Freedom Wars (Vita exclusive) gets release date for NA

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

October 28th according to Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JQI471A/ref=pe_945280_122379670_em_1p_0_ti.

This is supposed to be one of the Vita's heavy hitters for the holiday season (it's also a Sony first party game). The other being Tales of Hearts R, which is coming out November 11th. Also, Sword Art Online will be here August 19th and Danganronpa 2 is September 2nd. Also, the indie Vita exclusive Murasaki Baby is expected to be released next month. Those are exclusives only by the way, there's more. What do you think, Vita people?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Did they ever fix it? Lolvita

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Is the one with the ridiculous difficulty spikes that even Japanese players complained about? Hope that gets patched before it gets here. Looking forward to this.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

solid lineup....vita is still gasping apparently lol

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Hope Danganronpa doesn't suck as much as the first one.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

@Blabadon: how could you not like danganronpa? Especially with how amazing the true antagonist was.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@Kaze_no_Mirai: @lostrib: I would think so

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Kaze_no_Mirai: @lostrib: I would think so

although were they smart enough to include it in to the NA release, or do have to wait for a patch here as well

Chocobo_PS2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Chocobo_PS2
Member since 2005 • 81 Posts

I am not sure what you guys talking about, I steamroll Freedom Wars using Barbara 2895 atp and Excalibur 2739 atp both 25 all elemental enchanted ofcourse. Story mode I didn't upgrade weapons until 2nd last code.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Blabadon

@bbkkristian: Holy shit you have awfully low standards if the contrived throwaway true villain is considered amazing to you.

That reveal just left an even more bitter taste than was already left by the rest of the game.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Sony sending another vita game to die. I believe it is launching the same day as assassins creed? Then Sony is going to say there is no AAA market on vita, when it's their fault.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

@Blabadon: I had the same reaction when I found out the VLR mastermind. Except I was a lot less confused in Danganronpa, and it allowed you to realize who it was through its gameplay mechanics rather than tell you through cutscene like VLR.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blabadon

@bbkkristian said:

@Blabadon: I had the same reaction when I found out the VLR mastermind. Except I was a lot less confused in Danganronpa, and it allowed you to realize who it was through its gameplay mechanics rather than tell you through cutscene like VLR.

It was a bullshit throwing the rug out from under the player because the villain they put charisma into (Monakuma) couldn't actually pull that all off.

Not to mention why the villain did what they did was absolutely stupid as shit.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Great news, was looking forward to this game..

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

An intriguing game for sure, but I do hope they fix that difficulty issue. When Japanese people complain about it being too difficult, you know something is wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#16 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I have not exactly heard good things about this game, and more importantly, between Ragnarok Odyssey, Soul Sacrifice, and Toukiden, I have enough monster hunting games on my Vita as it is. I might be passing on this one.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

If this game gets amazing scores from my favorite reviewers across the net, I'm on top of this game.

Something like difficulty doesn't affect me. That doesn't worry me at all, I come from the days when games were HARD and the last decade has yielded nothing but easy games...However, it's vital the game is good for me. It's all about the gameplay.

Speaking of Gameplay, Famitsu gave Freedom Wars a review score of 35/40. Good score.

The difficulty whining reminds me of DMC 3 NON GREATEST HITS version vs. super easy DMC3 GH version. LAME!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#18 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@SolidTy said:

If this game gets amazing scores from my favorite reviewers across the net, I'm on top of this game.

Something like difficulty doesn't affect me. That doesn't worry me at all, but it's all about the gameplay.

The difficulty whining reminds me of DMC 3 NON GREATEST HITS version vs. super easy DMC3 GH version. LAME!

Eh, it isn't exactly like that. This game is just supposed to be outright broken as far as the difficulty curve goes (well, that, and it's generally buggy and glitchy, which further add to the frustrations). It was so bad that its sales actually contracted dramatically after the first week due to poor word of mouth, and Sony was forced to acknowledge those issues and promise a patch.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

@SolidTy said:

Something like difficulty doesn't affect me. That doesn't worry me at all, I come from the days when games were HARD and the last decade has yielded nothing but easy games...However, it's vital the game is good for me. It's all about the gameplay.

Speaking of Gameplay, Famitsu gave Freedom Wars a review score of 35/40. Good score.

Eh, it isn't exactly like that. This game is just supposed to be outright broken as far as the difficulty curve goes (well, that, and it's generally buggy and glitchy, which further add to the frustrations). It was so bad that its sales actually contracted dramatically after the first week due to poor word of mouth, and Sony was forced to acknowledge those issues and promise a patch.

Hmmm...that seems pretty anecdotal. I'd have to read that from a trusted source, there's too many people out there these days posting with spin. There are reviewers I've read for years and I look forward to their reviews of the western copies of this game. I didn't read about buggy and glitchy (but I did read about difficulty spike) and whatever but I know everyone has their own story to tell with their games in Japan. Just in U.S., I don't trust randoms until I try for myself. I don't completely doubt it's validity, but I am naturally a skeptic with movies, news, music, TV shows, books, games, etc. Too many times over the great many years I've been a gamer I've been told XYZ sux! and ABC is AWESOME only to find out that both are good but not great. I would need to see sample sizes and data and interview people to buy into this and that's too much work considering the western release is probably the patched version anyways.

I guess we'll see how Freedom Wars does when it releases in the west.

I know Famitsu gave Freedom Wars a review score of 35/40 for whatever that's worth.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Man, I can't help but wonder if this is the last retail exclusive we'll see for the Vita over here?

Good news: I need to pick up quite a few Vita titles, and can get them cheaper then normal, most likely.

Bad news: Probably not much in terms of new games to buy on the horizon for Vita.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SolidGame_basic

@SolidTy: very true. I learn to take a lot of things with a grain of salt

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

wow we are getting a port for once. Im still waiting for hatsune miku project diva f 2 its been out for over a year in japan

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SolidGame_basic

@osirisx3 said:

wow we are getting a port for once. Im still waiting for hatsune miku project diva f 2 its been out for over a year in japan

a port?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SolidGame_basic

IGN has confirmed this along with price and preorder bonuses. Also, those in the EU will now be able to get a physical copy.http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/19/freedom-wars-on-vita-western-release-date-pre-order-bonuses?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Chocobo_PS2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Chocobo_PS2
Member since 2005 • 81 Posts

They need fix the droprate. Running daily mission 302. 306 and 8-2, Red Rage refuse to drop rare item of the broken cagebird. It's worse than any Monster Hunter drop as far the speed killing we got. At the same time I am getting bunch of field goodies from 103/102 that required upgrade level 6 to 7 and 9 to 10 from green camo type that supposed to be nerfed.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

lolvita