FINAL ROUND: The best Third Person Shooter Last Gen?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) 8 months, 13 days ago

Poll: FINAL ROUND: The best Third Person Shooter Last Gen? (63 votes)

Gears of War 19%
Gears of War 2 6%
Gears of War 3 14%
Vanquish 19%
Resident Evil 5 14%
Max Payne 3 27%

From the other Thread. (With Res5 and GW2 tying.) the top 6 TPS were chosen and now it's the final round!

What was the best third person shooter last generation?

Your choices:

Gears of War

Gears of War 2

Gears of War 3

Vanquish

Resident Evil 5

Max Payne 3

So it's time to decide the best Third Person Shooter of all last generation!

#1 Posted by Zaire_nxtgen720 (75 posts) -

MP3

#2 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

(Results from last thread: Gears 1:22% Gears 2:5% Gears 3:10% Vanquish:24% Resident Evil 5:5% Max Payne 3:14%)

#3 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3663 posts) -

Max Payne 3 is the only one on that list I enjoyed. However, my favorite TPS's are not on that list.

Anybody who loves tactical TPS's check out H-Hour Worlds Elite. The TRUE successor to SOCOM 1 and 2.

#4 Posted by Telekill (4332 posts) -

We're counting Uncharted as action/adventure right?

Out of the options, I went with RE5. Great game. Definitely best of the series for this gen. I liked that it finished the Chris vs Wesker story arch. The game was fun to play and the coop was great.

The worst part of RE5 was definitely Versus mode. RE doesn't need or warrant competitive multiplayer.

#5 Posted by happyduds77 (1439 posts) -

I hope you're counting the Uncharted series as action/adventure games.

#6 Edited by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Vanquish

And everything about Max Payne 3 with the exception of gunplay was complete ass. Can't believe people like it so much.

#7 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

For those that seem to be confused (2 of you) this is the FINAL ROUND of threads were people already voted. These are the finalists.

#8 Posted by wiifan001 (18353 posts) -

Max Payne 3 > Resident Evil 5, only these two I've played so i won't vote.

Dead Space is my favorite 3rd person shooter of last gen

#9 Posted by joehult (361 posts) -

Hitman bloodmoney was on 360, that is what I would have chosen.

#10 Posted by _Matt_ (8837 posts) -

Max Payne 3 >>> rest.

#11 Edited by CRUSHER88 (1150 posts) -

Vanquish all the way

#12 Posted by TwistedShade (3139 posts) -

I'm glad Gears 2 doesn't have any votes. The laggy Multiplayer was garbage and it was a huge joke since they constantly mentioned how they had put more work into it compared to Gears 1.

#13 Edited by PyratRum (561 posts) -

Max Payne 3.

#14 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13885 posts) -

Dead Space.

#15 Posted by dragonfly110 (27058 posts) -

I understand that I'm in the reasonable minority when I say Gears 2, but man I had so much fun with that game. True the online was disgustingly laggy, but I'd be lying to myself if I voted for anything else...even if they are probably objectively better games.

#16 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26243 posts) -

I put my vote for max payne 3. Game was great start to finish.

#17 Edited by 187umKILLAH (1337 posts) -

Vanquish, gotta love that intense fast paced single player action mixed with the sliding tactic and weapon variations. I liked RE5 too but I didn't find it quite as exciting plus I never finished it even though I bought the gold edition, must be go back to it.

#18 Edited by PAL360 (26651 posts) -

Gears 3

#19 Posted by freedomfreak (38725 posts) -

Gears of War 3.

Lot of awesome into one package.

#20 Posted by freedomfreak (38725 posts) -

I understand that I'm in the reasonable minority when I say Gears 2, but man I had so much fun with that game. True the online was disgustingly laggy, but I'd be lying to myself if I voted for anything else...even if they are probably objectively better games.

Eventually the online was fixed. Granted, shouldn't have been that bad to begin with.

But yeah, Gears 2 rocks. And Horde mode kicks all kinds of ass.

#21 Posted by kingcrimson24 (426 posts) -

Gears of war nearly made this genre , or at least it had a great effect on it and changed it forever .

i don't like gears of war alot , but gameplay is really fun and exciting and very well made .

#22 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26100 posts) -

Max Payne 3 is the only acceptable answer.

#23 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (3960 posts) -

Gear 2 for me. I preferred the art style and weapons over Gears 3, And the friendly ai wasn't shitty like Gears 1.

I also thought it was the better game in general with levels and all that.

#24 Edited by freedomfreak (38725 posts) -

Btw, why is Uncharted not in this poll?

#25 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

I don't get all the praise MP3 gets honestly. I was kind of bored playing it and stopped after like 5 hours or so. Vanquish has awesome gameplay and rewards aggressiveness.

#26 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Vanquish. Only the hardest core gamer will 100% that game. The gameplay, controls and difficulty are unmatched and have never been so awesome.

#27 Edited by k--m--k (994 posts) -

what are these shitty choices lol

#28 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69782 posts) -

i voted on Max Payne 3

#29 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38208 posts) -

TC doesn't believe it's a TPS because he just searched a list of TPS games online and Uncharted was classed as "Action/Adventure", which is dumb. It's just as much a TPS as the others

Anyway on topic I voted Max Payne 3. Shooting in that game just felt so good, especially on PC where you had mouse precision for all thsoe sweet slow mo headshots

#30 Posted by freedomfreak (38725 posts) -
@freedomfreak said:

TC doesn't believe it's a TPS because he just searched a list of TPS games online and Uncharted was classed as "Action/Adventure", which is dumb. It's just as much a TPS as the others

:will:

TC is not the right person to do these kind of threads.

#31 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21434 posts) -

Max Payne 3, feels so good to get a kill in this game, and yes play it with free aim. i wish the cutscenes can be skipped.

#32 Posted by Heil68 (43258 posts) -

MP3

#33 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38208 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:
@freedomfreak said:

lol ya think?

#34 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3367 posts) -

Gears of War 3.

And Uncharted not an TPS? Reminds me of that time someone said Portal was an FPS.

#35 Posted by Ghost120x (3688 posts) -

Gears of war.

I have played that game constantly for two years that's how much fun it was. I miss the days of one on one shot gun battles and wall bouncing. Good times...

#36 Posted by silversix_ (13912 posts) -

RE5 on the list lol are u crazy?

#37 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:
@freedomfreak said:

Actually both of you are stupid. uncharted lost regardless and that's not even really what happened.

No to mention again, it would have lost anyway.

Oh and the fact half the peopl here don't realize these choices were votes. People you need to learn to read the op and not be desperate man children like freedomfreak and seanmcjackasslin.

#38 Edited by freedomfreak (38725 posts) -

Actually both of you are stupid. uncharted lost regardless and that's not even really what happened.

No to mention again, it would have lost anyway.

Oh and the fact half the peopl here don't realize these choices were votes. People you need to learn to read the op and not be desperate man children like freedomfreak and seanmcjackasslin.

I didn't expect a mature answer from you, honestly. It's a bit sad the way you go on about things here when people disagree with how you handle them.

I have no idea what happened, but I think it's safe to assume that Uncharted would've been in the running if it was allowed.
Now, tell me if the game was allowed or not.

Were people allowed to vote for Uncharted? If they weren't, then I do not see why you had to put up an attitude like that.

#39 Posted by sukraj (21902 posts) -

GTA V

#40 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

And the winner is Max Payne 3 out of 60 votes total!

Here is the final results before people attempt to inflate:

Gears of War 20%

Gears of War 2 7%

Gears of War 3 13%

Vanquish 17%

Resident Evil 5 (Your vote) 15%

Max Payne 3 28%