#201 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -

#202 Posted by B4X (5625 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I'm just admiring the stupid troll attempts. /game on

#203 Posted by BldgIrsh (2889 posts) -

@b4x said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

What! I thought we were having a serious discussion about big bushy beards.

#205 Posted by PCgameruk (1425 posts) -

I remember a time when M$ was offered to work with steam and they turned it down.

Hahaha...

#206 Edited by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@b4x said:
@b4x said:

@b4x said:

The proof is they're only compatible with each other. What more proof would I need in a court of law?

You would lose the case based solely that my evidence 100% trumps any circumstantial evidence you could bring to counter my claim.

There is ZERO strategy you could use to prove my claims wrong. The "glove doesn't fit you must acquit" defense does not work here.

I could say 100% without a shadow of a doubt a copy of windows was purchased solely to play said game. What could you say as rebuttal to that claim? You MUST have windows to play said game.

You would have to unlink the two items in question. To even support your claims that they did not purchase Windows to only play said game.

Prove it? That's the defense you guys would use? How's that going to work out for you? Would you win the case?

The burden of proof is the FACT they are 100% linked.

Break the link. Prove your case @lostrib

You would be laughed out of the court room. /truthfacts

You're a troll.

I'll be awaiting your BS reply. Off to work.

Maybe you can pull a theory out of your ass to support your stupid?

You never proved your case

#207 Posted by nutcrackr (12773 posts) -

Somebody post the links with all the promises MS has made for PC gaming in the last 10 years.

MS sing a good song when it comes to PC gaming but their actions show otherwise.

#208 Edited by Krelian-co (12089 posts) -

@b4x said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

#209 Edited by clyde46 (46997 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

#210 Posted by pyro1245 (1005 posts) -

Well MS was all about games on PC until consoles became popular, then they were all about consoles; now PC seems to be getting more popularity again in the mainstream.

There comes a time in every corporation's life who's alienated a certain user base when it goes back how it was, that time for MS is now, or maybe not; I'm tired.

#211 Edited by PapaTrop (1643 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

@papatrop said:

The company behind Windows, which is found on over 95% of PCs worldwide, is hiding behind PC?

We're talking about Microsoft's gaming division here, which pretty much was 99% Xbox and around 1% PC centric. Now all of a sudden they're like "bu bu but PC is where most of the players are".

Microsoft also makes Direct X which the majority of PC games utilize.

Good to see they're staying committed.

#212 Posted by Cloud_imperium (4806 posts) -

@b4x said:

@clyde46 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

You really think Microsoft is bothered if you buy a game on Xbox One or PC. As long as you don't buy it on PS4 they make money.

Bit like Sony don't mind if you buy a game on PS3 or PS4, they make money either way.

Sharing games across Xbox One and PC isn't a bad thing for either. More games available for both. If Microsoft can get developers to develop games for both and not PS4 they are onto a winner.

MS does not make money on PC games unless they have a hand in it.

Gamer buys Windows to Game= ?

Truth they make no money on the actual game itself. They still make money though.

Then Sony makes money too because they make PC hardware on which Windows is INSTALLED . Does that make PC , Sony's platform .? I don't see their first party games on PC .

#213 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3966 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

You do realize that MS has been involved in gaming on PC since before (and during) the Xbox... right?

MS did abandon the PC during it's 360 years :)

During the 360 is when Microsoft did a big push with Games for Windows.

Which failed because PC gamers would'nt subscribe and it subsequently received a very low priority.

You're referring to Games for Windows Live Gold, which was subsequently discontinued after being on the market for a very short period due to the low support. Games for Windows is still on going.

You think the Games for Windows brand went anywhere in any of it's branches?

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree ;)

#214 Posted by delta3074 (18612 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

At the same time, 51% of all time spent gaming is on PCs - more than on consoles and mobile devices combined. PC gaming itself is projected to make $25 Billion in 2014, growing 13% year over year.

We’ll work with the top games publishers and independent studios in the world to build rich, immersive Windows games that blow away gamers and do great business across multiple form factors

Microsoft

That's kinda interesting, didn't MS have a console? What was it...the Xbox One? What happened to that I wonder, oh right, the PlayStation 4 happened.

Now MS just needs to bring the Halo games to Steam and I might actually believe them, maybe.

Source

F*** me , you really are reaching to try and spin this as MS somehow 'forgetting about the Xbone because of the PS4'.

Why would an MS exec Talk about the Xbox when they are talking about there commitment to PC gaming, why would they even mention the Xbone in that context?

Lovin the Logic

MS saying they want a piece of the PC market because theres loads of money there somehow equates to Microsoft Forgetting about the Xbone and/or hiding behind the PC.

I would love to live in a delusional Fanboys world, just for a day,lol

So much for Consolites myth that nobody games on PC anymore.

Thread title is also misleading as hell.

#215 Edited by clyde46 (46997 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@b4x said:

@clyde46 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

You really think Microsoft is bothered if you buy a game on Xbox One or PC. As long as you don't buy it on PS4 they make money.

Bit like Sony don't mind if you buy a game on PS3 or PS4, they make money either way.

Sharing games across Xbox One and PC isn't a bad thing for either. More games available for both. If Microsoft can get developers to develop games for both and not PS4 they are onto a winner.

Truth they make no money on the actual game itself. They still make money though.

Then Sony makes money too because they make PC hardware on which Windows is INSTALLED . Does that make PC , Sony's platform .? I don't see their first party games on PC .

Sony does make PC games though.

#216 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

#217 Posted by MBirdy88 (8582 posts) -

@b4x said:

@walloftruth said:
@b4x said:

@walloftruth said:
@b4x said:

@walloftruth said:

I'm not sure what you want from me but I think it's safe to say that I'm not interested.

Just prove Microsoft isn't True PC gaming....Do the things I said... get back to me with your results.

Sound good?

EDIT: You don't hide behind something that is only possible because of your Operating System?

That's totally wrong. They haven't made Windows specifically for gaming. You do know that you can game in other operating systems too, right? It's not like that's exclusive to Windows.

MS's gaming division is mainly Xbox, which is proven by the fact that they keep releasing games exclusively on Xbox to push that platform, that's their beloved child, or has been, if the article is an indicator.

So you don't have anything to retort? Wow, winning arguments against you sure is easy.

gg easy

Game without windows on PC? Good luck. There is no argument.

Oh god, your one of these people.... those idiots that praise Steve Jobs as "the most influential figure in gaming ever" and iOS "most influential platform in gaming" because it dominated the app store scene for years resulting in many many titles only playable on it for these developers..... can you use your brain for a second please? its embarrassing.

Microsoft did not create or maintain PC gaming, sure they have supported it with DirectX.... but that is it in the last 10 years.

You CANT claim that MS is major PC Gaming because WINDOWS has all the games... it has all the games because windows owned at peak 94% of the PC market.... just like iOS use to be the only major app store and dominated then.

NEar-monopoly level user base is the result of ALL games being Windows focused, not Microsoft's ownership of PC gaming.

How can you not see this?

#218 Posted by MBirdy88 (8582 posts) -

@OhSnapitz said:

@walloftruth said:
@Gue1 said:

if PC gaming was as successful as some herms claim Valve wouldn't be wasting their time making the Steambox. But even Valve knows that the future of gaming lies on dedicated gaming machines like the PS4. If PC gaming was as successful MS wouldn't have never made the Xbox either.

But the truth hurts and it's hard to admit but that's just how it is. And then we have the herms waiting for the discounted games while others are just pirating. This is the reason devs like CliffyB support shitty F2P so much, because that's the only future PC gaming has.

Are you even trying anymore?

And I loled that you called a PC a "dedicated gaming machine like the PS4".

Actually he said SteamBox.. and you tap danced around the question.

Good Job.

A steam box is a media pc... they've existed for years, branded ones too. its an extention of the market, not a replacement.

Then again, I'm sure Gue thought his thread through... considering Dota 2 is more successful than any of Sony's first party games...... and will continue to do so far years... and cant be done on any other platform in its current competitive and demanding state. let alone the eve rpopular CS:Go that is increasing and Team Fortress 2 still being what it is.

Gue is a troll that is not even trying anymore... I Doubt he believes half the stuff he writes.

#219 Posted by B4X (5625 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@b4x said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

You just cemented the 90 IQ.

See intelligent people would never post a picture of a handicapped person in no shape or form, unless it was in direct benefit to that person. "Charity".

Stay classy 90.

#220 Edited by B4X (5625 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:
@b4x said:

@b4x said:

The proof is they're only compatible with each other. What more proof would I need in a court of law?

You would lose the case based solely that my evidence 100% trumps any circumstantial evidence you could bring to counter my claim.

There is ZERO strategy you could use to prove my claims wrong. The "glove doesn't fit you must acquit" defense does not work here.

I could say 100% without a shadow of a doubt a copy of windows was purchased solely to play said game. What could you say as rebuttal to that claim? You MUST have windows to play said game.

You would have to unlink the two items in question. To even support your claims that they did not purchase Windows to only play said game.

Prove it? That's the defense you guys would use? How's that going to work out for you? Would you win the case?

Break the link. Prove your case @lostrib

You would be laughed out of the court room. /truthfacts

You're a troll.

I'll be awaiting your BS reply. Off to work.

Maybe you can pull a theory out of your ass to support your stupid?

You never proved your case

#221 Posted by OhSnapitz (18498 posts) -

@walloftruth said:
@OhSnapitz said:

@walloftruth said:
@Gue1 said:

if PC gaming was as successful as some herms claim Valve wouldn't be wasting their time making the Steambox. But even Valve knows that the future of gaming lies on dedicated gaming machines like the PS4. If PC gaming was as successful MS wouldn't have never made the Xbox either.

But the truth hurts and it's hard to admit but that's just how it is. And then we have the herms waiting for the discounted games while others are just pirating. This is the reason devs like CliffyB support shitty F2P so much, because that's the only future PC gaming has.

Good Job.

1. A SteamBox is a PC.

2. What question? He didn't ask one.

Good Job yourself.

Cut the Bull Sh!t.. the steambox is Valves "answer" to an ever growing console market. To include using their own OS and controller (..which I thought PC gamers didn't need)..

#222 Posted by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@OhSnapitz said:

@walloftruth said:
@OhSnapitz said:

@walloftruth said:
@Gue1 said:

Good Job.

1. A SteamBox is a PC.

Good Job yourself.

Cut the Bull Sh!t.. the steambox is Valves "answer" to an ever growing console market. To include using their own OS and controller (..which I thought PC gamers didn't need)..

...it's still a PC

#223 Posted by OhSnapitz (18498 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@walloftruth said:
@OhSnapitz said:

@walloftruth said:
@Gue1 said:

Good Job.

1. A SteamBox is a PC.

Good Job yourself.

...it's still a PC

..and it's still the answer to a growing console market.

#224 Posted by remiks00 (2146 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Okay, I see where you are going with this TC, but the fact remains that most of this revenue comes from free to play. Like, 99% of it.The other one that brings in a lot of money is MOBAS, but any sensible person knows this isn't exactly a "game" game. So, again, don't bring this up as some kind of win for the PC.

What's left is some RTS and MMO games, most of them being broken on launch. Another major victory here, peeps. And then we end up with old games eating up the rest. GoG has already ensured of this. Hell, you even see herms bring up old games, and how mods enhance them. Very exciting stuff.

I don't blame them though. All that high end "super duper rig" stuff is nonsense anyway. A Steam survey shuts down that argument entirely.

Source

So, yeah. That's out of the window.

Also, good luck securing a GOTY. Something you fellas haven't done in a long ass time.

I see what you did there. :D

#225 Edited by magicalclick (23244 posts) -

Looks like MS is more dedicated on their new metro universal gaming.

#226 Posted by WeepsForFools (551 posts) -

@walloftruth:

What? Cows are the ones that do nothing but hide behind their PSwhatever + PC combo to try and discredit the xbox's libraries.. get real.

#227 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43157 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@kinectthedots said:

make up any lies to defame them and when pressed to prove their allegations they deflect and retreat behind a troll one-liner or a biased opinions.

lol. Holy irony.

lol, for anyone that wants to enjoy the irony (a recent example):

"The list goes on and the vast majority of SW mod committee, you can't even become a mod anymore unless you are a Sony/PS fan hater.

The whole crew deny being xbox fanboys while going on a constant xbox hype/defense campaign and pitching a zelot level Sony hate/bash/smear monologue day in and day out, it's sad really."

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/june-2014-npd-results-in-ps4-on-fire-31412227/?page=15

Common tactic of the alt, quick baseless jab and then retreat.

#228 Posted by kinectthedots (2228 posts) -

@nutcrackr said:

Somebody post the links with all the promises MS has made for PC gaming in the last 10 years.

MS sing a good song when it comes to PC gaming but their actions show otherwise.

fixed

#229 Posted by B4X (5625 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@b4x said:

@walloftruth said:
@b4x said:

@walloftruth said:
@b4x said:

@walloftruth said:

I'm not sure what you want from me but I think it's safe to say that I'm not interested.

Just prove Microsoft isn't True PC gaming....Do the things I said... get back to me with your results.

Sound good?

EDIT: You don't hide behind something that is only possible because of your Operating System?

That's totally wrong. They haven't made Windows specifically for gaming. You do know that you can game in other operating systems too, right? It's not like that's exclusive to Windows.

MS's gaming division is mainly Xbox, which is proven by the fact that they keep releasing games exclusively on Xbox to push that platform, that's their beloved child, or has been, if the article is an indicator.

So you don't have anything to retort? Wow, winning arguments against you sure is easy.

gg easy

Game without windows on PC? Good luck. There is no argument.

Oh god, your one of these people.... those idiots that praise Steve Jobs as "the most influential figure in gaming ever" and iOS "most influential platform in gaming" because it dominated the app store scene for years resulting in many many titles only playable on it for these developers..... can you use your brain for a second please? its embarrassing.

Microsoft did not create or maintain PC gaming, sure they have supported it with DirectX.... but that is it in the last 10 years.

You CANT claim that MS is major PC Gaming because WINDOWS has all the games... it has all the games because windows owned at peak 94% of the PC market.... just like iOS use to be the only major app store and dominated then.

NEar-monopoly level user base is the result of ALL games being Windows focused, not Microsoft's ownership of PC gaming.

How can you not see this?

No, I am not one of those people :P

I clearly see everything you posted. That still does not change the current situation?

99% of the people on this board are running a copy of Windows to play their PC games.

That's all I am saying. I'm not giving any particular entity credit for ANYTHING. I'm just stating Windows is the truest form of being a PC gamer at this given point in time.

There are no allegiances here. This is not an attempt to praise, it's just the way it is.

There are other options to game. I'll bet my ass this board follows my assumptions. 99% of these guys game on Windows.

That's all I'm saying.

#230 Posted by B4X (5625 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@b4x said:

@clyde46 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

They don't make PCs anymore.

That makes Sony PCs a licensed hardware with their branding on it.

They paid royalties for every patent or device offered in their PCs, including windows. Without Windows, Linux, or android installed, there is no PC to sell. Just a worthless piece of plastic with metal, glass, and silicon. They would only make money on their Branding Name after royalties were paid off to all contributors.

They received a profit by aesthetically designing and selling the PC.

PC is a multi billion dollar platform with 1000's of contributors. Who all make a profit if their items or patents are sold to the end user.

So no PC is not owned by ONE company. If you buy a PC with a companies investments in it. It is a profit for that company.

That's why I said that?

#231 Posted by clone01 (25047 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@adamosmaki said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Ah there goes the argument that no one games on PC's ... I suspect a few people will avoid this thread like the plague.

i expect the usual

- Hermits only play old games

-Mobas are not games

-Pc only has strategy and MMO games

-F2P games is 99% of that money

-Most hermits have a lower end pc according to steam stats

lol yea.

You forgot "something something GOTY's something something"

Of course. We all know fanboys on this board only play one game a year.

#232 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28452 posts) -

oh sheen's much funny much desperation.

#233 Edited by WallofTruth (1826 posts) -

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@xhawk27 said:

At the time could you play HL or HL2 on any other OS besides Windows?

Don't try he will weasel some twat tactic to THINK he's right. He's dumb as the day is long.

...says the guy who can't remember his own argument

and blames others for being punished for his dumb behavior

Says the snitch? Half-life and windows are linked. I don't need to prove facts.

Prove that none of those 20 million people didn't buy windows to play Half-life?

Kind of necessary? Lets say they bought windows to play PONG. They still HAD TO HAVE windows to play Half-life.

Your argument is nothing but a squirm attempt to troll. With out Windows...You DID NOT play half-life at ALL.

I don't have to link the two. They are.

I've played Half-Life 2 without Windows around 9 years ago, so your argument is wrong.

#234 Edited by WallofTruth (1826 posts) -
@b4x said:

@chessmaster1989 said:
@b4x said:

Prove how they played the game without Windows?

They are linked...Prove they're not?

/really troll?

You don't seem to understand burden of proof. You made the claim that HL2 sales were linked to Windows. When asked for proof, you provided overall sales numbers, but did not differentiate by OS. However, because your claim rested on HL2 sales being Windows sales, you are obligated to show that the HL2 sales were in fact Windows sales. He is not obligated to show otherwise.

Perhaps you shouldn't call him dumb when you don't understand burden of proof.

God...you're so stupid it's scary....

You don't need Windows to play Half-Life 2. You can play the game on

Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, OS X, Linux, Android

That are SEVEN (7) different platforms you can play the game on, wow, you've just made such a big fool out of yourself, good job.

#235 Posted by santoron (7833 posts) -

Neat stat. Something to throw around out of context for the next six months. :P

Right off the bat I imagine (as an MMOer myself) ww MMO gaming is the big differentiator here between PC and console gaming times. I'd love to see a real breakdown though.

#236 Edited by Gaming-Planet (14072 posts) -

MS is a two face company. Don't want your shitty support on PC.

#237 Edited by AM-Gamer (4436 posts) -

This is nothing new, matter of fact it's one of several reasons why I would take Sony over MS. MS has always whored out there exclusives to PC leaving me wonder why I bought a MS console. It happened to Halo, Gears of War ,Mass Effect(when MS published it) Alan Wake and the list goes on. On the other hand PS exclusives never touch the PC.

#238 Posted by WallofTruth (1826 posts) -

@OhSnapitz said:

@walloftruth said:
@OhSnapitz said:

@walloftruth said:
@Gue1 said:

Good Job.

1. A SteamBox is a PC.

Good Job yourself.

1. It's still a PC.

2. He still didn't ask a question.

3. I can't cut bullshit when there's none from me and I don't wanna touch another mans bullshit, so cut it yourself if you want it diced.

4. PC gamers love and need controllers, most people on Steam want controller support for the games they buy.

#239 Posted by WallofTruth (1826 posts) -
@AM-Gamer said:

This is nothing new, matter of fact it's one of several reasons why I would take Sony over MS. MS has always whored out there exclusives to PC leaving me wonder why I bought a MS console. It happened to Halo, Gears of War ,Mass Effect(when MS published it) Alan Wake and the list goes on. On the other hand PS exclusives never touch the PC.

That's true actually, though there are still quite a few Xbox exclusives that I'd want on my PC/PS4. Also, you can play PSX, PS2 and soon PS3 games on PC, thanks to emulators, though that's not the same of course.

#240 Edited by tormentos (19277 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I guess that means the halo bundle is coming to pc.

Lemmings can't catch a break, even MS knows xbox sucks.

Oooo I'd like that! I think the halo bundle is a great idea but I'm buggered if i'm buying a console for it.

Well buy a 360 since almost all on the collection is on 360 and you can buy them new for 8 or 10 dollars in amazon.

#241 Posted by Heil68 (46127 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic:

Well its does seem barren fir GOTY and certainly perfect 10/10 exclusives.

#242 Posted by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I guess that means the halo bundle is coming to pc.

Lemmings can't catch a break, even MS knows xbox sucks.

Oooo I'd like that! I think the halo bundle is a great idea but I'm buggered if i'm buying a console for it.

Well buy a 360 since almost all on the collection is on 360 and you can buy them new for 8 or 10 dollars in amazon.

"almost all"

I don't think that's the point of wanting a collection

#243 Edited by AM-Gamer (4436 posts) -

@walloftruth: PS3 games won't be emulated anytime soon. And by the time a game can be emulated its usually been out for years.

#244 Posted by WallofTruth (1826 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@walloftruth: PS3 games won't be emulated anytime soon. And by the time a game can be emulated its usually been out for years.

That's wrong actually, RPCS3 already plays some PS3 games so the software is already there. And it doesn't matter how long a game has been out, TLoU will be just as good in 10 years as it was last year.

#246 Posted by AM-Gamer (4436 posts) -

@walloftruth: Currently it only runs the most low level games. No major title is even remotely playable so they have a long time to go. And I'm sorry but why would I wait 10 years to play a game when I can play it now? Nobody is worried about what a pc can emulate 10 years from now when a PS5 may play every PS game ever created. Emulators on your PC is not a valid reason to skip out on a platform that has true exclusives.

#247 Edited by B4X (5625 posts) -

@walloftruth said:
@b4x said:

@chessmaster1989 said:
@b4x said:

Prove how they played the game without Windows?

They are linked...Prove they're not?

/really troll?

You don't seem to understand burden of proof. You made the claim that HL2 sales were linked to Windows. When asked for proof, you provided overall sales numbers, but did not differentiate by OS. However, because your claim rested on HL2 sales being Windows sales, you are obligated to show that the HL2 sales were in fact Windows sales. He is not obligated to show otherwise.

Perhaps you shouldn't call him dumb when you don't understand burden of proof.

God...you're so stupid it's scary....

You don't need Windows to play Half-Life 2. You can play the game on

Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, OS X, Linux, Android

That are SEVEN (7) different platforms you can play the game on, wow, you've just made such a big fool out of yourself, good job.

wallofstupid....

Half-Life 2 was released in 2004. 12-20 million copies were sold through Steam before 2011. Now look at the dates Steam was released on those other platforms you listed... Who's the fool?

Like its predecessor, Half-Life 2 was met with critical acclaim.[13][14] It was praised for its advanced physics, animation, sound, AI, graphics, and narrative. The game won 39 "Game of the Year" awards[15] and the title of "Game Of The Decade" at the 2012 Spike Video Game Awards.[16][17][18][19] Over 6.5 million copies of Half-Life 2 were sold at retail by December 3, 2008,[20] (not including the number of sales via Steam).[21] As of February 9, 2011, Half-Life 2 has sold over 12 million copies.[22]

Observe the dates...smart guy...and platforms that had steam at the point that 12-20 million copies have all ready sold On Steam windows.

Mobile platforms[edit]

Valve released an official Steam client for iOS and Android devices in late January 2012, following a short beta period.[138] The application allows players to log into their accounts to browse the storefront, manage their games, and communicate with friends in the Steam community. Newell stated that the application was a strong request from Steam users and sees it as a means "to make [Steam] richer and more accessible for everyone".[139]

OS X[edit]

On March 8, 2010, Valve announced that Steam was developing a client for OS X.[109] The announcement was preceded by a change in the Steam beta client to support the cross-platform WebKit web browser rendering engine instead of the Trident engine of Internet Explorer.[110][111][112] Before this announcement, Valve teased the release by e-mailing several image to Mac community and gaming websites; the images featured characters from Valve games with Apple logos and parodies of vintage Macintosh advertisements.[113][114] Valve developed a full video homage to Apple's 1984 Macintosh commercial to announce the availability of Half-Life 2 and its episodes on the service; some concept images for the video had previously been used to tease the Mac Steam client.[115]

Linux[edit]

Valve announced in July 2012 that it was developing a Steam client for Linux and modifying the Source engine to work natively on Linux, based on the Ubuntu distribution.[118] This announcement followed months of speculation, primarily from the website Phoronix that had discovered evidence of Linux developing in recent builds of Steam and other Valve software.[119] Newell stated that getting Steam and games to work on Linux is a key strategy for Valve; Newell called the closed nature of Microsoft Windows 8, "a catastrophe for everyone in the PC space", and that Linux would maintain "the openness of the platform".[120] Valve is extending support to any developers that want to bring their games to Linux, by "making it as easy as possible for anybody who's engaged with us—putting their games on Steam and getting those running on Linux", according to Newell.[120]

#248 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (16809 posts) -

@b4x said:

Over 6.5 million copies of Half-Life 2 were sold at retail by December 3, 2008,[20] (not including the number of sales via Steam)

Half Life 2 (non-Orange Box) released on the original XBox back in 2005. I take it the 6.5 million are all XBox sales. Or does it include Orange Box 360 sales?

#249 Edited by B4X (5625 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@b4x said:

Over 6.5 million copies of Half-Life 2 were sold at retail by December 3, 2008,[20] (not including the number of sales via Steam)

Half Life 2 (non-Orange Box) released on the original XBox back in 2005. I take it the 6.5 million are all XBox sales. Or does it include Orange Box 360 sales?

It separates Xbox and Steam sales on Wiki. My numbers were Half-life 2 stand alone on steam. I have no clue what the orange box sold or even if they are combining the numbers?

EDIT: For lifetime sales.

#250 Edited by Heil68 (46127 posts) -

If MS only followed SONY's proven track record of live, learn and love.