Final nine hours left, predict what Zelda U will be like

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

We have nine hours left before the new Legend of Zelda game is revealed for the Wii U. So now would be the time to get your predictions in as to what exactly this game will be like.

Predicting what a Zelda game will be like is always fun, simply because of how unpredictable the series is generally speaking- we never know what it will look like, what the story will be, or how the game will play. Everything's up in the air, it's all fair game. So it's always fun seeing just how off base our predictions were.

So what do you think the new Zelda game will be like?

For the record, here are my predictions:

• The game will be non linear in terms of dungeon progression, although it may not necessarily do it like A Link Between Worlds did it.
  • The game will feature some form of multiplayer- I am thinking something like Dark Souls.
  • The game will be open world/free roaming- I am thinking something like Skyrim.
  • The game will be a Majora's Mask sequel or prequel- I'm thinking prequel.
  • The game will feature traditional controls, with the Gamepad being relegated to a map/inventory management screen.
  • The game will feature a slightly stylized version of the Zelda 2011 Tech Demo Artstyle:

So what do you think? Post your predictions here, and we'll see who was closest to the mark in a few hours :-3

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

I hope no time manipulation bullshit. I know its a neat mechanic but being put on a timers just stresses me out and I don't enjoy games.
Open world would be nice but I don't want it to be without structure if the game will suffer as a result.
No motion controls plz.
Other then that I trust nintendo's zelda team. Surprise me.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@inb4uall said:

No motion controls plz.

^

Please on both of these.

I have no real predictions though. Besides the game looking gorgeous that is. Considering how great MK8 looks I'm pretty much convinced the new Zelda will look fantastic.

I just hope it manages to get me hyped. The last time I was truly excited about Zelda news was the TP reveal. Been a long time.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

I think a TP sequel would be more possible. We know what happened to the young Hero of Time, he became the Hero's Shade. Although we could get an explanation why.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

A better overworld, better side quests, borrow elements from ALBW, and a unique art style. Nintendo are outstanding when it comes to the dungeons.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

It'll feature gimmicks to justify the tablet screen and the motion controls inside. After all, isn't that what Nintendo said they wanted to do a better job of?

It may be open world - kinda doubt it but who knows - though far smaller than Skyrim. You don't spend that kind of money making and filling up a world so few will play.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

I cannot help but have high hopes. No motion controls and a true open world setting would be swell.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Did Nintendo even say they were gonna show off a Wii-U Zelda game?

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 93BlackHawk93
@Ballroompirate said:

They said it a long time ago.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@93BlackHawk93 said:
@Ballroompirate said:

That, and the fact that it was originally supposed to debut last E3, but it was pulled at the last moment, so it's been ready for prime time for a year now.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41526 Posts

Uh... I got nothing, so I'll just let it be somewhat of a surprise and see how it pans out.

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts

I'm not a graphics whore and I don't care a lot about it, but for Zelda I sure hope they get to show us some great graphics because I always dreamed to see Zelda and Metroid in full HD with great graphics.

Other than that, I really hope they make it similar to Zelda: ALBW but without the renting system: make the items available in small dungeons and make the player work on completing those dungeons to obtain the items, which then can be used in the bigger dungeons. If they can get the right feeling of playing the dungeons in any order that would be fantastic. Lastly, I want some cool and interesting side quests and also worlds/villages/islands that are lively with many people to talk and interact with.

One can dream :)

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:
@Ballroompirate said:

That, and the fact that it was originally supposed to debut last E3, but it was pulled at the last moment, so it's been ready for prime time for a year now.

Good, was thinking it was just "wishful thinking" from fans but as long as it's somewhat official I can not be disappointed. Hopefully it will be a mix of Twlp and WW is what I'm hoping for.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46188 Posts

That artstyle would be so sweet. It looks better than Mario Kart 8 which is the best looking Wii U game so far imo

But we all know Nintendo has a knack for showing an artstyle and going with a completely different one. But with the cellshaded artstyle already being in WW on Wii U I dunno...

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wiimotefan

Let me just be the weird guy that predicts that it will be a top down view Zelda like LoZ, LttP, ALBW, etc.

Old school format. Massive scale and amazing visuals.

Yeah, not going to happen. :P

But if it does happen then Charizard has to buy my copy when it releases.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

expecting Toon Link like Wind Waker style (hoping like hell its not & looks more like the tech demo Link they showed) cause Nintendo is here to disappoint. :P

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

I can only hope it's better than the shit that's come out since the N64, particularly better than Wind Waker and Skyward Sword..

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Wiimotefan

@superbuuman said:

expecting Toon Link like Wind Waker style (hoping like hell its not & looks more like the tech demo Link they showed) cause Nintendo is here to disappoint. :P

Damn it I would hope not. Wind Waker is an excellent looking game, I love the style. I really don't want to see more of it though.

If they go back to a more "realistic" look, then cool. If they must go super stylized I want something fresh.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I predict the Game will be Exclusive to Nintendo Systems.... :p

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Oh man. I have no idea. I think in terms of functionality, the orderliness is a no-brainer (especially on the heels of A Link Between Worlds). But in terms of aesthetics, I have no idea. If I had to guess - just a realistic style with lots of bloom :P

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 superbuuman

@Wiimotefan said:

@superbuuman said:

Damn it I would hope not. Wind Waker is an excellent looking game, I love the style. I really don't want to see more of it though.

If they go back to a more "realistic" look, then cool. If they must go super stylized I want something fresh.

I hate Toon Link to the point that I never bought the game on GC or Wii U. I want it to be the tech demo Link they show...I was WOW-ed! literally when they first showed that. :)

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
@superbuuman said:

They already made 3 games with that artstyle. I don't think it's going to happen.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 93BlackHawk93
@superbuuman said:

@Wiimotefan said:

@superbuuman said:

I hate Toon Link to the point that I never bought the game on GC or Wii U. I want it to be the tech demo Link they show...I was WOW-ed! literally when they first showed that. :)

You're missing out, dude!

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Dear god hope not Zelda got multiplayer...

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Wiimotefan

@93BlackHawk93 said:
@superbuuman said:

@Wiimotefan said:

@superbuuman said:

Absolutely missing out, damn.

Not only is WW an excellent game, but the visuals are stunning at times. I was also put off by the character art when the game first dropped but I got over it quickly. WW is a must play man.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Not really, Wind Waker is a pretty dire experience. 90% of Wind Waker is mindless, tedious busywork and endlessly boring sailing. The difficulty curve is also pretty much completely flat.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

I don't care to make predictions, I just hope it looks good and promising, and Nintendo has a tight timeline to get it out.

If it's a Majora's Mask sequel, then I hope Nintendo does a Majora's Mask remake for the 3DS like they did for Ocarina of Time, to go with it, then after they give it some time they can give it a Wii U treatment, make like a Ocarina of Time / Majora's Mask collection or something.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

cartoonish, a bunch of silly looking characters except for Link and Zelda. The combat will have a targeting system and a special attack during particular enemy animations. The other part of the gameplay will be a bunch of simple puzzles about pushing rocks or shoot something, and a bit of open-world traversal to go from temple to temple. The world will be practically empty except for those annoying enemies that you kill over and over again but keep appearing on the same spot. The story will be simple, Link will not talk, some silly uses of the pad like using it as a camera/mirror to discover hidden secrets on walls or something. There will be some crappy mini-games about fishing and aiming with your bow at random targets for special items. Etc.

TLDR ---> It will be the same crap it always been since OOT.

Seriously, if Nintendo just got rid of the stupid auto-targeting system and let you do things manually it would give more dynamism to the archaic combat. They could give different weapons to Link too like a fucking spear or something that is not a boomerang, a hammer and shit. They talk about wanting to reinvent Zelda but all they do it's the same shit. Mario platformers is the only franchise where they are constantly innovating but that's it. I played Mario Kart and beside the eye-candy and some gimmicks the game it's the same shit as Mario Kart on the Snes just like Pokemon and Smash and Metroid. Always the same shit!

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#29 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Is it confirmed that they are going to show it or is this just an assumption on SW?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@KungfuKitten said:

Is it confirmed that they are going to show it or is this just an assumption on SW?

It is confirmed that they are showing it this E3.

@Gue1 said:

cartoonish, a bunch of silly looking characters except for Link and Zelda. The combat will have a targeting system and a special attack during particular enemy animations. The other part of the gameplay will be a bunch of simple puzzles about pushing rocks or shoot something, and a bit of open-world traversal to go from temple to temple. The world will be practically empty except for those annoying enemies that you kill over and over again but keep appearing on the same spot. The story will be simple, Link will not talk, some silly uses of the pad like using it as a camera/mirror to discover hidden secrets on walls or something. There will be some crappy mini-games about fishing and aiming with your bow at random targets for special items. Etc.

TLDR ---> It will be the same crap it always been since OOT.

Seriously, if Nintendo just got rid of the stupid auto-targeting system and let you do things manually it would give more dynamism to the archaic combat. They could give different weapons to Link too like a fucking spear or something that is not a boomerang, a hammer and shit. They talk about wanting to reinvent Zelda but all they do it's the same shit. Mario platformers is the only franchise where they are constantly innovating but that's it. I played Mario Kart and beside the eye-candy and some gimmicks the game it's the same shit as Mario Kart on the Snes just like Pokemon and Smash and Metroid. Always the same shit!

Oh, right. Metroid Prime does play the exact same as Super Metroid does play the exact same as Metroid: Other M, after all.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Huge open world with Radiant AI and quests so you never run out of content. 4 player online campaign co-op. Tingle returns as a playable character. Link is voiced by Troy Baker. Zelda is voiced by Nolan North. Evil guy is voiced by Kevin Spacey. 20FPS for that nostalgic OoT feel. An emotionally gripping and cinetmatic story. You'll definitely want to protect Link and climb those mountains. Co-developed with Spark Unlimited for broader western appeal. Day 1 DLC and NFC figurines.

Alright I'm trying too hard, but for real tho

• You'll be able to play the instrument (guessing string or percussion, maybe multiple instruments) on the Gamepad screen. Gamepad will also have the usual map and inventory screens.
  • I think it's a safe bet that we'll be getting a huge (or relatively large) open world. The world will draw inspiration from recent RPGs in terms of environment and NPC interaction, quests, and presentation.
  • People love ALBW so the pacing and progression will be very similar with expanded dungeon mechanics. We'll probably get a few "outside" dungeons, something integrated into the environment so that we're not always walking into a cave or temple.
  • Combat will get a big upgrade. Motion controls are there if you use the Wiimote but not required. Mounted combat will return.
  • Setting will definitely have something to do with Majora and the Ancient Tribe. You'll play teenage/adult Link but he might not play a traditional role. Definitely not set in Hyrule.
  • Multiplayer will either be integrated into the campaign or a side mode like The Last Story's co-op mode but more fleshed out.
  • There will be some form of character customization but nothing too drastic. Just enough to feel like the character is your own.
  • Holiday 2015, please understand. I will lose my shit if it comes out this year but I'm pretty sure it won't.

Would also like to see another villain like Ghirahim. I can't be let down unless they make it a top-down game.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#32 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

No motion controls. Besides that, Nintendo can do whatever they want. I liked how in Link Between Worlds, a lot of "fluff" was cut out. No long prologues, time between dungeons... it was just go go go. It played way smoother. It would be interesting if all this Majora's mask stuff we keep hearing about ends up being this game. A sequel, or a prequel. Maybe Majoras Mask re-make 3ds as well.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17809 Posts

i have a sneaky suspecion it wont be shown and the focus will be on hyrule warriors. or itll just be concept art..nothing major. If it is shown though.

1) it wont look like the e3 demo a couple of years ago. i suspect its going to be an enhanced SS style (the wii couldn't really do it justice. nintendos artists are the best but they have their limits).

2) it will use the wiimote and nunchuck

3) it will offer more freedom compared to, say, SS but it wont be elder scrolls open. the map will also still only have the traditional 1 town, 1 city and dungeons. it also wont be as big as skyrim. epona will return. a link between worlds is roughly about the amount of freedom you will get.

4) they will find more ways to actually put rupees to use...something they have been working on since SS (and improved on for a link between worlds).

5) its not going to be a miserable, goth themed dark and mature game on the surface at least. like twilight princess, it could have a very nasty undertone at times though. its just not going to be all in your face about it.

6) the minish cap may return (or something with the same effect). the whole shrinking down thing has not been tried in a 3D zelda....could be good fun and an interesting way to make the game bigger. when minimised the world can look very very different compared to when you are at normal height.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

My crazy ass prediction: Zelda with tons more RPG elements. Leveling system, weapon power ups, action-style battle system, perhaps a traveling companion capable of AI fighting.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

@Gue1:

How much were you expecting a racing game, a kart racer at that to actually change? Those gimmicks are what keeps the game (just like the Mario platformers).

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

Gonna be awesome and look like Fable on 360 which is fine.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

What makes you think we're going to see the legend of zelda wii u today?

And after ALL THESE YEARS don't you realize that it will never be what you expect?

I think Twilight Princess is the closest Nintendo ever got to giving zelda fans what they wanted and then that was it. If they do show Zelda one thing is for sure, it will look BEAUTIFUL. All the recent Nintendo games on Wii U are just delicious eye candy.

I've said it...I'll keep saying it....Nintendo in HD is a thing of beauty.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 93BlackHawk93
@Bread_or_Decide said:

And after ALL THESE YEARS don't you realize that it will never be what you expect?

I think Twilight Princess is the closest Nintendo ever got to giving zelda fans what they wanted and then that was it. If they do show Zelda one thing is for sure, it will look BEAUTIFUL. All the recent Nintendo games on Wii U are just delicious eye candy.

Again, it's already confirmed.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@93BlackHawk93 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Confirmed by whom?

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 93BlackHawk93
@Bread_or_Decide said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Confirmed by whom?

Ninty.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I think we are going to just get a very short teaser with little to no gameplay. This game probably is a 2015 title and probably has a long way to go still.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

We have nine hours left before the new Legend of Zelda game is revealed for the Wii U. So now would be the time to get your predictions in as to what exactly this game will be like.

Predicting what a Zelda game will be like is always fun, simply because of how unpredictable the series is generally speaking- we never know what it will look like, what the story will be, or how the game will play. Everything's up in the air, it's all fair game. So it's always fun seeing just how off base our predictions were.

So what do you think the new Zelda game will be like?

• The game will be non linear in terms of dungeon progression, although it may not necessarily do it like A Link Between Worlds did it.
  • The game will feature some form of multiplayer- I am thinking something like Dark Souls.
  • The game will be open world/free roaming- I am thinking something like Skyrim.
  • The game will feature traditional controls, with the Gamepad being relegated to a map/inventory management screen.
  • The game will feature a slightly stylized version of the Zelda 2011 Tech Demo Artstyle:

So what do you think? Post your predictions here, and we'll see who was closest to the mark in a few hours :-3

You just describe a goat game... those predictions are insane, no wonder they never live up to your expectations.

If it's half of those it's going to be an amazing game. SS was insanely awesome, this could have it beat by a mile.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#43 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

It'll be like whats best in life: crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of the women

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

I'm expecting the gamepad to be used for items like aiming the bow and using it as the lens of truth

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 superbuuman

@Wiimotefan said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:
@superbuuman said:

@Wiimotefan said:

@superbuuman said:

Absolutely missing out, damn.

Not only is WW an excellent game, but the visuals are stunning at times. I was also put off by the character art when the game first dropped but I got over it quickly. WW is a must play man.

Nah, Im kinda anal that way..if I dislike the characters I won't like the game...I didn't enjoy Tales of Symphonia 2 cause I hated the 2 main characters. :P

So glad Zelda U is not Toon Link WW style..its more Skyward Sword style which is ok. :)

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Is Link a woman? I seriously can't tell, would be pretty cool if it was.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@charizard1605 said:

• The game will be non linear in terms of dungeon progression, although it may not necessarily do it like A Link Between Worlds did it. I got this right
  • The game will feature some form of multiplayer- I am thinking something like Dark Souls. No confirmation either way
  • The game will be open world/free roaming- I am thinking something like Skyrim. Completely got this right
  • The game will be a Majora's Mask sequel or prequel- I'm thinking prequel. No confirmation either way
  • The game will feature traditional controls, with the Gamepad being relegated to a map/inventory management screen. No confirmation either way
  • The game will feature a slightly stylized version of the Zelda 2011 Tech Demo Artstyle Got this wrong, and I'm glad I did

I guess that was an okay showing? :p

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

trailer was meh. Link looked exactly like I expected but the environment was really cool. It looked just like Dragon Age 3's.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Link is an official shemale now

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#50 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@charizard1605:

Dammit!!! I knew my meeting would go too long. I missed it. What did you think?