Free Wii U game if you buy Mario Kart 8

• 51 results
Edited 5 months, 20 days ago

Poll: Free Wii U game if you buy Mario Kart 8 (30 votes)

Nintendo Land 0%
New Super Mario Bros. U 7%
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 7%
Game & Wario 0%
Pikmin 3 20%
The Wonderful 101 7%
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD 50%
Sonic Lost World 10%
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games 0%
Wii Party U 0%

If you buying Mario Kart 8 or buying Wii U bundle, then you get free Wii U game.

Only 1 game out of 10.

I guess Nintendo has only 1 multiplayer game and they want to keep it updated and online because it would be such a fail when people buy Mario Kart 8 but nobody is playing online, or if they are then there are no players.

So i guess Nintendo is trying to do anything to sell Wii U and Mario Kart 8.

Which one of those games you would pick free? (POLL)

#1 Posted by Heil68 (43921 posts) -

You got 1 of 4 games

Super Mario U

Zelda Wind Walker

WiiU Party

Pikmin 3

#2 Edited by MonsieurX (29966 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

You got 1 of 4 games

Super Mario U

Zelda Wind Walker

WiiU Party

Pikmin 3

This.

OP,you're drunk

#3 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (7396 posts) -

Nintendo is desperate confirmed.

#4 Posted by _Matt_ (8903 posts) -

Is this offer available in UK as well?

#5 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7125 posts) -

I'm probably going to pick Wind Waker. I'm also interested in the Sonic game, but I think I would rather get the physical version so I can resell if the somewhat likely happens and the game is awful.

#6 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5388 posts) -

Nintendo is desperate confirmed.

Does it matter? A good deal is a good deal.

#7 Edited by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

If the wii u was cheaper, i would get one.. Alas, it is not.

#8 Posted by Shewgenja (8749 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

You got 1 of 4 games

Super Mario U

Zelda Wind Walker

WiiU Party

Pikmin 3

Oh, I guess if I couldn't get Monster Hunter, I would get Super Mario U.

#9 Edited by Speak_Low (1009 posts) -
@_Matt_ said:

It is.

NA gets 1 of 4 games.

Europe gets a choice from 10. The reason being the sales are the lowest there, and Nintendo of Europe is desperate to move consoles

#10 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2325 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

It is.

NA gets 1 of 4 games.

Europe gets a choice from 10. The reason being the sales are the lowest there, and Nintendo of Europe is desperate to move consoles

Good for Europe, good for me :)

#11 Posted by ocidax (761 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p: Sony give a free game. "Sony is so cool". Nintendo give a free game "Nintendo is desperate", Stupid fanboys.

#12 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7125 posts) -

@ocidax said:

@speedfreak48t5p: Sony give a free game. "Sony is so cool". Nintendo give a free game "Nintendo is desperate", Stupid fanboys.

Nintendo isn't giving away a free game here. You have to buy Mario Kart 8 to get it. Sony did give away free downloadable games on the PS3 a few years ago, but honestly, they needed to after their online service was down for a whole month.

#13 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26482 posts) -

@ocidax said:

Yep... ugh!

#14 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16427 posts) -

This is great. I was already planning to buy Mario Kart 8 and now I'll get an extra game for free.

Already own Pikmin, Mario and Zelda so the other game I would want is Wonderful 101.

#15 Edited by freedomfreak (39963 posts) -

And here I was planning on buying Pikmin 3.

This is wonderful. My WiiU's gonna get some attention May 30th.

#16 Posted by _Matt_ (8903 posts) -

@speak_low said:
@_Matt_ said:

It is.

NA gets 1 of 4 games.

Huzzah! So tempted to grab a Wii U Mario Kart bundle.

#17 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2953 posts) -

Wind Waker HD it is. I don't really care about Wii U Party and I own the other 2. Sweet deal though.

#18 Posted by joehult (365 posts) -

Drop the free game, drop the controller, and drop the price 150, and maybe then I will try to find an empty hdmi slot on one of my TVs for this system.

#19 Edited by yokofox33 (29501 posts) -

I'm forced to go with Wii Party U. I have the other 3 games already. I won't complain too much since they didn't really have to do this promotion.

#20 Posted by ocidax (761 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000: You are buying the Mario Kart 8 game. So, the other game is free.

#21 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25136 posts) -

Oh I thought there was a better selection. Since I already have 3/4 I have to get WiiU Party to participate in this deal.

#22 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26482 posts) -

@joehult said:

Drop the free game, drop the controller, and drop the price 150, and maybe then I will try to find an empty hdmi slot on one of my TVs for this system.

What? O_O

#23 Posted by Heil68 (43921 posts) -

Either that or Wind Walker for me.

#24 Posted by ocidax (761 posts) -

@joehult: Looks like you are not going to play Mario Kart 8 for a while. For me, is a excellent deal.

#25 Posted by Netret0120 (2081 posts) -

Wind walker or wii party. I can easily resell it so i can buy a new PS game.

#26 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7125 posts) -

You will have to resell the game as used, though. The Club Nintendo code will be inside the case.

#27 Edited by Chutebox (36969 posts) -

This through all retailers?

#28 Posted by ocidax (761 posts) -

@Chutebox: Yes. You only have to register the game on the Nintendo club. And receive the code of the game selected.

#29 Edited by Zassimick (6431 posts) -
@Chutebox said:

This through all retailers?

It's through Club Nintendo. EDIT: Sorry, if you meant is this only with digital copies of MK8, or if it's only with Best Buy and not Gamestop or something like that, I mistook your question and gave you an overly long explanation that you didn't need. :P

I'm sure you know this, but in case you or others don't, all Nintendo games now come with a code that you can use to register to your Club Nintendo account. These codes grant you points which you can spend on a selection of four games every month or some Nintendo memorabilia. But for Mario Kart 8, when you purchase the game and register the Club Nintendo code that comes with the game within the time frame, you will be eligible for a free digital copy of one of the four (or ten in Europe) games. It's not through a retailer, you'll have to download the game at home after registering Mario Kart 8.

Gotta say, very nice promotion. I already have Wind Waker HD and NSMBU, so I'll do my research to see if Wii Party U should even remotely be considered (probably not, because if I have people over we are so Kart'ng it up.) I'll most likely go with Pikmin 3 which I am very happy about.

#30 Edited by m_machine024 (14902 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

This is great. I was already planning to buy Mario Kart 8 and now I'll get an extra game for free.

Already own Pikmin, Mario and Zelda so the other game I would want is Wonderful 101.

It's the game I'd pick if I had the choice in the NA bundle. :(

#31 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3761 posts) -

I think I am going to buy a Wii U when this bundle arrives and grab me Wind Waker for free... :D

@Heil68 said:

@freedomfreak said:

Either that or Wind Walker for me.

ITS WIND WAKER FFS!

#32 Posted by DaBrainz (7634 posts) -

Nintendo needs to advertise the crap out of this.

#33 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

@joehult said:

Keep all of that but drop the price to $150 like you say and then I might get one.

#34 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16427 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

It's the game I'd pick if I had the choice in the NA bundle. :(

You mean the bundle doesn't get a free game ?

If that is the case, perhaps it's better to get a WiiU bundle on the cheap and buy Mario Kart separately.

Sweet multiplayer action. Both local and online.

We should definitely play with/against eachother sometime ;)

#35 Posted by ocidax (761 posts) -

@DaBrainz: Looks like they are going to do it. Actually they announced, a whole year of marketing campaign for this game ($$$).

#36 Edited by charizard1605 (56816 posts) -

Wow, that's an amazing deal!

Might look into either New Super Mario or Pikmin 3.

#37 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7125 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: The bundle gets the free game, too. The Wonderful 101 is not on the list of games available in North America, though.

#38 Posted by MonsieurX (29966 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@speak_low said:
@_Matt_ said:

It is.

NA gets 1 of 4 games.

You have 30 days to make 200 pounds.

#39 Edited by _Matt_ (8903 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@speak_low said:
@_Matt_ said:

It is.

NA gets 1 of 4 games.

250 pounds actually ... ($420)

I have the money in my emergency savings... but they are meant for next year when I will be working full time with no wage, and may not be able to get a second job.

#40 Posted by MonsieurX (29966 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@MonsieurX said:

@_Matt_ said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@speak_low said:
@_Matt_ said:

It is.

NA gets 1 of 4 games.

I have the money in my emergency savings... but they are meant for next year when I will be working full time with no wage, and may not be able to get a second job.

Playing MK8 and Pikmin 3 is an emergency.

#41 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16427 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000: Oh like that. Good thing EU is getting it, because the other interesting games like Super Mario, Zelda an Pikmin, I have already.

I would definitely recommend those to people who are planning to get the Wii U bundle.

#42 Posted by _Matt_ (8903 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@MonsieurX said:

@_Matt_ said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@speak_low said:
@_Matt_ said:

It is.

NA gets 1 of 4 games.

Playing MK8 and Pikmin 3 is an emergency.

hmm... compelling... but this time not compelling an argument enough.

#43 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

Not bad.

#44 Edited by 2Chalupas (5040 posts) -

A better deal would be free Wii-U if you buy Mario Kart 8.

#45 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2568 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

You got 1 of 4 games

Super Mario U

Zelda Wind Walker

WiiU Party

Pikmin 3

This.

OP,you're drunk

Actually, a bunch of game sites were reporting this earlier today. I'm kind of bummed. I wanted Wonderful 101.

#46 Edited by nini200 (9677 posts) -

And here I am preordering Mario Kart 8 yesterday. Holy frick nuggets this is great!

I guess my choice is between Wind Waker and Pikmin. I would get Wii Party U but I just don't know enough about it.

#47 Edited by Pffrbt (6553 posts) -

I'm probably going to pick Wind Waker. I'm also interested in the Sonic game, but I think I would rather get the physical version so I can resell if the somewhat likely happens and the game is awful.

The game is so incredibly lifeless and bland you're better off not bothering with it period.

#48 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3534 posts) -

Nintendo is just so nice.

#49 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7125 posts) -

@joehult said:

$360 will get you a Wii U, NSMBU, NSLBU, Mario Kart 8, and Pikmin 3. If you subtract off what those games are selling for on Amazon (about $25 less than MSRP in total), you are basically only paying $175 for the Wii U. If you aren't interested in those games, then you probably shouldn't purchase the Wii regardless of price. Like not even for $10.

#50 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11695 posts) -

If I got one, it'd be Pikmin 3.