Flappy bird is like dark souls, Flappy bird saved industry

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by NoodleFighter (6939 posts) -
#2 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16374 posts) -

My daughter plays this game on her phone.

#3 Posted by stereointegrity (10659 posts) -

please shut this shit the Fuck up

#4 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6020 posts) -

Mobile games are a bigger cancer than Call of Duty. They're responsible for the microtransaction crap and social intergration that's shoved into games for no reason.

#5 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11345 posts) -

This guy is probably drowning in money from a game he made in 3 hours.

#6 Posted by Roler42 (405 posts) -

Yeah... A cow clicker is going to save the industry... And people wonder why there's some animosity against anything IGN

#7 Posted by BlessedChill (676 posts) -
#8 Posted by EZs (1309 posts) -

How is this game different than Jet Pack Joyride?

#9 Posted by Heil68 (42461 posts) -

I got a record of 15, beat that! :P

#10 Posted by k2theswiss (16581 posts) -

This guy is probably drowning in money from a game he made in 3 hours.

haha thats how it goes with these phone games,

If you make them too complex people will drop them, make them simple but fun they become a hit on phones

#11 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24097 posts) -

I'm pretty surprised no one has called out on the blatant sprite ripping of Super Mario World.

#12 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (8221 posts) -

Now thats Hardcore Gaming right there.

And despite being a single screen tapping command Game, it actually requires alot more skill than Dark Souls.

Naturally they'l say I'm wrong even if Flappy Bird beats them repeatedly.

#13 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -
#14 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15623 posts) -

I remember feeling the same way when consoles and PCs started having more games in common and there was a decrease of games in my favorite genres. Now, it seems like the consoles aren't the least common denominator anymore.

Oh well. I always said to go with the flow.

#15 Edited by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

Someone lock this thread, ban this idiot, and then lock him too.

#16 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4320 posts) -

This is what gaming has come too. I'm ashamed

#17 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6684 posts) -

I'm sad that I didn't come up with the idea first :/

#18 Posted by NoodleFighter (6939 posts) -

Someone lock this thread, ban this idiot, and then lock him too.

What did I do :(

#19 Posted by R4gn4r0k (15869 posts) -

@roler42 said:

Yeah... A cow clicker is going to save the industry... And people wonder why there's some animosity against anything IGN

TC listed two links, both are about the IGN article though. So it's just IGN comparing a cow clicker to Dark Souls... lol

IGN, they also said COD was the thinking man's shooter o_O

#20 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8221 posts) -

@ R4gn4r0k

Prove'em Wrong. Beat Flappy Bird.

Bear this in mind, Unlike Dark Souls, Flappy Bird doesn't give you the option of Leveling Up, Upgrading, New powerfull Weapons, and most Importantly Patience is not an Option, you'd be surprized how things get easier when you control the pace and how hard they get when you don't.

Flappy Bird, is just as "Difficulty" as Dark Souls unless all of a sudden people come down with a serious case of "Double Standard-osus"

#21 Posted by Roler42 (405 posts) -

@ R4gn4r0k

Prove'em Wrong. Beat Flappy Bird.

Bear this in mind, Unlike Dark Souls, Flappy Bird doesn't give you the option of Leveling Up, Upgrading, New powerfull Weapons, and most Importantly Patience is not an Option, you'd be surprized how things get easier when you control the pace and how hard they get when you don't.

Flappy Bird, is just as "Difficulty" as Dark Souls unless all of a sudden people come down with a serious case of "Double Standard-osus"

There's no skill needed for cow clickers other than having good timing, unless you'd rather have gaming be about "difficult" cow clickers instead of full fledged games

#22 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (8221 posts) -

@ Roler42

So Flappy Bird doesn't have complexity, thats like one thing it doesn't have in common with Dark Soul's difficulty. 8 out 9 aint bad. Still "Hardcore" if you do the math. :D

I've played games like this, back in the day. What I call shoddy game Design you call "Teh Hardcore Experience for Reall Gamers duuuuuuuuhhhhh !".

#23 Posted by Roler42 (405 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: Flappy bird: no complexity, no storyline, no variety in gameplay, no actual end

I never said anything about "real gamers", you said that, anyone can play whatever they want, but for me to put a mindless cow clicker with a full fledged game? Just no

#24 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (8221 posts) -

@ Roler42

This "cow clicker" has defeated many gamers, both hardcore and casual. Infact casuals have a better chance of beating it thanks to its simplicity.

Its not mindless. Timing and Precision is key unless you believe mindless people are capable of timing and precision. There are differences between Complexity/Simplicity and Difficulty/Easy. In Flappy Birds Case its simple but extremely difficult. Kind of like target shooting, its a rather simple task, but requires practice and hard work to master

And Storyline, Varient in Gameplay is not a factor of difficulty, actually varient gameplay is, options will usually lead to easier resolution to problems. More importantly Flappy Bird does have an end, its mentioned in the Article.

As for the whole "real gamer" thing I wasn't quoting you. I was mocking you, big difference ! :p

Flappy Bird is a full fledged game. Its not complete is it ?

#25 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8221 posts) -

Hardcore Games are expanding. :p

masochists, eat your heart out !