Fatal Frame to be announced soon. ...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

Heres the linkhttp://wiiudaily.com/2014/07/fatal-frame-wii-u-livestream/

Earlier this year in April, Tecmo Koei announced that the Fatal Frame series would be revived on the Wii U as an exclusive series. There was no time frame for the announcement, but it looks like Tecmo Koei is finally ready to showcase what they’ve been working on. The publisher will be hosting an event dedicated to Fatal Frame on the Japanese streaming site NicoNico on Thursday, at 1:30pm in Japan. For the rest of the world, that’s 5:30 am UK and 12:30 EST.

This presentation is slated to reveal the first footage from the Wii U game, as well as discussing news related to the franchise. There’s currently no release date set for the title inside Japan and no guarantee that it will see life outside of Japan, but fans of the series will still want to tune in to see what Japanese gamers will be getting as a treat. Remember, without fan petitions, Xenoblade Chronicles and Pandora’s Tower may not have happened!

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

@Desmonic: Nintendo own the IP and I think one or two of the series came oht kn the UK but im not 100%. I thought id post it anyway as its adult content and no one kn the WiiU like Adult content.

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

Due to the fact that Nintendo is desperate for software, I think this game has a real good shot for localization.

Kind of like when the 3ds was struggling and nintendo localized that crappie spirit camera game.

Throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

This would be a pretty cool game to play with the tablet controller.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#6  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts
@Wild_man_22 said:

Due to the fact that Nintendo is desperate for software, I think this game has a real good shot for localization.

I agree. With the dismal forecast on Wii U, the odds of this coming over are probably higher than ever.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#7 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Since the Wii-U needs games, I think this will make it out of Japan.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@Desmonic said:

The previous games didn't release outside Japan did they? Unless Ninty puts their hands on this, I doubt that will change.

One came to the UK that's about it. I've been waiting for almost 10 years. Fatal Frame 3 came out in 2005. If they think the fans from here would even bother, after shutting us out from the other two games, they've lost it.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#9 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19511 Posts

@dobzilian said:

@Desmonic: Nintendo own the IP and I think one or two of the series came oht kn the UK but im not 100%. I thought id post it anyway as its adult content and no one kn the WiiU like Adult content.

The first three Project Zero / Fatal Fury games all released in the Western world. The fourth game, directed by Suda 51, is the only one that never released outside Japan, but an English fan translation is available. And then after that, a remake of Project Zero 2 for the Wii was released in Japan, Europe, and Australia, with a new British dub for the EU and AUS versions.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@Jag85 said:

@dobzilian said:

The first three Project Zero / Fatal Fury games all released in the Western world. The fourth game, directed by Suda 51, is the only one that never released outside Japan, but an English fan translation is available. And then after that, a remake of Project Zero 2 for the Wii was released in Japan, Europe, and Australia, with a new British dub for the EU and AUS versions.

@kitty said:

@Desmonic said:

The previous games didn't release outside Japan did they? Unless Ninty puts their hands on this, I doubt that will change.

One came to the UK that's about it. I've been waiting for almost 10 years. Fatal Frame 3 came out in 2005. If they think the fans from here would even bother, after shutting us out from the other two games, they've lost it.

Okay, these two do not compute :P Someone clear this up XD

Jag is probably right lol. I just know that us US people got shut out since 3 lol.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#13  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19511 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@Jag85 said:

@dobzilian said:

@kitty said:

@Desmonic said:

Okay, these two do not compute :P Someone clear this up XD

I think Kitty meant only one came to the UK after the third game. And the one that did come to the UK after that was a remake of the second game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#15 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Fatal Frame 2 and Spirit Camera did. The only one that did not was Fatal Frame 4.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@dobzilian: Thanks for the heads up. Better get release out of Japan tho. :P

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#17 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I wish there was a Fatal Frame collection. I've never been able to play any of them :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#19 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Slashkice: Spirit Camera did suck.

So much for trying to make an AR horror game...

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 turtlethetaffer

@Slashkice: Don't have a PS3... Yet. But if I get one you can bet your ass I'll be downloading them. How do they compare to the Silent Hill series?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Hopefully with co-op :)

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 turtlethetaffer

@Slashkice said:
@turtlethetaffer said:

@Slashkice: Don't have a PS3... Yet. But if I get one you can bet your ass I'll be downloading them. How do they compare to the Silent Hill series?

They're traditional survival-horror games like Silent Hill, but they're a different breed of terror. So gameplay-wise you should feel right at home since you'll be exploring, solving puzzles, and choosing whether to fight/run from enemies while conserving resources like in Silent Hill - the biggest difference is in the combat, which has you using the Camera Obscura to 'shoot' enemies. Tonally, the games are more of a traditional Japanese ghost story opposed to the more psychological angle the Silent Hill series likes to take in its games. I don't think the stories are as good as in Silent Hill (well, the Team Silent games anyway), but they're solid and successful in what they attempt.

Yeah I've heard the Camera Obscura is really cool. Also heard that the stories are really twisted in their own way, at least in the case of the second game.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Nintendo has killed this franchise for me. Haven't brought a single game to the US since they bought the series...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44539 Posts

Fingers crossed they release it outside of Japan. It'd be nice if they also release an anthology of the previous games on the Wii U. Fatal Frame 1 - 3 were great and we never saw Fatal Frame 4 outside of Japan. I'd pay full price if they can get those all onto one disc; should fit, the previous FF games were like 2-3 GB each on the PS2 and the Wii U uses 25GB discs. It'd be great to get updated and enhanced versions on the Wii U with GamePad support.

At the very least (if they should not announce plans to release the older games) they're available on PS3 for download cheap, I got em for $2.99 each on PSN a few weeks back and someone said they got them the other day for $3.99 which was still good, just $12 to play all three downloadable versions of the PS2 games on the PS3.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18250 Posts

Crimson Butterfly is one of my favorite horror games, i really hope they make a new one.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27  Edited By Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
Loading Video...

Looking good. Wow it coming to Japan so soon (Sept). Apperently the fear of getting wet will play a big part in this game (there going to be a lot of damp areas). As for if it coming overseas, it looks like throughout the stream they were acknowledging the western fans, so (hopefully it will actually come to NA this time <.<)...