Forbes - "PS4 has a games problem"

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

According to Forbes:

"I’ve had some time with the PS4′s launch lineup. Anemic would be the word. It’s a slick machine just brimming with potential, but I haven’t seen anything make much of an effort to use it yet. The machine launches with five games that you won’t be able to play anywhere else — Killzone: Shadow Fall, Knack, Resogun, Contrast and Playroom. Playroom is really more of a tech demo than a game, and Resogun and Contrast are perfectly enjoyable downloadable titles that, while pretty, don’t quite justify the $400."

OUCH!!!

So basically the PS4 isn't worth the $400 price yet. The WiiU even had New Super Mario Bros U, Darksiders 2, ZombiU, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Skylanders Giants and Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, that justified the $350 or $299 price of it but apparently the PS4 has nothing yet that justifies it's purchase.

So is Forbes lost their accreditation now or is their statement respectable?

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

People that treat indie games like secondhand citizens are dumb

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

@nini200: It's a blog post by a contributor on Forbes. Not sure how much credibility it really has TBH. Just an opinion piece.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Well the article is right. Shadowfall is a pretty pile of shit. KZ 2 and 3 were better. Knack is better than the scores say it is (Like Ryse) but not a system seller at all. Contrast is lame and Resogun while good is way over-rated. I have never seen a game get so much love because of particle effects. Other than that the game is basically Galaga. (Nothing wrong with that though.)

None of the F2P games are worth playing right now but Planetside 2 will be a big win when it finally comes out.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@nini200 said:

The machine launches with five games that you won’t be able to play anywhere else — Killzone: Shadow Fall, Knack, Resogun, Contrastand Playroom.

lol wut? At least use a source that knows what they're talking about. Contrast is on 4 different platforms

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

They really list the Playroom?

Weird.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nini200

@mems_1224 said:

@nini200 said:

The machine launches with five games that you won’t be able to play anywhere else — Killzone: Shadow Fall, Knack, Resogun, Contrastand Playroom.

lol wut? At least use a source that knows what they're talking about. Contrast is on 4 different platforms

Lol it burrrrnnnnssssss

@freedomfreak said:

They really list the Playroom?

Weird.

Yeah I thought that too but I guess they are weird and weird is weird unless you're weird then weird is normal ^_^

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Man I know the one place I go for honest reviews I can "trust" is forbes...lol.

/sarcasm

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
@nini200 said:

Lol it burrrrnnnnssssss

Yeah I thought that too but I guess they are weird and weird is weird unless you're weird then weird is normal ^_^

You got me there, nini :scratch:

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nini200

@freedomfreak said:
@nini200 said:

Lol it burrrrnnnnssssss

You got me there, nini

You know what will make this forbes ownage of the cows even more awesome freedomfreak? A BUNNY PARTY!!!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
@nini200 said:

You know what will make this forbes ownage of the cows even more awesome freedomfreak? A BUNNY PARTY!!!

Well, freedomfreak never says no to a bunny party :dreamy:

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

this is something that we already knew. Only cows deny that there are no games play. They are happy paying $400 to play a sidescroller. Me I'll just wait till march it looks like. But don't get it twisted the xbone isn't in a better position either. I'll give them forza 5 i guess but $500 to play Forza? No if you bought a xbone at launch it's because you wanted to voice control your tv. But I guess lems can enjoy tv tv tv while they wait for games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

They all have a games problem.

stick with your ps3 or pc and your a winner.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nini200

@NFJSupreme said:

this is something that we already knew. Only cows deny that there are no games play. They are happy paying $400 to play a sidescroller. Me I'll just wait till march it looks like. But don't get it twisted the xbone isn't in a better position either. I'll give them forza 5 i guess but $500 to play Forza? No if you bought a xbone at launch it's because you wanted to voice control your tv. But I guess lems can enjoy tv tv tv while they wait for games.

I agree with this. I'm really waiting on the next King of Fighters or Virtua Fighter before I get mine. I'm a huge fighting game fan. Yeah X1 really is no better at the moment but I must say, I do like the upcoming X1 titles better. Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall and Plants Vs Zombies looks like alot of fun. I want Destiny on PS4 but only if I can use a Keyboard and Mouse. Not sure if you can yet though.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

What's funny is IGN wrote an article saying the PelayStation having no games for their launch console was a strategic stroke of genius.

Forbes actually is unbiased and tells it like it is.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

I simply don't know why all of the haters focus solely on the exclusives when talking about games quantities on the X1 or PS4. I bought a PS4 at launch and am playing and enjoying KZSF, Knack and Resogun as exclusives, but I am also playing superior versions of CoD Ghosts, AC Black Flag, NFS Rivals, Madden 25 and NBA 2K14 when compared to 360 and PS3 versions. So my launch purchase is justified. Its not like those games wont keep me plenty entertained until Infamous and Drive Club come out in March. Plus who knows what is coming soon from the indie scene! Anyone who judges a console based on launch offerings is a complete idiot!!

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kuu2

@MBirdy88 said:

This is the other BS argument. 'Because Sony has no games neither does anyone else.'

I have been playing KI and having tons of fun and there will be plenty of elements of the game that will be copied by future fighters. Forza is a AAAe that again innovates in many ways including the incredible drivatar feature. DR3 is one of the funniest games around with its openess.

Ryse..............well it looks good lulz.

brut_fruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By brut_fruit
Member since 2006 • 125 Posts

*mentions last gen multiplats for wii eww and leaves out ps4 multiplats*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@kuu2 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

This is the other BS argument. 'Because Sony has no games neither does anyone else.'

I have been playing KI and having tons of fun and there will be plenty of elements of the game that will be copied by future fighters. Forza is a AAAe that again innovates in many ways including the incredible drivatar feature. DR3 is one of the funniest games around with its openess.

Whatever, a mediocre fight (I'd rather buy a wii u for smash bros) or play Street Fighter. Ugh, forza "half the content, double the dlc edition" and yet another racer... as if they are rare anyway.

Both suck. the only console finally getting there is the wii-u but it is hard to justify for the price.

360 has had nothing for years.

PC or PS3 = win.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nini200

@brut_fruit said:

Lol oh wow you're right!!! Thanks. Let me adjust that for you. Done. PS4 still not worth the purchase yet. Ouch

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

Lol, buying a console for its launch line up... Go away Forbes

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

PC + PS4 is a great combo for me. I get the absolute best in gaming and I also get the promise of more excellent games once the PS4 really starts rolling the games out. It's only a win-win situation for me.

brut_fruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 brut_fruit
Member since 2006 • 125 Posts

@nini200 said:

@brut_fruit said:

Lol oh wow you're right!!! Thanks. Let me adjust that for you. Done. PS4 still not worth the purchase yet. Ouch

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts

@Capitan_Kid:

Certainly they aren't second hand games, but I'm not buying a system as powerful as the Playstation 4 just to play indie games. That can be done on the PS3, or the 3DS for that matter. It needs more truly next gen exclusive games IMHO in order for me to be interested in it, and I believe it will at some point. Just not right now. Microsoft's showing looks better to me right now.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nini200

@brut_fruit said:

@nini200 said:

@brut_fruit said:

Another cow bites the dust LOL

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Neither the X1 or PS4 have a single title I give a shit about at the moment, announced or otherwise.

It's only worth it to be an early adopter if you're into CoD/BF or racing games.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

PS3 has plenty. Will get my PS4 in 2015 when AAA games are out

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

Out of the 3 next gen consoles, I found the PS4 to be the most worthwhile purchase for me personally. The X1 may have a few more games I'm interested in, but buying that console first would more than likely make it my primary console for the rest of the gen, and that's not what I'm looking for. I mean, even the Wii U lacks compelling software for me at this point. I'm not saying it doesn't have good games, but it's highest profile release this holiday season is 3D World, and I've just never been a fan of 3D platformers.

At the end of the day, buying a console at launch isn't something I recommend, because you're paying for potential rather than for the available software. But hey, if there's enough content that interests you, then I say go for it.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@brut_fruit said:

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Neither of the new consoles are worth buying before 2-3 years in when they actually build up a library.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

both consoles have a game problem, worst launch ever, good job both companys plan on supporting the Ps3 and X360 for a few more months,lol

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

This isn't written by Forbes. It's written by a Forbes contributor. Also known as a blogger.

Nothing really to see here. We know some people aren't enamored with the PS4 exclusives.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35  Edited By Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

People leaving out next-gen (ish) versions of Battlefield, COD and FIFA. All excellent games (except COD lol) which look a lot better on the PS4.

Exclusives are nice but they're not the be-all end-all. A PS4 with FIFA 14 and Battlefield 4 will easily see you entertained until the new year.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Because X1 has amazing games? Its only aaa is a racing game and not many cares about that genre... Everything else from exclusives to multiplats is superior on ps4. SO what can i say? Enjoy your 720p/16fps brainless zombies killing game.

gensigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gensigns
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

Bore the Gamers

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#38 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

@nini200: did the author ever say the Wii U at launch was justified by its games? Because if he did, nobody listened.

Avatar image for deactivated-585ea4b128526
deactivated-585ea4b128526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-585ea4b128526
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

Forbes has been backing xbone since before e3. Not one thing ms has done, has been criticized. They were also the last to recognize the windows 8 fiasco.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kuu2

@MBirdy88 said:

@kuu2 said:

Whatever, a mediocre fight (I'd rather buy a wii u for smash bros) or play Street Fighter. Ugh, forza "half the content, double the dlc edition" and yet another racer... as if they are rare anyway.

Both suck. the only console finally getting there is the wii-u but it is hard to justify for the price.

PC or PS3 = win.

Please.......The Wii2 has been out a year and has not had anything of note till now. The One has Project Spark, Kinect Rivals, and Titanfall all within the first quarter of next year.

The One will have the best year one lineup ever.

Bank on it.

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

This gen just started. I don't see a problem here. You should wait for The Witcher 3, The Order, Infamous Second Son.

Hope your Wii Ewww will get those games too. :-P

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

Forbes is for non-gamers, is that why lems are always quoting them?

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Contrast is on the PC as well, but it doesn't look very good.

Resogun is about it as far as "PS4 games I might play" goes, and it doesn't look like something I'd spend money on.

It seems it'll be a looooooooooong time until PS4 gets something remotely interesting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@kuu2 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@kuu2 said:

PC or PS3 = win.

Please.......The Wii2 has been out a year and has not had anything of note till now. The One has Project Spark, Kinect Rivals, and Titanfall all within the first quarter of next year.

Bank on it.

2 of those are on PC. (Titan Fall and Spark) LOL mock Wii then bring up a kinect title. well played, 2 multiplats and yet another failure attempt to make good party games like nintendo.

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts

@Capitan_Kid said:

THIS. Indie games have provided some of the best and most innovative gameplay in recent years.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

he's strictly talking about exclusives but this is an uphill battle for M$ because we all know the PS4 will end up with the most of them anyway. It's an inevitable outcome. For the time being PS4's enjoying the superior multiplats, so it ha games.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

The article is weak and lacks any sort of common sense. Why should a company waste money making and releasing too notch games for an audience that is smaller than the amount of copies they need to sell in order to make any profit? I mean in today's industry, a games success is measured in weeks and a game is only worth buying based on release date. It's not like the old days where a game can still fetch full retail price, six months after release. By that time, a game is doomed for the bargain bins now days.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48  Edited By BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Buying a PS4 is not yet justified for me. I'm waiting for inFamous SS and few other games to come out and if those turn out well, I'm buying it (and certainly will play Killzone SF eventually). But like every gen with Sony, we have to wait for second generation of exclusives to really get the bang for our buck.

Guerilla Games are working on an RPG btw.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By kuu2

@MBirdy88 said:

@kuu2 said:

Bank on it.

2 of those are on PC. (Titan Fall and Spark) LOL mock Wii then bring up a kinect title. well played, 2 multiplats and yet another failure attempt to make good party games like nintendo.

PC doesn't equal on Wii2 and WobbleS4. Don't act like the majority of people play games on PC and Majong and Minesweeper don't count. So funny to see people run to the PC for defense as if it is relevant when talking about games. When you see the commercials on TV and in media all people see is the Xbox logo not 'On Windows' also. Again those 3 games will crush what is coming out and no 'its on PC spin' will prevent that.

Nintendo pimps party games because they don't have good online infrastructure for online play. They disguise it as party. And Kinect is superior to your Wiimote any day of the week. Enjoy that strap that keeps you from throwing that thing through your TV.

Dumb.........

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kuu2

@Merex760 said:

@Capitan_Kid said:

THIS. Indie games have provided some of the best and most innovative gameplay in recent years.

Blame Sony Fan they are the ones that dissed on Arcade games all last gen because they didn't have any. Then Journey came out and they flipped their tune like they always do.

Typcial Cows.