Forza Motorsport 5 sells 1 million units.

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

http://www.n3rdabl3.co.uk/2014/01/forza-motorsport-5-hits-one-million-online-players/

one million individual gamertags are associated with the game which is a huge portion of the reported 2.5 million gamers that own an Xbox One.

Dead Rising is not far behind I suppose. Forza 5 seems to have gotten a boost.

#2 Posted by silversix_ (14052 posts) -

When you're stuck with games such as Ryse and DR3 you have no choice but buy this crap

#3 Posted by Carbon_Le (185 posts) -

forza got a boost because they're selling them for 40 dollars. it'll be free this holiday

#4 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6137 posts) -

Great numbers reflect a great game. I love it and cant wait to play more tomorrow.

#5 Posted by NFJSupreme (5150 posts) -

Good for forza. By all accounts it's a great game

#6 Posted by k--m--k (994 posts) -

Hey, I am Sony fan and I must say Forza did good

Although that music makes me feel like I am playing resident evil

#7 Posted by EnviousEyezOnMe (260 posts) -

forza got a boost because they're selling them for 40 dollars. it'll be free this holiday

That's exactly what I did...purchased Forza and DR3 when they were $40. It's called being a smart consumer and a sale is a sale for both the dev and MS.

#8 Edited by trugs26 (5289 posts) -

I'm so disappointed when I go to the stores and see Forza on display. It's so boring. I guess they can't put DR on display since kids will see. Possibly the same reason for Ryse too I guess. I just find Forza so bland. Especially as a demo.

Also, what happened to the crowd in Forza? I was expecting something a little more dynamic. But they're still pretty much copy-paste cardboard cut-outs. I was expecting next-gen to polish these details in a racing sim.

#9 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

Yeah and the transformers movies raked in hundreds of millions of dollars on its opening weekend......that doesn't make it a good movie though.

#10 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6909 posts) -

@Gargus said:

Yeah and the transformers movies raked in hundreds of millions of dollars on its opening weekend......that doesn't make it a good movie though.

Forza is one of the best launch titles and one of the best franchises around. Transformers is a terrible movie (the stupid, but enjoyable kind of terrible). I agree that sales don't equal quality, but the comparison would work better if we were using Call of Duty, not Forza

#11 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10320 posts) -

When you're stuck with games such as Ryse and DR3 you have no choice but buy this crap

best game in the highest rated racing series of the past 10+ years.

___

In no way does this this mean Forza 5 has gone platinum - individual gamertags does not mean units sold.

According to a video by YouTube user Robert Cram it looks as if the Xbox One exclusive Forza Motorsport 5 has hit the one million milestone just six weeks after the launch of the console which is a pretty impressive number.

#12 Posted by stereointegrity (10700 posts) -

one million online doesnt mean one million sold........

could have multiple users using the same game like me and my roomates do

#13 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

Ryse = Graphics king by every game review, DR3 rated higher then anything the PS4 has to offer LOL.

#14 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3464 posts) -
#15 Posted by silversix_ (14052 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Ryse = Graphics king by every game review, DR3 rated higher then anything the PS4 has to offer LOL.

Your best looking title ON THE SYSTEM is in 900p LOL

#16 Posted by k--m--k (994 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

too bad graphics dont produce good game play

since Ryse is rated lower than Knack

#17 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10320 posts) -

@k--m--k said:

too bad graphics dont produce good game play

since Ryse is rated lower than Knack

They both scored a 4.0 Ryse and Knack are rated the same.

(on a personal note, I had always thought a 4.0 or anything rated lower than 5.0 would be a game that is fundamentally broken. I cannot speak for Knack but Ryse is not fundamentally broken - just poorly executed.)

#18 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4060 posts) -

Wonder how many of them are from bundles.

Sad that a rushed launch game stuffed with microtransactions, graphical shortcuts and less features than Forza 4 can do so well.

#19 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

1 million gamer tags =/= 1 million sold.

Some players have multiple gamer tags just like people on PSN do.

#20 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

^ ^ Pulling shit form your ass again?

#21 Posted by Daious (1112 posts) -

I am really glad to see turn10 games get some numbers on the board. great studios

#22 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4165 posts) -

@stereointegrity:

Especially now that you no longer have to pay for each gamertag seperate. 1 million users does not in any way mean 1 million sold.

#23 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@silversix_ said:

Your best looking title ON THE SYSTEM is in 900p LOL

Correction, its the best looking title on ANY NEXT GEN SYSTEM. It makes the PS4 look terrible that a 900p games looks better then there 1080p games LOL.

@mrxboxone said:

@silversix_ said:

^ ^ Pulling shit form your ass again?

Does it crush your spirit to know Gamespot, IGN, Eurogamer, Adam Sessler, GameTrailers, Rev3gaming, Digital Foundry, Game informer and others (ALL the top gaming website experts), all award Ryse as "having hands down the best graphics of next gen."?

Even your own poll says Ryse. Your console is weak and worthless.... I know, I own a PS4, its a POS

#24 Edited by Daious (1112 posts) -

1 million gamer tags =/= 1 million sold.

Some players have multiple gamer tags just like people on PSN do.

Good catch. I was wondering why other sites weren't reporting it.

Numbers must still be good.

#25 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4165 posts) -

@NFJSupreme:

Forza is a great game for people who don't know how to play racing games. The game has so many driving assists, it practically plays itself. And if you still can't handle it and don't understand the suggested line, there is always rewind. Forza is to racing games what Fable 3 was to RPG's. It feels like somebody is holding your hand the entire time.

#26 Posted by Syn_Valence (1348 posts) -

Err this doesn't mean it sold a million, people can have multiple accounts......

#27 Posted by heretrix (37306 posts) -

@NFJSupreme:

Forza is a great game for people who don't know how to play racing games. The game has so many driving assists, it practically plays itself. And if you still can't handle it and don't understand the suggested line, there is always rewind. Forza is to racing games what Fable 3 was to RPG's. It feels like somebody is holding your hand the entire time.

You can turn all that stuff off y'know.

#28 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4060 posts) -

MrShitboxDone is a stuck record of a crying child. Either that or an algorithm developed by a marketing company.

Yeah, Ryse looks awesome.

#29 Posted by MonsieurX (29487 posts) -

MrShitboxDone is a stuck record of a crying child. Either that or an algorithm developed by a marketing company.

How's this related to the topic?

Someone's butthurt it seems

#30 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (759 posts) -

good for Turn10.

#31 Edited by AzatiS (7232 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Ryse scored 4 , your graphic king yet here you are praising it ....what else to talk about ?

#32 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (949 posts) -

bet most gran turismo players are jumping ship !

glad the superior Forza 5 finally getting what it deserved.

#33 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4060 posts) -
@Opus_Rea-333 said:

Jumping ship to a $500 cablebox with no games for something that got lower scores than GT6.

Nah, son.

#34 Edited by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

Are you butthurt that every single gaming experts awarded ryse as next gen graphics king? LOL enjoy

#35 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4060 posts) -

Are you butthurt that every single gaming experts awarded ryse as next gen graphics king? LOL enjoy

G-grafix king!!!

Sensible people stopped paying attention to paid critics after the LA Noire debacle.

#36 Edited by handssss (1821 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@silversix_ said:

get out of here with that trash. It's objectively worse in almost every merit where it counts than its predecessors. DLC cars up the ass, less tracks, less cars, still no weather or night racing (not always present, but they've made some attempt before), and no auction house. You are a problem with gaming if you seriously believe prettier graphics for a system with far superior hardware and slightly better AI make this a better game.

Congrats on worshipping the COD of racing games.

#37 Posted by blackace (20242 posts) -

http://www.n3rdabl3.co.uk/2014/01/forza-motorsport-5-hits-one-million-online-players/

one million individual gamertags are associated with the game which is a huge portion of the reported 2.5 million gamers that own an Xbox One.

Dead Rising is not far behind I suppose. Forza 5 seems to have gotten a boost.

Not surprised, since it's the best game on the system. DR3 will be next.

#38 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10320 posts) -

@handssss said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@silversix_ said:

get out of here with that trash. It's objectively worse in almost every merit where it counts than its predecessors. DLC cars up the ass, less tracks, less cars, still no weather or night racing (not always present, but they've made some attempt before), and no auction house. You are a problem with gaming if you seriously believe prettier graphics for a system with far superior hardware and slightly better AI make this a better game.

Congrats on worshipping the COD of racing games.

judging books on the cover are we?

#39 Edited by handssss (1821 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

How's this related to the topic?

Someone's butthurt it seems

why don't you get your head out of your ass. The only reason why some here are debating Ryse graphics is because the same guy keeps derailing every thread by trying to claim ownage because some sites claim it has the best console graphics. I know you keep ignoring this, but if you are going to say anything at all, go tell him off instead of attacking the responses, dipshit.

#40 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher: jealousy. It's a beautiful thing LOL. Ryse just simply looks better then any next gen title. Everyone agrees.

#41 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4060 posts) -

MrsShitboxDone's thin reality-denying bubble slowly deflating so he has to repeat it to himself to try and keep it pumped up. ^_^

#42 Posted by Sweenix (5397 posts) -

lol, where's the sales?

#43 Posted by Desmonic (13383 posts) -

Wait, is it 1 million sales or 1 million different user tags registered/using the game? There's a difference.

If it's the former then congrats to T10! It's always a risky move to release a game with a hardware launch, so it's good that it didn't effect them sales-wise.

If it's the latter then it's a bit irrelevant since people can have different accounts and use just a single copy of the game.

#44 Posted by Snugenz (11815 posts) -

Aye, kinda like Knack and Killzone. Atleast xboners have more crap to choose from amiright?

#45 Posted by _Matt_ (8866 posts) -

Well since this is gamertags, not units, then units sold is likely much lower, perhaps around the the 700k mark.

To say this game was pretty much thrown at Europeans buying the XB1 that number is a little underwhelming

#46 Posted by ankor77 (940 posts) -

@_Matt_:

Fifa was also an option for europe and many chose that. Also should we discredit any ps4 games sales since half of us all went to target to do the buy2 get 1free deal which xb1 did not get?

I agree this does not equal 1 million sold yet but its still impressive. The core game is great. I would appreciate some more tracks in the future as a patch or dlc

#47 Posted by _Matt_ (8866 posts) -

@ankor77 said:

@_Matt_:

Fifa was also an option for europe and many chose that. Also should we discredit any ps4 games sales since half of us all went to target to do the buy2 get 1free deal which xb1 did not get?

I agree this does not equal 1 million sold yet but its still impressive. The core game is great. I would appreciate some more tracks in the future as a patch or dlc

Don't get me wrong, it's a good number, sure; but to say that it's the highest rated XB1 game, it was thrown in completely free with 50% of all European day 1 XB1 consoles, and one of the biggest advertised titles of the next gen, 800k odd units seems a little.... unimpressive in a way if that makes sense.

Still, kudos to T10 I guess.

#48 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

nope, i play both forza and gt and sure as hell im not paying for Forza 5 when it lacks something as key as Nordschleif...what racing gmae in this day and age even does that honestly its such a key track for a lot of people including myself.

I'll wait til FM6 to take a plunge with the one, for the simple reason is gt6 is getting dlc, fm4 still does its job and frankly both next gen machines are far far too expensive right now.

#49 Edited by ankor77 (940 posts) -

@_Matt_: also considering some of the hate forza got for the lack of content and microtransactions im surprised the numbers are this high

#50 Posted by AtariKidX (6208 posts) -

Gran Turismo 6 have sell more..................1.55m