Forza 2 gonna pwn other racers in the casual department

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ultimas_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ultimas_Blade
Member since 2004 • 3671 Posts

Since Forza is gonna have its own show on SPEEDtv, Forza stands to grab a whole lot more casuals this time around.  We'll see what this means for other series (GT and PGR specifically).

Link

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
1 million sales for the original isn't that much.

I personally think it will sell around the same...they should have change the title and not have a "2" in it.
OXIIIIXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 OXIIIIXO
Member since 2006 • 2337 Posts
SpeedTv? :?
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts
SpeedTv? :?OXIIIIXO

A channel for people that like cars, IDK I find it a boring channel but will be buying Forza 2!
Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts
Forza will pwn regardless!
Ultimas_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ultimas_Blade
SpeedTv? :?OXIIIIXO
What's your point? Casuals watch it. It may not be that great of a channel (I only watch it for SuperBikes, motorcycles pwn all :lol: ) but a whole lot of casuals watch it. So much so, Microsoft was sponsoring NOPI Tunervision last time I checked with the XBOX 360 branding.
Ultimas_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ultimas_Blade

I personally think it will sell around the same...they should have change the title and not have a "2" in it.
the-very-best
You seem like you know so I'll ask, how did the other series sell with their previous incarnations?
St_JimmyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 St_JimmyX
Member since 2006 • 3061 Posts
Burnout will problably win since its multiplat
OXIIIIXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OXIIIIXO

[QUOTE="OXIIIIXO"]SpeedTv? :?Ultimas_Blade
What's your point? Casuals watch it. It may not be that great of a channel (I only watch it for SuperBikes, motorcycles pwn all :lol: ) but a whole lot of casuals watch it. So much so, Microsoft was sponsoring NOPI Tunervision last time I checked with the XBOX 360 branding.

Casuals only watch Real World on MTV, it's a medical fact.

/thread

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
[QUOTE="the-very-best"]1 million sales for the original isn't that much.

Ultimas_Blade
You seem like you know so I'll ask, how did the other series sell with their previous incarnations?

GT series has sold over 55 million worldwide and GT3 was the best selling game of last gen with 14.5 million sales.

PGR sells better than Forza, which each version in the series selling about 2 million.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
The show will definitely help sales of Forza 2. Anyone who denies this is blowing smoke to hide their shame. It challenges the viewer of the program to play the game so he can be "better" than his favorite character. Its a brilliant marketing ploy. SPEED television shows some pretty cool old movies. Some are super cheesy but classic none the less and others are just pure classic (the getaway with steve mcqueen).
Ultimas_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ultimas_Blade

[QUOTE="Ultimas_Blade"][QUOTE="OXIIIIXO"]SpeedTv? :?OXIIIIXO

/thread

... Wow, you've totally missed the point. You try to end my thread with useless drivel. How about sharing a valid opinion on the subject.
OXIIIIXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OXIIIIXO
[QUOTE="OXIIIIXO"]

[QUOTE="Ultimas_Blade"][QUOTE="OXIIIIXO"]SpeedTv? :?Ultimas_Blade

/thread

... Wow, you've totally missed the point. You try to end my thread with useless drivel. How about sharing a valid opinion on the subject.

NO, YOU MISSED MY POINT! owned

My, point is that most casuals don't watch speedtv, yes there are a few and yes some might go out and get Forza 2, but I don't think it's gonna be that manny to make a big difference

Ultimas_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ultimas_Blade
[QUOTE="Ultimas_Blade"][QUOTE="OXIIIIXO"]

[QUOTE="Ultimas_Blade"][QUOTE="OXIIIIXO"]SpeedTv? :?OXIIIIXO

/thread

My, point is that most casuals don't watch speedtv, yes there are a few and yes some might go out and get Forza 2, but I don't think it's gonna be that manny to make a big difference

You say MOST casuals, ie most non gamers that don't care about much cars (your MTV comment). I was talking about the group of non gamers who like cars, some enough to watch a channel that shows nothing but the stuff. There is no ownage to claim. You fail. This show will be another place to showcase the game to people who like cars. The other series won't have nearly as much air time and will only reach tv on commercials, game reviews, and other spots where it will only see less then 2 mins maximum. Forza has 30 mins of time to get in about 3-4 ads for the game itself, not to mention the show itself may be enough to spark interest.
Avatar image for Some_Republican
Some_Republican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Some_Republican
Member since 2006 • 1009 Posts
ur logic fails since speed does not cater to casuals at all
OXIIIIXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 OXIIIIXO
[QUOTE="OXIIIIXO"][QUOTE="Ultimas_Blade"][QUOTE="OXIIIIXO"]

[QUOTE="Ultimas_Blade"][QUOTE="OXIIIIXO"]SpeedTv? :?Ultimas_Blade

/thread

You say MOST casuals, ie most non gamers that don't care about much cars (your MTV comment). I was talking about the group of non gamers who like cars, some enough to watch a channel that shows nothing but the stuff. There is no ownage to claim. You fail. This show will be another place to showcase the game to people who like cars. The other series won't have nearly as much air time and will only reach tv on commercials, game reviews, and other spots where it will only see less then 2 mins maximum. Forza has 30 mins of time to get in about 3-4 ads for the game itself, not to mention the show itself may be enough to spark interest.

Ok, next time say it like that, don't lable them as casuals, yet.

Ultimas_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ultimas_Blade

Ok, next time say it like that, don't lable them as casuals, yet.OXIIIIXO
Thought it was implicit. You know, game w/cars, channel w/cars, and a show w/cars that has the same name as a game...casuals that would watch the show..... Do you see where that is going? And what was the 'yet' for?

BTW that was not a stab at you.

OXIIIIXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 OXIIIIXO

[QUOTE="OXIIIIXO"]Ok, next time say it like that, don't lable them as casuals, yet.Ultimas_Blade

Thought it was implicit. You know, game w/cars, channel w/cars, and a show w/cars that has the same name as a game...casuals that would watch the show..... Do you see where that is going? And what was the 'yet' for?

BTW that was not a stab at you.

Go read your posts again, you labled them as casuals.

I think that first time gamers are more likly to become casuals than anything else, that's all.

CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts

the-very-best

WTF? 1 million is great for a 1st game in the series. And Forza was the best racer last gen for consoles. Why would they change the name?