FEAR vs BioShock

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2149 posts) 6 months, 8 days ago

Poll: FEAR vs BioShock (41 votes)

F.E.A.R. 41%
BioShock 59%

Killzone vs. Halo – Winner Halo( 27% vs 71%)

Battlefield vs Medal of Honor – Winner Battlefield (91% vs 9%)

MAG vs Resistance – Winner Resistance (44% vs 56%)

Counter-Strike vs Call of Duty – Winnter Counter-Strike (70% vs 30%)

Far Cry vs STALKER – Winner STALKER (28% vs 72%)

Left 4 Dead vs Borderlands 2 – Winner Left 4 Dead (65% vs 35%)

Better games?

F.E.A.R.

BioShock

I know those are different game but in the end we find out best FPS games of all time.

#1 Edited by YearoftheSnake5 (7219 posts) -

FEAR 1 is amazing. I haven't played a game with AI that comes anywhere close. FEAR 2 is alright. FEAR 3 is terrible and shouldn't have been made. The only Bioshock game I played was the first one and I couldn't really get into it. So, my vote goes to FEAR.

#2 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10316 posts) -

Exactly what criterio should we be using to compare all these game ?

#3 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5800 posts) -

Bioshock by a mile.

#4 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4320 posts) -

Bioshock, for the simple fact that they're some of the most immersive FPS with the best attention to detail and world building.

Fear is great too though.

#5 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

bioshock no contest

#6 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8376 posts) -

FEAR is very hated on System Wars. I couldn't care less about the haters. For me it's one of the best ever. It's just not fair to compare it to Bioshock.

#7 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10316 posts) -

@ Salt_The_Fries

Exactly !

#8 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16299 posts) -

I still need to play the FEAR series.

And I only finished the first Bioshock recently, lol. Will be getting to 2 soon.

#9 Edited by happyduds77 (1449 posts) -

FEAR has the best shooting mechanics IMO, but Bioshock had a deeper gameplay and story. So Bioshock it is.

#10 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4714 posts) -

FEAR is objectively the pinnacle of AI in video games & arguably gunplay, Bioshock can't even compare

#11 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10316 posts) -

See TC ?

These two games are incompatable. Whatever the result, it won't be a reliable one.

#12 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2563 posts) -

I was one of the few that found FEAR 3 a great deal of fun. The horde mode, I found more enticing than those of other games.

#13 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10316 posts) -

@ IMAHAPYHIPPO

Horde mode is Always good. Can't believe President Evil 5 and 6 didn't have it.

#14 Edited by superclocked (5823 posts) -

It basically comes down to FEAR 1 vs Bioshock Infinite for me, so I'm not even going to vote...

#15 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife these games are not the same,

on is basically the matrix in first person while on acid watching the ring,

and the other is a quasi rpg that read the fountainhead way to much in highschool......

seriously just stop with these dumbass comparisons.

#16 Posted by lostrib (34676 posts) -

Gonna guess most people will say that FEAR has the better shooting and AI but BioShock is a better story

#17 Edited by lamprey263 (23202 posts) -

I'd say Bioshock as it's consistently good. Loved the first game and even liked the sequel quite a bit though I held reservations about it. I did find Bioshock Infinite to be pretty hyped and not as satisfying as I was expecting but it was still a bit of fun. I didn't find the world of Infinite or the story to be as fully coherent as the other games though. I also didn't think the ending made a lot of sense, I mean I understood the whole baptism parallel universe path deviation thing and how the Booker was able to have a child and Comstock didn't, so he went and stole Booker's child which in a way was his own child (as they're both the same person, just in different parallel universes)... I just didn't get how drowning post baptism Booker would eliminate Comstock, they'd have to eliminate the pre-baptism Booker and thus eliminate them all (Booker, Comstock, and thus Elizabeth).

I still enjoyed F.E.A.R. at least for the first two games Monolith produced, the third game by Day One sucked though, but it sounds like most people hated F.E.A.R. 2 and gave up on the series then, I actually liked it better than the first though, it was a much more polished game and had some exciting scary moments.

#18 Posted by uninspiredcup (7868 posts) -

The original fear still has the best shooting in a first person shooter to date. It also has a really cool story to boot.

Bioshock is a poor mans system shock 2 for the young console people, Waste of time.

#19 Edited by wiifan001 (18377 posts) -

Fear 1 > Bioshock Franchise > Fear 2 & 3.

Overall Bioshock

#20 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (744 posts) -

Even if there's only one true spectacular game in the series, FEAR gets my vote because FEAR 1 was amazing and was the absolute example of refinement in a genre.

#21 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10316 posts) -

@ uninspiredcup

Not its not. You just sore because they went multiplatform. System Shock 2 was overly complicated.

Also Bioshock was definately not desigened with a controller in mind and the 360 version had performance issues. Even if it was the "poor man's System Shock 2" you have no basis to prove consoles were responsible other than it went multiplatform, which isn't uncommon for shooters or RPG Hybrids.

#22 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2149 posts) -

FEAR 1 is still amazing. Great AI, i love slow motion shooting and those moments.

Sadly FEAR 2 is okay and FEAR 3 just sucks.

Bioshock first game is also great. Something different.

#23 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8376 posts) -

What I miss about FEAR is slides and kicks. They were very meaningfully implemented.

#24 Posted by bfmv2007 (279 posts) -

FEAR at 44%? That's shocking. FEAR is a great game, and definitely scary, but it cant hold a light to Bioshock. But I will say, even to todays standards, FEAR Has great AI.

#25 Posted by jg4xchamp (47430 posts) -

FEAR so long as it's just FEAR1.

The Bioshock games are fine. Enjoyable even. They don't live up to the same level of satisfaction on a gameplay level. It's simply the superior videogame to anything Bioshock has done in 3 games.

#26 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

We comparing the franchises, or just the games, "Bioshock" and "F.E.A.R."?

If franchises, Bioshock, no contest. If just the first games.... Still probably Bioshock for me, but by a much smaller margin. So I'm voting Bioshock I guess. But FEAR 1 is so fuckin great, for sure.

#27 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2149 posts) -

I guess BioShock wins vote because console gamers never played good FEAR on PC

#28 Posted by lostrib (34676 posts) -

Perhaps give the poll longer than 10 hours

#29 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife: Great gifs. Yeah, FEAR was incredible. Definitely never played anything else that made a shootout so intense.

#30 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2149 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Perhaps give the poll longer than 10 hours

I will

#31 Posted by thereal25 (362 posts) -

what we prefer

#32 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10316 posts) -

@ thereal25

I prefer if he would make better comparisons !

#33 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15922 posts) -
@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ thereal25

I agree. I prefer it something more like STALKER vs Metro or Crysis vs Far Cry, Battlefield vs CoD.....ARMA vs Operation Flashpoint.

#34 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2149 posts) -

@ thereal25

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ thereal25

I agree. I prefer it something more like STALKER vs Metro or Crysis vs Far Cry, Battlefield vs CoD.....ARMA vs Operation Flashpoint.

Well i make poll best FPS games of all time.

There will be Crysis in 1 day in poll.

Call of Duty lost poll against Counter-Strike. With polls we will see what is best FPS game game franchise.

So it does not matter is it Crysis vs Far Cry or what ever game it is, in the end there will be 1 winner.

#35 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23537 posts) -

i like both but if i had to choose it would be bioshock.

also lol, you had to have mag go up against rfom so sony could have a dog in the fight for round two because i can't see either of those titles winning against literally any other shooter they go up against.

to find a shooter mag and rfom could win against you would have to make the vs against something like the wolfenstein 3d bible mod.

what say sw?

is mag or rfom better than this or is it too close to call?

#36 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -

FEAR had better gunplay. Bioshock destroys it in everything else. Gawd I couldn't stand the endless, repeated dark grey and brown offices of FEAR.

Bioshock for me.

#37 Edited by Cyberdot (3518 posts) -

F.E.A.R no doubt.

More fun and immersive.

#38 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2149 posts) -

Vote more. Poll soon closed.

#39 Posted by 001011000101101 (3951 posts) -

There's something VERY special about the atmosphere of the first F.E.A.R. Dunno what exactly.

#40 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

BioShock is way more creative. Not to mention doesn't reside in bland copypasta environments.

If this would had been a comparison in horror elements then FEAR would have got my vote.

#41 Edited by cainetao11 (16915 posts) -

Toughie. I go with Bioshock

#42 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Well i make poll best FPS games of all time.

There will be Crysis in 1 day in poll.

Call of Duty lost poll against Counter-Strike. With polls we will see what is best FPS game game franchise.

So it does not matter is it Crysis vs Far Cry or what ever game it is, in the end there will be 1 winner.

Actually, if you want this to be a legit competition, it does matter what the order is, and what the match-ups are. If you make the preliminary polls between games that can hardly be compared, some games will get voted out earlier than they would have otherwise, just because people may prefer one type of game over another. Then these games don't get a chance to be compared with other games that are actually similar.

If your goal is to find that "1 winner", your polls need to be between games that are as similar to each other as possible, so they actually get votes based on objective advantages and disadvantages, rather than letting some games get screwed just because the people on SW today prefer exploration, story and light RPG elements to linear corridor shooters. Your matches should be paired based on massive similarities, at least until the list of candidates is narrowed to the point that's impossible.

#43 Posted by 10854 (108 posts) -