Forza vs GT 4 graphics - final opinion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dimar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dimar19
Member since 2006 • 4608 Posts
So cows, after playing GT 4 for two weeks I decided to put Forza, that I played one year ago on my X360, and compare graphics.

I droped my jaw - this is just overkill. From models and reflections to environment and lighting Forza totally destroy GT 4 graphically. So just go and see the game, talking about Gt 4 looks even same as Forza sounds a bit laughable.
meischris39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#2 meischris39
Member since 2004 • 5432 Posts
Why wouldn't it kill it theres so much wrong with your statement. GT4 always looked worse the Xbox 1 was so much more powerful than the PS2 thats just fact so i reall don't see how this will factor into the next gen. Secondly considering you played it on a 360 if you've got a hdtv it upscans the games into high definition so there bound to look better.
dimar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dimar19
Secondly considering you played it on a 360 if you've got a hdtv it upscans the games into high definition so there bound to look better.meischris39

Forza looks pretty good on Xbox too. One of this several old games that doesn't gain too much from Xbox 360.
dragonsack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 dragonsack
Member since 2007 • 210 Posts
i dont see anything wrong with gt4 it's a great looking game and you can see that if you look at the ign reviews... i dont know how they push that game to run at 60 fps and at 1080i. to put that game down you just killed all of the racing game out there!!!
dimar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dimar19
i dont see anything wrong with gt4 it's a great looking game and you can see that if you look at the ign reviews... i dont know how they push that game to run at 60 fps and at 1080i. to put that game down you just killed all of the racing game out there!!!dragonsack

Compare to Forza the graphics looks just outdated.

Still pretty good game though, I have a lot of fun.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

Nah. In my opinion, Gran Turismo looks far better from a realism stand point. Sure, Forza may boast more polygons, effects, a better framerate etc. but all in all it looks far too pseudo-realistic to compete. Gran Turismo 4 on the other hand looks nigh on photo realistic at times. Plus GT4 wins where it counts - car selection and courses.

dragonsack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dragonsack
well you have to think about when gt4 was out and when forza was out and if you look at the score on gamespot which it got a 8,10for graphic,9,9,9 and forza got a 10for gameplay,9,8,9,9. i would say that they are about the same thing and if you add boths of them up it should have a 9 but some how it got a forza after adding up all the score it got a 9.2 and GT4 got a score of 8.9 i dont know y???
proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 proof11102
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts

Nah. In my opinion, Gran Turismo looks far better from a realism stand point. Sure, Forza may boast ...a better framerate etc. but all in all it looks far too pseudo-realistic to compete. Gran Turismo 4 on the other hand looks nigh on photo realistic at times. Plus GT4 wins where it counts - car selection and courses.

-Spock-

:| Forza = 30 Fps...GT4 = 60Fps.  So no,  that's one of the reasons that Forza is unplayable as a simulator IMO.

-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts
[QUOTE="-Spock-"]

Nah. In my opinion, Gran Turismo looks far better from a realism stand point. Sure, Forza may boast ...a better framerate etc. but all in all it looks far too pseudo-realistic to compete. Gran Turismo 4 on the other hand looks nigh on photo realistic at times. Plus GT4 wins where it counts - car selection and courses.

proof11102

:| Forza = 30 Fps...GT4 = 60Fps.  So no,  that's one of the reasons that Forza is unplayable as a simulator IMO.

Um, okay.

Gran Turismo is better, so I do actually agree with you dude. :wink:

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts
funny cause in both the ign and gamespot reviews they said gt4 looked better... who do i trust a fanboy or a professional reviewers?
dimar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dimar19
Nah. In my opinion, Gran Turismo looks far better from a realism stand point. Sure, Forza may boast more polygons, effects, a better framerate etc. but all in all it looks far too pseudo-realistic to compete. Gran Turismo 4 on the other hand looks nigh on photo realistic at times. Plus GT4 wins where it counts - car selection and courses.

-Spock-

When you drive in Forza in Alps - you see bright colours and lighting feels much more realistic. In New York things getting worse - GT4 looks just like total crap compare to Forza.
-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts
[QUOTE="-Spock-"]

proof11102

:| Forza = 30 Fps...GT4 = 60Fps. So no, that's one of the reasons that Forza is unplayable as a simulator IMO.

????
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Felous1
Member since 2006 • 4557 Posts
Plus GT4 wins where it counts - car selection and courses.-Spock-
That's funny specially when Forza outscored GT4 pretty much everywhere and it had far less cars than GT4...
KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KingTuttle
Member since 2006 • 2471 Posts
funny cause in both the ign and gamespot reviews they said gt4 looked better... who do i trust a fanboy or a professional reviewers? xxgunslingerxx
Neither - opinions are opinions. I personally think both these games rock. I love racing sims.
dragonsack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dragonsack
funny cause in both the ign and gamespot reviews they said gt4 looked better... who do i trust a fanboy or a professional reviewers? xxgunslingerxx
i dont know y GT4 got a score of 8.9 when it got 8,10,9,9,9 and forza got a score of 9.2 when it got 10,9,8,9,9 if you add up all of the number it's 45/50 and you get a 9 but somehow gt got a lower score????
Kayrod29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 Kayrod29
Member since 2005 • 5301 Posts
[QUOTE="xxgunslingerxx"]funny cause in both the ign and gamespot reviews they said gt4 looked better... who do i trust a fanboy or a professional reviewers? dragonsack
i dont know y GT4 got a score of 8.9 when it got 8,10,9,9,9 and forza got a score of 9.2 when it got 10,9,8,9,9 if you add up all of the number it's 45/50 and you get a 9 but somehow gt got a lower score????

Because Gameplay is more important then graphics, there fore, graphics get like 1 point added to the review, while gameplay gets 2 or something like that
dragonsack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dragonsack
[QUOTE="dragonsack"][QUOTE="xxgunslingerxx"]funny cause in both the ign and gamespot reviews they said gt4 looked better... who do i trust a fanboy or a professional reviewers? Kayrod29

Because Gameplay is more important then graphics, there fore, graphics get like 1 point added to the review, while gameplay gets 2 or something like that

so what your saying is if i want to give a game a higher score i would give gameplay a 10 to get it a score of 9.2 and if i want to give a game a lower score i would but give graphic a 9???
DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts

Wow, to me GT4 is clearly the winner in the graphics compartment, Forza wasn't even on the same level.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#19 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
Xbox had better graphics than the ps2.....WHAT! Stop the presses.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The Xbox is technically superior by quite a bit to the PS2. I would hope Forza looks better... :|

You can play GT4 in 1080i though...
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
GRan Turismo 4, looks more realstic and had outstanding enviroments and was 60fps and 1080i. Which is technically impressive. Plus boasting nice rain and dirt effects, that surpass even some rally game. Forza looked nice no doubt, no where near GT4. Maybe on 360 it gets a graphical boost? highers res. But it really can't compare to Gt4. I'm sorry, but if thats your final opinion. Its very flawed.
dimar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dimar19
GRan Turismo 4, looks more realstic and had outstanding enviroments and was 60fps and 1080i. Which is technically impressive. Plus boasting nice rain and dirt effects, that surpass even some rally game. Forza looked nice no doubt, no where near GT4. Adrian_Cloud

Man, I repeat: GT 4 looks like crap compare to Forza.

Go and play damn games.
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts

[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"]GRan Turismo 4, looks more realstic and had outstanding enviroments and was 60fps and 1080i. Which is technically impressive. Plus boasting nice rain and dirt effects, that surpass even some rally game. Forza looked nice no doubt, no where near GT4. dimar19

Man, I repeat: GT 4 looks like crap compare to Forza. In my oppinion

Go and play damn games.

Of course.

Dups79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 Dups79
Member since 2004 • 2370 Posts
Quick someone post screenshots from both games so we can analyze how the rust spots inside the tailpipe is better in GT4 and how the bug splatter on the windshield is better in Forza!
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#25 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

[QUOTE="-Spock-"]Plus GT4 wins where it counts - car selection and courses.Felous1
That's funny specially when Forza outscored GT4 pretty much everywhere and it had far less cars than GT4...

Don't mention how Forza had:

Damage

Custom Paint

Those features alone destroy GT4. Only a cow would deny it.

GT4 is nothing more than a bumper-car sim.

dragonsack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dragonsack
[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"]GRan Turismo 4, looks more realstic and had outstanding enviroments and was 60fps and 1080i. Which is technically impressive. Plus boasting nice rain and dirt effects, that surpass even some rally game. Forza looked nice no doubt, no where near GT4. dimar19

Man, I repeat: GT 4 looks like crap compare to Forza.

Go and play damn games.

your just looking at one point in forza and that is the shine azz button that make the game stand out... but i could give it to forza if it was release the same time as gt4!!!
kyleali11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kyleali11
Member since 2006 • 11820 Posts

GT4, duh!