Forza 5 Update Makes DLC Cars Available Right Away

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

A letter from Turn 10 creative director Dan Greenwalt explains that with today's update, DLC cars will be added to your garage immediately, without the need to purchase them separately. This update is both retroactive and will apply going forward, so any future purchases of season passes, car packs, or single-serving DLC cars will be added to your garage as well. The update also makes all of the initial cars included in the game available as rentals.

Previously, cars would be purchased with real money, which would then make them available to unlock with in-game currency. Sets like the recent Alpinestars Pack would usually include one car unlocked from the start, with the other nine available to unlock using the currency. Some fans initially expressed dissatisfaction with purchasing the car twice. Turn 10 subsequently softened the blow with an update in December that increased in-game funds and dropped prices in general, but kept the two-tiered DLC system intact. Today's update finally changes it to a more traditional a la carte model.

HELP ME SYSTEM WARS I CAN'T GET OUT OF THIS BOX NOW THAT I INSERTED IT

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Well anyways I'll post here since GameSpot's new posting format is shit, I think it's pretty damn good that Turn 10 out of all developers found a way to convince Microsoft or even themselves the way content was restrained from customers who weren't willing to spend past the initial $60 wasn't cool.

Good shit guys. How is Forza 5? The last game I played in the series (and only one) was Forza Horizon and while it was fun and pretty, it got boring really fast.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Forza? More like Fartza lol gg owned Microsoft git wrekt son, blabadon sux

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Blab, you double carriage return then click the quote button again.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

That's good news. At least I'll have all those cars from the first 2 car packs in my garage now. I don't have to earn money and buy them in the game. I haven't played Forza 5 for awhile. Been too busy playing South Park & Titanfall. I just started Infamous SS. I think I'll be playing all 4 of these games over the weekend.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

Turn 10, Where the Hell is the nurburgring, Thank you.