First 6 months of sales for the leading PS4/X1(NDP only)

#1 Edited by Speak_Low (1258 posts) -

A few tings about this graph:

- I know there are many factors not mentioned in the graph which would affect the results (like console shortages, price differences, etc)

- But it shows, that despite all the talk about the PS4 and X1 going through a slow period + no games, or destined for the same problems that have hurt the Wii U, this graph will remind people that the PS4 and X1 are doing record-selling business.

- Xbox One ($500 clams isn't cheap, man!) is doing very well and selling at a better pace than the Xbox 360. Sales only looks slow because the PS4 is selling like crazy every month.

- Now Sheep will understand why the Wii U gets laughed at all the time. What the hell is that line on the bottom?

Looks like a bench that could seat 6 people at a buffet. Talk about flat-lining sales and consumer interest.

Graph taken from NeoGaf's April 2014 NPD thread

- PS4 and X1 fans: give your company a high-five today. They have accomplished quite a lot (more or less) and this is especially impressive in today's increasingly competitive market. A $500 and $400 console, in the land of popular mobile, tablets and last-gen hardware, is still kicking lots of ass

- Sheep. You have a seat there on that blue line and think about what your Iwata did.

#2 Posted by Vatusus (5123 posts) -

Thats only NPD though. The XOne is not second of all time in a Worldwide perspective

#3 Posted by Telekill (5058 posts) -

I wonder what the world wide stats are?

#4 Posted by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -

Should've used the same color for all systems...

#5 Posted by stereointegrity (10831 posts) -

xbone domination

#6 Posted by cantloginnow (301 posts) -

Im waiting for the ps4 to nose dive when consumers realize there's nothing on the console to warrant a purchase.Sony better have a good E3,they cant rely on last E3 and fanboys to sell the console much longer.

#7 Edited by SolidTy (45767 posts) -

TC it is not clear what territory you are dealing with although at the very bottom there is a link to another forum thread. Another user pointed out that's North America, but your title and OP make it seem like the definitive data aka worldwide numbers.

This is why I stay out of sales threads, too many variables to juggle and you have to interpret misinterpreted data while batting off trolls (not here yet).

#8 Edited by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

Should've used the same color for all systems...

I was thinking that, now I know how colour blind people feel.

#9 Posted by ConanTheStoner (7290 posts) -

If anybody on this board got abused by Nintendo as a child, it was the OP.

#10 Edited by misterpmedia (4369 posts) -

@stereointegrity said:

xbone domination

#11 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3785 posts) -

As if we didn't have enough idiots making threads.

#12 Edited by stereointegrity (10831 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@stereointegrity said:

xbone domination

#13 Posted by ConanTheStoner (7290 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

As if we didn't have enough idiots making threads.

Usually I'd agree, but OP gets a free pass for being a victim.

#14 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3785 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner:

You're right, how insensitive of me. Poor guy.

#15 Edited by Speak_Low (1258 posts) -

Mods can you edit the title to show that it's for NPD only

As for others, I told you to have a seat on that blue Wii U line. A couple of you could even use the Gamecube line as a chin up bar for some exercise

#16 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

:D

#17 Posted by Speak_Low (1258 posts) -

@Telekill said:

I wonder what the world wide stats are?

@Vatusus said:

Thats only NPD though. The XOne is not second of all time in a Worldwide perspective

You guys are right - it'll be different if we take in worldwide numbers (isn't PS2 the highest?)
I don't have the numbers but will look at GAF to see if they posted it somewhere.

#18 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8843 posts) -

Can you please redo the graph and make the color indicating Xbox One sales a slightly darker green? Thanks in advance.

#19 Posted by Telekill (5058 posts) -

@speak_low: Oh, I was merely curious. I'm not negating the NPD numbers are impressive for both PS4 and X1.

#20 Posted by ConanTheStoner (7290 posts) -

In all seriousness though, are there even any legit sheep left on this board?

I know there is the ever delusional and grammatically impaired MarioKart64Fan... not even sure if he posts here anymore. Then you have Pikminmaniac, but even that guy seems to own all the major platforms. Even Charizard, the "sheep king" games on just about everything and throws Nintendo under the bus on a regular basis.

When I see guys like you and GoddyX post, it's like you two are chasing shadows. Do you ever get the feeling that your crusade here is pointless? It seems like you're almost a decade late to this board tbh.

You always seem to imply that there is some poor sucker on this board that only games on a WiiU. Who is this guy? I'd really like to know.

#21 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

oh fuck yes a graph!

#22 Posted by drummerdave9099 (868 posts) -

Cows spend all day on system wars because they have no games to play

#23 Posted by charizard1605 (60991 posts) -

lolspeak_lowthread

#24 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (2304 posts) -

so ps4 is ahead of x1 about 500k units in america? thats not that much. x1 can definitely catch up at least in the US because the 360 owned ps3 in US.

#25 Posted by KBFloYd (14633 posts) -

i dont understand the graph :(

#26 Edited by super600 (31031 posts) -
@speak_low said:

Mods can you edit the title to show that it's for NPD only

As for others, I told you to have a seat on that blue Wii U line. A couple of you could even use the Gamecube line as a chin up bar for some exercise

You can change the title yourself by using the full edit button if you want. If you want to change the title get rid of the word console in your OP.I think that may reduce the word count a bit.I changed it for you anyway, but that's the easiest way for you to edit the title of your threads if you need to in the future

#27 Edited by D4RKL1NG (271 posts) -

#28 Posted by Life-is-a-Game (588 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

I know there is the ever delusional and grammatically impaired MarioKart64Fan... not even sure if he posts here anymore. Then you have Pikminmaniac, but even that guy seems to own all the major platforms. Even Charizard, the "sheep king" games on just about everything and throws Nintendo under the bus on a regular basis.

When I see guys like you and GoddyX post, it's like you two are chasing shadows. Do you ever get the feeling that your crusade here is pointless? It seems like you're almost a decade late to this board tbh.

You always seem to imply that there is some poor sucker on this board that only games on a WiiU. Who is this guy? I'd really like to know.

Yes you are right .. I don't believe there exists a pure sheep in this forum, and definitely pure sheep are a rarity in real life. But that's the beauty of it: Nintendo is a damn great secondary console or it can coexist nicely with other consoles. I mean there is a point in owning Ps4+WiiU or X1+WiiU but there is no real point in owning X1+Ps4 combo.

However, there are some fans here who defend Nintendo even if they are not pure sheep because they have a soft spot for Nintendo, and because other fans like cows or lems are such Nintendo haters and criticize them blindly that you feel the need to go against them :P

#29 Posted by aroxx_ab (10710 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

As far i know, Xboner is not even released Worldwide yet....:D

#30 Edited by Speak_Low (1258 posts) -

@super600 said:

You can change the title yourself by using the full edit button if you want. If you want to change the title get rid of the word console in your OP.I think that may reduce the word count a bit.I changed it for you anyway, but that's the easiest way for you to edit the title of your threads if you need to in the future

Thank you for the title edit and info (I thought only Mods could edit titles)

@ConanTheStoner said:

I'm less concerned with what a person owns and would rather acknowledge the spirit of their arguments. I get called a Cow all the time here, and yet I don't even own a PS4, and have an Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii. Where is your label now?

And yet, I'm not exactly shedding the Cow designation because I do defend the PS4 a lot (not blindly like you think, but to attack the misrepresentations of the system that I feel are being made around here).

And once again, I think this thread has some statistically meaningful purpose. That beautiful graph shows the PS4 and X1 are doing a little better than we all think, and the Wii U is doing worse than many of us remembered. True, it's only NPD and only shows the first 6 month launch windows, but I believe modest projections can be made from them. If anything, you see where and how consumers are spending their money.

This is important to know going into E3. It will recalibrate your perspective on what needs to be done by these three companies. IMO, Sony and MS only have to maintain a certain level of sales and still be doing well (even ahead of other consoles). Nintendo needs to regain what they have lost. Climbing up a steep hill is a lot harder than maintaining a level pace. Newsflash at 11.

#31 Edited by SecretPolice (23335 posts) -

Graph'ics King Confirmed. :P

#32 Posted by jsmoke03 (13132 posts) -

this data is okay but how about the variables of supply constraint...xb1 has NO problems with this.