Favorite Resident Evil?

• 138 results
#101 Edited by AzatiS (7613 posts) -
@mariokart97 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AzatiS

Damn that was an overeaction.... Anyway I never bothered timing the delay on President Evil 4 but in 5 the close range enemies don't delay for longer than 3 seconds and the long ranger ones don't delay for longer than 6 seconds once they're loaded and lit. (cross bows and longbows) thats all on the easist difficulty, these delays get shorter and shorter on higher difficulties. Either way, much better than Zombies. Atleast they wield weapons.

You see ? Thats NOT RE ! For veterans that grew up with the series , loved them because of survival/horror zombie like elements ... totally missed out in 4 and beyond. Let alone those creatures...alien like

Honestly this thread was supposed to be about favorites, and you're making it about which games are true resident evil games.

Since you wanna go down that road, why is it that when I walk into another room, pressing left makes me move in a different direction than in the last room? Oh yeah because of fixed camera angles. Not trying to talk smack but you're claiming RE4 isn't a RE game and I completely disagree. That game was hard.

Then read what i said or how this converation started before you jump on me.

Now read again what i said about oldschool RE compared to RE 4. All my answers are there.

As if RE4 was hard .. lol .. what is this obsession ... Is that you lulu , second account or what ? Who talked about difficulty except you and lulu ! Now if you think RE4 was true to its genre , gore , lore ,story and all as all the RE before it ... then you havent played those games...or if you did you did after you played re 4 !! Theres no other explanation if you think RE4 couldnt easily have been a new IP or a SIDE game.

#102 Edited by General_Solo76 (223 posts) -

The best ones are RE: Remake, RE 2, RE 3, and RE: CV........I liked RE 4, but the rest are fairly mediocre. Capcom needs to bring the series back to its roots.

#103 Posted by mariokart97 (837 posts) -

@AzatiS said:
@mariokart97 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AzatiS

Damn that was an overeaction.... Anyway I never bothered timing the delay on President Evil 4 but in 5 the close range enemies don't delay for longer than 3 seconds and the long ranger ones don't delay for longer than 6 seconds once they're loaded and lit. (cross bows and longbows) thats all on the easist difficulty, these delays get shorter and shorter on higher difficulties. Either way, much better than Zombies. Atleast they wield weapons.

You see ? Thats NOT RE ! For veterans that grew up with the series , loved them because of survival/horror zombie like elements ... totally missed out in 4 and beyond. Let alone those creatures...alien like

Honestly this thread was supposed to be about favorites, and you're making it about which games are true resident evil games.

Since you wanna go down that road, why is it that when I walk into another room, pressing left makes me move in a different direction than in the last room? Oh yeah because of fixed camera angles. Not trying to talk smack but you're claiming RE4 isn't a RE game and I completely disagree. That game was hard.

Now read again what i said about oldschool RE compared to RE 4. All my answers are there.

As if RE4 was hard .. lol .. what is this obsession ... Is that you lulu , second account or what ? Who talked about difficulty except you and lulu ! Now if you think RE4 was true to its genre , gore , lore ,story and all as all the RE before it ... then you havent played those games...or if you did you did after you played re 4 !! Theres no other explanation if you think RE4 couldnt easily have been a new IP or a SIDE game.

We should just agree to disagree because I admittedly don't have enough knowledge about the earlier games.

If you really believe that RE4 doesn't have the same feel as the older RE4 that's fair, but don't claim it isn't survival horror because there were def horror elements, and there was def survival elements. I know that I for one could not just empty a clip into the dirt and expect to find a weapons cache nearby. That aspect was good in my eyes.

But to each his own I suppose.

#104 Posted by thehig1 (2049 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner: I get what you mean.

It's like your favorite metal band releasing one awesome jazz album, the jazz album might he incredible but I don't like jazz

#105 Posted by csward (271 posts) -

#106 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13136 posts) -

@AzatiS

"Quote properly for starters."

NEVER ! ! ! :o

Anyway.... I'm comparing gameplay, not all that immersion and atmosphere emo nonsense I keep hearing about... Some of that stuff is either far too subjective or crappy in in the mentioned iterations being discussed.

#107 Posted by Boddicker (2745 posts) -

RE4

While I didn't think RE5 was quite as bad as most people at the time were saying it just didn't measure up to RE4. I stayed away from RE6.

#108 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26506 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AzatiS

Thats one of my main complaints about the series now. There shouldint be weapon wielding enimes. Its suppose to be about giving us monsters to go up against. Slapping on gun on it kinda kills the charm.

On topic for me its

Remake(still the cream of the crop of RE imo),RE3,revelations,RE2,RECV,RE4,RE5,RE6. I never got around to play zero but I saw someone els play it.

#109 Edited by AzatiS (7613 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AzatiS

"Quote properly for starters."

NEVER ! ! ! :o

Anyway.... I'm comparing gameplay, not all that immersion and atmosphere emo nonsense I keep hearing about... Some of that stuff is either far too subjective or crappy in in the mentioned iterations being discussed.

Yeah ... only gameplay matters , i forgot. Specially in survival/horror genre. Ill go play Mario for that !

#110 Posted by PapaTrop (1243 posts) -

The only ones I really like are REmake, RE4, and RE5.

I wish they'd give the REmake treatment to 2, 3, and CV. It'd make them a lot more playable, and would possibly introduce a bunch of new people to the old style horror games.

#111 Edited by Zelda187 (879 posts) -

@mariokart97 said:

@AzatiS said:
@mariokart97 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AzatiS

We should just agree to disagree because I admittedly don't have enough knowledge about the earlier games.

If you really believe that RE4 doesn't have the same feel as the older RE4 that's fair, but don't claim it isn't survival horror because there were def horror elements, and there was def survival elements. I know that I for one could not just empty a clip into the dirt and expect to find a weapons cache nearby. That aspect was good in my eyes.

But to each his own I suppose.

RE4 wasn't a survival horror game.

I don't see how anyone who played the first 3 Resident Evil or Silent Hill games, Alone in the Dark, System Shock 2, Fatal Frame, etc could argue otherwise.

There was no real element of survival in RE4. Weapons, ammo, and healing herbs were literally everywhere. Hell, they even had beams of light (arcadey as fuck) shooting out of them to make it easy as pie to spot them.

There were plenty of times in the aforementioned games where you had no other choice but to simply run away or get slaughtered. In RE4, you're just mowing enemies down the majority of the time.

It's a 3rd person shooter with some horror elements, not a survival horror game.

#112 Posted by bussinrounds (2170 posts) -

1-3 for me. 4 was 'good for what it is', but more of an action horror, as opposed to a proper survival horror game. Didn't really scratch that same itch the older games did.

#113 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8816 posts) -

REmake on GameCube by far!

I still own the GameCube original. I remember finishing Chris's scenario on hard difficulty. During the final boss battle I was left with just one shotgun clip and a few magnum bullets, it was too little to initiate the cut-scene with RPG drop so initially I had thought I was screwed for good before I figured I had to let the Tyrant grab me several times so that I could use emergency grenades. I've finished the game with no bullets and no grenades left. I'll never forget that.

#114 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13136 posts) -

@finalfantasy94

Actually I prefer it if it were the other way around, its the protagonists who shouldn't be carrying anyweapons.

#115 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13136 posts) -

@AzatiS

There ya go... Start small then work your way up. :p

#116 Edited by Fezzinator101 (231 posts) -

Resident Evil 4.

#117 Posted by benleslie5 (7846 posts) -

Resident Evil 2 and 4

#118 Posted by Martin_G_N (1716 posts) -

Resident evil 2

#119 Edited by trollop_scat (2651 posts) -

RE2, then REmake, then Veronica, then your sassy mother...

#120 Edited by Vatusus (4616 posts) -

RE4 > RE3:Nemesis > RE:CV > RE2 > RE1 > RE5 > RE6

Didnt beat the rest. Finally I'll be able to play REmake!

#121 Posted by KingsofQueens (2217 posts) -

In order:

1. RE2 (PS1)
  2. RE4 (GC)
  3. RE3 (PS1)
  4. RE:CV (DC)
  5. REmake (GC)
#122 Posted by drinkerofjuice (3188 posts) -
  1. Resident Evil 4
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. REmake

Folks can kindly piss off with the "real" Resident Evil argument. The series had an emphasis on action from the very start, and you don't feel nearly as vulnerable in the earlier titles than you are in other survival horror series with the exception of REmake. Resident Evil 4 was the mark of Capcom finally accepting and embracing the fact that the series had a primary focus on action, and it resulted in what is arguably the finest action game ever crafted.

#123 Posted by cainetao11 (17595 posts) -

@Flubbbs said:

Resident Evil 2

Agreed. I remember waiting on line to get my copy way back then with a buddy. That game was so awesome.

Also, your avatar rules.

#124 Edited by Pffrbt (6556 posts) -

@pelvist said:

If Resident Evil was shit before 4 then there wouldnt have been a 4.

There was a 4 though despite prior games being complete shit.

@thehig1 Resident Evil prior to 4 was essentially a shitty action game pretending to be horror. It's good that 4 changed that. Also, don't compare 4 to Gears, RE4 is actually fun to play.

#125 Posted by Pffrbt (6556 posts) -
@Zelda187 said:

There was no real element of survival in RE4. Weapons, ammo, and healing herbs were literally everywhere.

The same could be said about every previous game save for REmake. You can easily become a walking arsenal in most of them if you conserve even moderately.

#126 Posted by allthatdown (1227 posts) -

The one that was actually fun to play; Resident Evil 4.

I remember playing 1 and Zero on the Gamecube when I was a kid and found them mildly enjoyable, but I recently bought them both on the Wii and after only an hour of playing realized how terrible they both were.

#127 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13136 posts) -

@Pffrbt

Geard is Fun too. :p

#128 Edited by ominous_titan (720 posts) -

part 4

#129 Posted by Malta_1980 (11358 posts) -

For me its RE1 & RE2... they were the best in the series !!

#130 Edited by sukraj (22826 posts) -

@Boddicker said:

RE4

While I didn't think RE5 was quite as bad as most people at the time were saying it just didn't measure up to RE4. I stayed away from RE6.

the only resi evil game I played was 4 and I enjoyed it.

#131 Posted by chocolate1325 (32525 posts) -

Resident Evil 4 because it paved the way for 3rd person shooters whilst it did take away few of the things that made it RE in the first place. RE5 took everything away and 6 the less said the better.

My second favorite is a close one between Code Veronica and RE2 but just going with 2 since it expanded on the first game. Remake was also very good as well. RE3 would round out the top 5 closely followed by Revelations and then Zero.

#132 Posted by Lucianu (9427 posts) -

I enjoyed Resident Evil 3 and Code Veronica.. but i haven't quite played the rest to form a valid opinion on them. This thread gave me a good idea, I think i'll marathon through the entire main series.

Since i did the same thing with the Silent Hill series (1-4 only) not to long ago, and got used to the controls of the first one, i'll have no problem getting into the older ones and appreciate them for what they are.

#133 Posted by aroxx_ab (9833 posts) -

1,2 and 4

#134 Edited by SecretPolice (22071 posts) -

CV on the DC for me.

#135 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26506 posts) -

@chocolate1325 said:

Resident Evil 4 because it paved the way for 3rd person shooters whilst it did take away few of the things that made it RE in the first place. RE5 took everything away and 6 the less said the better.

My second favorite is a close one between Code Veronica and RE2 but just going with 2 since it expanded on the first game. Remake was also very good as well. RE3 would round out the top 5 closely followed by Revelations and then Zero.

Feel differently. I felt like the horror atmosphere was kidna gone. Game did nothing for me in that regard.

#136 Posted by Seabas989 (10285 posts) -

RE4

#137 Posted by Liquid_ (2697 posts) -

RE3

RE2/1

RE : CV

RE5(cuz of coop)

RE Revelations

RE4

RE6(cuz crap)

RE ORC (cuz crappier)

#138 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13136 posts) -

@Liquid_

I'm surprized you even bothered adding ORC in there. Most don't acknowledge its existance.

#139 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4435 posts) -

Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil Zero

#140 Posted by bulby_g (1123 posts) -

Definitely REmake.