Forza Horizon 2: 1080p/30 fps locked - confirmed

#101 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (5038 posts) -

To be fair what made it funny on Drive Club, was because the cows told us the PS4 was teh super powerful.

But 30fps isn't great for a racing game anyway. It's a sacrifice.

#102 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (5038 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

It is open world, but then so is NFS Rivals. So is PGR games on 360. All great games. It's quite funny how it was a problem when Driveclub was 30fps. I hope this doesn't become a trend though.

PGR games aren't open world. They're an arcade city race track thing. Racing games benefit from 60fps and its a shame when performance takes a back seat to graphics.

#103 Posted by gamevet77 (323 posts) -

I can't wait to play this. Loved the first one

#104 Posted by Batt1eRatt1e (116 posts) -

I'm happy! Flop Club is gonna need a "hearst" to haul it away!

#105 Posted by Chutebox (37941 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

All lems should pass on this game then since it's a mulitplat and it's running at only 30fps, since that's not acceptable in a racing game.

#106 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (15854 posts) -

Anyone else find it pretty interesting how they say the game will be displayed at 1080p, is that counting upscaling? I see no mention of rendering at that resolution.

#107 Edited by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -

LMAO! So much for 30FPS being shit. #TLHBO #hypocrites

#108 Posted by Bruin1986 (1338 posts) -

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Wow this really blew up in lem's faces.

BTW: we all knew Forza 5 was stripped down to run at 1080/60. That was obvious.

Do you realize how completely meaningless your second statement was?

ANY game that runs at 1080p/60fps would be "stripped down" in comparison to what the game could achieve if running at a lower resolution or frame rate.

Your statement essentially stated "the earth is round".

#109 Edited by Sagemode87 (1199 posts) -

@b4x: Not a lemming lmao, okay dude.

A quick look at your posting history shows you're a raging MS fanboy and felate them regularly. You're not fooling anyone.

#110 Posted by RR360DD (12948 posts) -

I wonder what tomato has to say about this after he tired his tiny little brain out defending Delayclubs 30FPS.

#111 Posted by Indicud (745 posts) -

@RR360DD: you'd have a point if Forza Horizon looked better than even Need For Speed.

#112 Posted by _SWAG_ (2658 posts) -

lulz xbone can't do 60fps like sony could easily

#113 Posted by RR360DD (12948 posts) -

@Indicud said:

@RR360DD: you'd have a point if Forza Horizon looked better than even Need For Speed.

Forza horizon was one of the best looking games of last gen, so I've no doubt in my mind FH2 will look better than NFS.

Please try harder

#114 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8651 posts) -

1080p/30fps sounds like the perfect match for this dynamic, open world racer. All this done without a delay. Sony should just cancel LameClub at this point and save face.

#115 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8651 posts) -

@_SWAG_: which game is Sony doing 60fps on so easily oh boggled cow?

#116 Posted by xhawk27 (7456 posts) -

The most important feature..........1080p right Sony fanboys!

#117 Posted by chernoalpha527 (169 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

All lems should pass on this game then since it's a mulitplat and it's running at only 30fps, since that's not acceptable in a racing game.

But 30 FPS is only acceptable in Driveclub right?

#118 Edited by stereointegrity (10793 posts) -

loved all the bull shots shown so far

#119 Posted by tormentos (19613 posts) -

Butbutbut Drive club downgrade...lol

Butbutbut Racing games most be 1080p 60 FPS,so yeah i was right now Forza Horizon 2 will use dynamic lighting so yeah is now more about visuals than frames..

Drive Club vindicated .....

I was going to say in before 1080p 30FPS is fine but i know i arrived late on this thread..lol

@b4x said:

Drive Club and Forza Horizon 2. Are two different games.

One is OPEN world. Other is static track.

The debates will be sweet.

Yeah specially when Drive Club does everything dynamic not just lighting,and look mind blowing great.

@FastRobby said:

Aw sweet, the cows saying it was going to be sub 1080p, put in their place again. Microsoft owning it

Incredible how hypocrisy level on this thread,yeah lets forget all the sh** you people pull on the whole 60FPS,and how it was need it for a racing game..lol

The argument wasn't 1080p it was 60FPS which Horizon fail to achieve..lol

@b4x said:

@lglz1337 said:

so lemmings what now ?

Not a lemming, but I would love to answer this.

Horizon 1 was a great game. DC at last years e3 was horse shit?

One is open world. One is static. 1080p 30fps.

Hype might be more deserving for one over the other, considering track records? Pardon the pun.

Blackace melting down again...lol

#120 Posted by tormentos (19613 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@lglz1337 said:

so lemmings what now ?

Shouldn't you be asking cows now what since it's 1080p and cows are running around like idiots claiming XOne can't do 1080p?

I guess Forza 5 was 720p right.?

We know it can do 1080p since launch it has done it,but under what condition is the real question after all the flames DC got for been 30FPS i guess lemming most go low voice on this one..

@blackace said:

@Heil68 said:

So you're not getting Drive Club which runs at 1080p 30fps? Say it isn't so.

**********************************************************************************************************************

@NFJSupreme said:

Just like drive club.

I don't think Drive Club is an "Open World" driving game. Big difference.

Hahahaha after all the flames you have done to DC now 30FPS is fine..hahahahahaa

Drive club is an open world game,you go on a long road,and you are not tied to circle the same small part 3 or 4 times like in Forza 5,lets wait and see how open the game really is,i don't think you will be running in the middle of the forest with a Ferrari...

@blackace said:

I remember cows bashing every game on the XB1 that was running at 30fps. lol!! Then they praised Drive Club. Cows shouldn't buy Drive Club then. I have no problem with it. The original Horizon game was excellent. This one will be even better with weather conditions.Horizon 2 will have more cars then DC, so it already has a one_up on that game. I'm getting them both though, so I'll do a comparison.

Nice spin bro don't be a freaking liar,you know damn well teh whole Forza 1080p 60FPS crap was a cape and spade of you people,using it all the time to try to imply that the xbox one could do it while teh PS4 could not..

Once again Forza 5 had to give up everything is was basically a last gen game in 1080p 60FPS period..lol

And now that Horizon 2 will have weather,dynamic light and day to night yeah is 30FPS time..lol

Enjoy...

@TwistedShade said:

Poor cows. Claim the PS4 is vastly powerful compared to the Xbox One only to have Forza and Drive Club match up in terms of Resolution and FPS. Of course Forza is an open-world game so being able to do 30FPS/1080p on it compared to Drive Club which isn't open world is hilarious.

Resolution = Frames = Visual fidelity.? Yeah that is not equal on both games because the PS4 has more power,oh Drive Club isn't and enclosed game so you and the rest of teh lemming riding the whole open should stop DC is an open road game where you race on very long distances,is not your circle around the track 3 times like Forza 5 is or GT for that matter.

@FastRobby said:

@Indicud said:

30 fps and it doesn't look even look half as good as DriveClub, what a joke.

It looks much better, dumb cow, and it's open world. DC is the biggest joke of the PS4 line-up

In your fantasy Island it does..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#121 Posted by Heil68 (46421 posts) -

@chernoalpha527 said:

@Heil68 said:

But 30 FPS is only acceptable in Driveclub right?

Nope, I never said that, just pointing out some peoples views on 30fps in a racing game. In SONY's offering it wasn;t acceptable so it shouldn't be in this game either, don't you think?

#122 Posted by sailor232 (5007 posts) -

Id rather have the game at 720p and running at 60fps, there has to be a reason they went 1080p at 30fps. Look at Mario Kart 4 players 30fps vs its single player at 60fps and it is a massive improvement.

#123 Edited by UnbiasedPoster (1105 posts) -

@Bruin1986 said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Wow this really blew up in lem's faces.

BTW: we all knew Forza 5 was stripped down to run at 1080/60. That was obvious.

Do you realize how completely meaningless your second statement was?

ANY game that runs at 1080p/60fps would be "stripped down" in comparison to what the game could achieve if running at a lower resolution or frame rate.

Your statement essentially stated "the earth is round".

Stripped down in the sense of 1) what we previously saw before release and 2) things previous Forza games.

Thanks for shit posting though.

#124 Edited by gpuking (3046 posts) -

Lets see if FH can do 1 million+ 3d trees, all 3d crowds, shadow casting headlights and a dynamic global illumination system with good AA.

#125 Posted by lundy86_4 (44017 posts) -

@_SWAG_ said:

lulz xbone can't do 60fps like sony could easily

Stop talking.

#126 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@gpuking: When you have a mediocre collision and physics engine and jags that could saw logs. Any thing is possible?

Let us see if DC can pull a 7.0 in score first?

I'll bet money it's a 7 meta.

Can you say the same about FH2? I can't.

#127 Posted by kingtito (5156 posts) -

I guess you're an idiot? I wasn't the one running around saying the XOne couldn't do 1080p moron. You and your fellow cows were even though Forza 5 was mentioned several times.

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

@lglz1337 said:

so lemmings what now ?

Shouldn't you be asking cows now what since it's 1080p and cows are running around like idiots claiming XOne can't do 1080p?

We know it can do 1080p since launch it has done it,but under what condition is the real question after all the flames DC got for been 30FPS i guess lemming most go low voice on this one..

#128 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

@b4x: Not a lemming lmao, okay dude.

A quick look at your posting history shows you're a raging MS fanboy and felate them regularly. You're not fooling anyone.

Do a hard look. I like both companies. Hard to grasp isn't it?

#129 Posted by stereointegrity (10793 posts) -

the epic FORZA 5 Downgrade.....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=90611423

#130 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (15854 posts) -

@stereointegrity said:

lmao, such a classic.

#131 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (9643 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@stereointegrity said:

lmao, such a classic.

Do you get off to it?

#132 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (2206 posts) -

wasn't forza 5 60 fps?

#134 Posted by BldgIrsh (2989 posts) -

Ahh... so its happening. 30 FPS next-gen games. Woohoo...

#135 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (15854 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@stereointegrity said:

lmao, such a classic.

Do you get off to it?

It is pretty erotic.

#136 Posted by handssss (1898 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

1080p/30fps sounds like the perfect match for this dynamic, open world racer. All this done without a delay. Sony should just cancel LameClub at this point and save face.

yep. no delays, just a yearly release with the big excitement for this title stemming from the fact that it's merely bringing back all these things and features that last year's game removed.

#137 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9467 posts) -

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

Great. Now when the inevitable DriveClub/Horizon 2 comparison come out lems won't hide behind the 'our game runs in 60fps and that's more important than graphics *even tho their game looks like something released on 360 in 2010*'

The open world vs. static track is always open for debate. Expect it.

Corridor racer vs. open world at same resolution and FPS.

This should get interesting.

Drive Club will undoubtedly look way better though.

#138 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9467 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@Indicud said:

30 fps and it doesn't look even look half as good as DriveClub, what a joke.

It looks much better, dumb cow, and it's open world. DC is the biggest joke of the PS4 line-up

Open world doesn't make it look better, idiot. Drive Club will have more detailed cars, better lightning and better dynamic weather. If Forza Horizon 2 is 1080p it guaranteed to have some shit-tier aliasing going on as well a lots of pop-in.

I will go record saying I don't necessarily think DC will the better racing game, but it will have the better visuals and this point of this topic. Funny the lems don't care about graphics until one of their games hits 1080p. Doesn't matter that Sunset Overdrive is sub-1080p, but ANOTHER Forza being 1080p is brag worthy.

#140 Edited by xhawk27 (7456 posts) -

@gpuking said:

Lets see if FH can do 1 million+ 3d trees, all 3d crowds, shadow casting headlights and a dynamic global illumination system with good AA.

You Sony fanboys are truly stupid! hahahahah sure it does! hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

You haven't even seen FH2 yet and claim Delayclub is better!

#141 Posted by kuu2 (7785 posts) -

Revisionist history and selective memory for Cows.

1080p and 60fps is essential until you don't have retail exclusive that can do it.

#142 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8651 posts) -

Cows keep comparing this to Forza 5. Don't. Horizon is open world. Hence the 30fps

#143 Posted by tormentos (19613 posts) -

@b4x said:

@gpuking: When you have a mediocre collision and physics engine and jags that could saw logs. Any thing is possible?

Have you even play DC.?

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Lets see if Forza Horizon can pull a 7 now,remember Forza Horizon isn't a 90+ series,it has 85% on Meta,and last Forza has 79%,when Forza 4 has 90%.

DC look incredible stop your damage control.

@kingtito said:

I guess you're an idiot? I wasn't the one running around saying the XOne couldn't do 1080p moron. You and your fellow cows were even though Forza 5 was mentioned several times.

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

@lglz1337 said:

so lemmings what now ?

The xbox one has been doing 1080p since launch you hypocrite fanboy,period there are 1080p games since launch,and the argument was 1080p 60 FPS and how the PS4 could not do it and the xbox one could.hahahaha

Funny enough the PS4 has more 1080p 60FPS games now than the xbox one,you people had been riding Forza 1080p 60 FPS since MS claim 1080p 60FPS..

@FastRobby said:

@gpuking said:

Well it is an open world game, not just a race track... Big difference. But the lightning should be insane (if we can believe the developers), it has dynamic global illumination and AA, it is 1080p, but we'll see tomorrow, when we have first gameplay video from ign

So is Drive Club is not race track enclosed..

@kuu2 said:

1080p and 60fps is essential until you don't have retail exclusive that can do it.

Yet all the multiplatforms that do it are inferior on xbox one..

Tomb Raider 1080p 60FPS on PS4 1080p 30FPS on xbox one.

Ghost 1080pl 60 FPS on PS4,720p 60 FPS on xbox one. lol

BF4 90p 60 FPS on PS4,720p 60 FPS on xbox one.

MGS5 1080p 60 FPS with dynamic sky,720p 60 FPS no dynamic sky.

This ^^^ is a sorry ass ownage..

Again after all the sh** you hypocrites played on DC is super fun seeing you act like 1080p 30FPS is ok,after all the xbox one can do 1080p 60 FPS,and even now on this post you try to imply that there are no 1080p 60 FPS on PS4 by hiding on exclusives..hahahaa

Like if the game listed up there ^^ where not 1080p 60 almost all of them...lol

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows keep comparing this to Forza 5. Don't. Horizon is open world. Hence the 30fps

So is Drive Club is not race track enclose like Forza 5..lol

The only difference is that Drive club from teh start was shooting for greatness visually,while Forza aimed at mediocrity first,even turn 10 admit Forza 4 had no dynamic weather and day to nigh changes because of the frames been king..hahaha

Same reason why Forza 5 has everything baked,and same reason now why turn 10 has to go 30FPS,because the xbox one can't use next gen effects and stay at 60..lol

#144 Edited by GoldenElementXL (3692 posts) -

So 30 fps is OK for a racing game if it's open world? That seems like a strange move of the goal post. Maybe Lems shouldn't have hit Drive Club so hard for being 30. Then again maybe Cows shouldn't hype Drive Club too much. You would think they would have learned from Killzone and Infamous.

#146 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8651 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@b4x said:

Have you even play DC.?

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Lets see if Forza Horizon can pull a 7 now,remember Forza Horizon isn't a 90+ series,it has 85% on Meta,and last Forza has 79%,when Forza 4 has 90%.

DC look incredible stop your damage control.

@kingtito said:

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

@lglz1337 said:

so lemmings what now ?

The xbox one has been doing 1080p since launch you hypocrite fanboy,period there are 1080p games since launch,and the argument was 1080p 60 FPS and how the PS4 could not do it and the xbox one could.hahahaha

Funny enough the PS4 has more 1080p 60FPS games now than the xbox one,you people had been riding Forza 1080p 60 FPS since MS claim 1080p 60FPS..

@FastRobby said:

@gpuking said:

Well it is an open world game, not just a race track... Big difference. But the lightning should be insane (if we can believe the developers), it has dynamic global illumination and AA, it is 1080p, but we'll see tomorrow, when we have first gameplay video from ign

So is Drive Club is not race track enclosed..

@kuu2 said:

Yet all the multiplatforms that do it are inferior on xbox one..

Tomb Raider 1080p 60FPS on PS4 1080p 30FPS on xbox one.

Ghost 1080pl 60 FPS on PS4,720p 60 FPS on xbox one. lol

BF4 90p 60 FPS on PS4,720p 60 FPS on xbox one.

MGS5 1080p 60 FPS with dynamic sky,720p 60 FPS no dynamic sky.

This ^^^ is a sorry ass ownage..

Again after all the sh** you hypocrites played on DC is super fun seeing you act like 1080p 30FPS is ok,after all the xbox one can do 1080p 60 FPS,and even now on this post you try to imply that there are no 1080p 60 FPS on PS4 by hiding on exclusives..hahahaa

Like if the game listed up there ^^ where not 1080p 60 almost all of them...lol

@FoxbatAlpha said:

So is Drive Club is not race track enclose like Forza 5..lol

The only difference is that Drive club from teh start was shooting for greatness visually,while Forza aimed at mediocrity first,even turn 10 admit Forza 4 had no dynamic weather and day to nigh changes because of the frames been king..hahaha

Same reason why Forza 5 has everything baked,and same reason now why turn 10 has to go 30FPS,because the xbox one can't use next gen effects and stay at 60..lol

Christ I swear you are braindead. DriveClub is 30fps and not open world and you tell me Horizon is at 30fps LOCKED (Which is open world with weather). You make no goddamn sense whatsoever. By the way Turn 10 doesn't work on Horizon.

You also say DriveClubz went for greatness from the start? ROFL and all they got was their 30fps (not locked either). Forza 5 is 60fps so stay owned for a while.

#148 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8651 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Christ I swear you are braindead. DriveClub is 30fps and not open world and you tell me Horizon is at 30fps LOCKED (Which is open world with weather). You make no goddamn sense whatsoever. By the way Turn 10 doesn't work on Horizon.

You also say DriveClubz went for greatness from the start? ROFL and all they got was their 30fps (not locked either). Forza 5 is 60fps so stay owned for a while.

Yeah but Forza 5 has cardboard audience, which is super important when you drive by at 200 mph - cow logic...

Damn good point. Kinda like "bu but DriveClub has prettier trees" Which means so much at 200 mph when the only thing you are focused on is the guys bumper in front of you.

#149 Edited by cimbom1993 (59 posts) -
Some pics to refresch our memory.

#150 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

lol lems still damage controlling, i told u months ago u will be eating crow because forza horizon will be 30fps but nope u didnt want to listen, to busy calling driveclub shit because its 30fps