For all Dead Space 3 complainers....watch this

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Watch this video if you haven't seen it yet. Can't believe I am defending a game, but some of these assumptions are just baseless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRh4fvYPZlI&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjRh4fvYPZlI&has_verified=1

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

Why do you care so much about what other people think...

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Dead Space 3 is for action shooter fans add that statement came directly from EA's mouth.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 StrongBlackVine

el3m2tigre

Generally I don't, especially when it comes to something as trivial as video games. But these opinions are so ignorant and misinformed I would like to educate you all.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 StrongBlackVine

Dead Space 3 is for action shooter fans add that statement came directly from EA's mouth.

Gue1

Every Dead Space game has been listed as action-shooter. Including the first one.

Plus horror fans don't buy games any way so why would any one cater solely to them? What did Silent Hill Downpour sell? 200K copies? How many copies did the great Amnesia sell?

WTA2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#6 WTA2k5
Member since 2005 • 3999 Posts

I watched this video, and it seemed pretty cool.

Then I promptly clicked on another YouTube video and was forced to witness a Dead Space 3 ad that confoundingly used Phil Collins' "In The Air Tonight" as its background music.

So, needless to say, the interest that was piqued with the first video went away pretty quick.

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

I watched this video, and it seemed pretty cool.

Then I promptly clicked on another YouTube video and was forced to witness a Dead Space 3 ad that confoundingly used Phil Collins' "In The Air Tonight" as its background music.

So, needless to say, the interest that was piqued with the first video went away pretty quick.

WTA2k5

Thats quite odd. An add doing the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do.

RoccoHout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RoccoHout
Member since 2011 • 1086 Posts

The game does get a lot of undeserved hate. People keep saing that the game is co-op only, and because of that its no longer scary. Its still possible to play the game alone like the older titles, the co-op is just a nice optional feature.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

el3m2tigre
Because he isn't a robot and really dumb people have a tendency to bring out ugly emotions in others. IDK somethin like that
Mozuckint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Mozuckint
Member since 2012 • 831 Posts
How many copies did the great Amnesia sell?StrongBlackVine
Over a million.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXee0uOjVps

Also probably shows the games target audience.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 StrongBlackVine

Minishdriveby

And? Looks like a normal teen to tome. What do you think survival horror fans look and act like...nerds.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StrongBlackVine

Minishdriveby

And? Looks like a normal teen to to me. What do you think survival horror fans look and act like...nerds and social rejects.

Mozuckint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mozuckint
Member since 2012 • 831 Posts

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

StrongBlackVine

And? Looks like a normal teen to tome. What do you think survival horror fans look and act like...nerds.

Cool, so remind me who made your computer possible again? Your console? Your games? Your TV?
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
Looks like more Deadspace. Thats good for the fans of the series but its always been a mediocre franchise to me.
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

StrongBlackVine

And? Looks like a normal teen to to me. What do you think survival horror fans look and act like...nerds and social rejects.

I'm neither a nerd nor a social reject, its just that the genre did not deserve to die. EA and Dead Space have nothing to do with it though, not in the absolute. DS is a great series in its own right.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StrongBlackVine

Looks like more Deadspace. Thats good for the fans of the series but its always been a mediocre franchise to me.mems_1224

This is the response I was looking for. I don't care if you don't like the franchise, but don't make stuff up.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

AgentA-Mi6

I'm neither a nerd nor a social reject, its just that the genre did not deserve to die. EA and Dead Space have nothing to do with it though, not in the absolute. DS is a great series in its own right.

What exactly makes you think it is dead in this franchise? If the game is at least 18-20 hours long (twice as long as the first 2) and around half that time was spent dark and tense situations would you be satisfied?

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Minishdriveby

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

StrongBlackVine

... whoever said anything about social rejects? The kid just sounds like a d-bag who likes to make ball jokes on Xbox Live.

Starting off your vid-cast with 'My laptop is bein' a lil' ****' isn't very classy... just douchery. Also the video just shows how the games has evolved into a third person shooter.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

Plus horror fans don't buy games any way so why would any one cater solely to them?StrongBlackVine

mm7ouvyon0xps45nn7kk.jpeg

Resident Evil 2 (PS / January 1998) - 4.96 million

For comparison sakes, RE4 that has sold through several platforms and itterations has only sold 7.1 million copies, RE2 managed that on a single platform. But **** buys horror games.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

I ain't gonna buy DS3 but i'm sure gonna buy DS2 and 1, As for 2013, I'll Amnesia A Machine For Pigs.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]Plus horror fans don't buy games any way so why would any one cater solely to them?Jynxzor

For comparison sakes, RE4 that has sold through several platforms and itterations has only sold 7.1 million copies, RE2 managed that on a single platform. But **** buys horror games.

That game is more than a decade old. The market has changed.
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9839 Posts

Why do they present the enemies in short cutscenes? It was like that in the demo too. It's just such horrible design. They should ofc appear in-game while you are still in control. Or is that considered too scary :| ?

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

That game is more than a decade old. The market has changed.DarkLink77

I guess your right, It's not like a Niche horror game could sell over a million units this day and age right?

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

el3m2tigre
indeed.. he really shouldnt care what people think especially on a Forum LOL.. i dont go to a store and think "omg! i shouldnt buy this game because System Wars hates it".. i'll play whatever the hell i want and i dont need some random guy's approval on a a Forum... he should do the same..
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]Plus horror fans don't buy games any way so why would any one cater solely to them?Jynxzor

15 years ago doesn't **** today.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jessejay420

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]Looks like more Deadspace. Thats good for the fans of the series but its always been a mediocre franchise to me.StrongBlackVine

This is the response I was looking for. I don't care if you don't like the franchise, but don't make stuff up.

who cares,dude? just play what you enjoy..
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

jessejay420

indeed.. he really shouldnt care what people think especially on a Forum LOL.. i dont go to a store and think "omg! i shouldnt buy this game because System Wars hates it".. i'll play whatever the hell i want and i dont need some random guy's approval on a a Forum... he should do the same..

You are way off base in you think I base my gaming choices off what someone else thinks. Trying get fools to understand the core game mechanics have not changed is not asking for approval.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jessejay420

[QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

StrongBlackVine

You are way off base in you think I base my gaming choices off what someone else thinks. Trying get fools to understand the core game mechanics have not changed is not asking for approval.

Need a Tissue? :?
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

DS3 is the franchise's version of RE6.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] That game is more than a decade old. The market has changed.Jynxzor

I guess your right, It's not like a Niche horror game could sell over a million units this day and age right?

You act like a AAA title can make a profit off of a million units in sales. You know that's not the case.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
yee...a lot of ppl are hating it just because they think EA is screwing it up.... because it has coop...because it has microtransactions..... its pretty much going to be the same dead space they loved
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="campzor"]yee...a lot of ppl are hating it just because they think EA is screwing it up.... because it has coop...because it has microtransactions..... its pretty much going to be the same dead space they loved

They started slipping with 2. I'm sure there will be some dark creepy environments, but it's pretty obvious there is a tone shift in this one. There's been such a big emphasis on gun wielding enemies, necromorphs that are bullet sponges and more ammo being available that many people just find it a shift in a more action-y direction. I'm sure it will be okay/good, but it's just not for me.
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

I had my fill with the first one. It was cool enough, but nothing that made me want to go back for more. I didn't watch the whole video, but from what I saw it looks like more of the same. And there is nothing wrong with that! Its just not for me.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="campzor"]yee...a lot of ppl are hating it just because they think EA is screwing it up.... because it has coop...because it has microtransactions..... its pretty much going to be the same dead space they lovedMinishdriveby
They started slipping with 2. I'm sure there will be some dark creepy environments, but it's pretty obvious there is a tone shift in this one. There's been such a big emphasis on gun wielding enemies, necromorphs that are bullet sponges and more ammo being available that many people just find it a shift in a more action-y direction. I'm sure it will be okay/good, but it's just not for me.

Dead Space 2 is much better than Dead Space 1.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 campzor
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="campzor"]yee...a lot of ppl are hating it just because they think EA is screwing it up.... because it has coop...because it has microtransactions..... its pretty much going to be the same dead space they loved

the footage shown in the OP shows it as normal dead space/2 I mean the gun wielding enemies could just be a story element and not thrown in just for the sake of having more variety. Its entirely up to the player whether they want to spray a whole clip in a necromorph of whether to cut their limbs up... this has been the case since the first dead space. I TRULY do not understand what ppl are seeing which i dont. Its like if the only footage they showed of ds2 was the last couple of chapters, and thinking the whole game will be this action packed cluster**** corridor shooter.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="jessejay420"] indeed.. he really shouldnt care what people think especially on a Forum LOL.. i dont go to a store and think "omg! i shouldnt buy this game because System Wars hates it".. i'll play whatever the hell i want and i dont need some random guy's approval on a a Forum... he should do the same..jessejay420

Need a Tissue? :?

You're an idot.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]Looks like more Deadspace. Thats good for the fans of the series but its always been a mediocre franchise to me.jessejay420

who cares,dude? just play what you enjoy..

So when somebody starts trashing your favourite franchise WITH LIES you just brush it off like a bad habbit ? Last week some idiot said he hated Dead Space because it had way too many QTE's, which was a lie and sh!t like that prevents other people from picking up Dead Space out of Curiousity. Is it that hard to say you hate something and leave it at that ?
slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

You're an idot.

StrongBlackVine

:lol:

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23706 Posts

Damn straight I'll complain, THIS GAME LOOKS LIKE GARBAGE! They completely removed everything that made Dead Space so special to begin with. How could you possibly defend this crap?

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Minishdriveby

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="campzor"]yee...a lot of ppl are hating it just because they think EA is screwing it up.... because it has coop...because it has microtransactions..... its pretty much going to be the same dead space they lovedStrongBlackVine

Dead Space 2 is much better than Dead Space 1.

It started out pretty well then became boring in the later half of the game which is odd because it was about 1/2 as long as the first one (6 hour game). Also the ending was horrible. The one thing DS2 got right was the Zero-gravity sections.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 campzor

Damn straight I'll complain, THIS GAME LOOKS LIKE GARBAGE! They completely removed everything that made Dead Space so special to begin with. How could you possibly defend this crap?

ConanTheStoner
like what? Its the same sh!t as the first 2 games -.-
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 StrongBlackVine

ConanTheStoner

Troll.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23706 Posts

Yeah just playin, I never played a Dead Space game in my life lol

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I got my tense and horror fix from the first one, i got my action fix in the second one. I dont need this game and the direction they went is the opposite of what they should have done

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

You're an idot.StrongBlackVine

Is that Apple's latest device?

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
How many copies did the great Amnesia sell?StrongBlackVine
Over one million
enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5552 Posts

If survivor horror is what you are into... I cant think of a better way to get a fix than the hardcore modes in these games. Come back to me when you get to chapter 15+ in hardcore in DS3 and try to tell me you arent playing a survival horror game.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
Meh, that video just put me more off it. Not scary, same enemies, except now some of them use axes.
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

I actually really liked DS 1 and 2, and although I do own an 360, I primarily game on my PC, so I played them both on my PC.

Though, when I look at these trailers, DS 3 looks kind of dumbed-down in the horror department, and more like Lost Planet.