Fallout 4 mods on console will be inferior CONFIRMED by Bethesda Developer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

No script extender or enb can work on console which is a bare minimum for many good mods. Modding tools can only be used on PC. Bethesda has to improve of the content so yeah nuff said on that lol. Maybe a few paint job here and there but don't expect anything like project Nevada. I find it funny how the console community are so clueless on how the way these mods operate. Maybe some pro modder and people who know a thing or two about computers could save it. Oh waut maybe not.

EDIT:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/11/all-mod-consoles-what-console-mods-means-for-the-f.html

“[Fallout 4 Script Extender] for consoles is almost certainly out of the question,” says Stephen Abel, a member of the team behind script extenders for the last three major Bethesda RPGs. “Due to the more restrictive nature of the console environment, both in terms of code and the platform owners, I don’t see any possibility of modifications that introduce new code onto the consoles.”

That means a huge portion of good mods are out of the question.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

didn't we pretty much already have this thread?

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#3 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

@lostrib: If you remember the link to the other topic I can go ahead and lock this thread. There's a lot of Fallout 4 threads already.

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ABtoxin
Member since 2014 • 438 Posts

Modding tools only on PC was a given sign

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

I remember a time when modders actually made story content, dungeons, maps etc instead of combat mods and other shit that require the script extenders.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

No one expected any decent mods to go to consoles.

I mean the game already runs at 20 fps on low , hell xbone gets to 0 fps...**** cinematic it's fucking portrait experience.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#8 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

They'll pick a few mods, or package a collection. I don't see any that break the vision though (e.g. new dialogue option)

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DeathLordCrime

A developer just said script extender will not work on console that means in inferior

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Hey at least you will be able to change the color of what you're wearing, that's a huge plus

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

That was pretty much obvious without any confirmation.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DeathLordCrime

@silversix_:

What about dem hair and eyes

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

I been hearing some people saying online console will get all the mods that pc has. People sure have high hopes don't they.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

No shit.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50595 Posts

No fucking shit

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ABtoxin
Member since 2014 • 438 Posts

This was a given I notice some people were very optimistic as if they will get the full pc experience.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

HAHAHAHAHA stpuid butthurt hermins we all no this is jest a ploy to apeas pc bassment dwelers........j

off course they wont tell pc gamers the truth becuze they cant handle the truth like jeck nickleson and in the end the console verzon will have best happy long time mods becuz tod howwerd will persinally test and play and aprove and optomize each mod with bethisda seal of quantilty.

pc looser race beta testing for console royal kiings yet agin!!!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Well PS4 was reviewed at AAA 9.0 Editors Choice award, did PC get 10/10?

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Without mods Bethesda games are dog shit.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

HAHAHAHAHA stpuid butthurt hermins we all no this is jest a ploy to apeas pc bassment dwelers........j

off course they wont tell pc gamers the truth becuze they cant handle the truth like jeck nickleson and in the end the console verzon will have best happy long time mods becuz tod howwerd will persinally test and play and aprove and optomize each mod with bethisda seal of quantilty.

Calm down, buddy.

Take a rest.

It's okay.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Wow you took the initiative.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

i just want more interiors out in the commonwealth, is that possible?

yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By yanni1
Member since 2004 • 1067 Posts

Yeah this is no surprise really.

I still don't understand how this whole thing will work on consoles, don't all updates need to be approved/verified by ms & sony? So much shit can go wrong with mods too, but thankfully it's easy to tweak on pc.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

@acp_45 said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

Calm down, buddy.

Take a rest.

It's okay.

@anthonyautumns said:

Can't blame me for trying bro.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#26  Edited By Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

@deathlordcrime: except the connotation of the word inferior means its weak without cause incomparison to pc. That's what it implies.

There's a good reason why an Xbox one wouldn't be able to use mods like a pc would.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#27 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

It was obvious since the beginning. But I hope they will get extra missions, weapons, enemies etc that modders make. Those things are really good. On PC, modders have already fixed lazy dialogue system, so these quick fixes also help. Of course for better graphics you require better hardware (no magic or witchcraft) and since Consoles have static hardware, they won't get graphics mods and stuff.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@deathlordcrime: While Script Extenders are awesome and do make way for some awesome mods, the amount of mods that required the SE has been a tiny percentage compared to those that didn't. As for ENBs, i doubt the consoles could handle any fidelity enhancing enbs so it doesn't really matter if they aren't allowed.

Don't get me wrong, it's 100% that modding will be gimped on consoles but not really for those two reasons listed above.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

only mods that matter are the nude mods and consolites can't get those either.....

As for ENB there is currently no DX11 version planned.The only thing that you can use for now is Reshade and SweetFX which imo produce great results,better than ENB in some aspects.(no super amounts of Bloom for example or shitty DOFs that blur everything)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@acp_45 said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

Calm down, buddy.

Take a rest.

It's okay.

@anthonyautumns said:

Can't blame me for trying bro.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

My personal fave.

Loading Video...

UltimateImp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#33 UltimateImp
Member since 2015 • 1192 Posts

No shit, lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56232 Posts

I can see several ways this could be wonderful and at least a few in which it's utterly terrible.

The good:

Gameplay, bugfix, tweak, UV fix and other 'utility' mods will be available to people who could really benefit from them.

Extra companions, new locations and other such ideas are now on the table but this means that, even on consoles, Bethesda will now be competing with mod makers who can get away with just about anything design wise, knowing they don't have to worry if a particular target demographic doesn't like it.

Someone could create a 'mod' which consists of optimized base game .dds drawn from max res PC versions of textures downsampled using Lanczos or Sinc filter sampling to produce something that looks almost as good at a fraction of the processing power/memory needs. Inject SMAA could produce AA almost as good as MSAA while using far less video memory and processing power.

The Bad:

This could affect mod development for the worse. Any obligation to consider the limitations of consoles in designing mods most likely means active system-oriented stuff like survival features or dynamic weather will either be off the table for console users or have to be modified for them.

The Terrible:

Heavy mod setups require, and will continue to require, a bevy of third party tools (xEdit, LOOT, a Mod Manager, Wrye, DDSOpt, Script Extender) to not only work well but to work at all. I can easily imagine things like xEdit tools cleaning masters and plugins (an absolutely necessary step to heavy modding) and creating merge patches to require some outside help. Basically, someone on the PC would have to prepare a kind of omnibus of all the mods a console user wanted to use, especially optimized .dds files, and then somehow transfer them to the console. It would be an ungainly process and it's unlikely it could ever take off.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

Well...yeah.

Of course

It'll mostly be cheat mods like 10x carrying weight, the ability to have 3 or 4 companions follow you instead of just one, etc.

Anyone who though that the extensive mods like overhauled lighting effects, 4k character models, animation overhauls, etc would be coming to consoles is a dildo.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

I don't care what mods come as long as they prove successful. It's a big step for consoles to have mods the last thing this needs are people putting it down I'll support it in hopes that mods become a permanent feature in future consoles.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Why would console users want mods? They want the "original" form of the game that Bethesda "intended".