haters, lems, herms be like "bu but, it's Dark Souls 3, uh no it's Dark Souls 4 so it's possible this game can go multiplat one day!!!"

damage control? lol what the actual fuck? i'm excited about anything From makes, no matter what platform they make it on. in my country i'm allowed to buy any console i want. i don't know how it works in your country.

i'm not seeing any solid proof that it's going to be a Demon's Souls sequel, other than the fact that it's PS4 exclusive. actually quite the opposite; From said themselves they have no plans making a sequel to it. you missed that memo?

Atlus PR Manager John Hardin stated, "[I] can 100% confirm there will NOT be a Demon Souls 2."

You got to remember that Atlus was the publisher of Demon Souls but the IP is owned by Sony so that PR line could mean Atlus will not publish anymore Demon Souls game as whatever comes next (Demon Souls 2 or any other souls game ) will surely be published by Sony themselves seeing how popular the Souls games are.

Atlus was only the publisher they have no control over what gets developed and Atlus will not know if a new game was being developed or not since anything Demon Souls related is up to Sony and From Software.

As many others said the game could be called Demon Beasts Souls or Beasts Souls not necessarily Demon Souls 2.

we'll found out next month at E3 thats for sure but the leaks and everything shown so far is too legit to be fake.

ah, yes. thanks for clearing that up. but still, i don't give a damn what they call it. Souls game is a Souls game, and it's basicly a "Dark Souls 3" for me no matter what they call it. i mean, it's not like Dark Souls is a different kind of game compared to Demon's Souls...

How is it Dark Souls 3 when Demon's Souls was the original souls game? lol your damage control is hilarious.

Keep damage controlling Demon's Souls is vastly different from Dark Souls. Sounds like you never even played Demon's. Story, lore, Soul/world tendency, hub Dark Souls was nerfed to a great degree compared to Demon's. So tell me damage controller what are the current systems you own lol because it's clear that the one system you don't own is the PS4.

what fucking damage control? you have totally lost it, dude. if they say it's a ps4 exclusive, then the name doesn't change that fact, now does it?

lol at vastly different. it plays the same and is clearly the same series. dark souls 2 also plays as "vastly" different as dark souls 1. my point is that i see Demon's Souls as the same game as what Dark Souls' are and with that i mean i don't give a shit what it's called. it's just another Souls game for me. and they are great.

i don't own any of the new consoles. i will buy one when one of them gets some amazing games that i can't play on PC. most propably PS4.

Ahh, so you are a PC gamer that only played a souls game once it got ported to PC. That explains a lot.

#214 Edited by groowagon (2741 posts) -
#215 Edited by casharmy (6822 posts) -
#216 Posted by _Matt_ (8849 posts) -

@casharmy said:

And I have a modest gaming PC in the corner collecting dust. I didn't know what all that has to do with my post but thanks for sharing, so I share to.

Stop gaming machine abuse now.

If you have seen a console or computer be neglected and abused, call our free hotline! Every system deserves to be enjoyed!

#217 Posted by Desmonic (13209 posts) -
#218 Posted by _Matt_ (8849 posts) -
#219 Edited by casharmy (6822 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@casharmy said:

And I have a modest gaming PC in the corner collecting dust. I didn't know what all that has to do with my post but thanks for sharing, so I share to.

Stop gaming machine abuse now.

If you have seen a console or computer be neglected and abused, call our free hotline! Every system deserves to be enjoyed!

For what it's worth, I really enjoyed Mugen for a while on PC. Other than RPGs I consider myself the biggest fan of fighters and nothing on consoles really compares.

I fully enjoyed and appreciated the moding and configuration capabilities of PC with that game. I have had full room sessions of people pilling up in my studio room going "Oh shit" having money matches betting on this game and it was awesome.

Regardless of not being a very demanding game it made my investment into PC hardware and a gaming card worthwhile. The only problem was none of the full releases lived up to my expectation of what I was told PC was supposed to be or the games I was hyped into buying PC hardware for never came out (Project offset).

Not a hater though, if PC comes out with an amazing exclusive that warrants my attention, I won't damage control like many of the clowns here. I will either congratulate the herms on having a great game to play or upgrade my own hardware so I will be able to enjoy that game with them.

#220 Posted by Desmonic (13209 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@Desmonic said:

@_Matt_: Not really no XD

Spoil sport.

It's even worse when they keep quoting gigantic posts just to add a sentence as their answer lol

#221 Edited by tormentos (16822 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

PlayStation always brings the games, every single generation. Certain hermits are very asshurt right now.

why?

Come on now. Hermits hyped Dark Souls 2 to absurd levels and we find out the real talent at From Software has been making a PS4 exclusive. The port begging from hermits on Gaf was hilarious. Easy solution to this is buy a PS4 and I think the hardcore fans will do just that.

The mods even put port begging = ban on the main thread name..ahahahahaaa

Let the port begging start.

#222 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4419 posts) -

Ok. I don´t care how you call it, you cow lunatics.

Dark Souls 1 is a sequel to Demon Souls, in the same way how Final Fantasy 7 is a sequel to Final Fantasy 6.

Darks Souls 2 is a sequel to Dark Souls 1 and it's completely different from DS1, so different that is more close to Demon Souls than to Dark Souls.

What ever you call it, it will not be Demon Souls 2. It would be pretty stupid of FromSoftware to set the game like Souls in the same setting that everyone already have beaten.

Secondly, I doubt a lot that it will even be another Souls games. As DS2 is doing so much better as a multiplat. This was the first reason why FromSoftware created Dark Souls, to break away from Sony's Ip ownership. I doubt that they are willing to give away Sony another piece of their best franchises on which they could make three times more as a multiplat.

Rumor is still a rumor. And no amount of overexcited cows will make it true. The game they are supposedly developing for Sony could be anything starting from MOBA to co-op multiplayer based on Souls universe. The latter would explain "shotgun" and "total chaos".

And now I am bail out as I don´t want to waist my breath on fantasizing about rumors.

#223 Posted by Desmonic (13209 posts) -

Dat denial.

#224 Edited by casharmy (6822 posts) -

Ok. I don´t care how you call it, you cow lunatics.

Dark Souls 1 is a sequel to Demon Souls, in the same way how Final Fantasy 7 is a sequel to Final Fantasy 6.

Darks Souls 2 is a sequel to Dark Souls 1 and it's completely different from DS1, so different that is more close to Demon Souls than to Dark Souls.

What ever you call it, it will not be Demon Souls 2. It would be pretty stupid of FromSoftware to set the game like Souls in the same setting that everyone already have beaten.

Secondly, I doubt a lot that it will even be another Souls games. As DS2 is doing so much better as a multiplat. This was the first reason why FromSoftware created Dark Souls, to break away from Sony's Ip ownership. I doubt that they are willing to give away Sony another piece of their best franchises on which they could make three times more as a multiplat.

Rumor is still a rumor. And no amount of overexcited cows will make it true. The game they are supposedly developing for Sony could be anything starting from MOBA to co-op multiplayer based on Souls universe. The latter would explain "shotgun" and "total chaos".

And now I am bail out as I don´t want to waist my breath on fantasizing about rumors.

Dat meltdown

#226 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13164 posts) -

Holy shit, Pc nogamesrace is so jealous of this that they're trying to downplay it by saying it's a mod.

Is u series?

#227 Posted by TheShensolidus (224 posts) -
#228 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26282 posts) -

Ok. I don´t care how you call it, you cow lunatics.

Dark Souls 1 is a sequel to Demon Souls, in the same way how Final Fantasy 7 is a sequel to Final Fantasy 6.

Darks Souls 2 is a sequel to Dark Souls 1 and it's completely different from DS1, so different that is more close to Demon Souls than to Dark Souls.

What ever you call it, it will not be Demon Souls 2. It would be pretty stupid of FromSoftware to set the game like Souls in the same setting that everyone already have beaten.

Secondly, I doubt a lot that it will even be another Souls games. As DS2 is doing so much better as a multiplat. This was the first reason why FromSoftware created Dark Souls, to break away from Sony's Ip ownership. I doubt that they are willing to give away Sony another piece of their best franchises on which they could make three times more as a multiplat.

Rumor is still a rumor. And no amount of overexcited cows will make it true. The game they are supposedly developing for Sony could be anything starting from MOBA to co-op multiplayer based on Souls universe. The latter would explain "shotgun" and "total chaos".

And now I am bail out as I don´t want to waist my breath on fantasizing about rumors.

If anything the word your looking is spiritual successor not sequel.It also coming off as you would be mad if the next soul game is a exclusive game.

#229 Posted by speedfog (3008 posts) -

Never got into Demon Souls. But more games = good.

#230 Posted by D4RKL1NG (234 posts) -

Holy shit..So many idiots up in this joint!

Dark Souls isn't a sequel to Demon Souls. Just like The Last of Us isn't a sequel to Uncharted. "Bu bu Joel looks like an older Drake!" -> Doesn't relate the games AT ALL. Sure Dark Souls uses some mechanics from Demon Souls because it's the same company that made 'em.

#231 Posted by KratosYOLOSwag (312 posts) -

Sony employee on gaf has been hinting about this for a while now. Everything he has hinted at in the past has come true. This looks like the trailer that will be shown at E3.

A PS4 exclusive Souls game will be a system seller for all the fans across the 3 platforms. I need to get my PS4 soon.

Looks like Sony is planning on killing it this E3. The Order and Uncharted gameplay + exclusive Souls game + TLG + games from Sony's other 1st party studios (specifically Guerilla, Media Molecule, and Bend).

#232 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (10051 posts) -

@ D4RKL1NG

Dark Souls was the only way Demon Souls could go Multiplatform.... It may not be a sequel per say but all things considered it really doesn't make a difference. Dark Souls is Demon Souls 2 in every way that matters. Same Developers Same game design concepts hell they both have the same freaking word in the title ! Its so obvious that I doubt me pointing that out is gona change peoples minds simply because they aren't right in the head to begin with.

#233 Edited by Young_Charter (19832 posts) -

Its called project beast. . So it says enough. . Beast Souls.. lol

#234 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16610 posts) -

The screenshots look like another Souls game to me. Maybe a next gen one.

And to everyone saying Demon Souls 2, what would be the point in that? I'm pretty sure the one and only reason that Dark Souls wasn't Demon Souls 2 is that they wanted to go multiplat with it.

#235 Posted by Couth_ (9983 posts) -

The ass hurt in this thread is off the charts. For a second i thought system wars was back but it turns out the hurt is resonating from less than a handful of users making nonsensical posts smh

Lulu sure is making a tonne of posts in a thread for a game he supposedly doesnt care for. Seems he's secretly a huge fan and just wants to keep bumping the thread

#236 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13164 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer said:

The screenshots look like another Souls game to me. Maybe a next gen one.

And to everyone saying Demon Souls 2, what would be the point in that? I'm pretty sure the one and only reason that Dark Souls wasn't Demon Souls 2 is that they wanted to go multiplat with it.

You do realize if anything SCE is helping development/ putting up money towards this game. The chances of this being a multiplat are pretty much non existent.

Besides that, being that ps4 is the most popular game console, there's a damn good chance this will do excellently and help move even more units. There's a reason Sony owns the demon's souls IP, they don't even outright have to call it Demons Souls 2, any references to the first game are good enough.

Uuuumbasa.

#237 Edited by tonitorsi (8276 posts) -

Been at the GAF thread witnessing all the madness ensue.

Can't wait to see how the whole thing plays out with Shotguns and ammunition weaponry. Seeing as how a fog gate was leaked, I reckon its related to the world of Demon Soul, this time with a key protagonist.

I'm with the group that hopes this brings vast gameplay changes to the Soul series. Can never go wrong with that.

#238 Posted by Young_Charter (19832 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer said:

The screenshots look like another Souls game to me. Maybe a next gen one.

And to everyone saying Demon Souls 2, what would be the point in that? I'm pretty sure the one and only reason that Dark Souls wasn't Demon Souls 2 is that they wanted to go multiplat with it.

You do realize if anything SCE is helping development/ putting up money towards this game. The chances of this being a multiplat are pretty much non existent.

Besides that, being that ps4 is the most popular game console, there's a damn good chance this will do excellently and help move even more units. There's a reason Sony owns the demon's souls IP, they don't even outright have to call it Demons Souls 2, any references to the first game are good enough.

Uuuumbasa.

Preach.

#239 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16610 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4: My question still stands. I get they own the Demon Souls IP and all that, but a Demon Souls 2 just seems pointless. Dark Souls is already a successful franchise, and both the games have pretty much the same type of gameplay. the only real difference is the way the gaems are structured.

#240 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13164 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer said:

@ReadingRainbow4: My question still stands. I get they own the Demon Souls IP and all that, but a Demon Souls 2 just seems pointless. Dark Souls is already a successful franchise, and both the games have pretty much the same type of gameplay. the only real difference is the way the gaems are structured.

Game development costs money, chances are this games been in development for a while now, probably since darksouls 1 was completed, this would explain why Miyazaki and a handful of other prominent fromsoft members were absent from darks souls 2. Why would you take chances with multiplat sales when you could receive a flat sum upfront + an early chance to work with next gen hardware.

And besides strictly thinking about this from just a monetary standpoint, these guys are artists. They might just want to make the best game they can possibly make and PS4 allowed them that freedom at the time.

It's really not that surprising. There's gotta be some good will between From and Sony as well, Demons Souls was really what put them on the map last gen and made them a household name.

#241 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26282 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4: My question still stands. I get they own the Demon Souls IP and all that, but a Demon Souls 2 just seems pointless. Dark Souls is already a successful franchise, and both the games have pretty much the same type of gameplay. the only real difference is the way the gaems are structured.

But some didint like dark souls and liked demon souls way more.So it not really pointless since it could get those people back.I personally didint like dark souls so I didint even bother with dark souls 2 and never will.

#242 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13164 posts) -

@finalfantasy94 said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

@ReadingRainbow4: My question still stands. I get they own the Demon Souls IP and all that, but a Demon Souls 2 just seems pointless. Dark Souls is already a successful franchise, and both the games have pretty much the same type of gameplay. the only real difference is the way the gaems are structured.

But some didint like dark souls and liked demon souls way more.So it not really pointless since it could get those people back.I personally didint like dark souls so I didint even bother with dark souls 2 and never will.

I love all the souls games, but demon's souls is still king when it comes to mood and atmosphere.

Holy shit, nothing stands up to tower of Latria and how disturbing that place was.

#243 Edited by D4RKL1NG (234 posts) -

@ D4RKL1NG

Dark Souls was the only way Demon Souls could go Multiplatform.... It may not be a sequel per say but all things considered it really doesn't make a difference. Dark Souls is Demon Souls 2 in every way that matters. Same Developers Same game design concepts hell they both have the same freaking word in the title ! Its so obvious that I doubt me pointing that out is gona change peoples minds simply because they aren't right in the head to begin with.

Whatever.

Just for the love of God stop putting a space between the @ and the username. @ Lulu_Lulu doesn't work. @Lulu_Lulu does. It's not that hard.

#244 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (10051 posts) -

@D4RKL1NG

Doesn't Work..... Been having problems with gamespot for a while now....

#245 Posted by foxhound_fox (87413 posts) -

After Dark Souls II, I don't think From has the chops to really create anything drastically different anymore.

Whatever this is (regardless of the IP used), it'll be Demon's/Dark Souls redux for the fourth time.

#246 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13164 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

After Dark Souls II, I don't think From has the chops to really create anything drastically different anymore.

Whatever this is (regardless of the IP used), it'll be Demon's/Dark Souls redux for the fourth time.

Why would you doubt Miyazaki?

Besides that, I see nothing wrong with a more expansive souls. Even just from the screens leaked I can already tell there's much more enemies facing you at once, we know so little about the gameplay that it seems a little early for this kind of response.

#247 Edited by D4RKL1NG (234 posts) -

@D4RKL1NG

Doesn't Work..... Been having problems with gamespot for a while now....

Well I did get the notification that you mentioned me :)

#248 Edited by foxhound_fox (87413 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

After Dark Souls II, I don't think From has the chops to really create anything drastically different anymore.

Whatever this is (regardless of the IP used), it'll be Demon's/Dark Souls redux for the fourth time.

Why would you doubt Miyazaki?

Besides that, I see nothing wrong with a more expansive souls. Even just from the screens leaked I can already tell there's much more enemies facing you at once, we know so little about the gameplay that it seems a little early for this kind of response.

I will remain highly sceptical until I see otherwise. Dark Souls II is a great game, but it's precisely that, another Dark Souls game with very little different about it besides setting, additional equipment and different enemy types. I don't doubt I'll get into it later on, but I must have been burnt out on the first one when going into the second, because I didn't play it for very long before shelving it. It just didn't draw me in like the first one.

Demon's Souls and whatever this is, if exclusive, will draw a lot more hype because it will be a more drastic jump over the first Demon's game, and because cows are incessantly obsessive over exclusivity and ownage.

#249 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (10051 posts) -

@D4RKL1NG

Seriously ? :o

why don't people tell me these things ! :(

#250 Edited by D4RKL1NG (234 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: It works,Don't stress. People probably just thought you were an idiot :p