Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#201 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Oh look at that, GS notifications are broken again! Someone better flag them so GS can fix them! :D

---

Yeah, Samantha is either a troll account or one of those super deluded crazy "feminists" (read: she's not so much a feminist as she is simply crazy).

Lol GS fixing things...does not compute

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#202  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I'm entirely expecting this thread to get shut down at any moment.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Desmonic said:

@lostrib: They've been stable for me for the last 2-3 months. Alas they seem to be messed up again :P

--

Aye. And while I don't agree with the backlash that happened (really the best one can do is just laugh at it or ignore it) it's not like she deserves any better for who she's shown to be nor for how she tackled this issue.

This just boils down to Two wrongs don't make a right. Except really Samantha performed two left turns in the wrong neighborhood and wonders why she's now stuck in traffic with assholes.

People have to realize what you say on twitter when it's linked to your image and personal identity could have repercussions.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#206 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@PannicAtack said:

@lostrib said:

well it depends on the source, if it's normal people then it's satire. If it's SJWs, then it's serious--just look at the cancel colbert situation

Source nothing. It just kinda stands out to me as a pretty obvious way of drawing attention to the whole "pay gap" thing. Kinda just strikes me as incredibly obvious. If you find that flier to be a big example of discrimination and hypocrisy, well... you're kind of reinforcing their point.

...there was more to the post so quite obviously I don't. Also, the pay gap is like 5%

Also, satire would need context, and humor. But it's just a social justice statement...and holy shit there's a wikipedia article about this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_action_bake_sale

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#207 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@alcapello said:

I heard GS pick up carolyn petit to made GB jelly.

Sure and the same company often does things to make themselves jealous.

Not to mention that Giantbomb came out of Gamespot Staff being pissed at the managment for firing a editor for telling his honest opinion about a game :D

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#208 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Lol GS fixing things...does not compute

Sshhhhhh! Better not let @edgework learn about this! >.>

*flags post*

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Ballroompirate

@Desmonic: Not my fault they have a shyt programmer lol

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 lostrib

@Desmonic: @mems_1224: if that guy didn't hate us before, he definitely does now

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46230 Posts

What a racist and sexist thing to say of her.

What ? She claims she's a feminist and suddenly the things she says shouldn't be considered racist and sexist even if they are ?

She's a bloody hypocrite too !

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 lostrib

@R4gn4r0k: go ask an SJW if you can be racist to white people or sexist to men

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@R4gn4r0k said:

What ? She claims she's a feminist and suddenly the things she says shouldn't be considered racist and sexist even if they are ?

That's nonsense, everyone knows only white dudes are capable of being racist and or sexist.

That's what OT has taught me anyway.lul

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Ballroompirate

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

That's nonsense, everyone knows only white dudes are capable of being racist and or sexist.

@ReadingRainbow4 Actually that would be society, which is pretty damn sad. I'd hate to be a feminist right now cause they all use to be about equal rights which is a noble thing, now they're all about how women are better than men, give you crap for complementing a woman and even can't crack a joke about women w/o them freaking out.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Of course female video game journalists get hired, just look at Carolyn Petit.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#218 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

TC are you an atheist?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@osirisx3 said:

TC are you an atheist?

i'm wondering what bearing that would have on the thread?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Ballroompirate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ReadingRainbow4 Actually that would be society, which is pretty damn sad. I'd hate to be a feminist right now cause they all use to be about equal rights which is a noble thing, now they're all about how women are better than men, give you crap for complementing a woman and even can't crack a joke about women w/o them freaking out.

oh definitely, my comment was just made in jest.

My dad has a friend of his who's wife beats on him constantly, The reason he doesn't do anything about it is because they have kids, and also the fact that she's obviously female. Which I just find ridiculous, these double standards need to be reevaluated.

The fact some people can use physical appearance to judge a persons hostility is just lulzy. Females can be just as mean if not moreso than guys and the domestic abuse flag get's waved on both sides. I'm all for equal rights, but if we really want to walk down this road then some of these ********'s need to realize you can't just throw stones from a glass house and not expect to get your feelings hurt.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#221 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4: Well, it is said that women can actually be far more cruel than men, that deleted tumblr post from that misandrist kinda proves it, not to mention how nasty some abusive women can get against men

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#222  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

Of course female video game journalists get hired, just look at Carolyn Petit.

My question is, is it right for the female games journalist to complain about the ire from the community when they do things such as this. It's the classic example of sticking your hand in the bear cage and getting angry when the bear bites back.

Granted some of it is beyond disgusting. But when you float stuff like this out there.... It certainly doesn't help your case.

I mean it's beyond disgusting from the feminist and the people really just being complete and utter assholes.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#223  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

The best thing you can do is simply laugh and ignore these idiots. Don't give them the time of day and certainly don't openly insult them they're just itching for an excuse to cry misogyny to get publicly.

Remember these are the same morons that think and wrote wiki entries that Women are physically weaker than Men only because they're taught to think that way growing up....... Natural higher Testosterone levels in males are a myth apparently.

There are only two types of Feminists, Girls desperately seeking attention and creepy old and or ugly men desperately wanting Girls desperately seeking attention. Anyone with a head on their shoulders call themselves a Humanist period.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:
@osirisx3 said:

TC are you an atheist?

Well, I was going to ask if the TC was a typical 'contemporary viking by night, baker by day' with a middle eastern heritage sort of common situation we always read about, but asking if the TC is an atheist also works. I was also wondering if the TC has any transgendered family members that eat cheerios... Those three questions will answer a LOT of subcutaneous questions that need not be directly asked.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Feminist are like PETA. A big fucking joke. They just like PETA, have ruined themselves by complaining about EVERYTHING and do stupid shit in a sad attempt to get attention. Nobody takes them seriously anymore and should just ignore them.

Not even on the same level, but okay.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 CrownKingArthur
@SolidTy said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@osirisx3 said:

TC are you an atheist?

Well, I was going to ask if the TC was a typical 'contemporary viking by night, baker by day' with a middle eastern heritage sort of common situation we always read about, but asking if the TC is an atheist also works. I was also wondering if the TC has any transgendered family members that eat cheerios... Those three questions will answer a LOT of subcutaneous questions that need not be directly asked.

ah, so very yeah true. actually some insight regarding transgendered family members that eat cheerios would provide a lot more insight than their religiosity.

i feel like an idiot now. your post made everything abundantly clear. all my base are belong to you.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Feminist are like PETA. A big fucking joke. They just like PETA, have ruined themselves by complaining about EVERYTHING and do stupid shit in a sad attempt to get attention. Nobody takes them seriously anymore and should just ignore them.

I'd say they're getting there

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 ReadingRainbow4

What madness is this? Everyone knows transgendered people favor Fruit Loops over Cheerios.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Says you.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@osirisx3 said:

TC are you an atheist?

Well, I was going to ask if he was a typical 'contemporary viking by night, baker by day' with a middle eastern heritage sort of common situation we always read about, but asking if the TC is an atheist also works. I was also wondering if the TC has any transgendered family members that eat cheerios... Those three questions will answer a LOT of subcutaneous questions that need not be directly asked.

I might believe in a higher being but I have never been too much into christianity. And it's funny because through all my life I was educated in a private catholic school but all religions have more holes than swiss cheese, like an elaborate lie made by people that weren't as smart as humans are today. And even then thinking logically I don't think such thing as a "god" even exists. We just don't understand shit so we invent stuff to make us feel better because of our fear of death. And yes, I fear death, and that's why I might feel better fooling myself into thinking that a god exists and that he has a plan for all us. I want to believe that there is life after death but part of me says that when you die that's the end of your existence completely.

There is a reason why people say that ignorance is a bliss. I have 2 friends that had awful lives and then they converted into a religion and started having more meaningful lives. They say it was thanks to god when in reality it was thanks to their new obtained confidence through their strong believes in a lie. They became ignorant, therefore, happier. They stopped worrying about their bad luck and started thinking about everything as tests of god and shit. They never give up because they think their imaginary friend is always there to help them at any time. After a few years they both stopped going to church though because they couldn't stand the hypocrisy of the congregation but their believes in the christian god are still strong.

After this comment I expect this thread to get locked. A shame, because I was having fun reading the comments.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 CrownKingArthur

@Gue1: i enjoyed reading that. thank u.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

There are only two types of Feminists, Girls desperately seeking attention and creepy old and or ugly men desperately wanting Girls desperately seeking attention. Anyone with a head on their shoulders call themselves a Humanist period.

Legit dumbest thing I've read today.

The neckbeards in this thread just keep setting the bar higher and higher.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#233 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

.......wearing an EOD suit!!! TGHBO

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@osirisx3 said:

TC are you an atheist?

+1 for having the word "subcutaneous" in your paragraph.

Maybe TC is just a sex maniac?

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Is she pissed she didn't get hired or something?

What a baby.

Also this ranting is just pissing whatever journalistic career she has left right down the drain. What a fucking dumb ass.

No, she's just a feminist with some serious issues. Misandry is one of them.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

My question is, is it right for the female games journalist to complain about the ire from the community when they do things such as this. It's the classic example of sticking your hand in the bear cage and getting angry when the bear bites back.

Granted some of it is beyond disgusting. But when you float stuff like this out there.... It certainly doesn't help your case.

I mean it's beyond disgusting from the feminist and the people really just being complete and utter assholes.

That is adorable ^-^ I want to hug it, even if it thinks I should die.

And there in lies one of the only bits of male privilege that actually applies to males in general. Society has taught us to deal with trolls the only way trolls can be dealt with. By not feeding them. We don't have any damsel in distress movements empowering our trolls, so the entire "Kill all men" crowd is simply baffling, assuming it is even noticed at all. Heck if a man does whine about misandry he is generally dismissed as a wimp.

Most of this is by accident, as trolling is like the only problem that goes away if you ignore it, but it is still darn nice. It lets me appreciate how mother fluffing cute that is, without feeling oppressed. Holy crap that face! =^-^=

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@syztem said:

They don't have a logical leg to stand on in criticizing GB's hires.

The larger systemic issue of a male dominated video game industry is fine, but throwing a temper tantrum over hiring clearly qualified applicants because they're white guys is ludicrous.

Naturally, for the most part, internets gonna internet in response rather than telling them why it's logically unsound--although let's be honest, "Go **** yourself" doesn't necessarily indicate a whole lot of intellectual honesty going on there.

Is it a "systemic issue" that the modeling, fashion and beauty industry is female dominated?

Or is it the logical result of more women being interested in that industry?

Or is that "different"...the last bastion argument of someone who has no intellectual insight left.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

The internet became a lot worse with the exponential growth of social media. Ever since smart phones, the ease of access to social media makes it effortless to whip out your phone and post what ever dumb shit that comes out of your mind without thinking.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

-Winston Churchill

EVERYONE having a voice is a good thing! Right?................................RIGHT?????????????????????

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

@Bruin1986 said:

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

-Winston Churchill

EVERYONE having a voice is a good thing! Right?................................RIGHT?????????????????????

Freaking heck yes it is. It isn't hard to make your own communities and connections. Besides, trust me you want everyone to have a voice. The very first people kicked off the internet are those who use excessive punctuation while thinking caps lock is cruse control for cool.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Meh... I don't give a crap. I'm still sore at that crappy website for ruining Gamespot. I feel like they fixed what wasn't broken and broke it.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#241 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts

Notice how GB's formal acknowledgment of the situation almost completely ignored any of the feminist criticism they received. The uproar that started everything was so misguided that there was no need for them to even bother defending their hires.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#243 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

Looks like she stirred up the hornets nest and got stung, serves her right but I don't see how one persons opinion matters that much.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@charizard1605 Sholdn't this topic be closed because it's "not System Wars material"? Hmm?

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@drekula2 said:

Samantha Allen is still more mature and emotionally stable than like half of the GS users.

.....right....

Good Lord is this what feminism has become

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#246  Edited By 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts

Got what she asked for. Get a fucking grip.

Also, when will this "**** white guys lol"-trend stop? It's getting pretty old.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@SolidTy said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@osirisx3 said:

TC are you an atheist?

+1 for having the word "subcutaneous" in your paragraph.

Maybe TC is just a sex maniac?

To the Mystery Machine!

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@trugs26 said:

Why are you posting threads about someone insignificant?

Because people love bitching about feminists most so than feminists actually do anything.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

lol gotta love feminists and transgendered folks.

I especially like the legitimate question being answered with "go **** yourself"