Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By TigerSuperman

Poll Forza or Gran turismo? (115 votes)

Forza Motorsport 63%
Gran Turismo 37%

These are the best selling acing franchises that are simulators out there. Highest rated as well.

Which of these classic racers do you prefer?

• 
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

Forza.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Gran Turismo

Edit:Do you even play Racing games?

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Both is ok i guess, which one depends on what console you own

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

Gran Turismo

i do. forza is better.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ant_17

@tushar172787 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Gran Turismo

i do. forza is better.

I tend to finish Forza games to quickly.

The game thrives on online so i can't be bothered.

Just gonna stick to what i know and like.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#6 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Forza is way better.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tushar172787

@Ant_17 said:
@tushar172787 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Gran Turismo

i do. forza is better.

hmm, iv'e been playing forza horizon 2 for more than a year, and the amount of stuff you can do is just incredible. just the drift tandems alone is a huge part of the game, such a great community for the customization stuff too, i tuned my supra to 1200 HP and that orange paul walker car color. and the storm island expansion is huge too, and the A.I is awesome! GT is really fun too, but i think they take too much time to make a game. but currently, GT6>forza 5. everything else forza > GT. just my opinion tho. to answer your original question, forza horizon 2 has loads of content in the single player too. forza 5 was the first forza game to lack in content, it will be solved with forza 6.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ant_17

@tushar172787 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@tushar172787 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Gran Turismo

i do. forza is better.

hmm, iv'e been playing forza horizon 2 for more than a year, and the amount of stuff you can do is just incredible. just the drift tandems alone is a huge part of the game, such a great community for the customization stuff too, i tuned my supra to 1200 HP and that orange paul walker car color. and the storm island expansion is huge too, and the A.I is awesome! GT is really fun too, but i think they take too much time to make a game. but currently, GT6>forza 5. everything else forza > GT. just my opinion tho. to answer your original question, forza horizon 2 has loads of content in the single player too. forza 5 was the first forza game to lack in content, it will be solved with forza 6.

Well , it seems we don't play the games the same way.

I guess i don't care for the new models of cars , because Le Mans cars are all time kings.

So i just use old model cars and see how much i can tune them to reach Dream cup levels.

I'm gonna see and make a Supra in GT6 to see if my 900HP R32 can beat your car.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Easily Forza

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Well, the only GT game I played was on PS2. I did not play the most recent GT release, I don't really have a basis for comparison.....I've bought every single Forza game since the 2nd one , so my opinion is somewhat irrelevant here. That's one of the issues with GT games.....they need to release more of them......otherwise, if they wait to long, they stop being relevant. Of course, it's my fault I didn't play GT on PS3, but I would like them to come out with one on PS4 so I can make thorough comparisons.

The only thing I will say about the GT vs Forza debate, is that I don't just enjoy Forza because it is a good racing franchise, and I enjoy racers. I love the online community aspect of it too. You have these really talented artists that create incredible designs and upload them for the public to use, there are many Twitter channels dedicated to things like this. There's a pretty cool sense of community for car enthusiasts, people who really know their stuff about tuning.

Often, when I play online in a Forza game, I will be in a lobby where you have several people talking about cars, tuning , etc. ....there are not many other games who have fostered this kind of community. It's not just about playing a good racer from a technical perspective, but it's joining up with these groups of people who really like cars. I have many people on my friend's list who only play Forza games, nothing else. They've played hundreds of hours of Forza, more than me, but I never see them playing anything else....many of those people were attracted to Forza because they are car enthusiasts first, not gamers.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tushar172787

@Ant_17 said:
@tushar172787 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@tushar172787 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Gran Turismo

i do. forza is better.

I guess i don't care for the new models of cars , because Le Mans cars are all time kings.

So i just use old model cars and see how much i can tune them to reach Dream cup levels.

GT is more in the sim aspect, i don't think they'll allow you to upgrade that car to crazy levels.

P.S i got it to 267 MPH. some youtubers have got it to 274 MPH, most probably due to a better tune. it's great for drifting too, just gotta tune the gear ratio to low levels and the camber at 3, then hold the throttle at 4th gear since the pull is too much to hold the drift.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tushar172787

@Alucard_Prime said:

Well, the only GT game I played was on PS2. I did not play the most recent GT release, I don't really have a basis for comparison.....I've bought every single Forza game since the 2nd one , so my opinion is somewhat irrelevant here. That's one of the issues with GT games.....they need to release more of them......otherwise, if they wait to long, they stop being relevant. Of course, it's my fault I didn't play GT on PS3, but I would like them to come out with one on PS4 so I can make thorough comparisons.

The only thing I will say about the GT vs Forza debate, is that I don't just enjoy Forza because it is a good racing franchise, and I enjoy racers. I love the online community aspect of it too. You have these really talented artists that create incredible designs and upload them for the public to use, there are many Twitter channels dedicated to things like this. There's a pretty cool sense of community for car enthusiasts, people who really know their stuff about tuning.

Often, when I play online in a Forza game, I will be in a lobby where you have several people talking about cars, tuning , etc. ....there are not many other games who have fostered this kind of community. It's not just about playing a good racer from a technical perspective, but it's joining up with these groups of people who really like cars. I have many people on my friend's list who only play Forza games, nothing else. They've played hundreds of hours of Forza, more than me, but I never see them playing anything else....many of those people were attracted to Forza because they are car enthusiasts first, not gamers.

i agree, the designs are crazy!

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

Neither, Mario Kart all the way.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tushar172787

@davem1992 said:

can you troll people effectively in it? like crashing out people to make them lose?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ant_17

@tushar172787 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@tushar172787 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@tushar172787 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Gran Turismo

i do. forza is better.

GT is more in the sim aspect, i don't think they'll allow you to upgrade that car to crazy levels.

P.S i got it to 267 MPH. some youtubers have got it to 274 MPH, most probably due to a better tune. it's great for drifting too, just gotta tune the gear ratio to low levels, then hold the throttle at 4th gear since the pull is too much to hold the drift.

Trust me friend , there are ways to make cheat cars on GT6.

Why do you think there a so many lobies that say "EVOS only" ? Because the old cars are PS2 cars and they are more fun to tune.

Beatting Evos with a MX5 is just the best way to troll in GT5 and GT6.

And if you want to make your Supra reach that , you need to tune more then just the gears.

And i only drift in a RX7 or a S2000 if i'm bored.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tushar172787

@Ant_17 said:
@tushar172787 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@tushar172787 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@tushar172787 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Gran Turismo

i do. forza is better.

P.S i got it to 267 MPH. some youtubers have got it to 274 MPH, most probably due to a better tune. it's great for drifting too, just gotta tune the gear ratio to low levels, then hold the throttle at 4th gear since the pull is too much to hold the drift.

Trust me friend , there are ways to make cheat cars on GT6.

Why do you think there a so many lobies that say "EVOS only" ? Because the old cars are PS2 cars and they are more fun to tune.

Beatting Evos with a MX5 is just the best way to troll in GT5 and GT6.

And if you want to make your Supra reach that , you need to tune more then just the gears.

And i only drift in a RX7 or a S2000 if i'm bored.

i haven't played too much of GT, so fair enough. what's the list of upgrades available right now for the supra? and i got the tune from the forza store, i only minorly modify them to my liking:P

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Forza by far. People picking Gran Truismo seriously haven't played a Forza game maybe ever.

Turn 10 caught and surpassed Polyphony last gen early on and has been widening the gap ever since.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@tushar172787: Yeah, and I'm so glad these talented artists exist, because not in a billion years would I be able to make such designs.....I know my limits lol

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#19 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14411 Posts

Is this a serious question? Forza by a massive landslide. inb4jellycows.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#20  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17764 Posts

Forza without a doubt. I used to love GT and it was my favorite back in the PS1 and PS2 Era. It has since become a bit of a joke amongst sim racers. Polyphony Digital has really shit the bed with that franchise.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#21 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

The handling/driving model is all GT has going for it. Forza easily.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i prefer gt but i recognize that forza has been better aat delivering a more entertaining game for awhile

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ant_17
Loading Video...

@tushar172787: Title is missleading , because the Supra can't reach 1400HP in GT6 , its on;y 864HP and thats without oil change.

But if you notice , even with Soft Tire it still burmouts like crazy and it can't turn verry well.

But then again , i don't like the Supra that much to learn it.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Im not that big of Racing games but i would choose GT over Forza mainly because of the driving simulation realism it has and i really like that

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I preferred GT until I tried Forza Motorsport 2.

Then it was like an instant conversion to another religion. One with cookies and milk and no brussel sprouts.

Then GT5 came out and sealed the deal with its awful sound effects and inconsistent car models.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

Both are excellent for their system you can't go wrong with either. Forza is huge online probably more than gt but Idk for sure.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@AzatiS: You're consistently one of the biggest Cows on this board so this doesn't come off as a surprise in the slightest.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

The Forza series is better. It's like when Medal Of Honour declined and COD took over, or when Guitar Hero was outclassed by Rock Band. It happens.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ant_17
@locopatho said:

The Forza series is better. It's like when Medal Of Honour declined and COD took over, or when Guitar Hero was outclassed by Rock Band. It happens.

Not a good comparisen , because you can't play Forza on PS and GT on Xbox.

Both are good , and both comunities don't care what the other is doing.

Will wait to see what GT7 does , and if it fails.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

Forza games are just better. Less of a cluster ****, all that jazz. The money they put into a GT game should wield far better results but they choose to make cluttered messes. The last great GT game was GT4. The best GT game is GT3, probably the greatest racer of all time. Not for content or driving physics (which have all been well superceded), but for how well made the game is and the perfect progression. A-Spec is the most iconic racing game of all time. Forza games basically built on that and thats what a modern day racer is, meaning Forza is the definative racing franchise today, and probably going forward.

Running-Target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#31  Edited By Running-Target
Member since 2014 • 413 Posts

GT went down after 4, Forza was dominant in last gen. Looks like Forza is down too due to milking like EA's NFS. Annualizing games stifle creativity. So my answer is none.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#32 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Forza

pankar94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pankar94
Member since 2014 • 251 Posts

Gran turismo.Now with the power of ps4 they can do a lot of things better than the ps3 which was hard to programming.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22369 Posts

Used to be a GT fan, but I think Forza Motorsport are the better games now.

anderswhk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By anderswhk
Member since 2014 • 129 Posts

Both games have sim elements. Both are trying to have a good balance of fun and realism, while GT is arguably a little more realistic in some places, but still not a real sim.

I find that Forza is a more "fun" game for the average Joe, that might not even own a racing wheel. It is more forgiving, and therefore better at making you think you are hot shit at driving. Games like Forza Horizon made me jealous as a long time Gran Turismo fan since the PlayStation 1 days. Things like the customization and ways you can personalize your car in Forza, is fantastic, but I find that the actual driving is more rewarding in GT when you get into it with a proper wheel, and with the driving aids set to OFF.

My single biggest issue with Gran Turismo was always the sounds. Everything from the tire squealing, to the way the engines sound way too smooth and refined, not wild, loud and powerful like a real race car.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#36 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

Well...GT6 in it's current state is a better game than Forza 2...

Apart from that, though, Forza all the way. GT is...kinda a mess and no one seems interested in cleaning it up or admitting there is a problem.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AzatiS

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@AzatiS: You're consistently one of the biggest Cows on this board so this doesn't come off as a surprise in the slightest.

I dont even own a PS4 yet let alone a PS3 .. If that makes me a cow , roflcopter. Also when i was the most harsh critic PS3 ever saw , i was also a big cow ? When i called CRAPS numerous PS3 games , was i a cow ? When i stated numerous times , even few months back , how bad decisions Sony made with PS3 and i was laughing my ass on them for numerous years , was i a cow ? Back then cows were like really mad with me i assure you ! Back then i was the hater/lem/gtfo guy. You wish i were a cow but im not. Salt yourself please ! You wont find any other around to backup his logic and claims ( few guys even ) .

Dont let your fanboyism take over for what i prefer to play and why . I really think GT is one of the best driving simulators , if not the best , there are out there and its a big reason why i like these series otherwise i wouldnt even bother. Now go salt yourself hater .. you like it or not , ill be here and talk facts , truth and my opinion.

anderswhk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By anderswhk
Member since 2014 • 129 Posts

@AzatiS said:
@Salt_The_Fries said:

I dont even own a PS4 yet let alone a PS3 .. If that makes me a cow , roflcopter. Also when i was the most harsh critic PS3 ever saw , i was also a big cow ? When i called CRAPS numerous PS3 games , was i a cow ? When i stated numerous times , even few months back , how bad decisions Sony made with PS3 and i was laughing my ass on them for numerous years , was i a cow ? Back then cows were like really mad with me i assure you ! Back then i was the hater/lem/gtfo guy. You wish i were a cow but im not. Salt yourself please ! You wont find any other around to backup his logic and claims ( few guys even ) .

Dont let your fanboyism take over for what i prefer to play and why . I really think GT is one of the best driving simulators , if not the best , there are out there and its a big reason why i like these series otherwise i wouldnt even bother. Now go salt yourself hater .. you like it or not , ill be here and talk facts , truth and my opinion.

I'm not trying to go all "PC master race" on you, but you wont find that on the consoles. The console racers are suppose to be for everyone, and the "real" sim racers you probably never heard of, and are a niche market for the PC, for sim nerds with fully build racing seat setups and triple screens. Most people would find them too difficult and unforgiving to be fun, unless you get into the game and learn the mechanics. Something as basic as throttle management to not spin out your car is almost non existent in Forza and Gran Turismo, even with driving aids OFF. I still like both games. They are very fun. I don't look down my nose at them, they are just made for a much broader audience.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Mario Kart

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AzatiS

@anderswhk said:
@AzatiS said:
@Salt_The_Fries said:

I'm not trying to go all "PC master race" on you, but you wont find that on the consoles. The console racers are suppose to be for everyone, and the "real" sim racers you probably never heard of, and are a niche market for the PC, for sim nerds with fully build racing seat setups and triple screens. Most people would find them too difficult and unforgiving to be fun, unless you get into the game and learn the mechanics. Something as basic as throttle management to not spin out your car is almost non existent in Forza and Gran Turismo, even with driving aids OFF. I still like both games. They are very fun. I don't look down my nose at them, they are just made for a much broader audience.

I know what you mean , im PC gamer myself the last 18 years. You have a point there. I agree with you but when it comes to Forza vs GT , ill go with GT all day long simply because it has that "real" sim way more than Forza which it might be better overall but since im not in racing games that much either way ill go with the one gives me the more close to simulation experience than "fun" if you get me.

I agree with everything you said though.

BruceBenzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BruceBenzing
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

GT was great early on but Poly got lazy and Forza took the crown...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

Forza, because of the Horizon spinoff, beyond that I have no interest in either, I'd taken the Dirt series over those two.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

Forza now holds the crown as best racing game on console. That title used to belong to GT, but PD lost its way.

Even if you made everything else even between the two, Forza would win because of its online drift lobbies. Some of the best chat in all of gaming can be found there.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#44 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@tushar172787 said:
@davem1992 said:

can you troll people effectively in it? like crashing out people to make them lose?

Who's trolling? I take Mario Kart over the straight up Forza and GT releases also. LOL I'm just not a racing enthusiast.

I like FH2. I like the open world and road aspect to it. Glad friends put me on to it.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tushar172787

@cainetao11 said:
@tushar172787 said:
@davem1992 said:

Who's trolling? I take Mario Kart over the straight up Forza and GT releases also. LOL I'm just not a racing enthusiast.

I like FH2. I like the open world and road aspect to it. Glad friends put me on to it.

you misunderstood my comment. i said "do you troll people effectively in it" meaning "can you troll people while racing online, ie, crashing other cars out".

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

Forza of course, there is not even a competition

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Forza. Right now there is no contest

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tushar172787

@pankar94 said:

Gran turismo.Now with the power of ps4 they can do a lot of things better than the ps3 which was hard to programming.

your post makes no sense. how do you know that a PS4 GT will be better than forza? they have no info on it. right now, what do you think is the better franchise? that's the question TC asked, not saying imaginary games will be better than either.

pankar94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 pankar94
Member since 2014 • 251 Posts

@tushar172787:

Hey man.Its personal preference.I prefer gran turismo because grew up with GT.First GT I played was GT 2 on ps1.Also, GT has more tracks than forza.I think GT5 has about 50 tracks and forza 6 will have 36.And forza 6 is a 2015 game.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tushar172787

@pankar94 said:

@tushar172787:

Hey man.Its personal preference.I prefer gran turismo because grew up with GT.First GT I played was GT 2 on ps1.Also, GT has more tracks than forza.I think GT5 has about 50 tracks and forza 6 will have 36.And forza 6 is a 2015 game.

then say that. why do mention imaginary games around the horizon?