Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@RyviusARC

@m3dude1 said:

@EducatingU_PCMR:

pc

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_our_pc_videos_of_far_cry_4-16078_en.html

ps4

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_our_ps4_videos_of_far_cry_4-16054_en.html

its pretty damn clear that the massive reduction in temporal stability of the pc version is not due to compression.

again, videos showing how much more jagged and shimmery the pc version is

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@RyviusARC

@m3dude1 said:

@EducatingU_PCMR:

pc

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_our_pc_videos_of_far_cry_4-16078_en.html

ps4

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_our_ps4_videos_of_far_cry_4-16054_en.html

its pretty damn clear that the massive reduction in temporal stability of the pc version is not due to compression.

again, videos showing how much more jagged and shimmery the pc version is

Those videos are not using my specially configured SMAA.

The jagged edges are not noticeable on my version but there is shimmering if I use MSAA but if I use TXAA x4 then it's similar to the shimmer in the PS4 version because both are pretty blurry.

Notice how their screenshot of the PC version has more jagged edges than mine?

There PC screenshot.

http://i1.wp.com/gearnuke.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/far-cry-4-comp-7.png

My screenshot

http://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2014/11/22/FC4-4.jpg

But I don't mind the shimmering as much at 1440p and it allows for more detail to be shown which is not seen on the PS4 mainly due to everything being blurred.

Also I enjoy having a higher FoV, better foilage, sky boxes, draw distance, LOD, ambient occlusion, shadows and fur rendering (upcoming patch).

The PC version has better settings all around while running at a higher resolution and higher fps.

Also I would rather have a crisper image for the trade off of a bit of shimmering on trees compared to a very blurry image with less shimmer.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

At this stage, all issues I had with FC4 during the first day have all disappeared. With the exception of AA which is at SMAA and God rays Off by choice, all other settings are at their highest. No stuttering. No crashes. FC4 runs like FC3 at this stage which is very good.

I'm not sure if it's because of the fix I googled (DisableLoadingMip0="1" GPUMaxBufferedFrames="1") or if Ubisoft has been pushing out fixes silently.

Even my problem with the Shadows limited to High (or else the game freezes) seems to have been resolved.

I played FC4 for six hours last night, mainly clearing out outposts and gaining my first fortress. Then I followed that up with a couple hours of FC3 in Reset Outpost mode. Very satisfying waste of time. ;)

One thing about elephants..... They're such a joy tearing up the Royalists. They're crap against minefields though.....

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154  Edited By Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

the mouse control still feels awful, even when doing minor improvements when aiming in, i almost have to swing my mouse across my mousepad for movement.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 jun_aka_pekto

@Liquid_ said:

the mouse control still feels awful, even when doing minor improvements when aiming in, i almost have to swing my mouse across my mousepad for movement.

When I turn 90 degrees either way, my mouse never moves more than an inch either way. I left it on in Far Cry 3 and finished the game repeatedly without problems. I never even messed with it. It's the same with Far Cry 4. It's a non-factor to me.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#156 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@Basinboy said:

Worse than Day 1 Dark Souls?

not even remotely close to the worst PC port.

That shit is gross on the premise that it was a console game on PC, but shit like Saints Row 2 existed.

Perhaps I only think so because I wanted it to be so much more. Praise unto Durante and his DSfix.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22631 Posts

@jhonMalcovich: "The Fix

Go to Nvidia Control panel and set Power management mode to use prefer maximum performance and changemaximum pre rendered frames to 3.

Boom. Stuttering gone, and i mean it. It's like getting a G SYNC monitor. Not a single hiccup. Not when driving, Not when walking in a town, not when fighting. And if it does slow down it's because my fps is genuinely going down because of the intensity of the scene. Fps average is 67 but rarely if ever does it drop lower than 55. This fixed the weird mouse stutter too. It's a whole new game now. None of the CPU cores EVER reach 100% anymore

BIG UPDATE

IF THE ABOVE DOES NOT WORK, TRY THIS IN ADDITION TO IT:

Open the GamerProfile.xml file with Notepad Find GPUMaxBufferedFrames="0" and change to GPUMaxBufferedFrames="1"

and also DisableLoadingMip0 ="1". You don't have to do this to eliminate the stuttering but it wont eliminate completely, there will be slight micro stutter to the well trained eye. try it."

PC gaming... Ha!

SteXmaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#158  Edited By SteXmaN
Member since 2012 • 550 Posts

How to fix 30 FPS cap on PS4:

Metallic_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#159 Metallic_Blade
Member since 2005 • 565 Posts

I haven't played it yet, but I bet that it runs better than GTA IV. Hell, GTA still ran better than SR 2 could ever do. And SR 2 is post patched mind you.

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#160 elessarGObonzo
Member since 2008 • 2677 Posts

what the hell is this "shimmering" mess i keep reading and not seeing on the vids or screenshots? because the precious ps4 can't do real DX11 lighting they've come up with a fake complaint about the PC version's graphics? the only thing near shimmering i see is the sky's light reflecting off of the leaves and the ground which looks pretty awesome when playing and in the screen captures.

lets come up with some more m3pube1 type bullshit: The sunlight reflects off of my Ferrari's awesome paint too much so a Toyota is better!

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

@Basinboy said:

Worse than Day 1 Dark Souls?

Day 1 Dark Souls wasn't even that bad. It still worked, albeit at a locked 30 FPS and 720p rendering resolution.

Day 1 GTA IV was a whole other level of terrible. To this day it still runs like shit.

day one GTA IV still ran and looked better on lowest settings than console counterparts, if that's not sad I don't know what is

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#162 elessarGObonzo
Member since 2008 • 2677 Posts

@wis3boi: GTA4 with higher settings on PC still looks better than most of the "nex-gen" games.

@princeofshapeir: runs great for me. maybe your setup is just shit

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@elessarGObonzo: if by higher settings you mean mods. Because GTA IV by itself is an ugly game

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

I wonder why pc gamers claim they are the best, they can't even play a low-tech game like FC4.

Whats the point of having a powerful rig if devs won't support it?

(shrugs)

cablemodemx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#165 cablemodemx2
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts

@mikehockbourns said:

I wonder why pc gamers claim they are the best, they can't even play a low-tech game like FC4.

(shrugs)

I cant say as I've really had any problems with Far Cry 4 here.
Some might make such a claim simply for the fact that, as a general rule, the PC version of a multiplat will always be superior to it's console counterpart.
Some might make such a claim because of the vast library of games which are on the PC, as backwards compatibility with older games is generally no more than a few clicks away.

Honestly, I couldn't tell ya from anyone else's perspective, as I'm somewhat of a Manticore myself, already having had a PS4 to go along with my PC, and having just picked up a WiiU as an impulse buy over Christmas. Personally, I game most often on the PC, simply because the multiplats, in general, are superior there, and because of the immensely wide variety of different games which can be played.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 lostrib

@mikehockbourns said:

(shrugs)

devs do support it

quebec946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 quebec946
Member since 2007 • 1607 Posts

i personally think wolfeinstein the new order port is worse thought no one complained about it.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

It runs flawlessly on my computer. 60+ FPS @ 2560x1440 with every setting at max.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 MikeHockbourns

@lostrib said:

@mikehockbourns said:

(shrugs)

devs do support it

as an after-thought, yes.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 lostrib

@mikehockbourns said:

@lostrib said:

@mikehockbourns said:

(shrugs)

devs do support it

nope

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 MikeHockbourns

@lostrib said:

@mikehockbourns said:

@lostrib said:

@mikehockbourns said:

(shrugs)

devs do support it

nope

lol ok. which is why gta 5 isn't on pc yet, which is why red dead redemption isn't on pc after 5 years. which is why Ubi-shit games play like ass on pc.

I don't want to get into an anti-pc bashing thing here because I like pc gaming, but its been atleast 10 years since pc gaming has meant something to me, which is around the time it stopped meaning anything to the industry.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#172  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@mikehockbourns: "Which is why (insert exclusive) isn't on (insert system)."

This thread is a month old btw. Best if we let it die and discuss it somewhere else.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

If Far Cry 4 PC really was that bad a port, I wouldn't be able to finish it (two weeks). I'm sure there were those who found it unplayable on their PC. The game ran okay on mine though. I'm just about to do another round of Reset Outpost.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 lostrib

@mikehockbourns said:

@lostrib said:

@mikehockbourns said:

@lostrib said:

@mikehockbourns said:

(shrugs)

devs do support it

nope

lol ok. which is why gta 5 isn't on pc yet, which is why red dead redemption isn't on pc after 5 years. which is why Ubi-shit games play like ass on pc.

I don't want to get into an anti-pc bashing thing here because I like pc gaming, but its been atleast 10 years since pc gaming has meant something to me, which is around the time it stopped meaning anything to the industry.

So 2 devs. RDR being from a portion of Rockstar that doesn't really even do PC games

And recent ubisoft games have had performance issues across multiple platforms.

Solid work

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@lostrib said:

@mikehockbourns said:

(shrugs)

devs do support it

nope

So 2 devs. RDR being from a portion of Rockstar that doesn't really even do PC games

Solid work

Yep nice work there...... I mean come on, Rockstar games since 2005 on pc hardly never release the same time frame as the consoles. The reason is that they want all the impulse and hyped up consolers to make a mad rush to buy their games within the first month to make back all their money they put into it. PC sales is a steady and long time frame based income. This is mainly why they take their time with the pc versions since its not a priority. Now bringing in Ubisoft as a primary example is hilarious, since 2011 every game across all platforms have had major bugs and or performance issues. The last couple years have been the worse across all platforms. Watchdogs performance to AC:U with graphical and major performance issues. Farcry 4 is probably their best multiplatform game they have released so far that didnt have major issues besides hitching while driving.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 MikeHockbourns

@04dcarraher said:

@lostrib said:

@mikehockbourns said:

(shrugs)

devs do support it

nope

Solid work

Yep nice work there...... I mean come on, Rockstar games since 2005 on pc hardly never release the same time frame as the consoles. The reason is that they want all the impulse and hyped up consolers to make a mad rush to buy their games within the first month to make back all their money they put into it. PC sales is a steady and long time frame based income. This is mainly why they take their time with the pc versions since its not a priority. Now bringing in Ubisoft as a primary example is hilarious, since 2011 every game across all platforms have had major bugs and or performance issues. The last couple years have been the worse across all platforms. Watchdogs performance to AC:U with graphical and major performance issues. Farcry 4 is probably their best multiplatform game they have released so far that didnt have major issues besides hitching while driving.

LOL sure, no they don't release it on pc because 99% of pc games get pirated. They make all of their money on consoles to keep the studio running, and then they appease the whiney crybaby pc gamers who are salivating for a GTA game. No wonder pc hasn't had a proper release in years, everything is crowd-funded, kind of ironic since its the same crowd who pirates studios into bankruptcy.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By 04dcarraher

@mikehockbourns said:

LOL sure, no they don't release it on pc because 99% of pc games get pirated. They make all of their money on consoles to keep the studio running, and then they appease the whiney crybaby pc gamers who are salivating for a GTA game. No wonder pc hasn't had a proper release in years, everything is crowd-funded, kind of ironic since its the same crowd who pirates studios into bankruptcy.

So full of crap you troll, GTA 4 on pc has made a bucket load of money for Rockstar through steam over the years, and the fact is that GTA 5 when it releases will have features and assets none of the consoles have. Also Rockstar's RAGE engine that was used for Maxpayne 3 is the same engine that was used in GTA 5, so we will not see the same state as GTA 4 was when it was released.

Also would like to see real examples of bad ports on pc..... you cant include ones made by Ubosoft, nor ones that also had issues on their console versions. You are not going to find very many.... Vast majority of pc versions of multiplats are not bad.... and even the ones that had issues were patched.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

lol....a bad pc port is still better than the console version.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 MikeHockbourns

@04dcarraher said:

@mikehockbourns said:

So full of crap you troll, GTA 4 on pc has made a bucket load of money for Rockstar through steam over the years, and the fact is that GTA 5 when it releases will have features and assets none of the consoles have. Also Rockstar's RAGE engine that was used for Maxpayne 3 is the same engine that was used in GTA 5, so we will not see the same state as GTA 4 was when it was released.

Also would like to see real examples of bad ports on pc..... you cant include ones made by Ubosoft, nor ones that also had issues on their console versions. You are not going to find very many.... Vast majority of pc versions of multiplats are not bad.... and even the ones that had issues were patched.

sure, a game on a $2,000 rig plays worse than a $400 console.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 04dcarraher

@mikehockbourns said:

you prove the point you have no clue and or just trolling

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

would have to be a rig full of hard discs or something.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 MikeHockbourns

@04dcarraher said:

@mikehockbourns said:

ok whatever man. I don't care anymore. All I know is many pc gamers are saying this right now: "What the ****? How come this console port looks and plays worse on my expensive rig?"

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 04dcarraher

@mikehockbourns said:

ok whatever man. I don't care anymore. All I know is many pc gamers are saying this right now: "What the ****? How come this console port looks and plays worse on my expensive rig?"

lol sure you do.... proof to where they are saying that? and to the point their "expensive rig" actually expensive because of the better hardware or because they dont know what they are doing

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@mikehockbourns said:

@04dcarraher said:

@mikehockbourns said:

Only when someone says "bad port", they mean bad compared to other PC games.

FC4 looks and runs better on PC compared to the Console Version, especially after the fix/patch.

A majority of multiplats are better on PC, as kevinV and digitalfoundry have pointed out. Yes, this includes some of the worst ports ever.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#185 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

£44.99. No thanks.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

Got this game for free with my headset. PC gaming is awesome.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#187  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@elessarGObonzo said:

@wis3boi: GTA4 with higher settings on PC still looks better than most of the "nex-gen" games.

"Great" for my setup (970, i7 3770k @4.2Ghz) is at least 60 FPS max settings at my monitor's native res (1920x1200). That's the minimum I expect for an unmodded 2008 game. But GTA IV still can't hold a consistent 60 FPS even on current hardware. 45-55 FPS most of the time for such an old game = shit optimization.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts
@mikehockbourns said:

@04dcarraher said:

@mikehockbourns said:

Either your eyes or your "expensive rig" must have severe issues.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Personally not had any problems with FC4 at all but then again I didn't have any major bother with AC: Unity either.

The one thing that developers will always struggle on in the PC gaming environment is the variety of potential builds people will want the game to run on. Where problems do occur it can often be a poorly built or maintained system and not entirely the fault of the developer/NVidia/AMD etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that devs aren't perfectly capable of producing bad or poorly written software. Just that a lot of people who complain about bugs, especially CTD and laggy controls, should maybe spend sometime looking at their own kit before blaming others.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 04dcarraher

@princeofshapeir said:

@elessarGObonzo said:

"Great" for my setup (970, i7 3770k @4.2Ghz) is at least 60 FPS max settings at my monitor's native res (1920x1200). That's the minimum I expect for an unmodded 2008 game. But GTA IV still can't hold a consistent 60 FPS even on current hardware. 45-55 FPS most of the time for such an old game = shit optimization.

lol, fact one GTA 4 was rockstar's first pc game from the 360/PS3 era, 2nd rockstar engine used with GTA 5 is same engine used from Maxpayne 3 and that was well done. Also GTA 4 mostly like does not even use that gpu correctly old games tend not to utilize newer hardware.

Denny927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Denny927
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

Wait. I have an option in the menus that removes mouse acceleration. And there are solutions in internet to stuttering.

The Fix

Go to Nvidia Control panel and set Power management mode to use prefer maximum performance and changemaximum pre rendered frames to 3.

Boom. Stuttering gone, and i mean it. It's like getting a G SYNC monitor. Not a single hiccup. Not when driving, Not when walking in a town, not when fighting. And if it does slow down it's because my fps is genuinely going down because of the intensity of the scene. Fps average is 67 but rarely if ever does it drop lower than 55. This fixed the weird mouse stutter too. It's a whole new game now. None of the CPU cores EVER reach 100% anymore

BIG UPDATE

IF THE ABOVE DOES NOT WORK, TRY THIS IN ADDITION TO IT:

Open the GamerProfile.xml file with Notepad Find GPUMaxBufferedFrames="0" and change to GPUMaxBufferedFrames="1"

and also DisableLoadingMip0 ="1". You don't have to do this to eliminate the stuttering but it wont eliminate completely, there will be slight micro stutter to the well trained eye. try it.

this is the best trick, i try this, and boom.....only 2 minutes before having a laggy and stutter party, even looking at the sky, now in the middle of grass where I have the most awful performance, with your trick, is smooth better than a danish fresh and warm butter.....Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#192 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Dunno about then....but bought this game on Steam 2 days ago and it runs quite well on my machine.

i5 760

12GB RAM

GTX 680

Running at 1600x900 on highest settings except shadows on high and no AA. Game looks great at 40-60fps....mostly around 55.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#194 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

I remember this thread from back when I was a kid.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

It speaks volumes that "the worst pc port ever" actually is better on PC than consoles.

Must suck not being able to fix your games.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I've been playing it a lot lately, runs like a champ now. i7 3770k, 16gb ram, geforce 680gtx. Max everything but AA off @1080p.

Only ONE complaint, and that's that 5.1 audio doesn't work. has to be set to stereo, if you use the onboard realtek driver (for optical out) yet it worked on farcry 3. Ah well, pretty game none the less.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#197 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Word Up

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@Netret0120 said:

FFXII

RE4

GTA 4

Those were far worse.

Damn it bro, I just went Google searching like an idiot thinking I somehow missed the news lol.

Guess you meant FFVII then...

Edit: Oh wow, old ass thread is old.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#199 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I seriously doubt that.