FF13-3 already in the works, based on 13-2 ending. Your Opinion? *spoilers*

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by cloud3601 (430 posts) -

*spoiler*

In FF13-2, the best ending finishes with "to be continued..."

So they are probably making FF13-3 and will claim its to address the issues of FF13-2 (where they have towns, but you cant go into any buildings).

Lets talk with our wallet this time. Am not gonna buy 13-2. Lets give SE a message !

#2 Posted by ImSwordMan (2273 posts) -

I think you need to stop the SE bashing threads

Thats my opinion

#3 Posted by peterw007 (3653 posts) -

What do you expect, TC?

S-E has invested a ton of money into Crystal Tools. They're going to milk that engine for every penny that it's worth.

#4 Posted by mmmwksil (14383 posts) -

Thats my opinion

ImSwordMan

He has a point with this one, though.

XIII-3 might already be in the works.

#5 Posted by eboyishere (12681 posts) -

1. calm down on the FF bashing

2. I saw that coming a mile away after reading spoilers...but they also bought the domain Xlll-3 so i guess no one is shocked.

#6 Posted by ImSwordMan (2273 posts) -

[QUOTE="ImSwordMan"]

Thats my opinion

mmmwksil

That wouldnt be suprising at all

#7 Posted by charizard1605 (58302 posts) -

2. I saw that coming a mile away after reading spoilers...but they also bought the domain Xlll-3 so i guess no one is shocked.

eboyishere
They bought domains through FF XIII-9 :(
#8 Posted by eboyishere (12681 posts) -

[QUOTE="eboyishere"]

charizard1605

no they didn't.....please tell me thats a joke....

#9 Posted by Storm_Marine (11162 posts) -

What do you expect, TC?

S-E has invested a ton of money into Crystal Tools. They're going to milk that engine for every penny that it's worth.

peterw007

How about...

Same Engine

New $@%$@^@$ IP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, do we need more games about the adventures of Lighting and Vanille?

#10 Posted by archvile_78 (8382 posts) -

mmmwksil

If i recall correctly i read an article a while ago mentionning that square registered a new domain called 13-3.

EDIT: there

#11 Posted by mmmwksil (14383 posts) -

[QUOTE="eboyishere"]

charizard1605

I'm calling it now.

XIII-7 will be the greatest RPG to ever hit the mainstream. It will be hyped and praised to high heaven despite being mediocre crap.

#12 Posted by eboyishere (12681 posts) -

[QUOTE="peterw007"]

What do you expect, TC?

Storm_Marine

How about...

Same Engine

New $@%$@^@$ IP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, do we need more games about the adventures of Lighting and Vanille?

i wouldn't mind more stories with lightning...since she was one of the only characters in 13 that wasn't awful ;)

#13 Posted by Tikeio (5332 posts) -

I'm calling it now.

XIII-7 will be the greatest RPG to ever hit the mainstream. It will be hyped and praised to high heaven despite being mediocre crap.

mmmwksil

Ugh.... they better get a new cast.

Lightning would probably be old as hell. Can you picture Lightning as a cougar with greyish-pink hair? :P

#14 Posted by Storm_Marine (11162 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="eboyishere"]

eboyishere

Final Fantasy XIII-IX

O_O

#15 Posted by DireOwl (3350 posts) -

I bought FF XIII and that was too much of that universe for me. No way in heck I'm buying XIII-2, let alone XIII-3. That version of FF obviously isn't that popular, idk why they are trying to cram it down people throats. They should just go ahead and make FF XV already.

#16 Posted by archvile_78 (8382 posts) -

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

I'm calling it now.

Tikeio

Lightning would probably be old as hell. Can you picture Lightning as a cougar with greyish-pink hair? :P

Around XIII-3 Lightning will totally earn the eternal youth superpower so she'll be around until XIII-XV

#17 Posted by mmmwksil (14383 posts) -

Tikeio

Actually...

Yes. :lol: She already had shades of cougar in XIII-1 with Hope. I think she likes 'em young.

#18 Posted by farslip (317 posts) -

I want 13 to become the CoD of jrpgs for the lulz.

#19 Posted by hakanakumono (27455 posts) -

Why aren't these resources being used on FFXV? Just ... stop.

#20 Posted by lightleggy (16053 posts) -
if thats true...then wow square...just wow....
#21 Posted by hakanakumono (27455 posts) -

[QUOTE="eboyishere"]

charizard1605

It was actually the western branch that bought the domains, so it's not exacly related to their development plans. Even if XII-3 is being made.

#22 Posted by farslip (317 posts) -

I wonder how wacky the story will become with the third. Retcons, revivals or out the ass explanations. We must wait to find out.

#23 Posted by Peredith (2310 posts) -

[QUOTE="eboyishere"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] They bought domains through FF XIII-9 :(Storm_Marine

Final Fantasy XIII-IX

O_O

Final Fantasy XIII-IX-2

Square... what happened to you.

#24 Posted by hayato_ (5014 posts) -

Pretty sure Kitase said there was gonna be DLC for the game. Not sure if its gonna be Final Fantasy XIII-3 though

#25 Posted by hayato_ (5014 posts) -

So they are probably making FF13-3 and will claim its to address the issues of FF13-2 (where they have towns, but you cant go into any buildings).

Lets talk with our wallet this time. Am not gonna buy 13-2. Lets give SE a message !

cloud3601

Are we really gonna go there? Really???

Oh and I'm still buying. Don't care.

#26 Posted by lancea34 (6912 posts) -

I'm sure it's just going to be a DLC episode or something. Square-Enix can't be that stupid.

#27 Posted by AppleJudgement (452 posts) -
3rd time either means they will actually put effort in the game somewhere or that FF will end up in the sahep Sony's Laptop division is in now. Good greif Square have you though of actually Looking at the competiton, or looking at your games, or listening t fans, or making another series or something?
#28 Posted by eboyishere (12681 posts) -

Now that i think of it...it might be just dlc stuff. Didn't square say they were going to have DLC with FF13 characters? like i heard sazh was in it or something.

#29 Posted by archvile_78 (8382 posts) -

Now that i think of it...it might be just dlc stuff. Didn't square say they were going to have DLC with FF13 characters? like i heard sazh was in it or something.

eboyishere

Sazh's will be a dlc yes but just...you download it and there, use him.

#30 Posted by eboyishere (12681 posts) -

[QUOTE="eboyishere"]

archvile_78

ah, i thought he was going to be in a side story.

#31 Posted by archvile_78 (8382 posts) -

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="eboyishere"]

eboyishere

ah, i thought he was going to be in a side story.

i might be wrong but all i've read is that he'll be available as DLC. So i figure it might be just to play as him. Though SE did say every characters from XIII would be seen in XIII-2, though no sign of Sazh.

#32 Posted by jasonharris48 (21441 posts) -

I dislike FFXIII a lot of well, but I don't see the point in all these anti-Square-Enix topics.

#33 Posted by archvile_78 (8382 posts) -

I dislike FFXIII a lot of well, but I don't see the point in all these anti-Square-Enix topics.

jasonharris48

Coming from TC, he already made a bajilion of these so...yeah.

#34 Posted by magicalclick (22852 posts) -
I will wait for Steam Punk FF or Cuty Crystal FF. No Flashy FF until they bring back the "Fantasy". The FF right now is like Sci-fi where I much much prefer the Sci-fi style presented in KOTOR and Mass Effect. I much prefer FF in the "Fantasy" setting where ruins, steam punk, magic are more appealing. The ruins are actually better in Japanese games than Western games, for some reasons they stopped doing ancient magical ruins in their RPGs.
#35 Posted by zarshack (9936 posts) -

why make an entirely new game when you can reuse old assets. also did you ever think that "to be continued" might just get followed up with DLC?

#36 Posted by lamprey263 (24236 posts) -
I doubt it, they'll probably release some DLC instead, that's at least what I think the Japanese people were pissed about when they saw the "to be continued" ending, that the game basically is twisting their arm to purchase it.
#37 Posted by Planeforger (15801 posts) -

This isn't surprising. They announced back in 2007 that they wanted to make 10 years' worth of FFXIII games.

#38 Posted by dreman999 (10748 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="eboyishere"]

eboyishere

SE really needs to get of this train.

#39 Posted by Assassin_87 (2314 posts) -

My opinion is that nothing is confirmed, and so this is speculation, which means the title of this thread is misleading.

Also, even if XIII-3 IS in the works, "the works" will stop immediately if sales continue as they have. Which is to say, poor for the series. Of course, they will.

#40 Posted by sandbox3d (5119 posts) -

I'll avoid dropping a hate bomb. -_________-

But I will go a bit off subject and say this. If SE wants to make a sequel to a numbered game why don't they just use a tag line? X-2 was dumb enough, but XIII-2 and possibly a XIII-3? I'm sure they could find a better way to name these nested sequels.

#41 Posted by cloud3601 (430 posts) -

farslip

they said they were inspired by COD for 13

#42 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

Seriously you're clogging the **** boards now. Please stop.

#43 Posted by loosingENDS (11826 posts) -

*spoiler*

In FF13-2, the best ending finishes with "to be continued..."

cloud3601
I suppose FF13vs will come in 2035, probably for PS6
#44 Posted by Heil68 (45267 posts) -
That's kind of funny.
#45 Posted by Crossel777 (5595 posts) -

I don't think the TC considered this might be a DLC ending + some content instead of a FFXIII-3. Seems more likely if you ask me.

#46 Posted by Crossel777 (5595 posts) -

[QUOTE="farslip"]

cloud3601

Yeah, whoever said that needs to be fired.
#47 Posted by archvile_78 (8382 posts) -

For those who actually wanted to read someone's first impression check this out

Just browse the topic he made a few posts, he mostly mention the side stuff he did so far. I'm liking what i read.

#48 Posted by farslip (317 posts) -

[QUOTE="cloud3601"]

[QUOTE="farslip"]

Crossel777

Yeah, whoever said that needs to be fired.

He probably means this.
Kitase pointed to annual western franchises like Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty and Battlefield, saying that the one to two year development cycle would be "the best way to keep [Final Fantasy] fans interested and attracted to the franchise."
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/21/kitase-square-learnt-a-lesson-with-ff-xiii-franchise-needs-m/

#49 Posted by Siirlucsean (2 posts) -
Can we stay on topic Kids! I wonder how there going begin the opening scene of FF13-3 LOL this is funny had FF13-3 dream ending scene / song/ It's Gonna Be Love" Mandy Moore. Parts in dream i still know! Caius screws up this time!/ location,Void Beyond. Snow didn't forget about the wedding plans/ location Oerba, & Mog's Hometown Lighting & Serah Still Alive.! People what's is your Opinion of "The Goddess is Dead"?
#50 Posted by Joedgabe (5127 posts) -

Sales are gonna be lower than 13-2. Honestly... ewwww.