Fire Tv controller has sold out.Micro consoles to take over?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

I enjoy these little micro consoles. I own an ouya and now a fire tv. There are some quality games to be played that are affordable. There is no where else where you can play more high quality old school games as well.

Amazon.com are the #1 retailer in the world. Since launch the fire TV has remained a #1 best seller. The controller has sold old. There is also rumors of google creating another box with gaming as an option.

Small box gaming at a fraction of the cost (both hardware and software) maybe appealing to the mass consumer vs spending $400-$500 plus $60 per title.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

There is always a place for cheaper arcade gaming however I do not think it has the mass appeal that traditional consoles such as Ninty, PS and Xbox have, I would consider small box gaming as an addition to my current set up but I would never sacrifice my traditional console. The 360 had fantastic arcade game support last generation.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

As you say my friend, amazon are basically the largest shop in the world with potentially the largest ability to advertise. t will be very difficult for this to flop and not put the xbone out of it's misery once and for all.

mario-galaxys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mario-galaxys
Member since 2011 • 574 Posts

Need 500 posts in your account.