FromSoftware and Sony working on mystery project (PS4)

#1 Edited by finalstar2007 (25811 posts) -

Take it as a rumor for now but Few leaks have appeared that state Sony and FromSoftware are working on a mystery project on PlayStation 4 rumored to be called "Project Beasts"

Update:

The leaker, describing what he saw, offers the following details:

- Character walked around, fought enemies

- Giant “mindflayer” type enemy

- Character is shown placing a shining magic sword into a pedestal at the base of a statue

- A huge pyromancy fireball

- Shotguns

- There was text “This is a nightmare.”

the following picture was leaked:

more pictures are found in the link:

http://gamingeverything.com/rumor-sony-and-from-software-working-on-project-beast/

More at E3

#2 Edited by flashn00b (3062 posts) -

Demon's Souls 2?

#3 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (15959 posts) -

Tenchu!

Oh god I'd get so wet. It'll probably be related to Demon Souls however :(, which is still great but a new Tenchu would be amazing.

#4 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

It's happening http://i.imgur.com/z0cHPM8.png

#5 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

4 chan leak? Meh. Not sure. But...Demons Souls 2? The streets will drown in jelly if true.

#6 Edited by finalstar2007 (25811 posts) -

@flashn00b said:

Demon's Souls 2?

This picture does seem something like Demon Souls

#8 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (15959 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@flashn00b said:

Demon's Souls 2?

This picture does seem something like Demon Souls

Fog Door? Yep that cements it.

Still not Tenchu/10 :(

#9 Edited by jhonMalcovich (5121 posts) -

Hasn´t been officially announced by FromSoftware that Demons Souls sequel is completely off the table. You are as annoying as the ones who beg for a Shenmue sequel.

#10 Posted by freedomfreak (42757 posts) -

If it's Demons Souls, than they should keep the hub world.

#11 Posted by finalstar2007 (25811 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Something that's bothering me with all the screens that have been "leaked" is that damn mouse cursor on the top right side of every single screen. It seems to be in the same exact position in every single one of them... :S

Your right i just noticed it, wonder what it means but everything looks so legit to be be fake but like any other rumored news its hard to say anything more till the official confirmation.

#12 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (17927 posts) -

Another Bad game being passed off as "difficult" for all the Masochists out there ?

#13 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (15959 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@Desmonic said:

Something that's bothering me with all the screens that have been "leaked" is that damn mouse cursor on the top right side of every single screen. It seems to be in the same exact position in every single one of them... :S

Your right i just noticed it, wonder what it means but everything looks so legit to be be fake but like any other rumored news its hard to say anything more till the official confirmation.

Could be a development build and the screenshot is taken from within the tool set. Maybe it uses a really impressive level editor.

either that or it's a fake.

The screens don't seem fake tho.

#14 Edited by jhonMalcovich (5121 posts) -

Once again, Demon Souls has already a sequel. It´s called Dark Souls. Only idiots cannot grasp it. Whatever it is, it's not Demon Souls 2.

#16 Posted by finalstar2007 (25811 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@Desmonic said:

Could be a development build and the screenshot is taken from within the tool set. Maybe it uses a really impressive level editor.

either that or it's a fake.

Its starting to appear on Gaf too.. seems more and more legit now

this always happens the closer we get to E3, more and more games will slightly start to get leaked out before E3.

#17 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (15959 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

Hasn´t been officially announced by FromSoftware that Demons Souls sequel is completely off the table. You are as annoying as the ones who beg for a Shenmue sequel.

#Beingthisjealous.

#18 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

Demon's Souls 2/spiritual successor has been "confirmed" by a couple of the GAF industry boffins for a while now, whatever that's worth, there was talk of Miyazaki/FS collaborating with Sony Japan Studio again. They better not be talking bullplop. Looks like they weren't.

#19 Posted by Gue1 (11144 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

the word came from Atlus but they have nothing to do with From Software (acquired by Kadokawa) or Demon's Souls, an IP owned by Sony.

#20 Edited by bobbetybob (19297 posts) -
@flashn00b said:

Demon's Souls 2?

Hopefully not. I like the series but it'll get so stale if they make too many of them.

#22 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (15959 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Btw, the Gaf thread right now seems to be taking the word of a poster which "confirmed" it's real. Many of the replies to that post seem to imply that he/she has confirmed legit stuff in the past.

As always, take it with a grain of salt. E3 will tells us more (or not).

E3 better tell me more about last guardian as well!

It's time for Team Ico to ryse from the ashes.

#23 Posted by freedomfreak (42757 posts) -

"- Shotguns"

wat

#24 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (15959 posts) -

Oh gawd damn.

#25 Posted by finalstar2007 (25811 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Btw, the Gaf thread right now seems to be taking the word of a poster which "confirmed" it's real. Many of the replies to that post seem to imply that he/she has confirmed legit stuff in the past.

While i know the Souls franchise is pretty popular this news isnt interesting me as i disliked Demon Souls ( not into games that make you rage ) so hopefully this game is one of many other exclusives to be revealed at E3.

almost a month left till E3!

#26 Edited by Animal-Mother (27135 posts) -

Good god, is Demon Souls coming back?

#27 Edited by Animal-Mother (27135 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

Once again, Demon Souls has already a sequel. It´s called Dark Souls. Only idiots cannot grasp it. Whatever it is, it's not Demon Souls 2.

http://www.destructoid.com/dark-souls-the-spiritual-successor-to-demon-s-souls-192993.phtml
It's a spiritual successor.

http://www.giantbomb.com/spiritual-successor/3015-425/games/

I guess only idiots can't grasp what a sequel actually is.

#28 Posted by finalstar2007 (25811 posts) -
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Oh gawd damn.

Wasnt he the same guy who worked on Demon Souls?

Very interesting i think its seriously great that Sony own the IP that started the Souls popularity and for this IP ( if true ) to be the first next gen Souls game it will make the PS4 even bigger.

#29 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

And the goty Demons Souls jelly is running wild in this thread already.

#30 Posted by 2Chalupas (5256 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:
@flashn00b said:

Demon's Souls 2?

Hopefully not. I like the series but it'll get so stale if they make too many of them.

Agree. Dark Souls might not be a "sequel", but if not it was directly ripped off and inspired from Demon's Souls. So in effect there has been a trilogy.

Although if they made it a proper next gen game, working with Sony 1st party... it could still be awesome. It can't be more of the "same old same old" though.

#32 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (15959 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Oh gawd damn.

Wasnt he the same guy who worked on Demon Souls?

Very interesting i think its seriously great that Sony own the IP that started the Souls popularity and for this IP ( if true ) to be the first next gen Souls game it will make the PS4 even bigger.

It's a parody account, but all signs are pointing towards Demon Souls 2. There were rumors before of Sony funding a new game and it looks like this might be it.

#33 Edited by Giancar (19069 posts) -

Gaf trusted insider knew this long time ago

#34 Edited by finalstar2007 (25811 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Oh gawd damn.

lmfao

#36 Edited by Promised_Trini (3635 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich: Dark Souls is not a sequel to Demon Souls idiot.

#37 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (15959 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@freedomfreak said:

"- Shotguns"

wat

Would probably make for a more balanced game than those goddamn OP lightning bolts in DS2.

Also, pirate zombies? Pirate. F*cking. Zombies. And dogs too :P

I'm thinking it's going to be more Victorian and less medieval.

#38 Edited by BattleSpectre (6802 posts) -

#39 Posted by Promised_Trini (3635 posts) -

@Animal-Mother: I remember over at IGN those jackasses were stating it was a sequel also.

#40 Posted by Animal-Mother (27135 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@freedomfreak said:

"- Shotguns"

wat

Would probably make for a more balanced game than those goddamn OP lightning bolts in DS2.

Also, pirate zombies? Pirate. F*cking. Zombies. And dogs too :P

I'm guessing it's a standalone title though I want Demon Souls 2 it won't be.

I'd love for him to make just another hard as hell game like demon souls.
Guys a genius at whatever he does so this new game is in great hands and i'm sure sony will give him and FS all the support they need.

#41 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (15959 posts) -

@Promised_Trini said:

@Animal-Mother: I remember over at IGN those jackasses were stating it was a sequel also.

Ign is full of mental gymnasts.

#42 Edited by finalstar2007 (25811 posts) -

*Updated OP with more pics so its easier for everyone to see without needing to click the link

#43 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

Is this why you weren't available to work on Dark Souls 2, miyazaki? You were working on the next gen Souls game? The next goty, gen 8 ps4 exclusive DemonsSouls 2 game?

SDC

#44 Posted by Animal-Mother (27135 posts) -

@Promised_Trini said:

Idiots the lot of em.

I know why they do it. But why not take 5 seconds and use the proper terminology?

#45 Edited by HaloinventedFPS (4736 posts) -

Miyakazi said he was working on a light hearted game, this is likely Deathless from Square Enix

#46 Posted by Heil68 (46655 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Yeah I agree what for E3, but one thing for sure, SONY is bringing the games(like always)

#47 Edited by Obviously_Right (5320 posts) -

TLHBO

TSHBO

THHBO

#48 Edited by Daious (1983 posts) -

I might actually be swayed into buying a ps4 if this is really DS2

#49 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

Looks insane. I can feel it.

#50 Edited by Cloud_imperium (5593 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Another Bad game being passed off as "difficult" for all the Masochists out there ?