Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#251 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46226 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 Actually that would be society, which is pretty damn sad. I'd hate to be a feminist right now cause they all use to be about equal rights which is a noble thing, now they're all about how women are better than men, give you crap for complementing a woman and even can't crack a joke about women w/o them freaking out.

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

oh definitely, my comment was just made in jest.

My dad has a friend of his who's wife beats on him constantly, The reason he doesn't do anything about it is because they have kids, and also the fact that she's obviously female. Which I just find ridiculous, these double standards need to be reevaluated.

The fact some people can use physical appearance to judge a persons hostility is just lulzy. Females can be just as mean if not moreso than guys and the domestic abuse flag get's waved on both sides. I'm all for equal rights, but if we really want to walk down this road then some of these ********'s need to realize you can't just throw stones from a glass house and not expect to get your feelings hurt.

I'm all for equal rights but you can't act the same way as a sexist man does or as sexist men used to do, and then escape from being called sexist because you're hiding under the term 'Feminist'... No, that does not make it ok. That makes you an even bigger hypocrite.

Reminds me of the people fighting for liberty from a dictator, only to create a new dictatorship themselves after the last one has fallen...

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 EvanTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 1550 Posts

Great read.

Feminists just don't want to be taken seriously.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#253  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#254 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I often feel sad of the feminists, you know, the real ones WHO fought so hard for equal rights. Must be hard to Watch what you fought for turn into this horrible abomination of misanthropy that hateful women thinly hide under the guise of "feminism".

From what I read it was simply the best person for the job, a qualified person first and formost, WHO happened to be a man. I doubt that a place like Giantbomb would have picked diffrently if the cv belonged to a woman. Qualifications over sex. Is that not what Feminism fought for?

I can understand why the original Feminists have turned from these hate mongers WHO claim the same name. (not that true feminists don't exist anymore, they just differ in, you know, being reasonable human beings WHO would not have said anything unless a woman with a better cv had shown up and turned Down).

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Gaming is dominated by heterosexual white males. Why is it odd that the majority of people who work in the enthusiast press are heterosexual white males? That's just fucking natural statistics.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@ActicEdge said:

Gaming is dominated by heterosexual white males. Why is it odd that the majority of people who work in the enthusiast press are heterosexual white males? That's just fucking natural statistics.

Not only that but there are less and less gaming press jobs every day and usually the most qualified people for the remaining jobs are people that have been in the press for years and those happen to be white guys. Its not some conspiracy to keep minorities out like people want to believe.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@ActicEdge said:

Not only that but there are less and less gaming press jobs every day and usually the most qualified people for the remaining jobs are people that have been in the press for years and those happen to be white guys. Its not some conspiracy to keep minorities out like people want to believe.

Well I don't necessarily agree with that because if they are downsizing jobs, the ratio of white males to everything else in the industry should stay the same shouldn't it? Nothing about being a white male suggests you've been in the industry longer by itself (unless what you are saying is that back when gaming was starting it was even more of a white male hobby than it is now which I frankly assume is true).

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#258 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@93BlackHawk93 said:

So sad cause it's true