Frame rates and how they are rated.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by scatteh316 (4830 posts) -

Getting of all the console boys claiming 60fps on console!!1111!!!

Let me explain, I play all of my games on my PC at 2560x1440 with V-sync 60fps and they never ever ever dips below 60fps.

Thus my games are 60fps games....

You silly consolites can not take a game that runs between 30-40fps with the odd spike to 60fps and then call it a 60fps game.

If that's the case I can get Crysis 3 to 120fps and call it an 120fps game.

The ONLY way to play games at 60fps in on PC.

So please stop claiming a game is 60fps when it clearly isn't.

#2 Edited by lglz1337 (3124 posts) -

look a hermit trying to justify his 2000$ machine

nobody cares about bottlenecked slow pci-e virus set-ups

you hermits don't seem to understand that every game can run @60fps if a dev wish to do so. the only way for you to hit 120fps on crysis is upgrading your pc, 5 years ago it was a slide show

#3 Posted by freedomfreak (39059 posts) -

Another hermit out to prove something.

Nobody cares.

#4 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16759 posts) -

fanboys need at least 5000 posts to make a topic

#5 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15909 posts) -

30fps minimums are playable enough to me. Achieving 60fps doesn't concern me too much.

On the other hand, latency does matter quite a bit and it doesn't care if the framerates are 30fps or 260fps. Either way, the game motion will be jerky. Latency problems are also a pain to diagnose. Good thing it hasn't happened too often to me.

Another strange thing is latency problems seem to occur the most when the framerates are really high.

#6 Posted by Blabadon (25894 posts) -
#7 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6130 posts) -

Oh Hermits.

#8 Posted by scatteh316 (4830 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

look a hermit trying to justify his 2000$ machine

nobody cares about bottlenecked slow pci-e virus set-ups

you hermits don't seem to understand that every game can run @60fps if a dev wish to do so. the only way for you to hit 120fps on crysis is upgrading your pc, 5 years ago it was a slide show

1. No where near $2k

2. PCI-E is a bottleneck? Funny I can play games far and above what consoles can do, so it must really be holding me back

3. Crysis 3 wasn't out 5 years ago, reading and comprehension, good skills to have.

#9 Edited by _Matt_ (8863 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:

@lglz1337 said:

look a hermit trying to justify his 2000$ machine

nobody cares about bottlenecked slow pci-e virus set-ups

you hermits don't seem to understand that every game can run @60fps if a dev wish to do so. the only way for you to hit 120fps on crysis is upgrading your pc, 5 years ago it was a slide show

1. No where near $2k

2. PCI-E is a bottleneck? Funny I can play games far and above what consoles can do, so it must really be holding me back

3. Crysis 3 wasn't out 5 years ago, reading and comprehension, good skills to have.

Stop making true hermits look bad.

What are your system specs then please tell for it to be 'no where near $2k' and to be able to play ALL games at 1440 without any dips whatsoever below 60fps...? Unless you are not maxing the games out?

#10 Edited by lglz1337 (3124 posts) -

@scatteh316: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/crysis_3_graphics_performance_review_benchmark,6.html

titan runs it max 90fps and that card alone cost 1000$ and you say you run crysis 3 @120fps... busted you lie

#11 Posted by scatteh316 (4830 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@scatteh316: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/crysis_3_graphics_performance_review_benchmark,6.html

titan runs it max 90fps and that card alone cost 1000$ and you say you run crysis 3 @120fps... busted you lie

And you're a retard for not reading properly.... Did I say it runs at 120fps constantly? No.... learn to read....

#12 Edited by lglz1337 (3124 posts) -

@scatteh316: you can't even hit 120fps unless you go ultra low

http://www.dvmedia.co.uk/ghazi_abbas/pcg.html

you is lies mods plz lock

#13 Posted by Wasdie (49608 posts) -

That's great you've got a powerful computer and all, but this isn't the place to brag about it. Please put some thought into your posts before you make them. Unless there is something to discuss, it doesn't belong here.