Forza Horizon 2 Delveloper talk E3....DriveClub who :P

#251 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6064 posts) -

Not one mention of Flora and Fauna? How can FH2 compete? Simple answer: The racing game will have racing in it and be damn good at it.

#252 Posted by l34052 (3117 posts) -

You know this game has evolution shaking in its boots. FH2 could put DriveClubz into another delay or even full cancelation.

LOLOL the mind of some people LOLOL. If this is how they really think you have to wonder how they manage to get through the day every day....

#253 Posted by RedentSC (594 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

ewww, off screen footage

Let's see if the cows will notice this?

...how would they not notice it? You can see the TV and someone's hand shows up like 30 seconds into the video

Trust me.. This is system wars, watch for the judgmental comments not taking this into account. Wait for it... :P

Uh, isn't that pretty much what you do all the time?

Don't make me come over there? Do you always have to be a child in the threads I'm in?

One line wonder, It is going to be ok.. I promise :p

You're the one who usually acts like a child and throws a fit

or need I remind you of this:

"You're an idiot.....Fucking worthless fanboy. Go suck a graphics card t***. And pound some ram in your ass.

Butt-hurt? You weak fuck....Really?

Butt-hurt? I would beat the fuck out of you...Brain or brawn....My arms are as big as your legs chump."

(http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/so-much-to-know-about-all-you-can-do-halo-mc-colle-31368549/?page=3)

hahahahaha thats the funniest rage i've ever seen.... @b4x you need to grow up and stop throwing your none existant internet weight around.

Oh that made me chuckle i must admit :)

#254 Posted by Heil68 (43258 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@scottpsfan14: You forgot my edit. I'll help out.

EDIT: Just because DC lacks any NEXTGEN qualities. That's not FH2 fault. The DC guys just suck at making games? Hell how long has DC been in development hell?

Who determines what is a "NEXT GEN quality"?

If it's on his system of choice or not.

Says the guy buying DC and not FH2. :p

Well it is the true exclusive. Why would I buy a mulit plat for the Xbone?

#255 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7298 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

EDIT: Just because DC lacks any NEXTGEN qualities. That's not FH2 fault. The DC guys just suck at making games? Hell how long has DC been in development hell?

You keep saying that, how does a game being exclusive make it better? Should TLoU's score now be lowered since it is multiplat?

#256 Posted by Heil68 (43258 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

You keep saying that, how does a game being exclusive make it better? Should TLoU's score now be lowered since it is multiplat?

Easy, I dont need an Xbone to play it and thus SDC, thank you SONY.

#257 Posted by Guy_Brohski (281 posts) -

Both DC and FH2 look nice graphically, but FH2 just looks like more fun. I'm sure it will smash Driveclub ratings-wise too. Sales wise I don't know. F2P games are pretty hard to pass up, especially when your console doesn't have any other exclusive racing games to choose from...

#258 Edited by silversix_ (13916 posts) -
Lems after seeing weather effects of that 'lol 50 cars' game

#259 Posted by OhSnapitz (18028 posts) -

um.. NO! And I was a Big Forza supporter last gen..

#260 Posted by Heirren (16300 posts) -

I may end up getting an xbox one. I think the issue with these racing games are how they are structured--they're just lifeless.

#261 Posted by rell84 (224 posts) -

Driveclub makes dat sh*t look cartoonish

#262 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (997 posts) -

Don't care. Which one has more cars, more race types, more customization, and generally more fun?

#263 Posted by lglz1337 (3116 posts) -

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0YIx7IjVO_o

thread derailed in a great pure ownage way!

#264 Posted by HadOne2Many (1195 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0YIx7IjVO_o

thread derailed in a great pure ownage way!

You post this as if the Forza series doesn't have some of the best sounds in any racing game, ever. What exactly were you going for with that? It shows that the audio changes depending on your view. That isn't exactly new or ground breaking you know.

#265 Edited by delta3074 (17802 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Well DC is a true exclusive and Horizons 2 is not.

That depends, according to the developers themselves the games will be different, question is will they be different enough ,Ala MLB the show different, if they are then Forza horizon 2 on the Xbone WILL be an exclusive title

#266 Posted by B4X (3401 posts) -

Watch for ownage.....Features....my friend. A shit load of features own any, no sense of speed graphics based game racing game.

Tell me if DC does any of those things.....You can polish shit for a year my friend "9 Years in DC case"...It always comes up as one thing.

#267 Posted by sam890 (1057 posts) -

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

Watch for ownage.....Features....my friend. A shit load of features own any, no sense of speed graphics based game racing game.

Tell me if DC does any of those things.....You can polish shit for a year my friend "9 Years in DC case"...It always comes up as one thing.

Yuck

#268 Edited by Chutebox (36446 posts) -

@b4x: No sense of speed? Stop it.

#269 Posted by lostrib (33376 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Lol, have you seen this thread?

#270 Posted by Chutebox (36446 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Chutebox said:

Lol, have you seen this thread?

Very good point

#271 Posted by fgjnfgh (2627 posts) -

Here are my thoughts after I've seen a couple of videos on both games. Drive Club is a true next gem simulation racing game. The graphics are insane and it's the best graphics I've seen on a racing game. It's a simulation so it might get boring for some, but not me since I'll be playing online often. Forza Horizon 2, is an open world arcade racing game. Too many things to do and game play wise might be better than DC for some, but have you really seen the graphics? It felt so last gen. I'd still go for DC, but I really hope control is good there

#272 Posted by ButDuuude (415 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:
@b4x said:

@ButDuuude said:

The only racing games coming out this year that I care about are Driveclub and Project Cars.

Cow right, with no options?

And you wonder why people call you an idiot.

Have you read his post history? :p

lol go ahead and read my post history and compare it with b4x's.

#273 Posted by Shewgenja (8345 posts) -

Wow, who dug this old bone up from the backyard after that Driveclub reveal? LOLs

#274 Edited by handssss (1803 posts) -
@SolidTy said:

So, we are going to see a Forza annually now? I know it's two different developers and one game is more arcadey, but still. It's a Call of Duty situation?

2011 Forza 4

2012 Forza Horizon

2013 Forza 5

2014 Forza Horizon 2

2015 Forza 6?

2016 Forza Horizon 3

2017 Forza 7?...

----

EDIT: I found the answer from M$ themselves.

Motorsport will remain on an “every-two-years release schedule” as it has since the beginning of the franchise. By handing the development of Horizon to Playground it seems that Microsoft aims to have a new Forza title released every year, without making the sacrifices that are commonly seen in yearly franchises handled by one developer.

I guess the market is going to be saturated with Forza titles. It worked for platform agnostic Need for Speed. Interesting to see if this works for an exclusive title. I see with Forza Horizon 2, they plan on having it on 360 and Xbone.

said time and time again. COD of racers. At least this year, the fools that support this shit actually get last gen features like day/night and weather for their "sim" racer. Hopefully next year, the main devs don't take those things and the auction house away again.

#275 Posted by magicalclick (22386 posts) -

Can't wait to cruise around the city as the weather "gradually" change as it should.

#276 Posted by Guy_Brohski (281 posts) -

The only racing games coming out this year that I care about are Driveclub and Project Cars.

Linear racing games are sooo boring. Horizon 2 will be there to pick you up when you're feeling down, don't be afraid to jump in...

#277 Posted by always_explicit (2661 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@always_explicit said:

It looks like its going to be a great game. Personally id rather see another burnout but thats just my opinion

Driveclub will sell a lot of copies purely because the offerings on the PS4 are so slim currently...particularly with regard to racers. The Driveclub world seems a lot more dead than horizon 2.

You do realize the PS4 has more games than the X1 right

--

Anyway, looks fun. Though offscreen footage is never a great indicator of any game. IMO the official footage they released at E3, as short as it was, looked way better than this.

I never said it didnt have more games. I also added.... "particularly with regard to racers"

The offerings are slim on both consoles. I wasnt going down the fanboy route. Personally there isnt a single currently released title that appeals to me on the PS4 but that is largely irrelevant to the topic.

#278 Posted by blackace (20031 posts) -

@blackace said:

Lots and lots of meltdowns coming from Cows. I didn't really expect anything less on this site. lol!!

Hoizon 2 is just scratching the surface. Imagine what Forza 6 will look like in 2015-2016. Games running at 1080P - 30/60fps. What gap?

This argument wasn't about graphics. If it was then DriveClub is undeniably better. It was about what is the better game. But then they are different types of games that are not comparable.

I don't know which game is better. I haven't played either. Both games look great however. Anyone saying otherwise are just biased fanboys.

Even though @Heil68 is screaming how great DC is, we know he will get Horizon 2 as well. He has an XB1 and XBox 360. lol!!

#279 Posted by SolidTy (42128 posts) -

@handssss said:
@SolidTy said:

So, we are going to see a Forza annually now? I know it's two different developers and one game is more arcadey, but still. It's a Call of Duty situation?

2011 Forza 4

2012 Forza Horizon

2013 Forza 5

2014 Forza Horizon 2

2015 Forza 6?

2016 Forza Horizon 3

2017 Forza 7?...

----

EDIT: I found the answer from M$ themselves.

Motorsport will remain on an “every-two-years release schedule” as it has since the beginning of the franchise. By handing the development of Horizon to Playground it seems that Microsoft aims to have a new Forza title released every year, without making the sacrifices that are commonly seen in yearly franchises handled by one developer.

I guess the market is going to be saturated with Forza titles. It worked for platform agnostic Need for Speed. Interesting to see if this works for an exclusive title. I see with Forza Horizon 2, they plan on having it on 360 and Xbone.

said time and time again. COD of racers. At least this year, the fools that support this shit actually get last gen features like day/night and weather for their "sim" racer. Hopefully next year, the main devs don't take those things and the auction house away again.

...the auction house away again?

I didn't follow.

#280 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3298 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:
@b4x said:

@ButDuuude said:

Lol. B4X just blasts you with insults if you disagree with him. He also doesn't take into account what you say in an argument. It's fucking stupid really.

#281 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3298 posts) -
@blackace said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

Lots and lots of meltdowns coming from Cows. I didn't really expect anything less on this site. lol!!

Hoizon 2 is just scratching the surface. Imagine what Forza 6 will look like in 2015-2016. Games running at 1080P - 30/60fps. What gap?

This argument wasn't about graphics. If it was then DriveClub is undeniably better. It was about what is the better game. But then they are different types of games that are not comparable.

I don't know which game is better. I haven't played either. Both games look great however. Anyone saying otherwise are just biased fanboys.

Even though @Heil68 is screaming how great DC is, we know he will get Horizon 2 as well. He has an XB1 and XBox 360. lol!!

I own an Xbox 360, PS4, and PC, and am getting the ONE. So what does that make me?

#282 Edited by B4X (3401 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@ButDuuude said:

@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:
@b4x said:

@ButDuuude said:

Lol. B4X just blasts you with insults if you disagree with him. He also doesn't take into account what you say in an argument. It's fucking stupid really.

That's how you feel when you are trying to change my views on two games? I state my views. You try to persuade me towards your views. That does not mean I'm not taking into account your views / argument. That means I feel my views hold more merit. We will see who is right or wrong when the games release.

All your whole argument in this thread towards me is a feeble attempt to try and make me see something that I DO NOT SEE.

We will see who is right when the games release. /amiright?

As far as insults. You might want to go back and read your replies to me too. :P

#283 Edited by B4X (3401 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

Wow, who dug this old bone up from the backyard after that Driveclub reveal? LOLs

Driveclub looks amazing. Do looks make a great game?

You must follow both games? Since you can make a statements on the whole packages?

You are using 6 second gifs to judge DC vs FH2? The weather has no effects on the cars handling in those DC gifs?

Go back and look closely. There is zero traction loss.

#284 Posted by jsmoke03 (12618 posts) -

after seeing drive club, ehhh on the graphics. the rain looks ps2ish era.

and thats ms fault for still trying to put this game on the 360.

#285 Posted by Heil68 (43258 posts) -

@blackace said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

I wont buy Horizions2, still have 1st one in shrink wrap.

#286 Posted by blackace (20031 posts) -

@blackace said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

I own an Xbox 360, PS4, and PC, and am getting the ONE. So what does that make me?

A manticore, like myself. True Gamers play games on different platform and don't just favor one side. I can't wait for both of these games to be released.

#287 Posted by B4X (3401 posts) -

@Heil68: Is it taking awhile for your posts to show up?

#288 Edited by scottpsfan14 (3298 posts) -
@blackace said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

A manticore, like myself. True Gamers play games on different platform and don't just favor one side. I can't wait for both of these games to be released.

#289 Posted by blackace (20031 posts) -

@blackace said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

Believe what you want. I own all the systems as well, except for the Wii U, which I'll get next year.

http://www.splitreason.com/blog/img/gamer.gif

#290 Edited by scottpsfan14 (3298 posts) -
@blackace said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

Believe what you want. I own all the systems as well, except for the Wii U, which I'll get next year.

Nah. A cute li'l lemming is what you are. Aww.

#291 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

Both DC and FH2 look nice graphically, but FH2 just looks like more fun. I'm sure it will smash Driveclub ratings-wise too. Sales wise I don't know. F2P games are pretty hard to pass up, especially when your console doesn't have any other exclusive racing games to choose from...

Yeah, right now I do think both games are going to be great. If I had both systems I would buy both games. DC's graphics are fantastic, I just worry about its content. FH2 has the whole off-road thing that spices up every race as people go everywhere, plus the 200+ cars and size of the tracks makes for a great package. DC's gameplay looks solid from what I have seen, so both games should score well. I just think score wise content will determine over graphics which has the higher score. We'll see though.

#292 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

Yeah, right now I do think both games are going to be great. If I had both systems I would buy both games. DC's graphics are fantastic, I just worry about its content. FH2 has the whole off-road thing that spices up every race as people go everywhere, plus the 200+ cars and size of the tracks makes for a great package. DC's gameplay looks solid from what I have seen, so both games should score well. I just think score wise content will determine over graphics which has the higher score. We'll see though.

#293 Posted by inb4uall (5280 posts) -

@blackace said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

Straight from the SW survival guide.

• MANTICORES are those who support all systems. It's a rarely used term. They are called manticores because they are a mixture of a lot of animals. Now you see "multi-system owners" in place of this formerly common name, although don't be mistaken, a multi-system owner is not impartial towards all systems like a manticore.

You may be a multi-system owner but you are not a manticore. Not even close. You obviously are not impartial towards all systems.

#294 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3298 posts) -
@inb4uall said:

@blackace said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

Straight from the SW survival guide.

• MANTICORES are those who support all systems. It's a rarely used term. They are called manticores because they are a mixture of a lot of animals. Now you see "multi-system owners" in place of this formerly common name, although don't be mistaken, a multi-system owner is not impartial towards all systems like a manticore.

You may be a multi-system owner but you are not a manticore. Not even close. You obviously are not impartial towards all systems.

Egg zackly. He's a mad lemming.