For those that still like Halo, will Halo 5 be the last chance?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Jakandsigz

Poll For those that still like Halo, will Halo 5 be the last chance? (41 votes)

Yes, if it is bad I will not be playing Halo again. 22%
No, Halo already died with me with the 4th game or before. 49%
Don't care, may pick it up, may not. 29%

Halo 4 made no sense in SP and was an atrocious COD clone in the MP section, although still not being as bad as Killzone 3, it was not far off.

Many people brought the game fast, which meant the fast amount of hatred was all over. For a lot of people Halo 5 IS the last chance.

But what about you? Is Halo 5 the last chance for 343 to make a good halo game outsidde a remake of the first game?

• 
StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

Nice Poll. Apparently, you think that the 9 million people who bought Halo 4 didn't like it.

What is it with you people? You all spend so much time talking about XB1 games in a bad light. That' little green monster will eventually cause shoulder problems...

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

This is a joke thread, right?

AppleBeatsPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3 AppleBeatsPC
Member since 2013 • 148 Posts

Not only was Halo 4 the best Halo in the series, but I predict Halo 5 to beat it 10-fold. What a silly poll. Guess all those PS4 inflated sales figures are getting to your head. Xbox One will win the console war, and in large part it will be due to Halo 5.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@StormyJoe: when a game loses 90% of its player base in less then a month. thats bad...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#5  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I'll give it one last go, but I won't pick it up at launch any more.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61471 Posts

Last chance? Nah. I enjoyed Halo 4... There were issues, but it was a decent release.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

I'll give it one last go, but I won't pick it up at launch any more.

Pretty much this.

There's a reason that game's online dropped off faster than any other Halo game.

fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 fadersdream
Member since 2006 • 3154 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

Nice Poll. Apparently, you think that the 9 million people who bought Halo 4 didn't like it.

What is it with you people? You all spend so much time talking about XB1 games in a bad light. That' little green monster will eventually cause shoulder problems...

EXACTLY

I didn't love Halo 4, but there is not a ubiquitous dislike of the game. It sold well, got good reviews and was fun.

Hipsters hate every game, they only come out to complain.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

It's a game, not a console. If they make a good one in the future, people will buy it.

It's not like Bungie were much better at it. I only really liked Halo 2 and 3. The ones after that were a bit shit imo.

Avatar image for indigenous_euphoria
indigenous_euphoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By indigenous_euphoria
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts

Halo 4 was the best Halo since the first one! 343 did an amazing job. Im glad Bungie left the Halo universe...games had been getting stale since Halo2

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

meh, i find it difficult to believe that loading up 2 or 3 of my friends in a warthog and tearing ass around a level in a co-op campaign will ever get old.

you just can't screw stuff like that up.

even if by some long shot the game all of a sudden becomes boring your friends will be making you laugh and doing stupid ass stuff that keeps it all entertaining.

if you find co-op-ing through halo bad you just need to get better friends.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#12 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I loved Halo 4. I want Halo 5.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#13  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Halo 4 was a great game.

DillonShwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DillonShwing
Member since 2010 • 565 Posts

Halo Reach and 4 were god awful abominations in the multiplayer department but I have faith that Halo 5 will be a return to the arena style gameplay of the original trilogy. 343i, do not shoehorn bullshit CoD features into H5. Keep equal starts, 1-50 ranking system, no perks/loadouts/armor abilities, no sprint, and descope.

whatsazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 whatsazerg
Member since 2009 • 1151 Posts

@applebeatspc said:

Not only was Halo 4 the best Halo in the series, but I predict Halo 5 to beat it 10-fold. What a silly poll. Guess all those PS4 inflated sales figures are getting to your head. Xbox One will win the console war, and in large part it will be due to Halo 5.

Wow... someone call guiness... Never has there been so much fail in so few words.

Halo 4 best Halo? LOL WUT?!

Halo 5 to be 10x better... huh? based on what... the trailer of Master Chief in the desert?

PS4 inflated sales? Ummm.... the official WW sales are made up now? I bet MS's announcement a couple days prior was totally legit though, right?

XB1 winning console war? LOL... go home dude, you're drunk. MS couldn't hold onto the year lead they had last gen... yet somehow with PS4 being the fastest selling console of all time, XB1 ( a less popular console than the 360 ) is going to beat it? Nice logic there pal.

Oh and Halo 5 is going to be what pushes the XB1 past the PS4... again... magically, somehow.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

halo is dead now it was gonna with halo 1 sp halo 2 multiplayer

after that like call od duty beat it

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Halo Reach and Halo 4 are easily the best ones. Loved those games so much.

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts

@stuff238 said:

Halo Reach and Halo 4 are easily the worst ones. Hated those games so much.

Fixed. Halo 3 was the last great Halo game. Hopefully 343 will listen to community feedback and make Halo 5 more like Halo 2/3.

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

Loved Halo 4, so I can't answer the misleading poll.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

This is a joke right? Halo 4 was a damn fine game. There were definitely aspects of it I would have preferred left out, but even if it didn't reach the dizzying heights in terms of multiplayer staying power that previous entries have, it was still a great game and a fantastic exclusive. Far better than any game I've played in the Killzone or Resistance series, and those are great exclusives as well. The fact that it was so good, yet a letdown in many ways simply illustrates the fact that we've come to expect each Halo release as bar-raising in some way -- but just because this didn't happen this past time around doesn't mean the game failed. Yeesh, you fanboys and your sensationalism.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Halo will go on forever, imo.

Haloman, the star of Halo, is marketable and the companies know it because of his amazing style and sweet movesets.

I even have a Haloman slurpee cup, Haloman bathtub toys, Halo movies to watch in bed, and Halo comics/books. For Halo Slurpee, it was strange drinking because it was like delicious Blue stuff coming out of Haloman's Brain. I just pretended it was Cortana Holo-juice.

Coming soon is the Halo TV show starring the one and only Haloman. This means Halo will be around forever.

challenger_155

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By challenger_155
Member since 2014 • 47 Posts

No console shooter has a richer, deeper, more revered multiplayer history than Halo. So how does Halo 4’s multiplayer suite live up to the legacy in 343’s hands?

It’s golden.

Halo has evolved, wrapping its multiplayer in an unexpected narrative context – the Spartan-on-Spartan battles are presented as training sessions aboard the UNSC Infinity ship – complete with more of the same visually arresting introductory cutscenes for both the adversarial War Games and the new Spartan Ops co-op mode.

With Halo 4’s immaculate weapon balancing and gun-for-every-situation combat strategies, it needs only a great crop of multiplayer maps in order to qualify for classic status. Fear not, as 343 packs War Games with 10 mostly stellar stages and three additional Forge-built battlegrounds. Exile leads the vehicle-heavy Big-Team Battle complement, Ragnarok shines as a Mantis-showcasing remake of Halo 3’s Valhalla, and Haven is among the series’ all-time finest small and symmetrical levels. Oh, and one of the official Forge constructions, Settler, is a smaller, crazier evolution of the franchise’s most famous map that I absolutely love: Blood Gulch. Halo 4 might not have its instant-classic (a la Halo 2’s Lockout), but this is an impressive collection of outstanding battlegrounds, with a seemingly greater emphasis placed on the large-scale, vehicle-inclusive levels that are Halo’s bread-and-butter.

After soaking in the new game, I am beyond thrilled to be so in love with Halo again, more than I’ve been since Halo 2. Halo 4 is a masterstroke everyone can and should celebrate, and its two guaranteed sequels instantly make the next-generation Xbox a must-own system, with Halo 5 its most anticipated title. Halo has been rebuilt. It has been redefined. And it has been reinvigorated. The Xbox’s original king has returned to it's rightful place on the throne. Enough said.

Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

I was hoping halo 4 would take back towards some halo 2 action.. I was told it was fast paced.. awesome.. then I was told it had:

Instant respawn

No weapons on the map

loadouts

perks

more perks

even more perks

It killed it for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

Not enough options in the poll for me to select one. Halo 4 was a very good game. It sold a shit-ton of copies. Did the multiplayer fall off the shelf when Cod hit? Yes. I play halo for sp and online coop so not a big deal to me.

Using this logic will we ever see another killzone? It sold well but has almost 0 online community even at launch

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Halo died to me after 3. I got reach really cheap and it was so bad I skipped out on halo 4.

Nothing good lasts forever.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

Your reading skills are incredibly poor.

Gifye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gifye
Member since 2012 • 175 Posts

Nothing is the last chance. They can have as many chances as they want. But I'll only buy the game if it's good. They could make halo 5 the most terrible game in history but if they follow it up with a good game I'm not going to turn it down out of spite.

rosko123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By rosko123
Member since 2006 • 556 Posts

I'm sure it will be good but this is 343's first chance to really innovate with the series since taking it over. I feel like Halo 4 they played it safe just to see out the generation without losing face and showing they had what it took to at least keep Halo at a similar level to what it was under bungie. I hope it is good as it's pretty much the only reason I would consider buying an xbone between that and/or a big price drop.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#29  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Last chance of what? Halo 4 had it's flaws, but was a great game! Sure, not as good as the first trilogy, but still better than ODST and Reach, in my opinion. If you consider that it was the first 343i full project, that was an impressive achievement.

I won't get Xbox One this gen, but i'm sure Halo 5 will be one of the best shooters when it comes out.

Avatar image for BattlefieldFan3
BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BattlefieldFan3
Member since 2012 • 361 Posts

@PAL360 said:

Last chance of what? Halo 4 had it's flaws, but was an awesome game! Sure, not as good as the first trilogy, but still better than ODST and Reach, in my opinion. If you consider that it was the first 343i full project, that was an impressive achievement.

I won't get Xbox One this gen, but i'm sure Halo 5 will be one of the best shooters when it comes out.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Oh man. The only hope of Halo 5 being anywhere close to decent is if Microsoft gets their own Naughty Dog, but we know that'll never happen.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@PAL360 said:

I won't get Xbox One this gen,

Why?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#32  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

@PAL360 said:

I won't get Xbox One this gen,

Why?

Both consoles will have a similar library, and i think PS4 is a better gaming console. Same argument as last gen, just a different platform :p

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@princessgomez92: yep that just about sums u up

halo has been shit since halo 3. reach was terrible but halo 4? couldnt take it. the story is sh$t, enemy designs uninspired, level design horrible. dont even get me started on multiplayer

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#34 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@applebeatspc said:

Xbox One will win the console war

lol, keep wishing

john_cena803

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 john_cena803
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@challenger_155 said:

No console shooter has a richer, deeper, more revered multiplayer history than Halo. So how does Halo 4’s multiplayer suite live up to the legacy in 343’s hands?

It’s golden.

Halo has evolved, wrapping its multiplayer in an unexpected narrative context – the Spartan-on-Spartan battles are presented as training sessions aboard the UNSC Infinity ship – complete with more of the same visually arresting introductory cutscenes for both the adversarial War Games and the new Spartan Ops co-op mode.

With Halo 4’s immaculate weapon balancing and gun-for-every-situation combat strategies, it needs only a great crop of multiplayer maps in order to qualify for classic status. Fear not, as 343 packs War Games with 10 mostly stellar stages and three additional Forge-built battlegrounds. Exile leads the vehicle-heavy Big-Team Battle complement, Ragnarok shines as a Mantis-showcasing remake of Halo 3’s Valhalla, and Haven is among the series’ all-time finest small and symmetrical levels. Oh, and one of the official Forge constructions, Settler, is a smaller, crazier evolution of the franchise’s most famous map that I absolutely love: Blood Gulch. Halo 4 might not have its instant-classic (a la Halo 2’s Lockout), but this is an impressive collection of outstanding battlegrounds, with a seemingly greater emphasis placed on the large-scale, vehicle-inclusive levels that are Halo’s bread-and-butter.

After soaking in the new game, I am beyond thrilled to be so in love with Halo again, more than I’ve been since Halo 2. Halo 4 is a masterstroke everyone can and should celebrate, and its two guaranteed sequels instantly make the next-generation Xbox a must-own system, with Halo 5 its most anticipated title. Halo has been rebuilt. It has been redefined. And it has been reinvigorated. The Xbox’s original king has returned to it's rightful place on the throne. Enough said.

I beg to differ

-The KillCam is useless. I want to see how I die, Not look at someone shooting at a wall and magically kill me.

- Everyone is being Stupid with Invisibility, and Promethean vision. They sit there and camp. That's all they do.

I rarely ever see someone use them for another purpose other than camping

- This is just me, But I hate the power weapons, and that fact that ANYONE can get it makes me frustrated. At times

I couldn't care less. But (Slightly) most of the time I just get annoyed. They sit around corners and spam grenades. Jeez.

You are SPARTANS!! Not marines!!

There is no Juggernaut, Assault, VIP, or Race.

Flood does not allow you to give flood anything but swords.

This is extremely irritating. There is NO good reason to remove Juggernaut.

Also, still no real elimination rules.

On a side note, I found all the armor to be ugly as **** and the Forge sucks now. Halo 4 practically destroyed everything Halo 3 stood for, and I was a die-hard fan of the series. Bungie should have never left.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

@StormyJoe said:

Your reading skills are incredibly poor.

Reason?

PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PrincessGomez92

@ghostwarrior786 said:

halo has been shit since halo 3. reach was terrible but halo 4? couldnt take it. the story is sh$t, enemy designs uninspired, level design horrible. dont even get me started on multiplayer

Don't give a shit about your opinion.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

yeah sure. and change that sig, its seriously disturbing for a 40+ year old male to have a little girl on their sig

PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PrincessGomez92

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

yeah sure. and change that sig, its seriously disturbing for a 40+ year old male to have a little girl on their sig

40+? Lol, so dumb.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@Jakandsigz: 343 already made a good (great) Halo game with Halo 4. GameSpot doesn't just give out AAA review scores and that says a lot considering Halo 4 was 343's first full game to develop.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

More halol.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

This thread doesn't make much sense. If you were pleased with Halo's recent direction, why would Halo 5 be your last chance?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I have a feeling that a lot of people aren't going to jump on it like they did with Halo 4. Personally, I was neither impressed nor dissuaded by Halo 4 but I have no plans on getting a Bone any time soon (or for more than $300). Halo 5 is going to be advertised to shit and back, but it's not going to be nearly as successful as any other title, especially since the userbase isn't nearly as big as the 360.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

yeah because the 10 loser hipsters on here who think halo 4 sucked are really going to make a difference.

Halo 4 was awesome and halo 5 will also be awesome.

Halo 5 will also outsell any naughty dog game. Sorry guys.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

Do you even play games lol hard to believe when you make all these threads and its not a few

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@Evo_nine said:

yeah because the 10 loser hipsters on here who think halo 4 sucked are really going to make a difference.

Yeah I tend to agree.

Halo 4 was amazing!

Avatar image for destroyerman455
destroyerman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 destroyerman455
Member since 2005 • 77 Posts

@Evo_nine said:

This is possible unless The Last of Us 2 is released.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17420 Posts

Havent played 4, but from the critic and youtube reviews it seems to be the best in the series. Not a fan of FPSs so i may pick it up now that it is about $15 at Gamestop

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

It's silly. You can say the same thing about any popular franchise and it will never make any sense. For example: for those that still like Uncharted, will Uncharted 4 be the last chance?

Lots of people love Halo, lots of people love Uncharted. Your own personal bubble doesn't change the outside world.