Final Fantasy vs The Legend of Zelda

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by charizard1605 (56958 posts) -

Two great series, both of which have redefind gaming several times, and both of which have fallen into a bit of disfavor with gamers of late.

Which of these two titans do you think is better? Which is the better series?

Final Fantasy or The Legend of Zelda?

And why? VOTE!

Bonus Question: Also name your favorite game from the series you vote for in the poll.

#2 Posted by Prydes (559 posts) -
ALTTP or OoT. OH wait. Killzone 3 is the best Zelda game. Sorry.
#3 Posted by Wasdie (49753 posts) -

Neither. Not enough blood or explosions.

#4 Posted by funsohng (27660 posts) -

Wasdie
nor are they PC exclusives! :P
#5 Posted by Wasdie (49753 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

funsohng

nor are they PC exclusives! :P

That's the damn dealbreaker.

#6 Posted by theuncharted34 (14529 posts) -

Two great series, both of which have redefind gaming several times, and both of which have fallen into a bit of disfavor with gamers of late.

Which of these two titans do you think is better? Which is the better series?

Final Fantasy or The Legend of Zelda?

And why? VOTE!

Bonus Question: Also name your favorite game from the series you vote for in the poll.

charizard1605

Zelda >>>> FF. because zelda as a series is much more consistent :P

my favorite zelda game is majora's mask.

#7 Posted by Prydes (559 posts) -
The Legend of Zelda: The Ancient Stone Tablets is currently PC only and was made by Nintendo (Can't play it on a console in any country anymore, even if you had it downloaded) But maybe emulators don't count. But Killzone 3 is still the best Zelda game.
#8 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

Zelda is more consistent, so Zelda. Final Fantasy's a different game pretty much every time out.

As for favorites, it's a tie between OoT/MM for Zelda and FFVII/FFX for Final Fantasy.

#9 Posted by Arach666 (23027 posts) -
FF anyday,lol Zelda.
#10 Posted by ImSwordMan (2273 posts) -

The Legend of Zelda.The quality, and the charm the series has a whole.

Personal Favorite: The Wind Waker

#11 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8863 posts) -

I'd say Zelda by a long shot.Dragon Quest did Final Fantasy first and better IMO

My favourite is Wind Waker because it's pure video game art.

#12 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
well.. the only ff game ive thoroughly enjoyed is ffx, think its just awesome (though as a series overall i think dragon quest is better) but on the other hand the only zelda game ive even played (not even finished) is phantom hourglass for the ds..and i didnt think much of it at all... I did however LOVE 3d dot game heroes which apparently is like the old zelda games... make what you will of it.
#13 Posted by hippiesanta (9838 posts) -
Final fantasy... different story every release.......>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>zelda ...sequel sequel sequel...and has been milk forever
#14 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

I voted for Final Fantasy, it was and still is my favorite franchise ever.
Sure, they really dropped the ball with FF13, but FF4-5-6-7-8-9-10 are my favorite games of all time.

#15 Posted by princemarth23 (9229 posts) -

Zelda, though both series are 2 of my favorites.

#16 Posted by AntiType (6249 posts) -

This would be a tough question 10 years ago... now however, Zelda is the better series by a WIDE margin.

#17 Posted by Silverbond (16049 posts) -
Final fantasy... different story every release.......>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>zelda ...sequel sequel sequel...and has been milk foreverhippiesanta
You serious?
#18 Posted by spookykid143 (10393 posts) -

At its best Final Fantasy, I miss Square soft

#19 Posted by nitekids2004 (2979 posts) -

Final Fantasy. I don't care if Square is milking it with spinoffs as long as the spinoffs are actually good (Dissidia, FFTA, etc.)

Best in the series would be FF6 or FFT.

#20 Posted by charizard1605 (56958 posts) -
Final fantasy... different story every release.......>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>zelda ...sequel sequel sequel...and has been milk foreverhippiesanta
Wait, are you serious? Zelda has been milked forever, and Final Fantasy hasn't? WTF? :lol:
#21 Posted by Weird_Jerk (586 posts) -
Zelda > Final Fantasy. I thought most/all of the LoZ games were pretty fleshed out, the characters are likeable, and, because of the lack of voice acting, the voice overs can't suck to make me hate the characters. My favorite games in each series are: FFIV; FFVI; FFIX; and LoZ:ALttP; LoZ:OoT.
#22 Posted by StyBlack (13 posts) -

OMG!I can't vote!Both games have been with me for years!Can I vote for both?

#23 Posted by cloudff7tm (3975 posts) -
Final Fantasy for me.
#24 Posted by charizard1605 (56958 posts) -

OMG!I can't vote!Both games have been with me for years!Can I vote for both?

StyBlack

Sorry, you gotta choose :P

#25 Posted by hippiesanta (9838 posts) -
[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]Final fantasy... different story every release.......>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>zelda ...sequel sequel sequel...and has been milk forevercharizard1605
Wait, are you serious? Zelda has been milked forever, and Final Fantasy hasn't? WTF? :lol:

yes I'm serious...... Zelda = same face all the time. FF is only same name, differrent number, different story, different gameplay system with cameo some of it's signiture side character........ I'm very serious, ya know
#26 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34145 posts) -

Zelda wins forr me, but both are fantastic.

#27 Posted by Gamingcucumber (5608 posts) -
Final Fantasy is the most pretentious video game franchise out of all time. Zelda the most consistent quality wise. A Link to the Past and OoT would win this alone.
#28 Posted by charizard1605 (56958 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="hippiesanta"]Final fantasy... different story every release.......>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>zelda ...sequel sequel sequel...and has been milk foreverhippiesanta

yes I'm serious...... Zelda = same face all the time. FF is only same name, differrent number, different story, different gameplay system with cameo some of it's signiture side character........ I'm very serious, ya know

How does the same face being in there matter if the gameplay itself- you know, the thing that actually matters in games- is different every time?
#29 Posted by loosingENDS (11800 posts) -

Both, but FF9 is my best

#30 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Wait, are you serious? Zelda has been milked forever, and Final Fantasy hasn't? WTF? :lol:charizard1605

How does the same face being in there matter if the gameplay itself- you know, the thing that actually matters in games- is different every time?

Don't get me wrong, I love Zelda.
But Hippiesanta does have a point...

Look at:

Link's awakening, Link to the past, Oracle of ages/seasons, Minish cap.

They all have practically the same gameplay. Not saying it's bad, but just very similar.

#31 Posted by osan0 (12693 posts) -
i much prefer zelda. to be honest outside of FF7 i havent really enjoyed the series. i tried a couple of the DS ports ages ago (FF4 and 3 i think they were) and there was to much grinding. very boring. 8 was crap. i got 9 recently on PSN which is pretty good. but i have lost track of what i need to do in that :P. 10 is meh and 12 is OK-ish. i havent bothered with 13. so yeah...zelda for me. except for zelda 2 its a series i have consistently enjoyed.
#32 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

I pick a fun action-adventure fairy-tale over a generic JRPG which turned "emo" any day.

#33 Posted by TheMoreYouOwn (3927 posts) -
Zelda simply because, no emo anime characters.
#34 Posted by Eric_Drav3n (2729 posts) -

Seeing as there hasn't been a good FF game since FFX I'm gonna go with The Legend of Zelda series

#35 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Zelda - Ocarina of Time

That was easy.

#36 Posted by dontshackzmii (6026 posts) -

zelda is way more fun then ff

#37 Posted by khoofia_pika (13513 posts) -
Zelda, but it's very close. I'm a huge FF nut, I even loved 13. But Zelda has been maintaining its quality ever since its conception, and FF has not, so I'm gonna go with Zelda. And my favourite Zelda game is Twilight Princess, or maybe Wind Waker.
#38 Posted by LazyMushroom (1038 posts) -

I'm not a massive fan of either games but if I had to choose I would go with Zelda.

#39 Posted by DCSullyvan (502 posts) -

Zelda , but FF9 is better than all of them

#40 Posted by Snugenz (11859 posts) -

Zelda > FF (though FF is still awesome).

Favourite Zelda is tough though, so i'm gonna say a OOT=LTTP>MM>TP (so far)>WW>LoZ1. Havnt played many of the hand held games except the first Gameboy one, and Phantom Hourglass.

#41 Posted by magiciandude (9677 posts) -

Two differente genres. I don't see how you can compare the two.

#42 Posted by Sgt_Crow (4377 posts) -
Overall Zelda is MUCH better as a series... but Final Fantasy holds my favourite game of all time.
#43 Posted by Lucianu (9389 posts) -

It would have ben better if you would have compared something like.. Xenogears vs. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

#44 Posted by charizard1605 (56958 posts) -
Oh, I just realized I haven't answered the question myself. My answer is Zelda (duh), and my favorite game is A Link to the Past.
#45 Posted by da_illest101 (7442 posts) -

final fantasy is my favourite franchise, I never finished a zelda game, get way too bored playing them to even bother

my favourite game is FF 9

#46 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

Hardly comparable, but I have fonder memories of Zelda so I'll go with that.

#47 Posted by Famiking (4879 posts) -
Zelda wins for me, thanks to FF13. Seriously, one of the worst games I ever played :|
#48 Posted by xWoW_Rougex (2758 posts) -

Final Fantasy all the way. FF8,9,10,10-2,12 were epic jrpgs. Zelda? Well, yeah the 3d Zelda games sure are 10/10s but in the end I prefer FF.

#49 Posted by Phoenix534 (17774 posts) -

Zelda. Final Fantasy lost me after VI. Zelda is always great. Favorite from each franchise is A Link to the Past for Zelda and VI for Final Fantasy.

#50 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5413 posts) -

Loved every Zelda to date, except The Legend of Zelda, The Legend of Zelda II: Adventure of Link and Link's Crossbow Training.