Forza Horizon 2 is a different game on Xbox 360

• 150 results
#1 Posted by Zero5000X (8174 posts) -

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/06/20/forza-horizon-2-on-xbox-360-is-a-different-game-to-the-xbox-one-version/

Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox 360 will be “inspired by the same ideas” as the Xbox One version but will not be the same game.

“It’s based in the same world, it’s based on the same themes,” explained Playground Games creative director, Ralph Fulton, in an interview with Digital Spy. “Rather than thinking of them as the same game on different platforms, they are different games inspired by the same ideas.”

“There are things we are doing in Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One that honestly couldn’t be done on any other console,” he added, referring in part to the weather system and Drivatars.

It has also been revealed that, unlike Driveclub, the game will ship without any micro transactions.

“The approach we’ve taken is that we’ve designed our game at Playground Games from the ground up to be fair, to be fun, to be rewarding,” said Fulton. “That’s incredibly important to us. For that reason, we will launch in September without tokens.”

Note that although the game will launch without micro transactions, Microsoft may choose to implement them at a later date.

I guess people who thought the 360 version would hold back the X1 version have nothing to worry about.

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (38133 posts) -

I'm okay with the lack of drivatars.

#3 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8513 posts) -

Only morons think that....

Anyway whats this I hear about the weather system ? What will the difference be on the 360 ?

#4 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6121 posts) -

Isn't the 360 version being made by Sumo Digital, who made Dirt 2 on Wii/Psp?

Yeah. Not encouraging.

#5 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

i sorta take that as a good thing, But for people on 360 at least they are getting a version even though they will never see any video it.

Anyway whats this I hear about the weather system ? What will the difference be on the 360 ?

yup there is one, they havn't showed it off yet i don't think though. besides showing some rain and having a pop up in their trailer for dramatic weather.

Hopefully it's not just rain, would love to see snow and ice and other crazy stuff, shoot even turando would be cool where the wind is jerking on your steering

#6 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8513 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p

DiRT 2 is on the Wii ? :o !

Really ? !

Why didn't you tell me this sooner ? :(

#7 Posted by lostrib (31433 posts) -

well it's going to be called an exclusive now

#8 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (8131 posts) -

So this might end up being treated the same way as Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter was on X360 back in the day.

#9 Posted by handssss (1620 posts) -

maybe this weather system will be on par with the weather system found in practically any decent last gen sim racer?

#10 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6121 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p

DiRT 2 is on the Wii ? :o !

Really ? !

Why didn't you tell me this sooner ? :(

Because it's complete garbage.

#11 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (8513 posts) -

@k2theswiss

Hmmmm.... I was actually hoping Forza 5 would come to the 360.... And PC..... And the Wii U and the PS4/3.... :)

#12 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (8513 posts) -

@handssss

I can live with that.... Infact it doesn't sound bad at all.

@speedfreak48t5p

Thats not the point..... The point is DiRT was on a Nintendo ! How dare you keep that from me ! Me am so much sadness ! :(

#13 Posted by tormentos (16385 posts) -

@lostrib said:

And i will be there to mock them...

The PS3 version of Crysis 3 didn't have all the same effects still wasn't PC exclusive.

“There are things we are doing in Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One that honestly couldn’t be done on any other console,” he added, referring in part to the weather system and Drivatars.

Same game lacking some effects and drivatars.

#14 Posted by silversix_ (13538 posts) -

"There are things we are doing in Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One that honestly couldn’t be done on any other console" HAHAHAHA only a dumbass would believe that

#15 Edited by Stringerboy (6887 posts) -

Why is this even on the 360?

#16 Posted by freedomfreak (38133 posts) -

Why is this even on the 360?

Install base.

#17 Posted by Chutebox (36167 posts) -

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/06/20/forza-horizon-2-on-xbox-360-is-a-different-game-to-the-xbox-one-version/

Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox 360 will be “inspired by the same ideas” as the Xbox One version but will not be the same game.

“It’s based in the same world, it’s based on the same themes,” explained Playground Games creative director, Ralph Fulton, in an interview with Digital Spy. “Rather than thinking of them as the same game on different platforms, they are different games inspired by the same ideas.”

It has also been revealed that, unlike Driveclub, the game will ship without any micro transactions.

“The approach we’ve taken is that we’ve designed our game at Playground Games from the ground up to be fair, to be fun, to be rewarding,” said Fulton. “That’s incredibly important to us. For that reason, we will launch in September without tokens.”

Note that although the game will launch without micro transactions, Microsoft may choose to implement them at a later date.

I guess people who thought the 360 version would hold back the X1 version have nothing to worry about.

Yup, I'm sure none of it is PR at all. Nope.

#18 Posted by Chutebox (36167 posts) -

"There are things we are doing in Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One that honestly couldn’t be done on any other console" HAHAHAHA only a dumbass would believe that

Ya, I laughed at that too.

#19 Posted by B4X (2554 posts) -

Who would have thought the Forza 1 engine was different from the Forza 2 engine?

Mind blowing stuff.

#20 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6121 posts) -

@handssss

I can live with that.... Infact it doesn't sound bad at all.

@speedfreak48t5p

Thats not the point..... The point is DiRT was on a Nintendo ! How dare you keep that from me ! Me am so much sadness ! :(

You are probably better off not knowing of its existence my friend.

#21 Edited by B4X (2554 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Really? So Xbox 360 can run this? Skybox, map size, textures, and details? Funny stuff? At 1080P.

#22 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3156 posts) -

No drivertards and no weather? Is that it?

Just like Titanfall then, only difference being TF on Xbone was 60fps (well, some of the time) and TF on 360 was 30fps.

#23 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2587 posts) -

Hopefully the 360 version will be worth it for those who get it, as long as it hits the same notes as the first game it should do well. I like how they put in more effort into making the Xbox One version more unique and hopefully we will see more of this trend.

#24 Edited by B4X (2554 posts) -

Just like Titanfall then, only difference being TF on Xbone was 60fps (well, some of the time) and TF on 360 was 30fps.

Every asset is the same on X1 and 360? Is that what you're saying? Textures every thing is the same?

The only difference is frame rate?

Please continue?

#25 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15866 posts) -

It's a multi-platform game. I would hope the version that came out on the eight-year old console would be a little worse.

#26 Posted by B4X (2554 posts) -

It's a multi-platform game. I would hope the version that came out on the eight-year old console would be a little worse.

Please prove this? So I can counter?

#27 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3156 posts) -

@b4x said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Every asset is the same on X1 and 360? Is that what you're saying? Textures every thing is the same?

The only difference is frame rate?

Please continue?

Considering how much F5 looked like ass it wouldn't surprise me at all.

#28 Posted by B4X (2554 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher: We're talking about Titanfall and Forza horizon 2. Not handpicked Forza 5 pics.

Prove what you said. Don't deflect. Prove what you said?

Show me.

#29 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5673 posts) -

Sounds like the same game to me... No weather and drivatars. Actually I expect the game to be a worse looking port, but not a bad looking game, seeing as the 1st Horizon didnt look bad at all. Sumo Digital usually ports games to other platforms, there has not been many times when they have made a game on their own, so expect a port with them using the Forza Horizon 1 engine.

#30 Posted by stereointegrity (10668 posts) -

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

Really? So Xbox 360 can run this? Skybox, map size, textures, and details? Funny stuff? At 1080P.

why is it bright and sunny and everything is wet?

#31 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8131 posts) -

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

It's right after the raining has stopped and the sun has come out. I've seen the whole video and I know this.

#32 Posted by RR360DD (11414 posts) -

I wonder how different they will be. Can't wait to get my hands on the XOne version

#33 Posted by B4X (2554 posts) -

@stereointegrity: Looks like it just stopped raining by looking at the sky box. This is common in real life. Sun comes out the roads are still wet? They just don't magically dry up? Maybe in the desert where it's 110 degrees?

This is Europe though?

#34 Edited by edwardecl (1753 posts) -

“There are things we are doing in Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One that honestly couldn’t be done on any other console,”

Any other console? don't they mean any other Xbox console, or does Kinect play a part?

#35 Posted by heretrix (37243 posts) -

You mean like Forza 5. They've got some goddamn nerve given how Forza 5 practically begs you to spend money every chance it gets..

Not having Microtransactions is the right way to go, but doing the right thing isn't really anything to brag about.

#36 Posted by B4X (2554 posts) -

@heretrix said:

@Zero5000X said:

You mean like Forza 5. They've got some goddamn nerve given how Forza 5 practically begs you to spend money every chance it gets..

Not having Microtransactions is the right way to go, but doing the right thing isn't really anything to brag about.

#37 Edited by heretrix (37243 posts) -

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

Wow. Really?

#38 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3156 posts) -

@b4x said:

@GrenadeLauncher: We're talking about Titanfall and Forza horizon 2. Not handpicked Forza 5 pics.

Show me.

Look up the Digital Foundry articles on TF. They do a pretty good job eviscerating Respawn's rush job.

#39 Edited by B4X (2554 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@b4x said:

Show me.

Look up the Digital Foundry articles on TF. They do a pretty good job eviscerating Respawn's rush job.

So the X1 version is the Same exact game as the 360 versions?

You look it up and prove your case. I didn't say it. You did.

I have 100 videos that prove you wrong. That show your bias.

I'm not the one saying there is little to no differences though. You are.

Stop deflecting. Prove it.

#40 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3156 posts) -

@b4x said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@b4x said:

Show me.

So the X1 version is the Same exact game as the 360 versions?

You look it up and prove your case. I didn't say it. You did.

I have 100 videos the prove you wrong. That show your bias.

I'm not the one saying there is little to no differences though.

Stop deflecting. Prove it.

Pretty much.

#41 Edited by B4X (2554 posts) -
#42 Edited by stereointegrity (10668 posts) -

@heretrix said:

@stereointegrity said:

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

Wow. Really?

not a single rain cloud in the sky box...yet in that same track rain clouds come out of no where and it starts pouring down then clears up with in another 20 seconds.....

#43 Edited by B4X (2554 posts) -

@stereointegrity said:

@heretrix said:

@stereointegrity said:

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

Wow. Really?

not a single rain cloud in the sky box...yet in that same track rain clouds come out of no where and it starts pouring down then clears up with in another 20 seconds.....

This is common when it rains. It rained for 5min in St. Louis yesterday then the sun came out? With clouds moving off to the west. With like 3 clouds in the sky.

Do you go outside much?

#44 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42524 posts) -

Cosmetic differences will not warrant exclusivity. If the game is fundamentally affected by the downgrade (a la Dead Rising), then arguments can be made.

#45 Edited by B4X (2554 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Cosmetic differences will not warrant exclusivity. If the game is fundamentally affected by the downgrade (a la Dead Rising), then arguments can be made.

Why you are here? Did you write this? Please tell everyone who actually wrote this originally. Tell people why this rule was made in the first place? Please be honest .

I know the rule was brought into effect to protect the PS3 when it was getting bashed by lemmings due to games not being on the PS3. This is a PS3 protection rule? I was here when it went down. Was it Casey?

SystemWars survival guide.

There is no such thing as "console exclusive" or "company exclusive." Console exclusive is a term coined by lemmings that used the Xbox 360/PC games as a means against the PS3. PC and Xbox brands are not "Microsoft Exclusive" as the PC is an open market in which even Sony (Playstation owner) distributes PCs. Furthermore, just because a game is Xbox One and Xbox 360, or PS3, PS4 and PSVita does not mean they are "exclusive." They are considered multiplatform games.

#46 Posted by Heil68 (42552 posts) -

Still not exclusive, which is ALL that matters.

#47 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42524 posts) -

@b4x: Rules were not implemented to protect any system. They were established to end the bickering from the cow camp with Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

#48 Posted by mbrockway (3345 posts) -

@lostrib said:

The PS3 version of Crysis 3 didn't have all the same effects still wasn't PC exclusive.

Oh god dangit, reading earlier posts made me think Forza on Xbone got rid of drivatars and microtransactions. On more relevant topic, is this an insidious indication that MS is changing the games in order to score more points on SW?

#49 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (3742 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:

Did the Crysis 3 effects impact the gameplay?

Also it didn't take much for the X360 and PS3 versions of NG games to be considered exclusive to their platforms, with differences that are less significant.

Than there was Ghost Recon or something.

-

Let's go over the known differences:

Physics (X1 version will be closer to FM5s with the option to go full sim. I can tell you as someone who has FM3, 4 and 5, the physics and ai on FM5 are vastly different to the previous gen)

Ai (Drivatars are a significant difference, 'insidesimracing' consider it a very welcome development)

Weather (impacting how you drive)

Seemless multiplayer (at the touch of a button, anytime, anyplace)

FH2 on 360 uses FH1 engine

FH2 on X1 uses the FM5 engine

"Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox 360 will be a "different game" to the Xbox One version and not a straight port, Playground Games has explained."

And that's just what we know so far.

#50 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12755 posts) -