Fire Emblem: Awakening HYPE Thread Famitsu Review!!!!(56k)

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

INFO

Fire Emblem: Kakusei(Fire Emblem: Awakening) is a brand newFire Emblemgame for the Nintendo 3DS, announced at Nintendo's 2011 3DS Conference ahead of the 2011Tokyo Game Show. The conference site states that the story focuses on the prince of the Kingdom of Iris and his companions as they struggle during a turbulent era. Players are said to be able to combine the might of nearby allies to enter dual battles to defeat enemies. Gameplay footage shows that the traversable world map, last seen inFire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, and special skills likeAstrafromFire Emblem: Radiant Dawnmake a return. This game will feature a player character that can be customized, a feature last seen inFire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~. Just like in the previously game the player can choose c1ass.ic mode and casual mode.

The Japanese release will be on April 19th of 2012; the European release has been announced, though no date has been set, except for it being released in 2012. An American release has not been announced.

Characters

Gaia

Fredrick

Emelina

Ronku

Krom -Lord

Astra

Sol

Soriee

Geriba

Cullum

(note: Translation names may subject to change)

**Confirmed**

Prince Marth -Shadow Dragon

Clea -Gaiden (JP only)

Ira -Seisen no Keifu (JP only)

Innes -Sacred Stones

source

Gameplay

• The Free Map system, similar to the world map ofGaidenandThe Sacred Stones, allows the player to walk across the map to different locations to battle or shop.
  • A new included feature called "dual system" activates when a character attacks an enemy unit and an ally is besides them. This mode powers up the abilities of the attacking unit as well as the ally unit helping with attacks.[6]
  • Just as inShin Monshou no Nazo, theMy Unitconcept is used again - a customizable main character, representing the player and playing a large part in the story.
  • Also returning from the directly previous game is the option to turn off the permanency of character death. This is most likely included to attract newer players.
  • Branching promotions return fromThe Sacred Stones, allowing for further unit customization.

As with all Fire Emblem games, there are many different sty1es of characters now with four new sty1e

Returning c1ass

Returned c1ass

1. Lord
  2. Cavalier(promotes to Paladin or Great Knight)
  3. Paladin
  4. Great Knight
  5. Cleric(promotes to Battle Cleric or Sage)
  6. Mage
  7. Armor Knight
  8. Sage
  9. Myrmidon
  10. Pegasus Knight

New c1ass

1. Battle Cleric
  2. Battle Monk
  3. Trickster
  4. Taguel

New Features

• Dual Battles fighting against an enemy.
  • Characters can Cut In Off before they perform aCritical Attack.
  • According to the Japanese Nikkei newspaper, this will be the first Nintendo 3DS title to have paiddownloadable content, consisting of maps, episodes, and characters from previous games.

***NEW INFO on DLC***

- topic of download content came up towards the end of the project
- the question of whether they should do DLC came up, rather than the team saying they were
- Iwata feels that DLC shouldn't appear as if you removed main game content to turn into DLC
- Kohei Maeda, director at Intelligent Systems, says his team is working on DLC and will continue to do so
- players will receive a "SpotPass Team" on a nearly daily basis
- team will consist of characters made in the image of past Fire Emblem characters
- fight them, make them into allies, and more
- roughly 120 teams will be received through SpotPass
- a first-person option was added because the team thought it would would go well with the 3D

Thank you Yangire

Videos

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

Trailer 3

Gameplay 1*NEW

Commercial 1*NEW

Pictures/Screens

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FireEmblem_Man

Interview

Rejected Content

Would you play a Fire Emblem game set in modern times? Or how about a Mars setting for the ****c strategy franchise?

These were some of the ideas that were suggested when Fire Emblem Awakening started development. Producer Hitoshi Yamagami refers to the modern Fire Emblem as "Fire Emblem 2011."

The development staff at Intelligent Systems and Nintendo provided some insights into the development of this brand new Fire Emblem game in the latest Iwata Asks column.

Yamagami and Intelligent Systems project manager Higuchi Masahiro were thinking about what would end up being Fire Emblem Awakening game during the development of DS remake Fire Emblem: Shin Monsho no Nazo. They were planning on making a new game, and even considered using a different world or even modern times. In the end, they decided to instead make the game into a compilation of sorts for the series, bringing together all the good elements of past titles.

As with most Iwata Asks columns, this one is filled with fun little insight's about the game's development. For instance, character designer and illustrator Yusuke Kozaki remarked that this is the first time he's had to design so many characters for a game. Initially, someone at Nintendo contacted him via his homepage and asked if he could design around 60 or so characters. "Is this for a Fire Emblem game?" replied Kozaki. However, he was told that the identity of the game had to be kept secret.

Source (Via Andriasang.com)

Full Iwata Ask interview(in Japanese)

Fire Emblem Awakening Lets You Marry Your My Units

The second Iwata Asks column for Fire Emblem Awakening reveals that this original 3DS entry in the series has love elements

Genki Yokota, the game's director on Nintendo's side, explained that one of the major themes for the new game is love of the characters, so he really wanted to add a marriage system to the game. Producer Hitoshi Yamagami felt the same way, saying that the marriage elements from Super Famicom's Fire Emblem Seisen no Keifu, the first time such elements appeared in the series, left a great impression in him.

For Awakening's marriage system, they increased the variation of the possible couple combinations. You can marry any of your allies, and your My Unit characters too.

The development staff created special graphics for proposals. Some on the team even suggested that they make kiss faces for all the characters.

Source: Andriasang

History (For First timers)

Since Super Smash Bros. Melee released on the Game Cube in 2001, two unknown Nintendo characters appeared. Marth from the first game can only be unlocked by using all 14 characters and Roy is unlocked by completing c1assic mode with Marth. Now, today Fire Emblem has become a well known title in the West by it's latest remake release, Shadow Dragon re-introducing Marths tale on the Nintendo DS.

Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi

The first Fire Emblem game and argubly the first Strategy RPG for its time. It was based on the Famicom Wars (Very first Advance Wars title) engine, but with role playing elements. It never came out to the West due to the release of the SNES in 1990 in North America and Europe. The game is remade for the Nintedo DS known as Shadow Dragon.

Personal Note: This game is extremely outdated, I would not recommend this for beginners, but if you are interested in Marth's tale then the Remake Shadow Dragon will help out.

Fire Emblem Gaiden

The second installment in theFire Emblem series developed by Intelligent Systems and published by Nintendo. The game was released on March 14, 1992 in Japan. It is also the second and finalFire Emblemseries title to be released exclusively on the Famicom (Nintendo Entertainment System). It serves as a side story to the original game ("Gaiden" is literally Japanese for "side story"). Set in the same game world, the events ofFire Emblem Gaidenactually take place on a different location: the continentValencia, and thus have no bearing on the first game's narrative. However, a few characters from the original game, such as the pegasus knight sisters, do make return appearances. The game was referenced inSuper Smash Bros. Brawlwith one music track and some Stickers.

Personal Note: Like Super Mario Bros. 2 and Zelda II: Adventures of Link, the game was definitely different than its prequel. If you liked Sacred Stones, then you'll love this title.

Fire Emblem: Monshō no Nazo

It was released in Japan on January 21, 1994. It was the firstFire Emblemtitle for the Nintendo Super Famicom and the first twenty-four-megabit cartridge for the system. The game is divided into two distinct parts, or "books". Book One is a remake of the originalFire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi, and Book Two is a continuation of events, following the same characters. In 1996 KSS released an anime OVA,Fire Emblem, based onMonshō no Nazo.Fire Emblem: Monshō no Nazowas released in Japan on the Wii's Virtual Console service on December 26, 2006.

Personal Note: This was remade for the Nintendo DS, with new features including customizing your own personal unit that fills in the story. However the remake is to be determine to release in the West, heck it maybe Japanese exclusive only. This is the only Fire Emblem game that remade the first half of the game and included some new chapters, but eliminated 5 characters. The second half of the game is completely a new title with the same characters, but includes new maps and a deeper story than the first title.

Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, is a JapaneseSuper Famicomtactical role-playing game developed byIntelligent Systemsand published byNintendo. It was released on May 14, 1996 in Japan. It is the fourth title in theFire Emblem series, the secondFire Emblemtitle for the Super Famicom, and the last game produced by the late Gunpei Yokoi. The game has received recognition outside Japan through imports and console emulation, and was unofficially translated into English through emulation. It was released on the Japanese Virtual Console service on January 30, 2007. The game was originally to be titled as Fire Emblem: Light Inheritors.

Personal Note: This is my most favorite of all other Fire Emblem games. If you like Norse Mythology, you'll love this game. It's a shame that it was never released in the West because I'm sure everyone would enjoy the vast open maps and the deep compelling triangle system that started it all (Really, it makes the GBA triangle system for n00bs) and rich dark story. I'd definitely recommend this game for beginners.

Video Gameplay:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHojf8JCvws

Fire Emblem: Thracia 776

It was originally released through "Nintendo Power" service on September 1 1999. The ROM version of the game was released on January 21 2000, during the last days of the Super Famicom. Later the game was released on the Wii through the Virtual Console, however it is only available in Japan. The graphics are similar to but more realistic than those of Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu.

Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 is a midquel that takes place between Chapters 5 and 8 of the previous game,Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu. Characters include those fromFire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu, such as Leaf, Fin, Delmud and Nanna. Several other characters fromSeisen no Keifumake cameos such as Serlis, Julius, Julia, Altenna, Corpul, and Hannibal. There are also original characters such as Halvan, Othin, Rifis, Shiva, Dagda, Machua, and Mareeta. It takes place in the Thracian peninsula in southeastern Jugdral.

Personal Note: Before Radiant Dawn, this was one of the hardest Fire Emblem games. You start out with two powerful characters while the main character is weak until you build him up through out the course of the game. This is an interesting game because it's not a sequel to Seisen no Keifu, instead its a mid-quel explaining the events before the second half of the 4th title.

Video Gameplay:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11J9Ji7nU1k

TearRing Saga: Utna Heroes Saga

A tactical role playing game developed byShozo Kaga, after he left Intelligent Systems, and formed his own studio: Tirnanog. Due to the fact that its original name,Emblem Saga, was so similar toFire Emblemand the gameplay is very similar, Nintendo decided to file a lawsuit of copyright infringement, but the game was ruled as not being a breach of copyright. Nonetheless, an acceptable solution was reached and the title of the game was changed toTearRingSaga. Due to this some fans may consider TRS as a rip off of theFire Emblemseries, but many also enjoy its vivid gameplay and storyline.

Personal Note: This is the made by the traitorous former Nintendo Developer known as Shozu Kaga. He was the original maker of the Fire Emblem series, then he left Nintendo and made this abomination ripoff that's so similar to the first Fire Emblem games. Netherless, it's still a great game and a rare Playstation gem.

Fire Emblem: Fūin no Tsurugi

The game was released on March 29, 2002 in Japan, is the sixth game in theFire Emblem seriesand the first of three games in the series that have appeared on Nintendo's Game Boy Advance handheld. As of now, it is the lastFire Emblemgame to be released exclusively in Japan. Its previous title wasFire Emblem:Ankoku no Miko (暗黒の巫女 Maiden of the Dark). In Super Smash Bros Brawl, the stickers of Roy,Lilina,Rutger(as Rutoga), and Dieck(as Deke) state that they are fromFire Emblem: The Binding Blade. This is possibly the official Nintendo translation of the game's title.

Personal Note: We may never see this title come out of Japan, despite this being the future story of the 7th title. Who knows, maybe they'll translate the game and we may see this as a GBA VC game on the 3DS? One could dream :(

Fire Emblem

The seventh game of theFire Emblemseries, the second game in the series to be released for the Game Boy Advance and the first to be released in both North America and Europe. This game introduced Fire Emblem to the Western audience. It is the prequel to Fire Emblem: Fūin no Tsurugi, and takes place over two years in game, with the events of Fire Emblem: Fūin no Tsurugi occurring twenty years after that.Roy, the hero ofFire Emblem: Fūin no Tsurugiis born sometime within 15 years after the conclusion of Rekka no Ken.Fire Emblem averages an 88.3 percent rating on Game Rankings which makes it the highest rated Fire Emblem game onGame Rankings

Personal Note: The best game for beginners hands down. Also the first Fire Emblem title to come out of Japan. It has has a solid story and clears up some holes from the 6th installment.

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

the eighth game in theFire Emblem series, the third and final game in the series to be released for the Game Boy Advance and the second game in the series to be released outside Japan.

The game builds on the game mechanics used in the previous two Game Boy AdvanceFire Emblemtitles;Fire Emblem: Fūin no TsurugiandFire Emblem: Rekka no Ken; but takes place on a different continent. Set on the continent of Magvel, the plot focuses on royal twins PrincessEirikaand PrinceEphraimas they investigate why a longtime ally has chosen to invade their nation's borders and the sudden appearance of monsters all over Magvel.

Personal Note: One of the easiest titles, yet brings back old mechanics founded in Fire Emblem Gaiden. You can easily grind out your characters to their max potential. This is a personal favorite of mine.

Reviews

Famistu 9-9-9-9http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=175334

Release Date

Japan: April 19th 2012

Europe: Later 2012

North America: Reggie hates us :(

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I'll probably get it. This thread is a bit plain; lacking screenshots.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#4 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
If it is released in America I will definitely be getting it
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I'm American, so I can't guess until it gets a US release date. O_o

iHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 iHarlequin
Member since 2011 • 1928 Posts

I guess I'll check it out. I was thinking of picking the one for the Wii up, but the average score discouraged me.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

Reviews

Release Date

Europe: Later 2010

FireEmblem_Man

Whaaaaat!? :shock:

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Never played a FE game (which probably won't change thanks to Reggie :P), but the video for this one looked awesome. Now I see these screenshots of its same ol crappy 2D tactical battle screen. I thought it might be a better looking fully 3D more traditional RPG experience, but I guess not. I just usually dislike Strategy JRPG's that have the grid and all.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
This game's coming out in 2014 and we don't even have a Kid Icarus hype thread yet :x Who's volunteering?
Labavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Labavo
Member since 2012 • 443 Posts

I'm still mad they never brought Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem over here. I guess it was too close to the 3DS' release date... At least I hope that was the release.

I think we'll be seeing this game. I mean, if they're bringing over niche Japanese RPGs from unestablished franchises when the WiiU is about to release, they have to bring over a Fire Emblem game... right?

If not, I think I'll just buy a European Wii U come this fall.

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts
>Whaaaaat!? :shock:Technoweirdo
It was confirmed during the last Ninty Direct. Anyway, getting the game day 1.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
[QUOTE="Technoweirdo"]>Whaaaaat!? :shock:ShuichiChamp24

I think his shocked look is because it says "LATER 2010" which.. means it would be out now... :P
ThumpyBowser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ThumpyBowser
Member since 2011 • 369 Posts
Looks like it could be best portable strategy game ever made.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
This better release in the states.
ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ShuichiChamp24
[QUOTE="ShuichiChamp24"][QUOTE="Technoweirdo"]>Whaaaaat!? :shock:yoshi_64

I think his shocked look is because it says "LATER 2010" which.. means it would be out now... :P

I didn't see that, twice, now i'm ashamed of myself.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

AA. After seeing the overview trailer this game looks like it is shaping up pretty good.

[QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]

Reviews

Release Date

Europe: Later 2010

Technoweirdo

Whaaaaat!? :shock:

OMG it already released in Europe and even before the 3DS came out?:o

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FireEmblem_Man
[QUOTE="ShuichiChamp24"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="ShuichiChamp24"] It was confirmed during the last Ninty Direct. Anyway, getting the game day 1.

I didn't see that, twice, now i'm ashamed of myself.

I fixed it already :oops:
FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FireEmblem_Man

Never played a FE game (which probably won't change thanks to Reggie :P), but the video for this one looked awesome. Now I see these screenshots of its same ol crappy 2D tactical battle screen. I thought it might be a better looking fully 3D more traditional RPG experience, but I guess not. I just usually dislike Strategy JRPG's that have the grid and all.

NaveedLife
You should at least give it a try, I recommend playing the older SNES games first or GBA Fire Emblem first. They're really great, especially if you're a fan of Advance Wars.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

FireEmblem_Man

You should at least give it a try, I recommend playing the older SNES games first or GBA Fire Emblem first. They're really great, especially if you're a fan of Advance Wars.

I would definitely give it a try. I just never have been a fan of things like FF tactics and stategy games like C and C.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FireEmblem_Man

I guess I'll check it out. I was thinking of picking the one for the Wii up, but the average score discouraged me.

iHarlequin
I don't recommend Radiant Dawn to beginners, the game is too brutally hard. Check out the GBA games or get Path of Radiance (note: Having Path of Radiance helps make Radiant Dawn easy).. Really, the Wii game was marked down for being too hard.
CLOUDsea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CLOUDsea
Member since 2012 • 1095 Posts
I've never actually played Fire Emblem, but I've played plenty of SRPGs and would like to. Hopefully it's localized. If not, I'm dumping my NA 3DS and buying a Japanese one.
FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FireEmblem_Man
I've never actually played Fire Emblem, but I've played plenty of SRPGs and would like to. Hopefully it's localized. If not, I'm dumping my NA 3DS and buying a Japanese one. CLOUDsea
You can play Path of Radiance which is a GC title if you like
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bigboi500

This better release in the states.sammyjenkis898
OR ELSE we're coming for YOU Regg! *pumps shotgun*

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

I'd hype it but I know that it isn't going to get a release in the US. :|

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
Do we even know if it will release in the US?
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#27 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]This better release in the states.Bigboi500

OR ELSE we're coming for YOU Regg! *pumps shotgun*

Got an extra weapon for me? It better release here. x:

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FireEmblem_Man
Do we even know if it will release in the US? lawlessx
I'm hoping for an e3 announcement, otherwise I'll just make a plea for Operation Rainfall to help get the game over hear
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Wanderer5

I can't stop watching the new trailer, man it so good.:P I going to give The Sacred Stones another round. Interesting that Marth (if this is the Marth we know of that is)is in it. Through it would be a cameo but since he on the boxart he looks to have some major importance.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
I change my mind. I think I would definitely buy a 3DS for Fire Emblem, and some handheld stuff like pushmo.
PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

This better get localized. It's been a while since I've played some Fire Emblem and I need a fix.

I change my mind. I think I would definitely buy a 3DS for Fire Emblem, and some handheld stuff like pushmo. jg4xchamp

That's a funny way of saying "lolhandhelds"

;)

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]I change my mind. I think I would definitely buy a 3DS for Fire Emblem, and some handheld stuff like pushmo. PatchMaster

;)

That's true who are we kidding. I'd probably go to gamestop and be like

Me: One 3DS please!
Clerk: A 3DS, wonderful, will that be all sir? can we interest you in a lifetime warrenty, 70 used games, and a game reservation(my gamestops is not even that bad)
Me: LOL me buying a handheld? you're on crack. Good joke. Nah I was just here to buy Madden instead.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

FE is one of my favorite franchises of all time. I will be extremely angry if it isn't brought to NA :evil:

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

I dont simply want handheld games that are good, interesting and fun to play. I want those on the vita or none at all. Plain and simple. I cant be bothered getting a 3Ds just for a couple of decent games.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
Maybe I should get a 3DS...
PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

[QUOTE="PatchMaster"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]I change my mind. I think I would definitely buy a 3DS for Fire Emblem, and some handheld stuff like pushmo. jg4xchamp

;)

Clerk: A 3DS, wonderful, will that be all sir? can we interest you in a lifetime warrenty, 70 used games, and a game reservation(my gamestops is not even that bad)
Me: LOL me buying a handheld? you're on crack. Good joke. Nah I was just here to buy Madden instead.

I dunno, bro. Paying $60 for Madden sounds even worse than buying a handheld to me.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="PatchMaster"]

;)

PatchMaster

I dunno, bro. Paying $60 for Madden sounds even worse than buying a handheld to me.

Never doubt my commitment to lolhandhelds. Unless they make a Mother game for the 3DS. Maybe, just maybe I change my mind in that case.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wanderer5

Never doubt my commitment to lolhandhelds. Unless they make a Mother game for the 3DS. Maybe, just maybe I change my mind in that case.

jg4xchamp

I thought you gave in when Professor Layton X Phoenix Wright was revealed.:P

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
If one were to try and get into the series... where would be the best place to start?
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

Wanderer5

I thought you gave in when Professor Layton X Phoenix Wright was revealed.:P

Moments of weakness, but I've come back swinging every time.
CLOUDsea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CLOUDsea
Member since 2012 • 1095 Posts
[QUOTE="CLOUDsea"]I've never actually played Fire Emblem, but I've played plenty of SRPGs and would like to. Hopefully it's localized. If not, I'm dumping my NA 3DS and buying a Japanese one. FireEmblem_Man
You can play Path of Radiance which is a GC title if you like

I've had my eye on it.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jg4xchamp
If one were to try and get into the series... where would be the best place to start? foxhound_fox
Path of Radiance on the cube is awesome. It's an easy game, and I don't know enough about Fire Emblem if it's got a lot of cameos. Do not know how far back you would have to go to play Fire Emblem one and stuff though.
lulmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lulmont
Member since 2010 • 671 Posts

If it hits the US might get but the Art style seems worse in the series.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#44 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Basedgod says A.

Basedgod feels that the installments have been going on a downhill slide. Outside of its formulaic scenario design, it continues to move away from strategy and tactics. The recent ones liked to focus too much towards on-field experience management and thematics of over-powered characters to fit the narrative--both of which take a greater precedence over its core tactics.

Sure, you can tell the basedgod to kindly **** himself and play Advanced Wars instead, but he likes Fire Emblems sum of parts. There is potential for FE to hit a nice RPG/Strategy sweetspot by providing a better palette of management options in-between stages. Basedgod hopes this new one fixes that.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts
If one were to try and get into the series... where would be the best place to start? foxhound_fox
I started on the first one released in NA (GBA), which is the 7th game in the series. and that hooked me onto the series, so I'd recommend that. Path of Radiance (GC) was also fantastic, and wouldn't be a bad starting point. only a few of the games are set in the same universe (7 is a prequel to 6, Radiant dawn is a sequel to Path of Radiance, 3 is a sequel to 1, and 2 is a side-story to 1. otherwise, they're unrelated) so you don't really have to worry about keeping up with too much story.
ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ShuichiChamp24
The easiest games for me were Sacred stones on the GBA and Shadow Dragon on the DS both ok. Path of Radiance was awesome too.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
This is the game that will determine if i buy a 3ds (bought a gamecube, wii, and DS for Fire Emblem). It is my console seller. No US release = no 3ds for me
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
@Fox Path of Radience is the best place to start IMO. We had this discussion on TDH. Jandurin asked the same question you did...you should ask him about his experience
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Bigboi500

If you can find a copy of the first FE game (GBA) to come to the US simply named "Fire Emblem", that would be ideal because it's probably the best one overall, but it's kind of hard to find and pretty expensive. As champ said, Path of Radiance on the cube isn't very hard and a great place to start, and then you could get Radiant Dawn on Wii. It's the sequel to PoR and a bit more challenging.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]If one were to try and get into the series... where would be the best place to start? ShuichiChamp24
The easiest games for me were Sacred stones on the GBA and Shadow Dragon on the DS both ok. Path of Radiance was awesome too.

Sacred Stones would be the easiest one to start with because of the tower, one can train there and level up at anytime.