Free! Free! Free! MS...stop it man...too much!!(Forza 5)

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@joel_c17 said:

*tumbleweeds* i dont think anyone cares bro.

kind of like when you brought home your report card as a kid lol.

but no, good Xbox news dies fast on here. thats how this place goes...even people who compliment MS they do it in a backhanded sort of way. shrug...i go more about thread views than post counts anyway ;)

I don't know that I'd call this "good news" per se. Decent, maybe. I mean, seriously, a new Civic Si, an old Civic hatch, and an old Accord (or is that a Preulde) passes as "good" news?

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#52 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Thanks for posting this, I didn't know about it so much appreciated. I went and downloaded this right away. I like Honda's so this is very cool. I will have to get that crx in the game as I used to own one, a very very fun car to drive, a death trap though haha.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@sailor232 you're welcome.

@bforrester420 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@joel_c17 said:

but no, good Xbox news dies fast on here. thats how this place goes...even people who compliment MS they do it in a backhanded sort of way. shrug...i go more about thread views than post counts anyway ;)

I don't know that I'd call this "good news" per se. Decent, maybe. I mean, seriously, a new Civic Si, an old Civic hatch, and an old Accord (or is that a Preulde) passes as "good" news?

whats your point...? cows make threads about PSN+ having a FN sale but you feel righteous coming to me trying to downplay MS giving away free dlc?? what are you trying to prop up here...that lems shouldnt post any news at all and if they do they're not allowed to enjoy it, or think its good? because i never once saw you come to try and pull the reigns of cows and their nonsense threads...

you cant see how silly and petty you are coming with your post?

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

how lame. I came in here thinking maybe the game or some version of it was free. Then again, I guess this is a big deal for an Xbox gamer who has forgotten what things were like almost a decade ago when it came to free DLC.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By tymeservesfate

@handssss: why would they give the game away free a few months after release O_o?? smh

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@handssss: why would they give the game away free a few months after release O_o?? smh

Because it's that riddled with microtransactions it might as well be free to play...

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By tymeservesfate

@hoosier7 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

Because it's that riddled with microtransactions it might as well be free to play...

ur a drunken fool if you even begin to believe that lol. you can play the whole game without spending a dime. the micro-transactions in Forza don't give you an advantage over anyone or thing in any way in the game. even more so after the update the game got. that makes every micro-transaction in the game is completely optional and a needless luxury. if what you said was true then they would help the player progress in the game some kind of way, they don't.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@hoosier7 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

ur a drunken fool if you even begin to believe that lol. you can play the whole game without spending a dime. the micro-transactions in Forza don't give you an advantage over anyone or thing in any way in the game. even more so after the update the game got. that makes every micro-transaction in the game is completely optional and a needless luxury. if what you said was true then they would help the player progress in the game some kind of way, they don't.

i'm sure buying the best and fastest cars with regular money as dlc doesn't give any advantage amirite?

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 tymeservesfate

@Krelian-co said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@hoosier7 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

i'm sure buying the best and fastest cars with regular money as dlc doesn't give any advantage amirite?

i've never brought a Forza game but i have played them. and you don't know how Forza games work, at all. so give it a rest please.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Krelian-co

@tymeservesfate said:

@Krelian-co said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@hoosier7 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

i've never brought a Forza game but i have played them. and you don't know how Forza games work, at all. so give it a rest please.

no no explain then, because as always you are talking nonsense, so how about instead giving an explanation that isn't complete and utter bs?

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

...sees title, "Honda legends pack" looks at info.... no 2000 SI civic or the holy grail of Hondafandom, the Honda Civic EG... or CRX SIR, or late model prelude... but i give them credit, they do have the cool mugen CRX, nice. others...meh. prelude is cool though, with it's crazy all wheel steering system. 2014 SI, not cool, should have kept the old K20 unit, yea it has slightly more torque but the red line is now 7000 rather then 9000 rpm...lost all it's fun.

The CRX feels like a damn shifter kart, it's crazy light. it was also a one example showcase car for mugen...shame

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

You should thank Honda.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Krelian-co

@Krelian-co said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Krelian-co said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@hoosier7 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

no no explain then, because as always you are talking nonsense, so how about instead giving an explanation that isn't complete and utter bs?

still waiting a reply that isn't an evasion or complete bs.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

BFD....dude if that gets you excited then I guess you like socks and underwear for gifts.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@sailor232 you're welcome.

@bforrester420 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@joel_c17 said:

whats your point...? cows make threads about PSN+ having a FN sale but you feel righteous coming to me trying to downplay MS giving away free dlc?? what are you trying to prop up here...that lems shouldnt post any news at all and if they do they're not allowed to enjoy it, or think its good? because i never once saw you come to try and pull the reigns of cows and their nonsense threads...

you cant see how silly and petty you are coming with your post?

I make the same comments in cow threads as well. What's your point?

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Your title is misleading and incorrect. Forza 5 is not free. The Honda legends pack is free which requires the purchase of forza 5.

Fanboys are kind of sad how they have to bend the truth and mislead people in order to make their fanboy system of choice seem like its just so awesome.

dvalo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 dvalo9
Member since 2010 • 1301 Posts

Oh damn and all i got this month was bioshock infinate, metro last light and outlast..damn sony get on ms's level

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#68 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

really those cars?

1992 integra

1986-1990 ef5

1990 ef-9 hatchback

1993- eg6

1996 dc2

these are the cars they should have brought as a honda pack.

and yes some people do care about honda cars.

i see far too many people cry that they want a ferrari or a lambo in a racing game, but see them crash all the time and take ridiculous lines

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

Microsoft and their charitable ways. TCHBO.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 tymeservesfate

@Krelian-co said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Krelian-co said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@hoosier7 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

talking nonsense...when have you seen me talk nonsense? everything i post i usually re-enforce with a link? so how is anything i say nonsense when an actual article re-enforces it? give me some examples of the nonsense i seem to spew...please!

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By tymeservesfate

@dvalo9: this is a next gen thread...you can take that spin to my World of Tanks thread though.

@bforrester420: never seen you do that once. but this is the second thread i've made you've came in crying about. so i'm pretty sure in the conclusion i came up with.

@Gargus said:

Your title is misleading and incorrect. Forza 5 is not free. The Honda legends pack is free which requires the purchase of forza 5.

Fanboys are kind of sad how they have to bend the truth and mislead people in order to make their fanboy system of choice seem like its just so awesome.

i put Forza 5 in parenthesis...is english your first or second language? how can you not know what parenthesis mean to a sentence? it being in those separates it from the title all together...making it stand on its own.

pa·ren·the·sis-

a word, clause, or sentence inserted as an explanation or afterthought into a passage that is grammatically complete without it, in writing usually marked off by curved brackets, dashes, or commas.

since the thread titles can only be 60 characters long now i could only put Forza 5, as in to show the thread is related to it. once you open the thread and read it its obvious its about the DLC from the link i posted to the FUCKING YOUTUBE video i put in the opening post. there was no misleading at all friend...besides, why the hell would MS give Forza away for free 3 months after it releases, smh?? its actually a good game and exclusive...unlike Knack or Killzone. meaning...u should never have thought that to begin with.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts
@kuu2 said:

Most innovative fighter in KI.

Nein.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@kuu2 said:

Nein.

Ja.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X

@kuu2 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@kuu2 said:

Nein.

Ja.

It is not an innovative fighting game. It's good, but it's just that.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

Honda Legends pack free to download on Microsoft Xbox Tha One. when does DriveClub come out...did it get pushed back to the end of 2014...or something?

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm5_honda_legends_car_pack

Loading Video...

I told Cows that Turn 10 have been giving out FREE Cars since the game launched. But..but..the $50 season pass for DLC. lmao!! I've gotten over 15 additional cars that weren't even part of the Season Pass. Has Polyphony given any free cars for GT6? Considering you have to pay much more then $50 just to buy the millions in play money just to get one car in that game.

@xboxdone74 said:

Wow....that's.....terrible.

No, your comment is terrible troll.

@dvalo9 said:

@tymeservesfate: ok * ding ding* next gen lets go. I recieved outlast last night and dont starve two weeks before that...but i guess two full games dont compare to a honda pack for a game you already purchased

I got those, as well as Dead Island. What's that have to do with DLC for one game though? lol!! What you're talking about is completely irrelevant to this. This is free DLC, not a full game dumbass.

dvalo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 dvalo9
Member since 2010 • 1301 Posts

@tymeservesfate: ok * ding ding* next gen lets go. I recieved outlast last night and dont starve two weeks before that...but i guess two full games dont compare to a honda pack for a game you already purchased

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 kuu2
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@kuu2 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@kuu2 said:

Nein.

Ja.

The Dojo alone is one of the best innovations I have seen in a fighter.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By blackace
@I_can_haz said:

LOL, lems are so hungry for content in Flopza Microtransactions 5. Even shit content like this gets them excited.

You don't know the difference between Microtransactions and DLC do you? LOL!! Another clueless Cow with nothing intelligent to say. Dude, just keep your mouth shut, because every time you open it, you embarrass yourself again and again.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 tymeservesfate

@dvalo9 said:

seems like @blackace handle you accordingly so i'll uh...i'll go...i'll go, this way, yea....um yea...bye.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Krelian-co

@tymeservesfate said:

@Krelian-co said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Krelian-co said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@hoosier7 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

talking nonsense...when have you seen me talk nonsense? everything i post i usually re-enforce with a link? so how is anything i say nonsense when an actual article re-enforces it? give me some examples of the nonsense i seem to spew...please!

waiting for the excuse you are going to make about how selling faster and better cars is not giving players advantage.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 tymeservesfate

@Krelian-co: yea, the conversation is going a different way after that BS you said. i want to see what you're even talking about. what "nonsense" do i talk...lets see some examples of my "nonsense". if you feel like i'm on this board BSing people let me see whatever points i made taht were blatantly wrong or made up and i'll reaffirm them to you and will give you the break down of how Forza works after. links or quotes whatever works for you, but either way lets have it. this way we both get what we want and you just abandon the thread run for dodge after i shut you ass up again. because you are obviously wrong and have no clue what your talking about.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Krelian-co

@tymeservesfate said:

@Krelian-co: yea, the conversation is going a different way after that BS you said. i want to see what you're even talking about. what "nonsense" do i talk...lets see some examples of my "nonsense". if you feel like i'm on this board BSing people let me see whatever points i made taht were blatantly wrong or made up and i'll reaffirm them to you and will give you the break down of how Forza works after. links or quotes whatever works for you, but either way lets have it. this way we both get what we want and you just abandon the thread run for dodge after i shut you ass up again. because you are obviously wrong and have no clue what your talking about.

still evading and not answering, thanks for proving how much bs you talk.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 tymeservesfate

@Krelian-co said:

@tymeservesfate said:

wtf fam, i said i'll answer the question along with answering the examples i asked you to get for me. what, you want me to do for you while showing you arent willing to return the favor for me?? i hope you're joking or just can't find any legitimate examples so ur using that answer to try and get out the convo.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Krelian-co

@tymeservesfate said:

@Krelian-co said:

@tymeservesfate said:

wtf fam, i said i'll answer the question along with answering the examples i asked you to get for me. what, you want me to do for you while showing you arent willing to return the favor for me?? i hope you're joking or just can't find any legitimate examples so ur using that answer to try and get out the convo.

hey it's alright to just accept you talk bs and can't prove anything you say

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 tymeservesfate

@Krelian-co:

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 X_CAPCOM_X

@kuu2 said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@kuu2 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@kuu2 said:

Nein.

Ja.

This must be one of the first fighting games you looked into-- There are trials in many other older fighting games.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Krelian-co

@tymeservesfate said:

@Krelian-co:

evasives, bs and now gifs only to avoid answering a simple question because you know you are wrong, lol.

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

Just popping in here to clear up some misconceptions about Forza 5's economy, tokens & DLC from someone who has been playing it since launch. Take it for what it is worth.

The economy was really, really jacked up at first. It took too long to make credits in game and with no reward cars people were upset about how long it would take to unlock the expensive cars (5 million credits if I recall).

Turn 10 stepped in almost immediately. The "Forza Rewards" were increased to an unheard of amount and the cars were offered at half off in game credits. Shortly after that the level up credit bonus was doubled and the price of cars was adjusted (expensive cars lowered). All of this was great and put me in a good spot where I had already bought nearly every car I wanted in the game, but I was a long time Forza player earning the maximum rewards. Someone coming into the series today as a brand new player would not have credits flowing as freely as I do.

The tokens that can be bought to buy cars in game instead of earning credits could be used as a shortcut, but only for those with more money than sense (the tokens required scaled with the value of the cars...don't quote me on this but I think it is about $25 worth of tokens for most expensive cars). It isn't like a shooter or RPG where you have an advantage with better weapons. When you get an F1 car the only thing that changes is you have access to the F1 racing series in the career. The kicker here though is that the F1 series pays out exactly the same as all the other series in the game. The car itself doesn't help you. There is no "end game" that you reach by unlocking the fastest cars.

The DLC is just more cars. Again there is no advantage to owning it (in fact unless Turn 10 decides to "gift" people one of the cars, you have to buy the cars again in game with credits AFTER you paid real money for them).

I've not bought any DLC cars or tokens, nor do I plan on doing so. Also there's a credit glitch at the moment that pretty much makes all token/microtransaction complaints null and void. You can earn over 2 million per hour using it.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By blackace

@tymeservesfate said:

@Krelian-co:

Krelian-co: is one of the biggest trolls on here. .

He's questioning the DLC of these cars. Saying that some of them are faster or better, which give gamers an advantage, which isn't even the case. There are cars in every Category from D to S (D, C, B, A, S) and all the cars can be modified to be faster or have better handling. The DLC doesn't give anymore a better car over what's already comes on the disk. Anyone who has played the game would know this.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@hoosier7 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

The fact that the devs had to change the values of the cars a week or two after launch speaks volumes about this.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 kuu2

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@kuu2 said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@kuu2 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@kuu2 said:

Nein.

Ja.

This must be one of the first fighting games you looked into-- There are trials in many other older fighting games.

Nope, but the explinations of moves, hit boxes, zoning, counters, linkers, auots, and any detail of fighting is the most robust in any fight game I have seen and I have played my fair share.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 blackace

@clyde46 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@hoosier7 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

The fact that the devs had to change the values of the cars a week or two after launch speaks volumes about this.

I wish they hadn't. All that did was make it easier for gamers to buy the better cars faster. The cars you get from the DLC aren't even unlocked. You still have to earn them in the game. You don't get those cars in your garage. You have to earn enough credits to buy them. Like I said, no real advantage for anyone. There isn't any microtransactions. There is a difference between DLC and Microtransactions. I think there are gamers on here who don't know the difference.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

I ain't one to complain about free content but I honestly couldn't see myself taking the time to even bother downloading those cars on to my harddrive :/

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@Krelian-co: Buying the fastest cars does not earn you an advantage at all. Purchasing a simple hatchback is just as important as buying a Lambo in this game. You have to use all categories of cars in this game, in which ever order you choose.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

well obviously they wouldn't. It's Microsoft afterall. The amount of launch day DLC and microtransactions they stuffed into their games shows what matters most to them. I mean, Forza 5 launches with less content and features than the first Forza game for the original Xbox. Until there was massive backlash, they were seriously going to sell consumers a game that couldn't even be played at all without downloading the patch they made for it which completes the game.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#96  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@kuu2 said:

The One, the gift that keeps on giving!

Most fun game in DR3.

Best racing game in Forza.

MaxTCB awesome next gen platformer.

Now this................man we are lucky.

Yeah we got PS3 got metro LL and PS4 got outlast......

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By tymeservesfate

@clyde46 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@hoosier7 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

yes, but they did change their prices. did Sony change the values on Gran Turismo 6's micro-transactions or are they still high with Sony hoping someone bites. i saw one example of a car on there costing a $100. AFTER i heard about Deep Down making some parts of their games require micro-transactions to progress in it.

MS gets no credit for lowering their Micro-transactions for the consumer sake but people are suppose to ignore Gran Turismo 6 STILL being sky high with theirs? MS consistently listens to its consumers instead of just blowing smoke up their asses like Sony does. yet they get slammed by people on here who then run to Sony. who then blatantly put you through bad policies, flip flops, shallow/stripped down hardware with no real vision, a few good games, and just bad business. its hilarious XD

jsolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 jsolidus
Member since 2011 • 171 Posts

doesn't surprise me that lems find this to be great...its cool if you have already have forza but nothing to gloat about..but then again lems were happy about the 25 cents M$ gave them..

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@jsolidus said:

doesn't surprise me that lems find this to be great...its cool if you have already have forza but nothing to gloat about..but then again lems were happy about the 25 cents M$ gave them..

I agree that its coolbut nothing to gloat about. Turn 10 gives out high end cars AND currency frequently.