A few tings about this graph:
- I know there are many factors not mentioned in the graph which would affect the results (like console shortages, price differences, etc)
- But it shows, that despite all the talk about the PS4 and X1 going through a slow period + no games, or destined for the same problems that have hurt the Wii U, this graph will remind people that the PS4 and X1 are doing record-selling business.
- Xbox One ($500 clams isn't cheap, man!) is doing very well and selling at a better pace than the Xbox 360. Sales only looks slow because the PS4 is selling like crazy every month.
- Now Sheep will understand why the Wii U gets laughed at all the time. What the hell is that line on the bottom?
Looks like a bench that could seat 6 people at a buffet. Talk about flat-lining sales and consumer interest.
Graph taken from NeoGaf's April 2014 NPD thread
- PS4 and X1 fans: give your company a high-five today. They have accomplished quite a lot (more or less) and this is especially impressive in today's increasingly competitive market. A $500 and $400 console, in the land of popular mobile, tablets and last-gen hardware, is still kicking lots of ass
- Sheep. You have a seat there on that blue line and think about what your Iwata did.