forbes thinks Microsoft Should Give XBox One To Nintendo

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kemar7856 (11507 posts) -

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2014/02/18/microsoft-should-give-xbox-one-to-nintendo/

#2 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14084 posts) -

I wonder what it's like over in Redmond right now, they've been getting hit hard from all angles.

#3 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

That would be a double fail...

#4 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

Nintendo already has one failing console why would they want a failing TV box?

#5 Edited by aroxx_ab (9817 posts) -

Interesting read even tho i not agree something good can come from give Xbox to Nintendo. I agree with that MS should move out from console business tho...

#6 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26708 posts) -

*laughs like mad*

#7 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7393 posts) -

The biggest pro to Nintendo buying Xbox would be regaining Rare, but I think that's about where it ends. The Xbox One is hemorrhaging cash and the Xbox division of Microsoft hasn't managed to claw itself out of the deep red trench since its inception. Nintendo doesn't need, nor can it afford to deal with such a dysfunctional business unit. They have enough on their plate as it is.

#8 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

So the 2nd biggest failure in the gaming industry should hand themselves over to the 1st biggest failure in the gaming industry? How does that make sense?

#9 Posted by MBirdy88 (8223 posts) -

despite the idiots in the thread hating.... this would be an amazing move if pulled off correctly.

Best online infastructure, many features, not ridiculously far apart from PS4 in graphics capability.

Mario and freinds on an xbox one? with xbox live's online capabilities... with normal GOOD controllers. and well, for nintendo to utilise kinect better in games like mario party.

count me in.

better than the current situation on both fronts.

If that merger happened. it could beat the PS4. I would have no doubt of that.

#10 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9753 posts) -

Nintendo wouldnt even know what to do with it.

#11 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4746 posts) -

Why to write articles about things that will never happen ? It's like saying "Hey. I don't like how you decorated your house. Why don't you give away your house to that stranger. "

#12 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

The biggest pro to Nintendo buying Xbox would be regaining Rare, but I think that's about where it ends. The Xbox One is hemorrhaging cash and the Xbox division of Microsoft hasn't managed to claw itself out of the deep red trench since its inception. Nintendo doesn't need, nor can it afford to deal with such a dysfunctional business unit. They have enough on their plate as it is.

Xbox Is operating in the black and has for the last 4 years. Its drawing closer to a profit, and the One isn't losing anything per purchase. Honestly, neither the PS3, 360, or Wii-U has made an overall profit. But Xbox is operating in the black now so the ships been righted in that regard.

#13 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

LAWLS like that will happen lol. COME ON who ever wrote that needs be fired for writing stupid shit.

I find it funny that these websites claim xbox is dead. Sure ps4 is outselling it but look at the price... of course it's going sell better. x1 on it's way to out sell wii u in NA, and on a path to even outsell wii u all together.

#14 Posted by Zaibach (13449 posts) -

Forbes says a lot of things

when did they become an authority on gaming anyway?

#15 Edited by jsmoke03 (12900 posts) -

that would be nice since the two companies strengths would overcome the weaknesses....however i feel like nintendo would actually lose out on this. xbox would sap out all the charm of ninty franchises (wouldnt be a problem for me though, im not that big of a mario fan )

#16 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (27761 posts) -

@Zaibach said:

Forbes says a lot of things

when did they become an authority on gaming anyway?

Forbes absolutely does not say that or any of the articles people post on them. It would be like you posting a blog on here and someone saying "Gamespot says". All these articles are just bloggers on the Forbes site and will be locked if misrepresented as such.

Even the blurb on the side states: "The author is a Forbes contributor. The opinions expressed are those of the writer."