Favorite Crysis game?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Favorite Crysis game? (70 votes)

Crysis 56%
Crysis Warhead 16%
Crysis 2 17%
Crysis 3 11%

CRYSIS

CRYSIS WARHEAD

CRYSIS 2

CRYSIS 3

So, what is your favorite Crysis game?

• 
dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts

Crysis obviously!

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

The original and Warhead. The consolization of the series killed what it was. Big, open worlds and second-to-none visuals.

The series remained pretty, but it lost the openness that made it so enjoyable. Can only do one or the other on 512MB of memory. Thanks, consoles. Online multiplayer was decent on C2 and C3, though.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Warhead - Crysis 1 - Crysis 2 - Crysis 3

Crysis 3 was literally a tech demo for Cryengine 3

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

I loved Crysis 1 most. Had great music, gameplay and most of all, big open world maps. Sneak or just rush, or big boom, its your choice how you want to play. Also multiplayer is great. NUKE!!! BOOM!!!

Such as shame that Consoles ruined another great game.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I enjoyed the first one.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#6 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

All are boring. Horrible multiplayer, terrible story, easy single player. I guess Crysis 1 the best just to stare at the graphics all day.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Crysis and Warhead are by far the best.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FreedomFreeLife

@KillzoneSnake said:

All are boring. Horrible multiplayer, terrible story, easy single player. I guess Crysis 1 the best just to stare at the graphics all day.

Funny how you say that when you never played any those games.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

They're all pretty mediocre gameplay wise. The original was at least more than a glorified tech demo though so I'm goung with that

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@_Matt_ said:

They're all pretty mediocre gameplay wise. The original was at least more than a glorified tech demo though so I'm goung with that

medicre gameplay? because gameplay was more hardcore than casual like call of duty. Really, go away!

Its called PC gameplay, not console gameplay

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

This is hard for me to pick. Crysis 2 was the last one I played. It was a second play through not long after getting a nice new PC August 2012, and I enjoyed it more the second time, so I chose that. I get the appeal of the openness of some of Crysis, and that was pretty exciting when I first played it, but I remember it had a few areas I didn't like. Warhead felt a bit too familiar to me.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#12 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58837 Posts

Crysis 2/3 are child like console titles lacking the mature nature of the first two.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By inggrish

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@_Matt_ said:

medicre gameplay? because gameplay was more hardcore than casual like call of duty. Really, go away!

Yes mediocre gameplay.

You're telling me to go away just because I don't agree with your opinion and can see past pretty graphics?

And you do realise I'm primarily a pc gamer right?

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@_Matt_ said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@_Matt_ said:

Yes mediocre gameplay.

You're telling me to go away just because I don't agree with your opinion and can see past pretty graphics?

So you like casual gameplay than hardcore. arma 3, crysis and stalker has best gameplays.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15  Edited By drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

Crysis Warhead for sure. Unlike the original title, the frozen/alien sections were a blast and the protagonist had a personality. The most consistently enjoyable title out of the bunch.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 inggrish

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@_Matt_ said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@_Matt_ said:

Yes mediocre gameplay.

So you like casual gameplay than hardcore. arma 3, crysis and stalker has best gameplays.

you're not very good at this argument thing are you?

I don't agree with you therefore I'm a casual gamer, that it?

There is nothing more hardcore about Crysis than say F.E.A.R or Counter Strike, both of which I play, if that is what your definitions of hardcore and casual are;

so now I have debunked that I'm a casual and that i'm not a pc gamer, anything else you would like to try and throw at me to undermine my argument's weight?

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Crysis lost it a bit with the aliens, fighting humans was much more fun.

Still, Crysis and Warhead are amazing games and I couldn't believe how they managed to ruin it with Crysis 2.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I loved Crysis 2. Im actually a big fan of all of them.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

Crysis > Warhead > Crysis2/3

Crysis is a thinking persons fps. Where you can not just run into every situation and shoot everything in sight. You have to make use of the suit functions and the environments, that what makes the game have such great replay value as the same area/enemy base almost never play out the same the second time.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

First one is still my favorite.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

None of them were good because they were typical crytek games that are all flash and no substance. All of the crysis games were just awful and if you stripped away the graphics no one would play them.

Crysis games are essentially like Michael bay movies to me, beautiful to look at but painful and boring to spend time on.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@miiiiv said:

Crysis is a thinking persons fps. Where you can not just run into every situation and shoot everything in sight. You have to make use of the suit functions and the environments, that what makes the game have such great replay value as the same area/enemy base almost never play out the same the second time.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA "thinking persons fps" hahahaha

Even call of duty is a thinking persons fps if you role play it that way and pretend youre being tactful and considerate about everything. Crysis is just a run and gun game, the suit serves no real purpose aside from required moments you need to jump high. You can run and gun all you want. I found the games story terribly generic and I just wanted to get through it so that's what I did, I always had speed turned on and just blew through it.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FreedomFreeLife

@Gargus said:

@miiiiv said:

Even call of duty is a thinking persons fps if you role play it that way and pretend youre being tactful and considerate about everything. Crysis is just a run and gun game, the suit serves no real purpose aside from required moments you need to jump high. You can run and gun all you want. I found the games story terribly generic and I just wanted to get through it so that's what I did, I always had speed turned on and just blew through it.

Yet says a guy who never played this game before.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Gargus said:

@miiiiv said:

Yet says a guy who never played this game before.

I agree. The juice for speed setting lasts for all of two seconds. That's not enough to get away from a group of eagle-eyed KPA (in Delta). Speed is my least used suit setting in Crysis/Warhead.

As for favorites:

Crysis 3 > Crysis/Warhead > Crysis 2.

For looks:

Crysis 3 > Crysis 2 > Crysis/Warhead

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

The original is the best by far. Played some of it again like 2 days ago and it's just fun all round. Messing with enemies and the AI/physics is a good time

Warhead had some slightly better sections at times but it was a sign of where the franchise was going as it had more sections that funneled you down a path than the original and everything was more restricted or didn't feel like it had much experimentation anymore

Crysis 2 is actually a decent game on its own, just in comparison to the original it's shitty

Crysis 3 is just a terrible game through and through. It's pretty as **** but has really uninspired level design and the prettiness disappears halfway through

RoccoHout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RoccoHout
Member since 2011 • 1086 Posts

Crysis Warhead, I loved playing as Psycho and the story was actually decent instead of bad like with the others. It also mixed fighting both Koreans and Ceph, in the other games its just you either fight humans or you fight Ceph

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#27 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

I've only played Crysis. I didn't think it was that great, but it was damn fun to use the shotgun in combination with the super speed.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

Although Crysis/Warhead isn't a sim like ARMA 2, the engagement distances are pretty representative of real world.

Assault rifles are lethal from long ranges. That's why the targets in a real world firing range are very small. I like that feel in the FPS games I play. Crysis/Warhead plays it out the same way.

I like to replay the Crysis games in sim fashion. That is, I turn off the HUD and try not to use the suit. No pointers. No hints of where to go. No enemy tracking. No ammo tracking. Strictly instinct of where the enemies may be and ammo count is strictly in my head.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Calling Crysis 3 a game is granting it too much credence.

Voted Crysis.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@jun_aka_pekto said:

Although Crysis/Warhead isn't a sim like ARMA 2, the engagement distances are pretty representative of real world.

Assault rifles are lethal from long ranges. That's why the targets in a real world firing range are very small. I like that feel in the FPS games I play. Crysis/Warhead plays it out the same way.

Gotta love them long range headshots you spend ages setting up

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I just got Crysis 3 for 4.99 so we'll see how that goes

But it is probably Crysis/Warhead

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jun_aka_pekto

@seanmcloughlin said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

Gotta love them long range headshots you spend ages setting up

That too. The bobbing when using sights in Crysis/Warhead seems pretty accurate especially when the magnification is increased. I've seen the same thing when firing an M16 (in the real world) using iron sights. I wished the bobbing was there when using any gun in the game.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I have only played Crysis and Crysis 2. Beat both and liked the first more. I also own Crysis 3, but have yet to play it. I don't see me ever buying Warhead.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AmazonTreeBoa

@RoccoHout said:

Crysis Warhead, I loved playing as Psycho and the story was actually decent instead of bad like with the others. It also mixed fighting both Koreans and Ceph, in the other games its just you either fight humans or you fight Ceph

I take it you haven't played Crysis then, because you fight both in that as well.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts
@Gargus said:

@miiiiv said:

The speed only last for so long, not nearly enough to get away all the time. Sure, I can understand that all the approaches and tactics to killing enemies and the different paths you take through the huge levels, including how you choose to move forward, steal a car or a boat and cross the water and continue from there, are to much for some people that are used to run in the corridors in Cod with mindless drones to assist you. If you die, both your allies (drones) and enemies will pretty much repeat their pattern of what they just did.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa

I haven't tried hardest setting on Crysis 2 yet, but the hardest setting on Crysis was a huge letdown. It wasn't much harder than the easier setting to me. Maybe it was the way I played that made it so easy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@jun_aka_pekto said:

That too. The bobbing when using sights in Crysis/Warhead seems pretty accurate especially when the magnification is increased. I've seen the same thing when firing an M16 (in the real world) using iron sights. I wished the bobbing was there when using any gun in the game.

Yep, it made getting the perfect shot all the more satisfying.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FreedomFreeLife

Looks like this poll proves that PC exclusive is still better than having multiplatform console dumbed down port

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@KillzoneSnake said:

Coming from a guy with Killzone in his name, that comment is hilariously ironic.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Warhead. After that the entire series went downhill.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Crysis 2 because thats the only one that wasn't completely boring. What a mediocre series

Avatar image for k1ngd0m4g3rul3z
K1ngd0m4g3rul3z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 K1ngd0m4g3rul3z
Member since 2013 • 179 Posts

Crysis one.

Although you could empty a clip on those damn koreans and they could survive

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46188 Posts

Crysis and Warhead are by far the best ones.

@seanmcloughlin said:

The original is the best by far. Played some of it again like 2 days ago and it's just fun all round. Messing with enemies and the AI/physics is a good time

Warhead had some slightly better sections at times but it was a sign of where the franchise was going as it had more sections that funneled you down a path than the original and everything was more restricted or didn't feel like it had much experimentation anymore

Crysis 2 is actually a decent game on its own, just in comparison to the original it's shitty

Crysis 3 is just a terrible game through and through. It's pretty as **** but has really uninspired level design and the prettiness disappears halfway through

It's funny how people (read: fanboys) always said Crysis is soley about the graphics, yet Crysis 3 is the best looking one of the series but nobody prefers it over the original games.

The sandbox gameplay, that's where it's at for Crysis games.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Looks like this poll proves that PC exclusive is still better than having multiplatform console dumbed down port

But there was really no reason for Crysis to have ended up like Crysis 2 even if it was ported to consoles. Only reason i can think it was ported to consoles was for the extra money knowing the game was a failure in the first place and hoped to get some sales on the FPS casuals that play on consoles. Considering i myself don't really find crysis like a good franchise anyways it just get's credit because 2 and 3 was just downhill from an already mediocre FPS experience with good ideas but lame execution. ( But then people wanna compare mediocre to CoD which is less than mediocre as well as many other genetic FPS that play like CoD )

I swear is like crytec kills some random person with a good idea and use it for a game and then they fck up because they killed the guy with the original idea and their stolen one is just crap tossed at the wall.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

they were all let downs,

just pretty to look at is all they are

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FreedomFreeLife

@Joedgabe said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

But there was really no reason for Crysis to have ended up like Crysis 2 even if it was ported to consoles. Only reason i can think it was ported to consoles was for the extra money knowing the game was a failure in the first place and hoped to get some sales on the FPS casuals that play on consoles. Considering i myself don't really find crysis like a good franchise anyways it just get's credit because 2 and 3 was just downhill from an already mediocre FPS experience with good ideas but lame execution. ( But then people wanna compare mediocre to CoD which is less than mediocre as well as many other genetic FPS that play like CoD )

I swear is like crytec kills some random person with a good idea and use it for a game and then they fck up because they killed the guy with the original idea and their stolen one is just crap tossed at the wall.

They limited game, lineared and dumbed down everything(even multiplayer) because focus was on consoles but consoles are too weak to run games and they had to remove awesome stuff.

Crytek even said that they wanted another big open world game but console limit did not let them to what they wanted.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

crysis 2

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
  1. Warhead
  2. Crysis
  3. Who cares the games suck after that
zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

The only real Crysis.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@k1ngd0m4g3rul3z said:

Crysis one.

Although you could empty a clip on those damn koreans and they could survive

That would be true if you're sniping from long range with a silencer. I have yet to see bullet sponges in Crysis using regular firearm settings.

From my clips, it takes three solid hits to bring a KPA soldier down with the FY-71:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGJ-Lp3QmkE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PSA19JfIyY

As for bullet sponges...... Try KZ2 and KZ3 SP at the hardest settings. KZ2 have a lot of bullet sponges while KZ3 isn't quite as bad. They literally take a whole magazine to bring down. Then they get back up.