Far Cry 3 vs Crysis graphics comparison

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Far Cry 3 looks good but not all the textures are very detailed, particularly the weapons and vehicles.

Both games however get owned by Killzone 3.

Riadon2

You are such a broken record.

You are such an elitist.

#52 Posted by Liquid_ (2789 posts) -

Why would they compare an xbox version of FC3 to a PC version of crysis?

#53 Posted by Wasdie (50003 posts) -

[QUOTE="Riadon2"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Far Cry 3 looks good but not all the textures are very detailed, particularly the weapons and vehicles.

ShadowMoses900

You are such an elitist.

No he's right and you're very very wrong.

#54 Posted by Riadon2 (1609 posts) -

Why would they compare an xbox version of FC3 to a PC version of crysis?

Liquid_

I was wondering the same thing.

#55 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="Riadon2"]

Wasdie

You are such an elitist.

No I'm right and you're both very very wrong.

#56 Posted by Riadon2 (1609 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

You are such an elitist.

ShadowMoses900

No I'm right and you're both very very wrong.

Did I ever tell you...

The definition, of insanity?

#57 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

ShadowMoses900

mlaa_002.jpg.jpg

That looks crappy compared to PC versions of those games.

#58 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (19818 posts) -
[QUOTE="Shenstar75"]crysis on xbox using cryengine 3 vs far cry 3 is a good comparison. i like the way crysis the plants move more realistically when passing them and far cry 3 engine is really good with dynamic fire burning plants. a mixture of both would be great

Nice way to necro a thread. Do you know how forums work?
#59 Posted by KarateeeChop (4652 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Riadon2

aye. if broken records were capable of being blind.

#60 Posted by Jebus213 (8899 posts) -

2pblu.jpg

Riadon2
Why do people continue to use that overused downsampled pic? The game looks nowhere near like that when you're playing it.
#62 Posted by Jebus213 (8899 posts) -

[QUOTE="painguy1"]

lol FarCry3 Will not surpass Crysis. Only BF3 can do that.

JigglyWiggly_

no
bf3 is art style heavily it has very few polies
which is a good thing i need 200fps when i am destroying

etc

Can say that in English?
#63 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23614 posts) -
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

[QUOTE="painguy1"]

lol FarCry3 Will not surpass Crysis. Only BF3 can do that.

Jebus213

no

etc

Can say that in English?

i am amazing*
#64 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16687 posts) -

That picture is way too small to show anything.

Anyway I think Far Cry 3 looks better, because its an open world game and Crysis is not.

#65 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

Anyway I think Far Cry 3 looks better, because its an open world game and Crysis is not.

R4gn4r0k
How does being an open world game make it look better?
#66 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

[QUOTE="Riadon2"]

2pblu.jpg

Jebus213

Why do people continue to use that overused downsampled pic? The game looks nowhere near like that when you're playing it.

Downsampled? That's pretty damn close to an actual resolution someone would be playing in. Looks cropped though. Either way, with the right mods, it totally looks that good (and can look even better) when you're playing it.

Edit: I guess you might mean that the pic was originally rendered at some stupid huge resolution, and downsampled to that. That may be true. But again, it totally can look like that, in motion.

#67 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3853 posts) -

[QUOTE="Riadon2"]

2pblu.jpg

Jebus213

Crysis can look a lot of ways and that image is'nt really any kind of unplayable bullshot.

DCE16CAE57C8C6D925B9B48C3A1503679240F3A6

A0E57B74E3ED233CF430684CF1A8D20D20DDD4BB598DF62CC9CF9DF40958ACED4B2166D0361D409E6FF9E7FD8407FB58E4BB24EEEE739BCF9F6C8C7F

49F293057629EB3715D7657C3EA8444963EBD49621C3ECBED7DA10A8395DCDCA268AEFC4A6FE9AC1B5E16E1F945E3D28EC39D1EC2F185C282EF6DAE7

Crysis is rather flexible in terms of both qualty and taste.

#68 Posted by freedomfreak (41031 posts) -
It looks fairly inconsistent on consoles. Also, AnnoyedDragon posted.
#69 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

Far Cry 3 is bad ass

#70 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16422 posts) -

I already posted this in the PC forum. But, Crysis has some pretty serious warts of its own.

crysis2011122710441513.jpg

farcry32012121200574412.jpg

Crysis does better outdoors though. The outdoors in Crysis are better than the one in Far Cry 3. But, the outdoors in Far Cry 3 aren't that shabby unlike the interiors in the early parts of Crysis which were downright terrible.

You also have to consider the scale. Far Cry 3's world dwarfs Crysis' world. Far Cry 3 is also heavily populated and full of life ranging from people to all sorts of animals. Add day/night cycles and rain/cloudy skies.

crysis2012011908232339.jpg

farcry32012121219372368.jpg

#71 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16687 posts) -

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

Cranler

Because I think a great looking open world game is more impressive than a great looking, more linear game.

That is my opinion though, you don't need to agree with it.

#72 Posted by Jebus213 (8899 posts) -
Edit: I guess you might mean that the pic was originally rendered at some stupid huge resolution, and downsampled to that. That may be true. But again, it totally can look like that, in motion.the_bi99man
Yes, that's what I mean. You can take a screen shot 4x that of your own and downsample it. I did it all the time. If you can get Crysis to look that sharp and clear then by all means prove it to me. Give me the mods and anti-aliasing.
#73 Posted by Jebus213 (8899 posts) -
Crysis can look a lot of ways and that image is'nt really any kind of unplayable bullshot.MlauTheDaft
Yeah, those pics proved absolutely nothing.
#74 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4731 posts) -

Crysis is 5 years old, Engines have come a long way since Crysis, but none the less, Crysis still looks better

Far Cry 3 foliage is mostly static & way less varied compared to Crysis, the Skybox is 2D, the Draw Distance is quite small, there isn't much destruction (if any), Water looks very bad & is quite flat (Shaders are not too good in FC3) however the art style is wonderful, which puts it up there with the best looking games.

#75 Posted by Liquid_ (2789 posts) -

LETS COMPARE XBOX TO PC !!!!

HERP DERPITY DERPA DONG

#76 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

R4gn4r0k

Because I think a great looking open world game is more impressive than a great looking, more linear game.

That is my opinion though, you don't need to agree with it.

Being open world doesnt make a game look better, it could mean the game is better optimized though.
#77 Posted by lostrib (37791 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

no

etc

JigglyWiggly_

Can say that in English?

i am amazing*

are you playing at medium or low to keep your frames that high?

#78 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16687 posts) -

Being open world doesnt make a game look better, it could mean the game is better optimized though. Cranler

Yeah I noticed how what I said can seem confusing. Let me clear it up. Far Cry 3s and Crysis' graphics are pretty close. There is no wrong answer for saying one looks better than the other.

But, I think Far Cry 3's graphics are more impressive because its one huge open world and not levels devided by loading screens. Thats why I choose Far Cry 3 over Crysis.

#79 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16687 posts) -

Crysis is 5 years old, Engines have come a long way since Crysis, but none the less, Crysis still looks better

Far Cry 3 foliage is mostly static & way less varied compared to Crysis, the Skybox is 2D, the Draw Distance is quite small, there isn't much destruction (if any), Water looks very bad & is quite flat (Shaders are not too good in FC3) however the art style is wonderful, which puts it up there with the best looking games.

1354993165188_zps17d7600b.jpg

HaloinventedFPS

If you wanna praise crysis' graphics for their age, use a screenshot of the game vanilla and not modded:

vgiglj.jpg

The foliage doesn't look like that in the vanilla version either and Far Crys grass looks much better:

i4g3s0.jpg

#80 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

"probably medium graphics"

:lol:

How did he know when it's a console version?

Seriously, PC vs. console comparisons are pointless since console versions will always be jaggier, blurrer and has laughable framerate.

#81 Posted by lundy86_4 (43567 posts) -

Tough to say, as I haven't seen FC3 fully maxed on PC. The game looks ridiculously good for a console game, though... So I imagine the PC version is bawlin'.

I'd imagine it looks far better than Crysis vanilla.

BTW, Necro-thread is Necro-thread.

#82 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16687 posts) -

Tough to say, as I haven't seen FC3 fully maxed on PC. The game looks ridiculously good for a console game, though... So I imagine the PC version is bawlin'.

lundy86_4

Lol didn't know this was a nekrothread. But unlike most of those this one is more relevant than ever.

Far Cry 3 is out now and we have a better shot at comparing it to crysis than with a 800 x 310 png :)

edit: oh and yeah. FC3 fully maxed out with DX11 looks absolutely amazing. Many times when playing the game I just had to stop and look around before I could continue playing and blowing stuff up. I hope you get to enjoy it like that too;)

#83 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4731 posts) -

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

R4gn4r0k

Lol didn't know this was a nekrothread. But unlike most of those this one is more relevant than ever.

Far Cry 3 is out now and we have a better shot at comparing it to crysis than with a 800 x 310 png :)

edit: oh and yeah. FC3 fully maxed out with DX11 looks absolutely amazing. Many times when playing the game I just had to stop and look around before I could continue playing and blowing stuff up. I hope you get to enjoy it like that too;)

DX11 has a lower draw distance, DX9 looks better

#84 Posted by lundy86_4 (43567 posts) -

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

R4gn4r0k

Yeah, weirdly so. Whoever bumped this thread, actually put some thought into it lol. That thought ended at "Far Cry 3 just release, and this is about Far Cry 3, duh".

Sounds awesome. I hope so as well. I need to update my PC, but my buddy and I are in the planning stages of launching our business. An offshoot to his brother-in-law's business but completely independant... Which doesn't make much sense. Simply put, it was tested with his business, but he doesn't want a part as he's too busy :P Thus, money isn't exactly flowing... Especially with school and bills.

#85 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16687 posts) -

HaloinventedFPS

How much lower ?

I was still able to see really far. Blew up an entire camp with an RPG from a radiotower some 500+ meters away.

#86 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16687 posts) -

Yeah, weirdly so. Whoever bumped this thread, actually put some thought into it lol. That thought ended at "Far Cry 3 just release, and this is about Far Cry 3, duh".

Sounds awesome. I hope so as well. I need to update my PC, but my buddy and I are in the planning stages of launching our business. An offshoot to his brother-in-law's business but completely independant... Which doesn't make much sense. Simply put, it was tested with his business, but he doesn't want a part as he's too busy :P Thus, money isn't exactly flowing... Especially with school and bills.

lundy86_4

Thats a nice plan you have, I wish you the best of luck with that. But I'm guessing that running a business will severly cut down on your free time, gaming time :P

What settings would your current PC run Far Cry on ?

#87 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

HaloinventedFPS

DX11 looks much better than DX9, so I hope you're joking! Check this out.

71710628.jpg

Regarding the draw distance, have you got any source to back up what you said?

#88 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

"probably medium graphics"

:lol:

How did he know when it's a console version?

Seriously, PC vs. console comparisons are pointless since console versions will always be jaggier, blurrer and has laughable framerate.

GamerwillzPS

You came back!:o

#89 Posted by lundy86_4 (43567 posts) -

Thats a nice plan you have, I wish you the best of luck with that. But I'm guessing that running a business will severly cut down on your free time, gaming time :P

What settings would your current PC run Far Cry on ?

R4gn4r0k

Oh, it's gonna cut it down a lot lol. At least until I can hire enough workers to limit my time on the road... It also doesnb't help that my current boss has an upcoming TV show that we're currenty filming.

It could probably run it on the Main Menu :P Couldn't tell ya. It's an old e8400 and 4870... Mostly used as a HTPC these days.

#90 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16687 posts) -

Oh, it's gonna cut it down a lot lol. At least until I can hire enough workers to limit my time on the road... It also doesnb't help that my current boss has an upcoming TV show that we're currenty filming.

It could probably run it on the Main Menu :P Couldn't tell ya. It's an old e8400 and 4870... Mostly used as a HTPC these days.

lundy86_4

So you already have a lack of time ? That's good because then you won't have to adjust much ^^

Even if it'll take a while before you get to play Far Cry 3 maxed out, I think you'll still be impressed by it. Heck, I only played Crysis maxed out for the first time this year. I had already finished it a few times before but was still amazed by how good it looked.

#91 Posted by 15strong (2806 posts) -

[QUOTE="HaloinventedFPS"]

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

GamerwillzPS

71710628.jpg

I have never seen a stone roadway look like that. The flat one looks more realistic.

#92 Posted by lundy86_4 (43567 posts) -

I have never seen a stone roadway look like that. The flat one looks more realistic.

15strong

You've never seen a cobble road? That image is more for an example than actual practicality.

#93 Posted by lundy86_4 (43567 posts) -

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

R4gn4r0k

So you already have a lack of time ? That's good because then you won't have to adjust much ^^

Even if it'll take a while before you get to play Far Cry 3 maxed out, I think you'll still be impressed by it. Heck, I only played Crysis maxed out for the first time this year. I had already finished it a few times before but was still amazed by how good it looked.

Shockingly, I still have a fair amount of time. Filming is done during the work day, for the most part.

Crysis still looks pretty beast. I'm hoping to build a new PC in the new year... Hopefully mid-way. Hell, waiting for mods is also a plus.

#94 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16687 posts) -

crysis on xbox using cryengine 3 vs far cry 3 is a good comparison. i like the way crysis the plants move more realistically when passing them and far cry 3 engine is really good with dynamic fire burning plants. a mixture of both would be greatShenstar75

Yeah only a few plants or leaves in Far Cry 3 move because you pass through them, that is indeed something Crysis does better.

#95 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="HaloinventedFPS"]

15strong

71710628.jpg

This picture is used to demonstrate DX11's impressive capabilities.

#96 Posted by 15strong (2806 posts) -

[QUOTE="15strong"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

71710628.jpg

GamerwillzPS

This picture is used to demonstrate DX11's impressive capabilities.

I got that. But man would I not want to walk on that road. Break both ankles. Not the best example.

#97 Posted by lundy86_4 (43567 posts) -

I got that. But man would I not want to walk on that road. Break both ankles. Not the best example.

15strong

It's an example of the tech, not the road. Why would anybody want to walk on that road? :P