FFXIV: End of the world cinematic.

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

For those unaware Final Fantasy XIV has closed it servers in preperation of Continued Alpha and soon to come Beta tests for their 2.0 client expected to release in early 2013.

iVbgkANqxWoDz.gif

The final event for the game was a large scale battle in the central zone of the game (Technical difficulties plagued it due to massive attendance) But at the end of the fighting and when the servers finally went down. Everyone was presented with a URL to watch the world end and some suprises to look forward to in the new client.

Linktastic

Enjoy and discuss, a bit of it may be "Over my head" to those who didn't play the game or know the storyline to this point, long story short Meteor was called and try as the players may it fell on the world causing massive devastation, the Characters we play were thrown into the future after the cataclysmic events of the first version of the game. We awake in the new world 2.0 (Several years after the events) to take up the fight once again in a realm reborn.

Love it, Hate it, SE is trying its damndest to make FFXIV a sucsessfull MMO franchise.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

having played the open beta of the first release, I am a firm believer that absolutely nothing would save that piece of sh!t from the trash can

game_masta14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 game_masta14
Member since 2005 • 3251 Posts
So instead of directing resources into getting Versus 13 out of the gate, they continue to try and salvage this POS game. Why Square, just why?
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

having played the open beta of the first release, I am a firm believer that absolutely nothing would save that piece of sh!t from the trash can

wis3boi

Actually if you played it just before they clsed tge servers you wouldnt even believe its the same game as when it launched im more than sure if realm reborn gets reviewed it wont get anything less that 8.

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

Is just too bad it won't attract many players because as you can see from the comments above, they're all set on believing this game is complete trash even though it's been out for like what, 2 years~, and they're going back to alpha beta stage in 2013.

Then again, maybe it's just System Wars hatin' cuz they are haters I suppose...

Personally I think FF14 had some nice concepts though. I liked the leveling, like how you had different classes and you could mix abilities from other classes and so on. And it was heavily focused on crafting which is something I enjoy as well.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kashiwaba

So instead of directing resources into getting Versus 13 out of the gate, they continue to try and salvage this POS game. Why Square, just why?game_masta14

Cuz ffxi was the best ff financial wise so uts worth investing in unlike a non numbered ff which will probably sell less than 1 mil if it ever saw the light.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kashiwaba

Is just too bad it won't attract many players because as you can see from the comments above, they're all set on believing this game is complete trash even though it's been out for like what, 2 years~, and they're going back to alpha beta stage in 2013.

Then again, maybe it's just System Wars hatin' cuz they are haters I suppose...

Personally I think FF14 had some nice concepts though. I liked the leveling, like how you had different classes and you could mix abilities from other classes and so on. And it was heavily focused on crafting which is something I enjoy as well.

xWoW_Rougex

Actually im one of the players who hated this game when it launched cuz it was a huge disappointment after ffxi but my gf kept on playing so i was watching how the game was evolving ut actually got way better but still not as good as ffxi but who knows i might give it a chance once v2 is out.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

lol why do they keep trying to make it popular? As long as they don't go free to play they have no chance against GW2, especially with all the bad stuff you find if you want to get information about the game. They should have called 2.0 something like FF14-2 and should have used a free2play model

game_masta14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 game_masta14

[QUOTE="game_masta14"]So instead of directing resources into getting Versus 13 out of the gate, they continue to try and salvage this POS game. Why Square, just why?Kashiwaba

Cuz ffxi was the best ff financial wise so uts worth investing in unlike a non numbered ff which will probably sell less than 1 mil if it ever saw the light.

Yeah, the one fans have actually been waiting for since it was announced so I doubt it would sell less than 1 mil.
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

[QUOTE="game_masta14"]So instead of directing resources into getting Versus 13 out of the gate, they continue to try and salvage this POS game. Why Square, just why?game_masta14

Yeah, the one fans have actually been waiting for since it was announced so I doubt it would sell less than 1 mil.

Cmon its been almost 7 years lol most likely most of the people who are not nto gaming sites and forums forgot about it already and even if ut sold really well i doubt that it would sell as good as any main ff game which SE already stated ffxi was tbe most profitable one you shiuld admit business wise givjng ffxiv another chance is better than investing heaviky in a side stiry ff game.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jynxzor
The best marketing SE is going to get isn't from fancy trailer but word of mouth. If 2.0 launches and is good you bet the people playing it are going to try and blow it up everywhere they can. It's very interesting to see how the game evolved from launch to the game it was before it closed totally different in almost every way. If they continue in the same vien of improvement then they may have a good product on their hands. I doubt XIV will ever be a massive MMO, but much like it's older brother XI bring in a solid crowd and revenue over many years. It's all really down to how they go about releasing the game, and how the fans willing to give it a second chance feel when it launches.
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
It's good to see this franchise dying.
game_masta14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 game_masta14

[QUOTE="game_masta14"][QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

Kashiwaba

Cmon its been almost 7 years lol most likely most of the people who are not nto gaming sites and forums forgot about it already and even if ut sold really well i doubt that it would sell as good as any main ff game which SE already stated ffxi was tbe most profitable one you shiuld admit business wise givjng ffxiv another chance is better than investing heaviky in a side stiry ff game.

Okay first off, you need to calm down on the keyboard cause you have several spelling errors. Second, if they showed off new gameplay footage and trailers you can hype to generate for that game again. The reason it's died down was because we haven't seen anything of the game since it was last shown a year ago. Look at GTA5. Once more info came out about the game, the hype for it jumped right back up. I don't think Versus 13 should have a problem with that.
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jynxzor
just girly pink JRPG weaboo gamesSNIPER4321
So...how are those brown dude-bro shooters going for you? Ya know as long as we are all throwing out broad sweeping generalizations here.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I'll give them credit for trying. If there is a trial or something of the sort I will definitely be giving it a shot.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

[QUOTE="game_masta14"]Yeah, the one fans have actually been waiting for since it was announced so I doubt it would sell less than 1 mil.game_masta14

Okay first off, you need to calm down on the keyboard cause you have several spelling errors. Second, if they showed off new gameplay footage and trailers you can hype to generate for that game again. The reason it's died down was because we haven't seen anything of the game since it was last shown a year ago. Look at GTA5. Once more info came out about the game, the hype for it jumped right back up. I don't think Versus 13 should have a problem with that.

Sry about the typos im using a tablet touch screen keyboard sux also i know ffvs will sell but as i said before no UN numbered ff so far outsold a main numbered one and out of sll the numbered ffs SE said ffxi the last mmo was their most profitable im talking business wise only i know an mmo will never be better than ffvs.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
So hyped for this game
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

Linktastic

Jynxzor

Well that was depressing.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

I've seen a couple of live streams for this game.... It's more or less the same game.

Sure they've changed the UI (made it more user friendly), added a pointless jump function etc., speed up the TP gain in combat...
But the biggest problem for me is that the core gameplay largely remains the same...

MMORPG with turn based combat (lol...), time consuming boring crafting etc.

Oh and before you start white knighting I was a huge FFXI fan (own all expansions as well), I still own the original FFXIV. They are still pollishing a turd.

game_masta14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 game_masta14

[QUOTE="game_masta14"][QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

Kashiwaba

Sry about the typos im using a tablet touch screen keyboard sux also i know ffvs will sell but as i said before no UN numbered ff so far outsold a main numbered one and out of sll the numbered ffs SE said ffxi the last mmo was their most profitable im talking business wise only i know an mmo will never be better than ffvs.

Well considering not only are they getting money from actual game sales but monthly fees it's hard to argue that FFXI was their most profitable. The thing with 14 was that it launched as such a colossal trainwreck that are any fans of XI gonna really return not to mention with games like Guild Wars 2 having no monthly fees and WoW still remaining king. I'd just wish Square would stop pissing around the development of Versus 13 and get that **** out already instead of working on 13 sequels we never wanted or asked for.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Live stream of developers showing off concept art, gameplay for FFXIV: RR.. But it's in japanese. http://www.twitch.tv/criticalchocolate but the guy who owns the stream is doing a bit of translation.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jynxzor

Bit more translation

Guy is doing best he can to keep up, but so many people on his good Doc it's glitching out on him.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
This sh*t not dead yet? What a shame to the industry.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

That cinematic was pretty cool, but from what I've heard the game is absolute ass

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

So instead of directing resources into getting Versus 13 out of the gate, they continue to try and salvage this POS game. Why Square, just why?game_masta14

They've likely invested far more into FFXIV that VSXIII, plus they likely have seperate teams working on them.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

wis3boi
well from the sounds of it, square enix just made a whole new game and kept the name, so who knows.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BrunoBRS
so wait. the moon was bahamut. which exploded out of it. some sages tried, and failed to seal him ina new moon. and then he destroyed the whole world. but the players were teleported... somewhere. well i'll give them two things: first, square enix still knows how to make amazing CGI. second, that was VERY final fantasy-ish, so props for keeping the vibe of the series on an MMO, if only during the cutscene.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BrunoBRS

Bit more translation

Guy is doing best he can to keep up, but so many people on his good Doc it's glitching out on him.

Jynxzor
broken link, drop the https:// part.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-59b71619573a1

so wait. the moon was bahamut. which exploded out of it. some sages tried, and failed to seal him ina new moon. and then he destroyed the whole world. but the players were teleported... somewhere. well i'll give them two things: first, square enix still knows how to make amazing CGI. second, that was VERY final fantasy-ish, so props for keeping the vibe of the series on an MMO, if only during the cutscene.BrunoBRS

That's exactly what I thought too. The spells particularly were very much FF. The beams from Bahamut and the whole blue moon spell looked straight from a normal FF game.

It reminded me a lot of the battle in FFIX where Bahamut assaults Alexandria and Alexander appears. Actually some of the parts are the exact same lol

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]so wait. the moon was bahamut. which exploded out of it. some sages tried, and failed to seal him ina new moon. and then he destroyed the whole world. but the players were teleported... somewhere. well i'll give them two things: first, square enix still knows how to make amazing CGI. second, that was VERY final fantasy-ish, so props for keeping the vibe of the series on an MMO, if only during the cutscene.seanmcloughlin

That's exactly what I thought too. The spells particularly were very much FF. The beams from Bahamut and the whole blue moon spell looked straight from a normal FF game.

It reminded me a lot of the battle in FFIX where Bahamut assaults Alexandria and Alexander appears. Actually some of the parts are the exact same lol

except with less big headed chibi characters.

http://img1.mmo.mmo4arab.com/news/2010/03/31/ffxiv_tribe/ffxiv_tribe_s20.jpg

or not.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
That guy looks too happy to die.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Wow that was pretty epic conclusion with beautiful CGI and Bahamut rocks. Still won't get into FFXIV but I wish SE good luck with Reborn, because they done some serious work to improve this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]so wait. the moon was bahamut. which exploded out of it. some sages tried, and failed to seal him ina new moon. and then he destroyed the whole world. but the players were teleported... somewhere. well i'll give them two things: first, square enix still knows how to make amazing CGI. second, that was VERY final fantasy-ish, so props for keeping the vibe of the series on an MMO, if only during the cutscene.BrunoBRS

except with less big headed chibi characters.

http://img1.mmo.mmo4arab.com/news/2010/03/31/ffxiv_tribe/ffxiv_tribe_s20.jpg

or not.

Well... FFIX did have the moogles

FFIX-Moogle_Concept1.jpg

Basically the same thing, just less involved

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BrunoBRS
That guy looks too happy to die. Badosh
he died, knowing that the youth lived, to bang each other to repopulation :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="Badosh"]That guy looks too happy to die. BrunoBRS

FF promotes interacial relationships. Even interspecies

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#37 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

cgi and music are the only good things I can expect out of square enix

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Badosh"]That guy looks too happy to die. seanmcloughlin

it's kinky. but really, i'd like to check FF XIV if they'd just stop with the silly monthly fees. i'd probably even pay to play it, just not monthly >.>

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] he died, knowing that the youth lived, to bang each other to repopulation :DBrunoBRS

it's kinky. but really, i'd like to check FF XIV if they'd just stop with the silly monthly fees. i'd probably even pay to play it, just not monthly >.>

That is true for a lot of MMOs for me (if they came over here that is). I don't like the idea of a sub fee on any game.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

That is true for a lot of MMOs for me (if they came over here that is). I don't like the idea of a sub fee on any game.

the new XIV looks like it's done a lot of improvements, and i like supporting a company that admits to its mistakes and works hard to fix them, even if it means redoing the entire game. but paying monthly, i refuse to do that.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

That was freaking awesome. Hope game turns out to be good.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jynxzor
Suprised this got any good reactions, System Wars is known to have uninformed knee-jerk reactions lately. Good to know some logic continues to exist.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BrunoBRS
Suprised this got any good reactions, System Wars is known to have uninformed knee-jerk reactions lately. Good to know some logic continues to exist.Jynxzor
well it DOES look cool, it's kinda hard to deny. now if the game will be as cool as the CGI, it's anyone's guess :P
Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

What's up with all MMORPG and their mage and elves fetish?

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
I don't like MMORPGS at all

That was freaking awesome. Hope game turns out to be good.

Chutebox
but this. It was a freaking awesome touch. Sounds, really really good.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Watched it again, TRULY EPIC :o One of the best cgi trailers I've seen this gen
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
Awesome trailer wish they would have done this on DEC 21st. Although I think the same thing will happen to us on Dec. 21st!
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

I've always wanted to try this game. Will probably look into it after they boot it back up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

That is a pretty awesome way to ending a MMORPG. Instead of just you know "server lost connection". Had a glimpse of ingame at the time, huge meteor in the sky and thatsuspenseful music in the background. Pretty epic.

CKYguy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CKYguy25
Member since 2012 • 2087 Posts

when is this game ever coming out on PS3?