Final Fantasy XV vs Persona 5

• 69 results
Posted by charizard1605 (55984 posts) 3 months, 11 days ago

Poll: Final Fantasy XV vs Persona 5 (66 votes)

Final Fantasy XV 39%
Persona 5 61%

Both are the long awaited, eagerly anticipated next installments in premier Japanese role playing game series; Persona 5 os due for a worldwide release in early 2015, with Final Fantasy XV still being worked on to have a concrete release date for now.

But of these two upcoming games, which one are you looking forward to more? And which one do you think will be better?

#1 Posted by lundy86_4 (42979 posts) -

After P3:FES and P4G, it's easily Persona 5.

#2 Edited by lawlessx (46542 posts) -

The one that has a release window

#3 Posted by mems_1224 (46509 posts) -

Never cared about Final Fantasy. Persona is awesome though

#4 Edited by ninjapirate2000 (3013 posts) -

FF has gone to hell.

#5 Posted by Gue1 (9498 posts) -

Never cared about Final Fantasy.

because you have never played one.

#6 Edited by HaloinventedFPS (4713 posts) -

Persona 5

FF15 isn't FF, they should have kept it a spin off as Versus 13, but no, now if FF15 is successful (which it will be because people buy the brand) all future mainline FF's will be DMC clones instead of actual RPG's

#7 Posted by Newhopes (4507 posts) -

Don't really care about Final Fantasy anymore been rubbish since X-2.

Never been a big fan of Persona either...

#8 Posted by ChristianGmr14 (155 posts) -

Final Fantasy XV all the way!!! I am a Final Fantasy fanboy lol.

Though I admit I am a bit cautious about Square Enix after they butchered Final Fantasy 13, and Persona 4 is probably one the best RPGs ever made!

#9 Posted by mems_1224 (46509 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@mems_1224 said:

Never cared about Final Fantasy.

because you have never played one.

I've played a couple of them. Try again stupid.

#10 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26328 posts) -

If I had to choose FF since iv actually seen what the next one is going to look like therefore I can be excited.The funny thing is I have a strange feeling ill be playing P5 before the next FF cause ya know SE suck at releasing their games.

#11 Posted by cooolio (451 posts) -

Persona 5

FF15 isn't FF, they should have kept it a spin off as Versus 13, but no, now if FF15 is successful (which it will be because people buy the brand) all future mainline FF's will be DMC clones instead of actual RPG's

Oh, please. That is bs.

#12 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11114 posts) -

I'm much more interested in P5 than FFXV. However, I can't say which I think will be better since we know next to nothing of either game especially P5. P5 could be completely amazing but it could turn out to be awful or not as good. All devs have some missteps. FFXV could also be a disappointment or it could give new life to the series.

#13 Posted by SexyJazzCat (897 posts) -

@HaloinventedFPS: Hopefully future FF titles sway over to that action rpg goodness instead of that dull and boring turn based combat.

#14 Edited by Bigboi500 (29310 posts) -

P5>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FFXV.

#15 Posted by Netret0120 (2028 posts) -

FF15 might not even come out this gen I tell you. They skipped the entire PS360 gen and still have no release date for the PS4X1 gen. Persona 5. At least that has a release date:/

#16 Edited by chessmaster1989 (29100 posts) -

FF games are way better than Persona, so FF XV

#17 Posted by AcidTango (529 posts) -

I rather see a new Dragon Quest game :)

#18 Posted by Bigboi500 (29310 posts) -

I rather see a new Dragon Quest game :)

Winner.

#19 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34142 posts) -

Persona 5 Will actually be released in less than 50 years, so that.

Seriously though, I've never got into the Persona series, so I kind of have to default to FFXV.

#20 Edited by Ballroompirate (22555 posts) -

Persona 5 all day everyday

#21 Posted by santoron (7690 posts) -

I'll pick up both when they release. No need to choose.

#22 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

I'll choose the one which is courageous enough to just show up.

#23 Edited by remiks00 (1703 posts) -

Lol, Persona 5. No contest.

But, I'll most likely pick up FFXV as well if/when it finally releases.

#24 Posted by aroxx_ab (9263 posts) -

Cant say i enjoy any of them but i have to go with Persona

#25 Posted by bbkkristian (14942 posts) -

The one that is not vaporware. The one that actually is being released next year. The one that doesn't take eight years to make. The one that's not being made by a company that has effectively shafted its fanbase for 5 years.

I could go on.

#26 Edited by lamprey263 (23113 posts) -

Persona 4 came out like late 2008, I right away wanted another, but development for Persona 5 wasn't announced until the end of last year, so it's not quite the same deal. Meanwhile development of FFvsXIII/FFXV was announced over 8 years ago.

Persona 5 will easily be the superior game, though I wouldn't be shocked that even if FFXV sucked it'd outsell Persona 5 easy. After all, Final Fantasy is the staple name for JRPGs.

#27 Posted by yokofox33 (29359 posts) -

Persona 5 by a wide margin. FFXV is going to be garbage. Pure garbage featuring the Japanese Backstreet Boys as main characters. That's if it's ever released.

#28 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4753 posts) -

I've played every FF besides the MMOs, XIII-2 and XIII-3.

I never played a Persona game.

I'm going with Persona 5 anyways.

#29 Posted by GreySeal9 (24054 posts) -

I've played every FF besides the MMOs, XIII-2 and XIII-3.

I never played a Persona game.

I'm going with Persona 5 anyways.

lol

#30 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1356 posts) -

Normally I would say Persona 5, recently played 4 (OMG!). But FF15 is basically Versus which I've been waiting for for over 5 years. And since SE finally got humbled last gen I think they will finally deliver that long awaited gem.

#31 Posted by Ragnarok1051 (19872 posts) -

Persona 5 no question. Interesting story and characters with an addictive battle system. Final Fantasy took a major hit to it's reputation this gen for me to blindly trust 15. I doubt the story will be good at all let alone make sense.

#32 Edited by MBirdy88 (7661 posts) -

I'm not sure. this is a hard one to answer. if FFXV pulls off kingdom hearts combat... with a massive explorable world and decent story... then it will be a no brainer to me... but i bet it will be a linear corridor fest.

But then.... Im playing persona 4 golden in my vita.... linear random corridors with reptitive combat.... and I spend 90% of the game just talking to people... in school and stuff... its like one of those date sims but with random dungeon crawl thrown in. though the story and characters are very likeable.

Gameplay wise? Final Fantasy.... but I look forward to both.

EDIT - having to listen to Teddy or Rise talk after every damn action in combat was a god awful idea.... its tacky and the things they say makes me ashamed to have volume up around others "Way to go senpai! Whats is face is cool no way chan ban man!" ... jeez..... in the english? talk about weeaboooo zzzzz

#33 Posted by da_illest101 (7414 posts) -

I never could get into the persona series, I tried so hard, but gave up. While final fantasy xv is my most hyped game ever. I remember playing kingdom hearts and telling myself that it'll be cool to have a final fantasy with that gameplay. The only bad final fantasy for me was the 13 series, and I would rather replay the entire series ( never played lightning returns and probably never will) than playing a persona game.

#34 Posted by Maroxad (8055 posts) -

Persona 5. Even though P4 on the PS2 was not very good, the neo-Persona series has the virtue of getting better with each attempt. Final Fantasy only gets worse with each installment, save for FF14, but even that was only after ARR.

@HaloinventedFPS: Hopefully future FF titles sway over to that action rpg goodness instead of that dull and boring turn based combat.

Most mainline FFs aren't turn based though.

Only 1, 2, 3 and 10 are. The rest are in real time.

#35 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26328 posts) -

@Ragnarok1051 said:

Persona 5 no question. Interesting story and characters with an addictive battle system. Final Fantasy took a major hit to it's reputation this gen for me to blindly trust 15. I doubt the story will be good at all let alone make sense.

imo the battle system in P3&P4 is the weakest part of the game.I find it rather boring.

#36 Posted by DJSAV_101 (3690 posts) -

I'll end up getting both but I'm looking forward to playing Persona 5 more than FFXV.

#37 Posted by MrYaotubo (2630 posts) -

Persona and the SMT series in general are pretty much one of the few JRPG´s worth a damn,FF has been shit for a long time,Pokemon is lol and Dragon Quest is meh.

#38 Posted by finalstar2007 (24936 posts) -

Man you continue to make comparisons that make no sense! how are we exactly to compare two unreleased games? heck we dont even have a clue what P5 has wtf?

but since everyone done it i'll say I prefer final fantasy 15.. a realistic world, realistic characters, beautiful OST and environment etc are miles better than looking at an anime game which will most likely be running in an empty dungeon the entire time like in P4.

#39 Posted by Aljosa23 (24734 posts) -

What a stupid question. Ask me again when we know more about these games.

#40 Posted by bbkkristian (14942 posts) -
#41 Edited by GreySeal9 (24054 posts) -

@Maroxad said:

Persona 5. Even though P4 on the PS2 was not very good, the neo-Persona series has the virtue of getting better with each attempt. Final Fantasy only gets worse with each installment, save for FF14, but even that was only after ARR.

@SexyJazzCat said:

None of them are in real time. ATB (Active Time Battle) is not real time. Something like Tales, Star Ocean, or Kingdom Hearts are real time.

#42 Posted by spike6958 (4701 posts) -

Easily Persona 5.

Final Fantasy was great up until FFX, but then the series went down hill and after the appalling FFXIII trilogy, I have little hope left for the Final Fantasy series (outside of remakes and spin-off games like Theatrhythm).

Persona however, I don't know how they'll top P4, that game has one of my favorite stories and sets of characters of any game, if they can even come close then we'll be in for something special.

#43 Posted by Maroxad (8055 posts) -

@Maroxad said:

@SexyJazzCat said:

None of them are in real time. ATB (Active Time Battles) is not real time. Something like Tales, Star Ocean, or Kingdom Hearts are real time.

Real Time has nothing to do with movement or such.

Real Time is a timekeeping system, and time flows through in real time in ATB. The longer you take to make choose your action, the longer you prolong your action (with the enemy possibly getting a hit while you move through the menus), this disqualifies it from being turn based.

This is turn based.
This is real time.
This is real time but action based.

And while I am at it

This is real time too.

How much control you have over your characters has nothing to do with it.

#44 Posted by GhoX (4790 posts) -

Final Fantasy is such a dead franchise. It can't compare with, let alone compete against, the contemporary Persona series.

#45 Edited by DrRockso87 (2511 posts) -

Even though I've never played a Persona title (I hear they're good), I voted Persona 5 just because I feel like the Atlus team behind it is probably a hell of a lot more organized than the team behind Final Fantasy XV. Truthfully, from everything I hear, Final Fantasy XV interests much more (on paper) but with the development hell and amount of crap they're trying to pull off, I'm terrified it could end up like Resident Evil 6.

#46 Posted by tubbyc (3674 posts) -

Persona 5 because I loved the story and characters for the last one, and it was the opposite for FFXIII. Still interested to see how FFXV turns out.

#47 Edited by Seabas989 (10103 posts) -

Persona 5 = X (Xenoblade 2) >>> FFXV.

I'll give XV a chance but I haven't really been impressed by what we know about it.

#48 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11602 posts) -

Let's see, one is a piece of weeboo filth, and the other is Final Fantasy.

#49 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4753 posts) -

Let's see, one is a piece of weeboo filth, and the other is Final Fantasy.

If I ever need to bring down a complex AI, I'll present it with this statement.

#50 Posted by Gue1 (9498 posts) -

I never could get into the persona series, I tried so hard, but gave up. While final fantasy xv is my most hyped game ever. I remember playing kingdom hearts and telling myself that it'll be cool to have a final fantasy with that gameplay. The only bad final fantasy for me was the 13 series, and I would rather replay the entire series ( never played lightning returns and probably never will) than playing a persona game.

is never easy to get into a series where only one game is actually good. Although I like the darker storylines of the prior ones more Persona 4 is the only "good" game in the series, did you play that one?