Far Cry 3 demo: console (Xbox 360) footage, or pc?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ChiefFreeman (5524 posts) -

Far Cry 3 looks amazing, but I wish I knew if that demo was running on an Xbox 360, or on a pc, with perhaps console settings. The game looked impressive, especialy the environments, which completele blew FC 2's out of the water. Anyone get any confirmation what the demo was running on?

#2 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

I'm going to wager it was running on Project Café.

The button prompts had 360 buttons but of course most Nintendo consoles use similar buttons as far as I remember, e.g. A, X, etc.

#3 Posted by Twin-Blade (6795 posts) -

Hopefully 360, it looked great.

#4 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

Hopefully 360, it looked great.

Twin-Blade

Doubt it. At the very least I'd say it's a PC running "360 configs".

Don't think the 360 would be capable of all that, it looked far too complicated.

#5 Posted by EliteM0nk3y (3382 posts) -
All I know is that he was using a 360 controller, but he could have just of had it connected to a PC.
#6 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -
If it was running own 360 it looks good but if that was on pc meh. Shadows, character models and aliasing need work. But like someone else has said probably pc at 360 spec.
#7 Posted by DreamCryotank (1829 posts) -
It looks good but nothing amazing imo. Definately console.
#8 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

360 for sure. Other then the buttons, the graphics looked amazing, but not like "running on maximum on the most expensive PC they could find" amazing like BF3 did.

#9 Posted by AugustusGraham (343 posts) -

The button prompts had 360 buttons but of course most Nintendo consoles use similar buttons as far as I remember, e.g. A, X, etc.

balfe1990

It was Cafe. Look at the prompts and tell me its not. That is how nintendo does it.

#10 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15587 posts) -
Maybe Nintendo's new console considering that the buttons that appeared on screen looked like Nintendo buttons.
#11 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15587 posts) -
All I know is that he was using a 360 controller, but he could have just of had it connected to a PC.EliteM0nk3y
Those guys who stand on stage aren't even actually playing the game.
#12 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (2904 posts) -
[QUOTE="EliteM0nk3y"]All I know is that he was using a 360 controller, but he could have just of had it connected to a PC.SAGE_OF_FIRE

the MW3 demo at MS conference had a controller disconnect moment, and last year Nintendo had major trouble demoing Zelda. I think they do really play the game.
#13 Posted by Wasdie (50003 posts) -

That was console footage. Looked great.

#14 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"][QUOTE="EliteM0nk3y"]All I know is that he was using a 360 controller, but he could have just of had it connected to a PC.APiranhaAteMyVa

the MW3 demo at MS conference had a controller disconnect moment, and last year Nintendo had major trouble demoing Zelda. I think they do really play the game.

Yeah from what I hear Live demos are required so as not to trick the audience through some sort of trickery... or something.

To prevent glitches though, ND actually had two guys playing the Uncharted 2 demo live, one backstage following along. If something happened, they would just switch views and the audience would be none the wiser (plus it still counts as a live demo).

#15 Posted by ChiefFreeman (5524 posts) -

That was console footage. Looked great.

Wasdie

great! It did look fantastic. The character models (other than Insanity Man) weren't that great, though. But the environments and weapon models made up for it.

#16 Posted by painguy1 (8686 posts) -

360 footage

#17 Posted by zeta (1189 posts) -

Stop saying 360 version. It's not, alright? You know if it was, the buttons would be color coded. Obviously it's not if you pay attention (and not that closely because it's so obvious.) to the button prompts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuseKGafCvo

#18 Posted by donalbane (16363 posts) -

balfe1990

Consider that wager lost, my friend. Apparently none of the multiplats nintendo showed were running on Wii U.

#19 Posted by dakan45 (18621 posts) -
Far cry 2 on pc CLEARLY looks better arleady. Seeing how you guys say that far cry 3 and skyrim look amazing, makes me wonder if you really are the same people that bash cod for looking for a 2005 game or something or if thats some pc elitists that want the best graphics ever.
#20 Posted by 2saugat (1439 posts) -

I would not be suprised if thats project cafe but pc its meh..

#21 Posted by agpickle (3293 posts) -

That was definitely console, FC2 on PC looks better than that.

#22 Posted by Inconsistancy (8091 posts) -
Well, there was a ton of screen tearing so, I'd say console.
#23 Posted by Fizzman (9882 posts) -

Which disease will theprotagonist get this time every 30 seconds? They did Malaria.

#24 Posted by slvrraven9 (9239 posts) -
damn, that looks good. but its obviously wii-u, and yes i believe the 360 can do environments like that. i dont know why you all are talking about it like its a ps2 or something. this system brough us gears and alan wake and forza 4 and battlefield....crysis, farcry 2 and 1...........give it some credit. sheeeez....
#25 Posted by slvrraven9 (9239 posts) -
also referring to the ps2.....you do know that it took devs nearly 10 years to max that console out. same instance for current gen?? (minus the wii)
#26 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21805 posts) -

Which disease will theprotagonist get this time every 30 seconds? They did Malaria.

Fizzman
That made me lol, probaply aids.
#27 Posted by glez13 (8876 posts) -

Probably consoles since the framerate was dipping consistently in the intense parts and the screen tearing was considerable. If it was PC it was a poor early demonstration.

I think the guy said it was PC right now on the GS live stage, but not sure because of the damn buffering.:x

#28 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
not sure.. i assume it was 360 footage as it didnt look great consistently (though i did see it via youtube so..)
#29 Posted by Dante2710 (63140 posts) -
Looked like 360 footage.
#30 Posted by Zensword (3885 posts) -

FC3 looks great, can't wait .

#31 Posted by ChiefFreeman (5524 posts) -

FC3 looks great, can't wait .

Zensword

agreed.

#32 Posted by dakan45 (18621 posts) -
[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

TheGuardian03
That made me lol, probaply aids.

I bet its insanity, considering the setting of the game and all.
#33 Posted by zeta (1189 posts) -

Stop saying 360 version. It's not, alright? You know if it was, the buttons would be color coded. Obviously it's not if you pay attention (and not that closely because it's so obvious.) to the button prompts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuseKGafCvo

zeta

Again!

Furthermore:

wiiu

oops

#34 Posted by ocidax (765 posts) -

Ubisoft is going to show AC too and have Ghost Recon Online in the show floor, also in the far cry video the camara part fit perfectly with the wii u controller.

#35 Posted by silversix_ (14810 posts) -
FC2 was so bad (one my worst game purchases EVER) that i cannot hype the 3rd one. Shadows were pretty bad in FC3 demo btw.
#36 Posted by PC_Otter (1623 posts) -

The Stream showed what looked to be a PS3 controller in the player's hand as it was black, but there are black 360 controllers, which of course, can be used on the PC. It wouldn't be the first time a PC version was shown off using a controller in order to disguise it.

#37 Posted by ocidax (765 posts) -

The Stream showed what looked to be a PS3 controller in the player's hand as it was black, but there are black 360 controllers, which of course, can be used on the PC. It wouldn't be the first time a PC version was shown off using a controller in order to disguise it.

PC_Otter
Also, can be the Dev kit of the Wii U, looks like Ubi is working hard on the Wii u
#38 Posted by -Unreal- (24544 posts) -

You people thought it looked good? I thought it looked bad. The lighting was just rubbish. The engine looks like the Cryengine they're using. Looks similar to Crysis on lower settings.

#39 Posted by dakan45 (18621 posts) -

You people thought it looked good? I thought it looked bad. The lighting was just rubbish. The engine looks like the Cryengine they're using. Looks similar to Crysis on lower settings.

-Unreal-
More like far cry insticts :P