Face off Dark Souls 2.

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13636 Posts

@tormentos said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Oh so the 'faster frame rate' isn't a big deal like the statement said? I mean if if Bloodbourne and the others are 30fps, that must be fine right?

No one say that you are spinning the fact that DS2 aims for 60FPS to claim BB need to be also 60FPS,DS2 is a l;ast gen game speed up to 60FPS BB is a next gen game.

lol I'm not spinning anything... No need.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@Snugenz: The mods look worse then the DX11 and PS4 version. Unless they add more mods to the DX11 version which haven't even been done yet.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

DkS2 pvp was certainly better because i could actually invade...

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Bored to tears with seeing people arguing over 1080p and 60 frames per second. The standard is completely outdated and already long surpassed.

It's a real shame that the shitty new consoles are stuck in the past and can't even consistently achieve targets set long before they released, even with games designed for the last generation.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

Bored to tears with seeing people arguing over 1080p and 60 frames per second. The standard is completely outdated and already long surpassed.

It's a real shame that the shitty new consoles are stuck in the past and can't even consistently achieve targets set long before they released, even with games designed for the last generation.

The standard on PC is 1080p just because some can go higher doesn't mean it is a standard you can buy a 4k TV now doesn't mean is the standard on TV or close to.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#106 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

LMAO @XposBone what a fail

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By GarGx1

@tormentos said:

@GarGx1 said:

The standard on PC is 1080p just because some can go higher doesn't mean it is a standard you can buy a 4k TV now doesn't mean is the standard on TV or close to.

Still doesn't mean it hasn't been long surpassed and the new consoles can't achieve it. Nor does it make anymore interesting to discuss.

PS4 and Xbox One can't do it with modern graphic expectations and they are not going to achieve it either. This is the only reason it's still seen as a standard to be achieved. PC gaming is well on it's way to 1440p and then 4k. 1080p will still remain an option, as is 1024 x 768 but it is old news now.

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#108  Edited By 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts

Still looks like a ten year old game. Kind of embarrassing.

cantloginnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 cantloginnow
Member since 2013 • 381 Posts

So it looks the same...nice.

I really like the "stutters along at 50fps"I laughed.Thats trying hard,sounds like a Cow.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

LOL.

Has anyone here played this? The improved lighting is so cheap. When you light up a torch everything outside of it's lighting radius is further obscured, even when you go outside, unless it's a particular bug in the forest. The only good thing about it is that now rooms that don't have any windows are really obscure and usually the only light source is that of items or your own torch or spell.

Also, at least on the forest, you get like two times the weak enemy mobs and they will follow you long distances and almost everywhere withing that distance. They can climb ladders and do small jumps, they can even sandwich you in a ladder if you climb a ladder with an enemy close to the top and enemies are following you. The worst part is that mobs are super aggressive and they will slash more frequently and if they are really close to each other all at the same time so you basically can die in "one attack" since you will be receiving like five blows in like a second.

Other than that nothing extraordinary, stronger enemies seems to just be placed in different places so their overall numbers don't seem to change that much, and a few extra additions like one of those huge hipos and a knight so far in the forest. Lizard locations are changed and also weapons. So far I found a good whip and lance in the forest, even thought you will probably won't be able to use them properly since they were originally for later in the game.

Almost forgot new invasion npc's and locations.

In few words it's a game Lulu_Lulu would love.

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Captainqwark10
Member since 2011 • 1170 Posts

It's 2015, both consoles on the second year, they can't get a game to run at 60fps. More taxing game comes out before on both systems, can run at 60fps most of the time if not all.

hngghhhhh (lol)

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 tormentos

@GarGx1 said:

Still doesn't mean it hasn't been long surpassed and the new consoles can't achieve it. Nor does it make anymore interesting to discuss.

PS4 and Xbox One can't do it with modern graphic expectations and they are not going to achieve it either. This is the only reason it's still seen as a standard to be achieved. PC gaming is well on it's way to 1440p and then 4k. 1080p will still remain an option, as is 1024 x 768 but it is old news now.

I didn't challenge the notion that it was surpassed i challenge the notion that 1080p wasn't the standard.

Most PC out there are on 1080p and most don't even have a GPU as powerful as the PS4 there is to much segregation still.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@tormentos said:

@GarGx1 said:

I didn't challenge the notion that it was surpassed i challenge the notion that 1080p wasn't the standard.

Most PC out there are on 1080p and most don't even have a GPU as powerful as the PS4 there is to much segregation still.

i have an i7 processor an my computer ie around 3 years old now and back then this computer was only around 900 bux

bro its over for the ps4 that cpu is old as hell i bought my 3 years ago and near the price of the ps4 plus game and online

the war is over tormentos

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ProtossX: somehow I don't believe you

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By GarGx1

@tormentos said:

@GarGx1 said:

Nor did I. Allow me to quote myself

"The standard is completely outdated and already long surpassed"

Where do I state it's not a standard? To the point that I even used the word "standard".

If you want to generalise PC's then, no most don't have a GPU as powerful as a PS4, after all there are in excess of 2 billion PC's in use today. However if you look at the gaming demographic, estimated at 200+ million people (or a mere 10% of PC's in use) then there are far more PC's being used to game with higher system spec's than there are PS4's in existence or will likely ever be sold.

There is a reason why PC's gaming revenue is outstripping consoles in terms of both software and hardware.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Is it actually worth the purchase on PC?

I don't like the concept of double-dipping like this. I might just wait for a steam sale.

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

@daious: hell no. Stop giving these people money. They are getting lazy, dark souls 3 will be f2p with micro transactions at this rate. Demons Souls, legendary. Dark souls 1, metroidvania brilliance. Dark Souls 2, meh. Bloodborne, loading screens the game.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Daious

@ProtossX said:

@tormentos said:

@GarGx1 said:

i have an i7 processor an my computer ie around 3 years old now and back then this computer was only around 900 bux

bro its over for the ps4 that cpu is old as hell i bought my 3 years ago and near the price of the ps4 plus game and online

The xeon processors that are like 5 years olds and on sale on ebay for 50-75 dollars are way stonger than the ps4. AMD was the lowest bidder.

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#120 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

yes ive noticed the weapons degrade very quick. i just put it down to increased difficulty.. not down to a cheated fps.. real stupid they did that.. the game does play better at 60fps but they need to fix the weapon degrade thing..

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Daious

@rabakill said:

@daious: hell no. Stop giving these people money. They are getting lazy, dark souls 3 will be f2p with micro transactions at this rate. Demons Souls, legendary. Dark souls 1, metroidvania brilliance. Dark Souls 2, meh. Bloodborne, loading screens the game.

My intentions are to wait for it to be like a 10 dollar steam game.

I look forward to a new game from From Software though. I enjoyed bloodborne but I want to play another souls game on PC.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 tormentos

@GarGx1 said:

Where do I state it's not a standard? To the point that I even used the word "standard".

If you want to generalise PC's then, no most don't have a GPU as powerful as a PS4, after all there are in excess of 2 billion PC's in use today. However if you look at the gaming demographic, estimated at 200+ million people (or a mere 10% of PC's in use) then there are far more PC's being used to game with higher system spec's than there are PS4's in existence or will likely ever be sold.

There is a reason why PC's gaming revenue is outstripping consoles in terms of both software and hardware.

Is 1080p standard is outdated what is the standard.? Don't spin it bro you were clear.

Maybe you need to come to term on what the word outdated means.

No dude most gaming PC don't have a GPU as powerful as the PS4,reason why the standards is 1080p on PC even a 7750 can pull that at low quality.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I bet my DX9 version looks better than this supposed to be "improved edition"

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By GarGx1

@tormentos said:

@GarGx1 said:

Is 1080p standard is outdated what is the standard.? Don't spin it bro you were clear.

Maybe you need to come to term on what the word outdated means.

No dude most gaming PC don't have a GPU as powerful as the PS4,reason why the standards is 1080p on PC even a 7750 can pull that at low quality.

Being outdated does not mean that it has been replaced. The internal combustion engine is outdated but we still haven't replaced it with better technology, although plenty of options exist.

I'm not confusing the meaning of outdated, the only reason it's still seen as something to achieve is because this gens consoles are cheap shite.

I'm guessing your going off Steam survey stats for your presumption. Where I'm saying 10% of PC's in use today are more powerful, the limited Steam survey suggests it's far higher with 22.93% as more powerful and another 15.89% listed as 'other'. These cards listed as 'other' include HD7990, R9 280, R9 290, R9 295, GTX 590, GTX 690, GTX 980 and all Titans models. In fact the 'other' listing tends to be new graphics cards not included previously.

From that it's fairly easy to, conservatively, assume (and it is an assumption without real data on the 'other' cards) that roughly 27% of gpu's used by people with Steam accounts are more powerful than the PS4. So 27% of 125 million (February 2015) is 33,750,000 or around 11 million more than there are PS4's being used. Even if you completely ignore the 'other' cards and go with the 22.93% that's 28,662,500 or 4.6 million more than the amount of PS4's sold. That's just from Steam alone and does not take into account some enormous demographics such as China.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@Couth_ said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@Couth_ said:

TFW "next gen" consoles can't handle last gen games at 60faps

Not only is it 60fps it looks better then the last gen version and even the PC version in every way.

"The Forest of Fallen Giants area is a good example, where a barrage of enemies causes a read-out of between 40-50fps on Xbox One, while PS4 operates within the 50-60fps range"

"Sony's machine does not produce a perfect 60fps of course, but it is a consistently better performer "

IDK if you know, but the PC version got this version too and it even got it first. It came out yesterday. What's more you don't have to pay full price, you can simply upgrade your old version on steam. Lastly it's capable of a true 60faps and a much higher resolution

It's a good deal for those of us who neer bought the DLC :) It's the same price as the season pass.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#126  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

no it's not. 1080p TVs are still very much the standard. sure, you can go 4K on PC, but 1080p is far more common.

but yes, i do agree that these new consoles should have been beefy enough to handle everything in 1080p@60fps. but they are not.

then again, i can't run all games in 1080p@60fps even with GTX 970. most games, but not all of them.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 tormentos

@GarGx1 said:

Being outdated does not mean that it has been replaced. The internal combustion engine is outdated but we still haven't replaced it with better technology, although plenty of options exist.

I'm not confusing the meaning of outdated, the only reason it's still seen as something to achieve is because this gens consoles are cheap shite.

I'm guessing your going off Steam survey stats for your presumption. Where I'm saying 10% of PC's in use today are more powerful, the limited Steam survey suggests it's far higher with 22.93% as more powerful and another 15.89% listed as 'other'. These cards listed as 'other' include HD7990, R9 280, R9 290, R9 295, GTX 590, GTX 690, GTX 980 and all Titans models. In fact the 'other' listing tends to be new graphics cards not included previously.

From that it's fairly easy to, conservatively, assume (and it is an assumption without real data on the 'other' cards) that roughly 27% of gpu's used by people with Steam accounts are more powerful than the PS4. So 27% of 125 million (February 2015) is 33,750,000 or around 11 million more than there are PS4's being used. Even if you completely ignore the 'other' cards and go with the 22.93% that's 28,662,500 or 4.6 million more than the amount of PS4's sold. That's just from Steam alone and does not take into account some enormous demographics such as China.

You say outdated standard period more clear than that you can't be so what is the up to date standard.?

It doesn't matter than more than the PS4 numbers are stronger,stronger cards than what the PS4 has,had been on sales since late 2009 early 2010,like the 590 which was ultra expensive on those days,the PS4 is not even 2 years and already is over 20 million.

Those stronger cards are been sold since early 2010 late 2009 in some models,so if the hay 11 million more than the PS4 that is a total failure that adoption rate is slower than the xbox one is,33 million when they have been selling since late 2009 in some models is total shit adoption rate and actually make my point stronger.

Also that doesn't change the FACT that the majority of gamers don't own a GPU as powerful as the PS4 when GPU stronger exist since late 2009 that is a horrible rate of adoption.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By GarGx1

@groowagon: Turn the settings on your games down to medium with some settings at high (PS4 equivalent), switch off Vsync and then have a look at your frame rates on any game. Even Star Citizen will give you over 70 frames per second at 1080p on a GTX 970. You could run a lot of games at 4k and still get 30+ Frames per second.

@tormentos said:
@GarGx1 said:

You say outdated standard period more clear than that you can't be so what is the up to date standard.?

It doesn't matter than more than the PS4 numbers are stronger,stronger cards than what the PS4 has,had been on sales since late 2009 early 2010,like the 590 which was ultra expensive on those days,the PS4 is not even 2 years and already is over 20 million.

Those stronger cards are been sold since early 2010 late 2009 in some models,so if the hay 11 million more than the PS4 that is a total failure that adoption rate is slower than the xbox one is,33 million when they have been selling since late 2009 in some models is total shit adoption rate and actually make my point stronger.

Also that doesn't change the FACT that the majority of gamers don't own a GPU as powerful as the PS4 when GPU stronger exist since late 2009 that is a horrible rate of adoption.

A standard is a benchmark, it can easily be outdated and superseded without it actually being changed to a new standard. It's a minimum that other things in the same market are based on and expected to reach. 1080p and 60 fps is an old standard long ago surpassed. 4K will be affordable within the next 3 or so years for PC gaming and will become the new benchmark standard. Until then a large proportion of PC gamers have already switched or are switching to 1440p and even 4k.

What the blazes are blethering about? The GTX 590 (the oldest of the 'other' cards I mentioned) was released in March 2011. I can buy a GTX 590 for £100 today, it's not exactly expensive anymore, regardless of the £700 price tag on release. The only cards that are individually listed that I took into account for a percentage total are 7850 and after (released March 2012). If anything it proves just how low end the hardware incorporated within these new consoles actually is.

In addition to the Steam survey not being definitive and to refute your assumption of poor up take rates of video cards

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/nvidia-ten-million-gamers-around-the-world-bought-into-the-gtx680-class-of-gpus/

That's one card series over one year. Again you may wish to re-evaluate your comment on uptake rates.

You're also confusing PC gamers with PC owners, a Steam account does not make someone a gamer by default. Even my wife has a Steam account (although her PC is substantially more powerful than she actually needs it to be), she never plays anything more than browser games and would never consider herself to be a 'gamer'.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29822 Posts

@ProtossX said:

@tormentos said:

@GarGx1 said:

Post a pic of your rig, fakeboy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#130 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

@groowagon: Turn the settings on your games down to medium with some settings at high (PS4 equivalent), switch off Vsync and then have a look at your frame rates on any game. Even Star Citizen will give you over 70 frames per second at 1080p on a GTX 970. You could run a lot of games at 4k and still get 30+ Frames per second.

1080p @ high setting > 4K @ medium settings

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 GarGx1

@groowagon:

I'd actually say frame rates are far more important than eye candy, especially in online player v player games.

However the option to have both is far better.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos: No, Stupid, you are owning yourself. I even gave you an "out" two weeks ago, and you still stood your ground with you
"zero performance difference".

You are self owning, and it's pretty funny to read.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@tormentos said:

As a starting point, both consoles get the basics right. There are no drawbacks on the resolution front: this is a true 1920x1080 game on PS4, and a pixel count reveals it's the very same situation on Xbox One, with both backed by FXAA anti-aliasing. It's an interesting result given the console's trend of adopting lower native resolutions than PS4 to secure a smooth frame-rate, or to achieve parity in graphical features. However, Dark Souls 2's lock at 1080p plants it in the upper echelons of multi-format releases so far, at least in terms of visuals.

Xbox One pays a persistent price for matching the PS4's visual standard. Both formats target 60fps and engage v-sync at all times, but Microsoft's platform suffers the greater drops between the two in each scene of our frame-rate analysis. The Forest of Fallen Giants area is a good example, where a barrage of enemies causes a read-out of between 40-50fps on Xbox One, while PS4 operates within the 50-60fps range. Even while uncontested beneath the giant, arching trees of Things Betwixt, a regular margin of 10fps exists between the two - PS4 operating at a near perfect 60fps, while Xbox stutters along at 50fps.

Unfortunately this has the knock-on effect of making combat sluggish on Xbox One. In one example, an encounter with The Last Giant boss gives us our lowest drop, a record tumble to 36fps cued by a batch of floating souls. The PS4 goes entirely unruffled by the effect here, and it's fair to say the smoother controller response makes it easier to tackle a lingering knight after this boss battle's finished. Sony's machine does not produce a perfect 60fps of course, but it is a consistently better performer - and in a game that demands pinpoint timing for rolls and ripostes, the smoother frame-rate can make a difference.

didn't you say the other day that DF where MS biased and had no credibility?

Now they have credibility right?

so they only have Credibility when they give the PS4 the nod, good to know.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 delta3074

@AM-Gamer said:

@inb4uall: And it still looks like shit compared to BB now go suck on that salt.

What the F*** does Bloodborne have to do with this thread? it's about DS2.

Talk about Lame 'lets move the goalposts by Bringing in a Completely unrelated game to the topic at the hand'

Good job genius *rolls eyes*

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 tormentos

@delta3074 said:

Yep specially Leadbetter which is the one stating that the difference from 1080p to 900p is massive when is PS4 vs PC,but when it is xbox one vs PS4 it doesn't matter,even when the PS4 has even bigger gaps recorded of 1080p vs 720p.

Did i say they have credibility quote me.?

@GarGx1 said:

A standard is a benchmark, it can easily be outdated and superseded without it actually being changed to a new standard. It's a minimum that other things in the same market are based on and expected to reach. 1080p and 60 fps is an old standard long ago surpassed. 4K will be affordable within the next 3 or so years for PC gaming and will become the new benchmark standard. Until then a large proportion of PC gamers have already switched or are switching to 1440p and even 4k.

What the blazes are blethering about? The GTX 590 (the oldest of the 'other' cards I mentioned) was released in March 2011. I can buy a GTX 590 for £100 today, it's not exactly expensive anymore, regardless of the £700 price tag on release. The only cards that are individually listed that I took into account for a percentage total are 7850 and after (released March 2012). If anything it proves just how low end the hardware incorporated within these new consoles actually is.

In addition to the Steam survey not being definitive and to refute your assumption of poor up take rates of video cards

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/nvidia-ten-million-gamers-around-the-world-bought-into-the-gtx680-class-of-gpus/

That's one card series over one year. Again you may wish to re-evaluate your comment on uptake rates.

You're also confusing PC gamers with PC owners, a Steam account does not make someone a gamer by default. Even my wife has a Steam account (although her PC is substantially more powerful than she actually needs it to be), she never plays anything more than browser games and would never consider herself to be a 'gamer'.

No Standard is what most people use that is a standard,like mini USB for phones you can't say the Iphone one is the new standard even if it was better.

So yeah either you show me a new standard or you have no point.

Second my bad i confuse it with the 490 which is the one older.

Before discussing this number, let’s see Jen-Hsun’s actual quote from his keynote:

There are ten million gamers around the world who bought into the GTX680 class of GPUs”

The key point here is the ‘GTX680 class’. So, what is a GTX680 class GPU? Our guess is that en-Hsun was using the ‘GTX680 class’ term in regard to the chipset itself (GK104) and not to the actual performance. In other words, this basically means that ten million gamers have bought a GTX680 reference model, GTX680 OCed models, GTX660, GTX670 or a GTX690.

Oh it wasn't 10 million 680GTX it was 10 million from the 6XX series,reading between the lines is crucial on those PR comments,note how he say 680 class GPU's with S.

But even if it sold 10 million man,Nvidia is the best selling brand much more than AMD,the 680GTX is an early 2012 GPU the PS4 is 16 month sold more than 20 million and sold 10 million in 9 months basically so that doesn't look at all impressive even if it was true.

You can't call your self hardware gamer and don't own steam that is basically the biggest bullshit ever,one way or another hardcore PC gamers own steam,is funny how you hermits try to hype steam when it come to games and sales over PS but when the survey state something you don't like all of the sudden steam is trash that no hardcore use.

You don't have steam you can't consider your self a hardcore gamer,the most played games on steam don't need a Titanblack they run on old ass hardware maxout.

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos: No, Stupid, you are owning yourself. I even gave you an "out" two weeks ago, and you still stood your ground with you

When you or any other idiot show me gains on xbox one you will have a point,other wise you are damage controlling like always.

And you have nothing but wishful thinking and blind fanboysm to back you up.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 StormyJoe

@tormentos: I'm damage controlling? At least I have articles that say "DX12 will improve XBox One performance". You have nothing to back up what you say - it's all tinfoil hat "conspira-say".

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 delta3074

@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

Yep specially Leadbetter which is the one stating that the difference from 1080p to 900p is massive when is PS4 vs PC,but when it is xbox one vs PS4 it doesn't matter,even when the PS4 has even bigger gaps recorded of 1080p vs 720p.

I don't need to, you just proved your hypocrisy by posting an article from a company you find to have no credibility as evidence that the Ps4 is better than the xbone in the graphics department.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 delta3074
@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

When you or any other idiot show me gains on xbox one you will have a point,other wise you are damage controlling like always.

And you have nothing but wishful thinking and blind fanboysm to back you up.

'And you have nothing but wishful thinking and blind fanboysm to back you up.'

And a TON of articles and several developers that say it WILL give performance gains on the Xbone.

Where are your articles that say it won't offer any performance gains?

Thats right, there are none so he can provide Articles that say it will, you can provide NOTHING except assumption to say it won't

You are the one damage controlling on that basis because he has evidence and you have nothing to counter his evidence

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 GarGx1

@tormentos

I'm not sure what you're arguing about standards for? I've not denied that 1080p is seen as the norm for gaming or a target to be achieved by weak consoles. What I'm saying is that it should be moving forward as 1080p has been in use for a long time now and should be getting changed to a higher level, which is already easily achievable and available. Doing so would help keep the industry moving and prevent stagnation, this of course is antithetical to consoles who thrive on dormancy for set periods of time between generations. 1080p has been surpassed and watching people argue over weak consoles not even getting to that level is boring.

On to sales now

In 2013 Nvidia had 68% of the market, leaving 32% to AMD. If you take 10 million 680 class (GK104 chipset) cards as all that Nvidia sold (without speculating on numbers of non GK104's sold) then AMD must have sold 3,800,000 cards in the same time period. In other words between Nvidia and AMD at least 13,800,00 graphics cards were sold over the space of 12 months.

Do you honestly believe that the next 6 months for both those companies were so bad that they sold less than half of the total for the previous year but yet still managed to increase year on year profits? I think not.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#140 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

Who cares it's not like this was an exclusive that a lot of people never got. Almost anyone who wanted this game got it on the 360 or PS3

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

AM-saltytears is so mad lol

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

@silversix_ said:

I bet my DX9 version looks better than this supposed to be "improved edition"

The new DX 11 version is basically the same but with an actual lighting system, that in the end isn't that impressive because it is still broken for the most part. When you light torch pedestals most won't cast shadows. Also sometimes the change from dark to light and vice versa doesn't feel natural at all. Sometimes when you light your torch in an open illuminated area everything gets obscured outside the torch's radius in a ridiculous way.

Graphics is not the right reason to play Scholar of the First Sin. So far I have found some very interesting changes in enemy, weapon and item placements.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#143  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@groowagon said:
@GarGx1 said:

no it's not. 1080p TVs are still very much the standard. sure, you can go 4K on PC, but 1080p is far more common.

but yes, i do agree that these new consoles should have been beefy enough to handle everything in 1080p@60fps. but they are not.

then again, i can't run all games in 1080p@60fps even with GTX 970. most games, but not all of them.

that statement doesn't make any sense unless you're talking strictly from the point of the PS4 not being able to provide stable performance while running a last gen port. On this point I agree but if not then you have to realize that frame-rate it's primarily a design decision.

The prettier the game the more expensive each frame becomes. And then the fact that the more dynamic the game the harder it is to maintain a stable frame-rate, so you have to plan the design and flow of everything very meticulously. Like for example: in Dark Souls games you can make a bunch of enemies follow you and that will rekt the frame-rate.

The only reason PC can have higher resolutions and stable frame-rates compared to consoles it's because games aren't tailored to the highest end hardware. And even then there are major **** ups like it is the case with the first Dark Souls game that no matter the hardware the frame-rate will struggle due to bad porting.

On consoles devs know that pretty graphics sell games and thus the first thing they sacrifice is the frame-rate and it's not like you can buy a PS4 with better hardware to play the same game at higher res and fps.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 tormentos

@delta3074 said:

I don't need to, you just proved your hypocrisy by posting an article from a company you find to have no credibility as evidence that the Ps4 is better than the xbone in the graphics department.

So you can't quote me.? Ok...

When you quote me saying that reply.

Other wise i just posted the faceoff didn't even make a comment.

Again find my thread about DF what i stated is there in black and white with link,Leadbetter soften the blow when the xbox one is getting beat,not only that when the PS4 was owning the xbox one for as much as 30FPS on Tomb Raider and Sniper Elite DF never dare put a line saying the PS4 trounce the xbox one,but funny enough when Resident Evil came out completely broken on PS4 they were fast to say the xbox one trounce the PS4 in capcom game on the main title it was totally inflammatory.

Find a pace of where DF stated that the PS4 trounce the xbox one.

But once again Quote me giving them credibility i just posted what they state and my first post doesn't even have a comment from me giving it credibility.

@delta3074 said:

'And you have nothing but wishful thinking and blind fanboysm to back you up.'

And a TON of articles and several developers that say it WILL give performance gains on the Xbone.

Where are your articles that say it won't offer any performance gains?

Thats right, there are none so he can provide Articles that say it will, you can provide NOTHING except assumption to say it won't

You are the one damage controlling on that basis because he has evidence and you have nothing to counter his evidence

Several developer which ones.? Basically the only one doing PR for DX12 is Brad Wardell and several developer actually mock him for making those bold claims about double performance and huge gains.

SDK improve performance but the xbox one already has get several,and worse the performance gains DX12 bring to the table are already inside the xbox one stated by another developers as well,you don't even have the smallest idea what DX12 really is.

There is a huge 27 page long thread that backfire for Kuu2 claming Fable was improving 20% on xbox one,it was latter found that the gains were on PC not on xbox one,so yeah the first DX12 game bring improvement on PC on xbox one will bring shit,because that this is already on xbox one.

DX12 as Mantle and Vulkan are API that bring console optimization to PC not the other way around,educate your self on this matter first then talk.

Other industry professionals were much more skeptical though. Rich Forster, programmer on SCE’s R&D PhyreEngine team, stated that, “Well that made me smile: http://www.neowin.net/news/directx-12-a-game-changer-for-xbox-one … DX12 will push GPUs twice as hard leading to overheating.”

PS4 ICE Team programmer Cort Stratton added that, “New SDKs can significantly improve performance on the same hardware, yes. Dunno about DX12/X1 specifically, of course; not my dept.

He also said that people have a right to be skeptical about performance gains. “Good; always be suspicious of ANY perf. improvement claims. e.g. what *exactly* got 50-100% faster? Faster than what? Details!”

Treyarch software engineer Dan Olson had a less amused take. “Here’s an article… no idea why people go on record for stuff like this. http://www.neowin.net/news/directx-12-a-game-changer-for-xbox-one”

Programmer Dean Ashton found it downright hilarious. Either that or life-threatening judging by his response. “2x perf on Xbox One when using DX12? That article nearly made me choke on my cup of tea.”

http://gamingbolt.com/devs-react-to-dx-12-doubling-xbox-one-gpu-speed-ps4-ice-programmer-be-suspicious-of-claims#Cq7UcukEkHeL2SMY.99

No Brad Wardel may be able to fool me,you or Stormyjoke but this are also developers and he can't fool them man look at that comment from Treyarch..

Come on the first mocking is a sony guy who works on PhyreEngine this person works on SONY high performance engines he freaking know this shit.

Brad Wardel has even own him self going back and forward and even started to lower the expectation he knows he blew it,and when all is say and done he will look like an idiot.

So basically the first DX12 game coming is on my side it bring nothing,so sad Stormy is that he wanted to hide on 1 frame per second as an improvement..hahaha

Man 1 frame you can get more than that by optimizing your damn game code..hahaha

Before you look like a fool educate your self on what DX12 really bring to the table.

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos: I'm damage controlling? At least I have articles that say "DX12 will improve XBox One performance". You have nothing to back up what you say - it's all tinfoil hat "conspira-say".

The only articles you have are all based on the same shit Brad Wardell has be spewing,that dude is running PR for MS The dude even admits that GNM on PS4 is lower level than both mantle and Vulkan which mean is also lower level than DX12.

You have been taken like an idiot by a guy doing PR,even on PC his PR was over blown,Fable will improve 20% on PC that is far from double,and a heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllll of allot further from 500% or 600% gains he claim.

From day 1 you have not only downplay the advantage the PS4 has,but also try to imply that the crappy xbox one will improve while the PS4 some how will remain static..

You are a blind lemming.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 StormyJoe

@tormentos: LOL. You are full of shit.

I am a "blind lemming"? Dude, you are the biggest dumbass cow I have ever had the displeasure of reading. You even give cows a bad name.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

I am a "blind lemming"? Dude, you are the biggest dumbass cow I have ever had the displeasure of reading. You even give cows a bad name.

But i never deny been a cow unlike you.

Again show me the games running on DX12 that show a gain,because from what i know the only 1 yet improved shit.

When you show me DX11.x vs DX12 on xbox one with gains i will gladly admit been wrong.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

But i never deny been a cow unlike you.

Again show me the games running on DX12 that show a gain,because from what i know the only 1 yet improved shit.

When you show me DX11.x vs DX12 on xbox one with gains i will gladly admit been wrong.

Yeah. I have given a lot of praise to Nintendo's first party and to Sony... l am such a lemming. There's a big difference between blindly endorsing a product and defending a produce from FUD.

I defend the XB1 from FUD. That does not make me a lemming.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

Yeah. I have given a lot of praise to Nintendo's first party and to Sony... l am such a lemming. There's a big difference between blindly endorsing a product and defending a produce from FUD.

I defend the XB1 from FUD. That does not make me a lemming.

See this is the difference between you and me i can admit been a cow but your are so full of shit that you can't even admit been a damn lemming which is what you are and what you defend here 100% of the time.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos: Being such a blind full of shit cow should automatically exclude you from any discussions with anything other than a Sony circle jerk thread. You're prefect for a nice Sony circle jerk thread but you're extremely biased towards anything else so no point in posting, you're not taken serioulsy.....by anyone. Your opinions are rendered moot because you're such a fanatical fan El Tormented. So pathetic....

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 delta3074

@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

So you can't quote me.? Ok...

When you quote me saying that reply.

Other wise i just posted the faceoff didn't even make a comment.

Again find my thread about DF what i stated is there in black and white with link,Leadbetter soften the blow when the xbox one is getting beat,not only that when the PS4 was owning the xbox one for as much as 30FPS on Tomb Raider and Sniper Elite DF never dare put a line saying the PS4 trounce the xbox one,but funny enough when Resident Evil came out completely broken on PS4 they were fast to say the xbox one trounce the PS4 in capcom game on the main title it was totally inflammatory.

Find a pace of where DF stated that the PS4 trounce the xbox one.

But once again Quote me giving them credibility i just posted what they state and my first post doesn't even have a comment from me giving it credibility.

Several developer which ones.? Basically the only one doing PR for DX12 is Brad Wardell and several developer actually mock him for making those bold claims about double performance and huge gains.

SDK improve performance but the xbox one already has get several,and worse the performance gains DX12 bring to the table are already inside the xbox one stated by another developers as well,you don't even have the smallest idea what DX12 really is.

'So you can't quote me.? Ok...'

Learn to read english idiot, i already stated i didn't need to, posting an article written by a company you believe is biased towards the Xbone is more than enough to prove your hypocrisy, in other words, NO work needed on my part, you proved it yourself.

If you can;t see the hypocrisy in that then there really is no hope for you sunshine.

'several developer actually mock him for making those bold claims about double performance and huge gains.'

They never said it WOULDN'T Increase performance on the xbone they where just mocking him for his 2x claim, obviously it won't DOUBLE the performance of the GPU.

The general Consensus though is that New SDK's have the potential to massively increase performance on Console hardware, Even Ps4 developers acknowledge that.

PS4 ICE Team programmer Cort Stratton added that, “New SDKs can significantly improve performance on the same hardware, yes. Dunno about DX12/X1 specifically, of course; not my dept."

http://gamingbolt.com/devs-react-to-dx-12-doubling-xbox-one-gpu-speed-ps4-ice-programmer-be-suspicious-of-claims

i find it funny that Developers that have no experienc of DX12 are mocking a developer who is actually using it to develop games when they have never touched it.

Who is more credible Tormentos, the guy actually using the Software or the Guys who have never touched the software

i will leave that one to the world Jury mate

i am not the one pretending i know about these things, you are a FAKE and a Charlatan Who pretends to be knowledgeable about such things but all you really know is what you read online, you have no coding qualifications or experience in game development, so you Rooted a couple of phones, who hasn't, that doesn't make you a hardware tech or an Expert on DX12.

Nobody really knows the Effect DX12 will have on the xbone but you realize that if it DOES increase the Xbones performance in ANY area you are going to look like the biggest tool on the internet because you are the only one thats adamant it won't Deliver ANY performance gains on the Xbone