Final Showdown: Who won this gen ? (POLL)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 9 months, 17 days ago

Poll: Final Showdown: Who won this gen ? (POLL) (72 votes)

PC 25%
PS3 44%
Xbox360 17%
Wii 13%
Nintendo 3ds (the option added specifically for Charizard XD) 1%

Take into consideration not just numbers of sold units or exclusives, but gaming library in general.

#1 Posted by mems_1224 (46557 posts) -

PC was the best system, 360 was the best console

#2 Posted by Krelian-co (10374 posts) -

hhahahahhahaaa, no.

pc + ps3

can't compete with facts.

#3 Edited by mems_1224 (46557 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@mems_1224 said:

hhahahahhahaaa, no.

pc + ps3

Cool story bro

#4 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Definitely ps3. Most exclusives, most AAA exclusives, most goty exclusives, most sales. Kinda hard to argue.

#5 Posted by Krelian-co (10374 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@mems_1224 said:

hhahahahhahaaa, no.

pc + ps3

Cool story bro

i wanted to use dragons but then i wanted to keep it short and classy.

#6 Edited by Fishsticklover (247 posts) -

PS3. The glory days of PC gaming are long gone imo.

I say that because I don't care at all for games like LoL, WoW, Dota or simulators etc. PC doesn't offer great exclusives for me (atleast not anymore), PS3 does.

#7 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27385 posts) -

PC and it wasn't close.

#8 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27385 posts) -

Definitely ps3. Most exclusives, most AAA exclusives, most goty exclusives, most sales. Kinda hard to argue.

Most exclusives: PC - more than all the consoles combined I think.
Most AAA exclusives: Again PC

You should fact check your statements.

#9 Posted by Heirren (16554 posts) -

Sony. MS started out much stronger, making themselves a serious name in the industry. However, over this gen they also hurt the xbox name over the last 3 years or so. Sony more or less did the opposite, and better prepared themselves for this coming gen.

#10 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

PC by far.

#11 Posted by Heirren (16554 posts) -

@Jankarcop:

Imo the pc format has only been declining. Better hardware doesn't equate to better games. Ironically, the pc format allows for far more in depth experiences, yet most of the time it just gets glorified console ports. It does have a select few criteria unique to the format. However, when you look back to the early 2000s, genres were being defined on the platform. Games like Rainbow Six have been stript of what once made them great.

#12 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

PC won last gen for me. Stop calling it this gen, last gen is no longer current gen.

#13 Posted by clr84651 (5365 posts) -

The Wii sold the most. PS3 started a year late and too high priced and came back to take 2nd. The 360 started a year ahead and lower priced for years and ended selling about 1 million less than PS3.

#14 Posted by lostrib (34522 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

The Wii sold the most. PS3 started a year late and too high priced and came back to take 2nd. The 360 started a year ahead and lower priced for years and ended selling about 1 million less than PS3.

source?

#15 Posted by Lucianu (9351 posts) -

@Heirren said:

@Jankarcop:

Games like Rainbow Six have been stript of what once made them great.

And games like ARMA 3 took their place.

#16 Edited by StormyJoe (4901 posts) -

Everyone "won" except the PS3, which "lost". Everyone increased market share from 1 gen to the next except the PS3, which lost almost 50%.

#17 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

I had the most fun between PC and DS games.

So yeah, I win.

#18 Edited by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

@Heirren said:

@Jankarcop:

Imo the pc format has only been declining. Better hardware doesn't equate to better games. Ironically, the pc format allows for far more in depth experiences, yet most of the time it just gets glorified console ports. It does have a select few criteria unique to the format. However, when you look back to the early 2000s, genres were being defined on the platform. Games like Rainbow Six have been stript of what once made them great.

Declining or not it still whooped consoles who just had cod clones and movie games. At least PC had an intriguing indy scene for the last few years with very innovative titles, and things like RIFT and SteamController on the way.

Factually the format has been inclining, in terms of game revenue and games released (8.0+) each year.

#19 Edited by Krelian-co (10374 posts) -

@Heirren said:

@Jankarcop:

glorified ports? every single port is miles better than their counterpart. That alone makes it better, not to mention the other advantages it has.

#20 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

Guessing this is in response to my thread? LMAO. PS3 won. If you think the pc did or the Wii you have a place to argue, but if you think the 360 did...You're a lost cause

#21 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (759 posts) -

Lol360. Ps3 trounced it

#22 Edited by StormyJoe (4901 posts) -

Guessing this is in response to my thread? LMAO. PS3 won. If you think the pc did or the Wii you have a place to argue, but if you think the 360 did...You're a lost cause

The PS3 is the only console that "lost". All other platforms increased market share from the previous gen, except the PS3, which lost almost 50% from it predecessor, the PS2.

Cows... LOL!

#23 Posted by hkymike (2423 posts) -

PS3 just like the PS4 will win this new generation

#24 Posted by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -

Including PC is so unfair :P

#25 Posted by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -

Also, 3DS is this generation, Jhon, DS was last generation

#26 Edited by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

LOL PS3 beat PC? PC had a largeer aaa/aa library , better multiplats by far , best gfx, best performance, best online, etc.

I guess cows are out in full force stupid poll.

@hkymike said:

PS3 just like the PS4 will win this new generation

#27 Posted by scoots9 (3193 posts) -

3DS is 8th gen, DS won 7th gen.

#28 Edited by clyde46 (45004 posts) -

PS3. Least it had exclusives.

#29 Posted by Joedgabe (5110 posts) -

Nintendo DS for me. After the DS i would say the PC after PC i would say Ps3 then Xbox360 then Psp... then Apple then Android last and least the Wii.

#30 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

Sales and my personal opinion on games say the 360. No Sony press release has ever countered the sales claim. Nor did their quarterly report. So yeah, 360 by a nose.

#31 Posted by samanthademeste (1101 posts) -

Certainly not the gimmicky, weak, underpowered, last gen, kiddy, casual, overhyped, overpriced, overrated, archaic, hipster, weeaboo, no achievements having, no blue-ray having, shovelwhere having, no games having Wii.

#32 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6986 posts) -

Certainly not the gimmicky, weak, underpowered, last gen, kiddy, casual, overhyped, overpriced, overrated, archaic, hipster, weeaboo, no achievements having, no blue-ray having, shovelwhere having, no games having Wii.

Yep. It was a very distant 2nd place to the PC.

#33 Posted by samanthademeste (1101 posts) -

@samanthademeste said:

The Gamecube with a motion controller won in sales. Not in quality.

#34 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6986 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@samanthademeste said:

Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, TLOZ: Twilight Princess, TLOZ: Skyward Sword, SSBB, Zack and Wiki, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Little King's Story, Sin and Punishment, Muramasa, No More Heroes, and DKC Returns make a pretty compelling case, imo. The PS3 also has a nice list of exclusives, but I like the Wii's offerings slightly more.

#35 Edited by Consternated (492 posts) -

PC > Wii = PS3 > 360

#36 Edited by samanthademeste (1101 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@samanthademeste said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@samanthademeste said:

Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, TLOZ: Twilight Princess, TLOZ: Skyward Sword, SSBB, Zack and Wiki, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Little King's Story, Sin and Punishment, Muramasa, No More Heroes, and DKC Returns make a pretty compelling case, imo. The PS3 also has a nice list of exclusives, but I like the Wii's offerings slightly more.

Mario and Smash Bros, I will give you. Zelda meh. I did not like Pandora's Tower. No More Heroes, Little King's Story and Muramasa are not exclusives. I did not play Xenoblade or The Last Story, and none of the others left a big impact on me.

#37 Posted by drekula2 (1906 posts) -

Sony's PS3, which was impossible to believe in 2007.

A classic comeback story.

#38 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

HAHA!