Firewatch announcement trailer - PC exclusive

#1 Edited by harry_james_pot (10951 posts) -

I've never heard of the game before. Seems to be story focused, which is awesome. And I really love the art style as well. :)

What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by clyde46 (46634 posts) -

I have no idea what the fuck is going on but I like it.

#3 Posted by mems_1224 (47293 posts) -

Saw part of their PAX Panel and it was a weird and interesting looking game.

#4 Posted by lawlessx (46779 posts) -

sounds interesting..ill keep an eye on this

#5 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10607 posts) -

Adventure, eh? Well I really like the premise and the art is phenomenal.

#6 Edited by Snugenz (11892 posts) -

Sounds interesting, like the TF2-esque artstyle also.

#7 Posted by with_teeth26 (6191 posts) -

Great trailer, very intrigued by this

#8 Posted by parkurtommo (27260 posts) -

I would be excited, if they didn't make the kid's chubby ass limbs occupy half the screen. I mean wtf?

Whatever, I hope he doesn't hog the screen too much. The game looks amazing.

#9 Posted by TheFadeForever (1832 posts) -

Oculus Rift support?

#10 Posted by harry_james_pot (10951 posts) -
@parkurtommo said:

I would be excited, if they didn't make the kid's chubby ass limbs occupy half the screen. I mean wtf?

Whatever, I hope he doesn't hog the screen too much. The game looks amazing.

It reminds me a bit of the character art in TF2.

#11 Posted by PapaTrop (1362 posts) -

What I got from that trailer is that you're a park ranger supposed to be on the lookout for fires in your tower, but for some reason you leave your tower, and there is some potentially sexual tension between you and your walkie talkie waifu.

#12 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

Then aliens come... probably.

#13 Posted by Gamerno6666 (1640 posts) -

WTF is up with his hand?

And these games never stay pc exclusive.

#14 Posted by parkurtommo (27260 posts) -

@Gamerno6666 said:

WTF is up with his hand?

And these games never stay pc exclusive.

And what games would those be?

#15 Posted by parkurtommo (27260 posts) -

@harry_james_pot said:
@parkurtommo said:

I would be excited, if they didn't make the kid's chubby ass limbs occupy half the screen. I mean wtf?

Whatever, I hope he doesn't hog the screen too much. The game looks amazing.

It reminds me a bit of the character art in TF2.

Which is a very conflicting design choice... This trailer set a very serious tone and yet you have this kid (or an adult? looks like a kid) with really chubby proportions hogging half of the screen. Completely disrupts the tone, at least for me. Note that TF2 is not a serious game at all.

#16 Posted by harry_james_pot (10951 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@harry_james_pot said:
@parkurtommo said:

I would be excited, if they didn't make the kid's chubby ass limbs occupy half the screen. I mean wtf?

Whatever, I hope he doesn't hog the screen too much. The game looks amazing.

It reminds me a bit of the character art in TF2.

Which is a very conflicting design choice... This trailer set a very serious tone and yet you have this kid (or an adult? looks like a kid) with really chubby proportions hogging half of the screen. Completely disrupts the tone, at least for me. Note that TF2 is not a serious game at all.

It's odd, but maybe it'll make more sense when we know more about the game.

#17 Edited by Cloud_imperium (3762 posts) -

This was announced few months ago . Nice to finally see trailer of it . IGN had article about it , saying that every action has its complete animation and there not a single moment when you can't see characters' hands or legs not moving accordingly .

#18 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@Gamerno6666 said:

And these games never stay pc exclusive.

PC has more high scoring exclusives than all systems combined, the last 2 gens.

#19 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (1220 posts) -

After that trailer I still have no idea what the fuck the game is about but that it has to do with forest and fire.

So...meh.

#20 Posted by PapaTrop (1362 posts) -

@edwardecl said:

Then aliens come... probably.

That's what I was thinking too. I almost wrote it in my post.

#21 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3762 posts) -

@papatrop said:

@edwardecl said:

Then aliens come... probably.

That's what I was thinking too. I almost wrote it in my post.

Actually , from what I've read it is story about some fire accident in the forest (based on real event) , which killed a lot of people . Of course this is not 100% true story but it takes place during that event . IGN had article about it few months ago .

#22 Edited by s_h_a_d_o (1295 posts) -

@harry_james_pot said:

I've never heard of the game before.

Seriously?

You guys 'n' gals really need to get out more...

https://www.idlethumbs.net/

#23 Edited by melonfarmerz (1189 posts) -

If this were a PS4 exclusive, my god the amount of hype it would get for its art style.

OT, great trailer. I like how they don't reveal the plot at all but draw you in with mystery instead.

#24 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (1220 posts) -

@melonfarmerz said:

If this were a PS4 exclusive, my god the amount of hype it would get for its art style.

OT, great trailer. I like how they don't reveal the plot at all but draw you in with mystery instead.

Kinda like how theres no gameplay shown...no point of the story shown....no info what so ever really...and the PC crowd is like "OMG....totally the exclusive thats worth raving about".

#25 Edited by marinko123 (414 posts) -

Looks rad, gives me stalker vibes when it comes to atmosphere (desolation, loneliness).

#26 Posted by melonfarmerz (1189 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Kinda like how theres no gameplay shown...no point of the story shown....no info what so ever really...and the PC crowd is like "OMG....totally the exclusive thats worth raving about".

There's been a new PC exclusive trailer every 2 or 3 days. What was the last console trailer? Fucking counterspy?

#27 Posted by BldgIrsh (2701 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog: Agreed. They should've shown the guys face in a puddle of water with a cut on his forehead with a fly crawling on it. Would've brought far more information about the game. And the hype levels would be tremendous.

#28 Edited by HaloinventedFPS (4732 posts) -

Looks interesting, didn't know it was PC exclusive until the devs said they might release it on consoles later on, i get annoyed how all the big games sites (IGN especially) never say when a game is PC exclusive (which is why i didn't know), but when a game is Console exclusive, they can't stop shouting it from the rooftops

#29 Posted by freedomfreak (41036 posts) -

Seems Ralph has gotten himself out of his own game again.

#30 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (739 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@melonfarmerz said:

If this were a PS4 exclusive, my god the amount of hype it would get for its art style.

OT, great trailer. I like how they don't reveal the plot at all but draw you in with mystery instead.

Kinda like how theres no gameplay shown...no point of the story shown....no info what so ever really...and the PC crowd is like "OMG....totally the exclusive thats worth raving about".

Well, people (cows especially) did/do the same with No Man's Sky, a game that has showed practically nothing.

#31 Edited by harry_james_pot (10951 posts) -

@melonfarmerz said:

If this were a PS4 exclusive, my god the amount of hype it would get for its art style.

OT, great trailer. I like how they don't reveal the plot at all but draw you in with mystery instead.

These days we know too much about games before release. Obviously they're gonna show more stuff, but I hope they keep this mystery going.

#32 Posted by RR360DD (12001 posts) -

One of my favourite graphic designers is working on this.

You should check him out

http://ollymoss.com/

#33 Posted by marinko123 (414 posts) -

@RR360DD:

LOL!

Some wicked stuff there. Oh how I hate being reminded that I need to start learning how to draw, but I have so many unimportant and downright cancerous stuff to project onto paper, I MUST START SOON!