FFXIV on PS4 is capped at 60 due to heat issues not power !

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Mario1331 (8853 posts) -

@bbkkristian: bro how did you know? DRG are so baseddddd. just got all my EX primal acc last night

I'm training a war now actually…don't judge me

#52 Posted by bbkkristian (14967 posts) -

@Mario1331: hah cause I'm a dragoon as well. I only need the onion chestpiece and I'll complete the set, and once I get that, I'll start doing the extreme primals. I'm not looking forward to Titan though... At all. P Titan HM was difficult for me, I don't want to imagine how hard extreme is.

#53 Posted by Ballroompirate (23870 posts) -

@bbkkristian: Titan HM was EZ PZ as a tank, I actually finished it in DF, was actually pretty dope and the grp was pretty badass.

#54 Posted by Jag85 (5679 posts) -
@endlessinfinity said:

@Jag85:

Yes because the technology does not exist to have high end graphics in MMO

The technology exists, but it just wouldn't be practical. You can't expect Crysis 3 quality graphics in a much larger-scale MMO that has to deal with far more players/characters/enemies on screen.

#55 Edited by TheFadeForever (2296 posts) -

@Jag85:

Well Zenimax Online have stated that MMO at this point cannot have graphics at even skyrim level because of the technical state of graphic technology for MMO in other words it isn't there.

#56 Edited by Snugenz (12918 posts) -

After playing the PS4 beta for a bit it doesn't even feel like it's hitting 60 fps, feels more like 30 - 45 max compared to the PC version at 60fps vsynced.

Playing the game with KB&M isn't great either, tested it with a G19 and G5 and a Vengeance K70 and M95 and in both cases the input was very sluggish, though that's probably more an issue with how the PS4 handles KB&M.

#57 Posted by Consternated (848 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:

@Jag85:

Well Zenimax Online have stated that MMO at this point cannot have graphics at even skyrim level because of the technical state of graphic technology for MMO in other words it isn't there.

Then why does Guild Wars 2 look better than Skyrim?

#58 Posted by Jag85 (5679 posts) -

@Consternated said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@Jag85:

Then why does Guild Wars 2 look better than Skyrim?

You mean just the art design, right?

#59 Posted by lundy86_4 (44521 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

@lundy86_4: it also struggles in mother f***ing crystal tower... Thank you black mages for your frame rate deprivating AoE spells. (Kidding)

Thank God i'll be on the PS4 version, by the time I hit it :P

#60 Posted by starwarsjunky (24759 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@bbkkristian: Titan HM was EZ PZ as a tank, I actually finished it in DF, was actually pretty dope and the grp was pretty badass.

ex is a lot of fun, just don't try it in DF. Iif you did hm in DF, you most likely just got extremely lucky and got with an fc group needing 1 or 2 to fill it out.

#61 Posted by Mario1331 (8853 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

@Mario1331: hah cause I'm a dragoon as well. I only need the onion chestpiece and I'll complete the set, and once I get that, I'll start doing the extreme primals. I'm not looking forward to Titan though... At all. P Titan HM was difficult for me, I don't want to imagine how hard extreme is.

EM is....stressful. i was shaking when i beat him

#62 Edited by bfmv2007 (291 posts) -

Not sure about this. While the beta certainly didn't feel like the fps dropped below 30, they definitely haven't hit 60 either. But overall, WAY better framerate than the PS3 version.