Favourite Game Commercial (Any Gen)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3389 posts) -

What is your favourite game commercial of all time! Any Gen any platform. Mine is the Mad World Gears of War Commercial as seen below! This made me run out buy a 360 right away, the emotion, the despair, the tension it was spot on perfect! And one of the best games last gen as well, what are your favourites? Can be an ad, TV commercial whatever :)

#2 Posted by hoyalawya (291 posts) -

#3 Posted by gameofthering (9623 posts) -

#4 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3389 posts) -

@gameofthering: Had to post this one! Loved GTA and hopefully GTA will return to Vice City one day.

#5 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (2358 posts) -
#6 Posted by MonsieurX (26888 posts) -

The ones when Nintendo and Sega were fighting with the SNES and Genesis

#7 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (2358 posts) -

@Solid_Max13: also i know it isnt game but these 2 commercials are amazing. 1st the classic michael commercial for ps3, 2nd the instant classic ps4 perfect day

#8 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3389 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: The believe ad was awesome! and very well put together! I remember there was a funny parody video for a while I'll try to find it

#9 Posted by mems_1224 (44740 posts) -

#10 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3389 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: The two PLayStation ones you chose are destined to become classics for sure, here is the parody of Halo I know many spoofed it including Bulletstorm I thought this one was best!

#11 Posted by Arthas045 (4860 posts) -

Those 16bits.....................

#12 Posted by GotNugz (620 posts) -

I liked the Michael ps3 ad, and the original ocarina of time ad.

#13 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (11012 posts) -

I didn't even own a saturn, but holy shit.

#14 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (2358 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: The two PLayStation ones you chose are destined to become classics for sure, here is the parody of Halo I know many spoofed it including Bulletstorm I thought this one was best!

haha never seen this one, its funny because its true. halo 3 was the last game i played where the community actually talks in game. now everybody sits in party chat which has ruined multiplayer experience to an extent

#15 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3389 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: Yea it was more a parody but it was so true especially if anyone has ever used Live! But still a worthy parody for sure!

#16 Edited by gameofthering (9623 posts) -
#17 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3389 posts) -

Is that Sonny Chiba in those commercials if so then damn SEGA! thats badass lol!

#18 Edited by mrintro (1354 posts) -

#19 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (11012 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Is that Sonny Chiba in those commercials if so then damn SEGA! thats badass lol!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segata_Sanshiro

He isn't, but he reminds me of Sonny Chiba an awful lot. hahaha.

#20 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3389 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segata_Sanshiro

He isn't, but he reminds me of Sonny Chiba an awful lot. hahaha.

It reminded me a lot of him as well! But still cool never owned Sega tbh but i remember the bit wars quite fondly lol

#21 Edited by Renegade_Fury (16728 posts) -

Welcome to the Next Level. :)

#22 Posted by R4gn4r0k (14459 posts) -

I have never seen a game commercial on TV that I found good, luckily there is youtube.

I like the one where mario and friends are beating up Yoshi. Commercial for Super smash Bros. http://youtu.be/K783SDTBKmg

I also like the commercial for Blast Processing of the Sega Genesis. http://youtu.be/zlulSyBI2aY

#23 Posted by R4gn4r0k (14459 posts) -

I love how he asks what Blast Processing does, but then doesn't explain what it does XD

Marketing at its best.

#24 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3389 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Renegade_Fury said:

I love how he asks what Blast Processing does, but then doesn't explain what it does XD

Marketing at its best.

SEGA loved the whole "It does what Nintendon't" and Blast processing which they claimed made the Genesis faster and better, ah SEGA and the bit wars :)

#25 Edited by Renegade_Fury (16728 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

@Renegade_Fury said:

Marketing at its best.

Yeah, but all we know is that the SNES sucks for not having it, lol.

Believe it or not though, blast processing is referring to the Genesis having a faster cpu, so it's actually not bullshit. SHMUPS and run 'n gun games were better on the Genesis due to it, for example. ;)

#26 Posted by R4gn4r0k (14459 posts) -

@Renegade_Fury: @Solid_Max13:

I wasn't sarcastic or anything :p

Just showing a very fast car and a very slow one is some great marketing if you ask me. The Genesis was a little better and faster yeah, but they really make it seem like it's a gen ahead. Brilliant !

I was wondering if that 'Sega does what Nintendon't' was actually in a commercial of theirs, or it that was something used by fans?

#27 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3389 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: Oh it was check the above posts you'll see the marketing they did, many of the commercials were based on bashing Nintendo good ol console wars those days :)

#28 Edited by Renegade_Fury (16728 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Renegade_Fury: @Solid_Max13:

I wasn't sarcastic or anything :p

Just showing a very fast car and a very slow one is some great marketing if you ask me. The Genesis was a little better and faster yeah, but they really make it seem like it's a gen ahead. Brilliant !

I was wondering if that 'Sega does what Nintendon't' was actually in a commercial of theirs, or it that was something used by fans?

Oh yeah, as far as marketing goes, it's brilliant. That was actually one of the main commercials that made me get a Genesis, lol.

No, it's real.

Joe Montana, Michael Jackson, and Pat Riley. SEGA pulled out all the stops on this one.

#29 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

"You there, come heerrrr!"

"Ahhh it's a murderer!"

"Give me the bag bitch and get down!

*sirens*

"What do you want! I'll give you my money just go!"

"Give me the damn 3DO!"

"What?!"

"Give me the damn 3DO!"

*Slap*

"Why can't you learn to rob like a real man!?"

"3DO, so good you will slap a burglar."

Lol best commercial. Here is the youtube video:

#30 Posted by edwardecl (1309 posts) -

I found this one a bit odd but funny...

Especially the ending.

#31 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3389 posts) -

@edwardecl: LOL thats a good one!!! never had seen that one before.