Face it,if you want Strategy games,get PC!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AARONRULZ1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 AARONRULZ1
Member since 2006 • 6273 Posts

Sure Xbox 360 DOES have Command & Conquer 3 out now,and World in Conflict is coming for it in Q4 07,but does360 have:

Starcraft?

Total War?

Age of Empires?

Company of Heroes?

The rest of the Command & Conquer series?

Warcraft 3?

Rise of Nations?

Need i say more,PC has NO competitors when it comes to Strategy games,period.

Zero_Fate_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Zero_Fate_
Member since 2003 • 3448 Posts

Well they do have Starcraft for a certain Nintendo console.

jt8b2z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jt8b2z
Member since 2005 • 7189 Posts

ofcourse. My favourite genres are fps's and rts's.

So naturally my gaming platform of choice is pc seen as the console offerings of those genresare laughable in comparison.

Avatar image for FlockofSpagheti
FlockofSpagheti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FlockofSpagheti
Member since 2007 • 1292 Posts
One problem man... RTS are a genre where only the new stuff matters mostly... because all the games feed off each other unlike most genres... it develops faster so the new stuff is all that is playable...
SpaceMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SpaceMatt
Member since 2003 • 3588 Posts
The 360 may not have them, but the N 64 (and possibly PlayStation, but don't quote me) have StarCraft, one of the Nintendo handhelds has Age of Empires, and the rest of the C&C series (barring Red Alert 2, Tib. Sun and Generals) have appeared on consoles
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
i dunno, the wii could pull an RTS off
jt8b2z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jt8b2z
Member since 2005 • 7189 Posts

One problem man... RTS are a genre where only the new stuff matters mostly... because all the games feed off each other unlike most genres... it develops faster so the new stuff is all that is playable...FlockofSpagheti

I still play starcraft and red alert 2 on a regular basis ...:|

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts
I'm pretty sure everyone has already faced this. I mean who seriously thinks they can get a quality RTS experience on consoles to match the PC? :|
AARONRULZ1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AARONRULZ1
One problem man... RTS are a genre where only the new stuff matters mostly... because all the games feed off each other unlike most genres... it develops faster so the new stuff is all that is playable...FlockofSpagheti
Tell that to Starcraft and Warcraft 3 players...
AARONRULZ1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AARONRULZ1
I'm pretty sure everyone has already faced this. I mean who seriously thinks they can get a quality RTS experience on consoles to match the PC? :|Miyomatic
Console fanboys,thats who.
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shadow_hosi
new stuff matters? starcraft is edging twards 10 years old and is still 1 of the most popular pc games
Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

new stuff matters? starcraft is edging twards 10 years old and is still 1 of the most popular pc gamesshadow_hosi

If new stuff didnt matter, would they keep releasing it? :|

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
I stopped caring about RTS when I got burnt out out RA2. They made them too complicated. I don't like having to zoom in and out all the time.
Natural_Mystic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Natural_Mystic
Member since 2003 • 4117 Posts

ahem... when will hermits realize that the 360 and PC are on the same team?

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shadow_hosi

[QUOTE="shadow_hosi"]new stuff matters? starcraft is edging twards 10 years old and is still 1 of the most popular pc gamesMiyomatic

If new stuff didnt matter, would they keep releasing it? :|

starcraft hasent changed wtf are you talking about? they still sell the same game it was the day it came out, just with all the updates on the disk, the reason it has lived is the map edditor and endless ways to play (no other rts (c'ept wc3) has done that, i cant wait for starcraft 2, the 2nd coming is on the way, prepare your command centers, hives, and additional pylons

BatmanBegins24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BatmanBegins24
Member since 2005 • 7520 Posts
Who's arguing with you? Although the 360 has been getting some great strategy games lately,the PC has always been the home for strategy games.
AJ121791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AJ121791
Member since 2007 • 84 Posts
;)I would love Medieval 2 Total War to be on my 360.
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
if you want great games like ssbb mgs4 metroid get a console
bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts
CIVILIZATION 4! really, i think clicking and using that control stick is too hard and time consuming. plus, not hotkeying to control squads so that you can control all units at once to attack one area. Strategy games are too complex to be competitive on consoles. plus, no MODS
Gangans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gangans
Member since 2007 • 1273 Posts
The xbox360 is trying to emulate a pc, it's focusing on FPS and RTS genres. Yet the pc does them so much better it's making the xbox look really bad.
Zero_Fate_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zero_Fate_
Member since 2003 • 3448 Posts

Natural_Mystic

Read Casey's myth thread, #14.

joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 joker730
Member since 2007 • 1561 Posts
doesnt matter breakfasttaste just as great in the afternoon
Avatar image for BEAN_LARD_MULCH
BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BEAN_LARD_MULCH
Member since 2006 • 4720 Posts
I also think that RTSs should be kept to PCs...Even if you can use a mouse and keyboard with the console that its on, they should still be kept to PCs only.
Avatar image for LinKuei_warrior
LinKuei_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 LinKuei_warrior
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

Natural_Mystic

14. The PC is also a MS platform. Hermits and lemmings are brothers. -no, lemmings. hermits are not your brothers. the PC is not a microsoft platform. the xbox is a microsoft platform. microsoft gets nothing from a pc game unless they publish the game. windows is a software program. it's one of many components that make a pc work. microsoft does not make pcs. you will be looked at funny if you act like the 360 losing an exclusive to the pc is not a bad thing. if a 360 game is available on the pc, it's one more incentive not to buy a 360.

-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts
Well i do not like RTS games, so naturally i havent built a PC.
BatmanBegins24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BatmanBegins24
Member since 2005 • 7520 Posts

The xbox360 is trying to emulate a pc, it's focusing on FPS and RTS genres. Yet the pc does them so much better it's making the xbox look really bad.Gangans

The Wii is trying to imitate the DS and the DS is making it look bad.And the PS3 is trying to imitates the PS2 and the PS2 is making it look bad.I own all three consoles, and I have no reason to prefer the 360, I just do.I love it.If it keeps a steady flow of games like it is right now, it could end up being my all time favorite console.

DuaneDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DuaneDog
Member since 2006 • 999 Posts
[QUOTE="Natural_Mystic"]

LinKuei_warrior

14. The PC is also a MS platform. Hermits and lemmings are brothers. -no, lemmings. hermits are not your brothers. the PC is not a microsoft platform. the xbox is a microsoft platform. microsoft gets nothing from a pc game unless they publish the game. windows is a software program. it's one of many components that make a pc work. microsoft does not make pcs. you will be looked at funny if you act like the 360 losing an exclusive to the pc is not a bad thing. if a 360 game is available on the pc, it's one more incentive not to buy a 360.

This is just not correct. Both game platforms certainly share DirectX and Microsoft's development tools. Games running on a Linux box for example are NOT running on a Microsoft platfrom and none of the games you go out and buy will run on the box. So who sellsVista again???? How is buyingVista and paying that licensefeenot profit forMicrosoft?Games running on Vista are certainly running on a Microsoft platform. Royalties on each game does not mean the platform architectures, development tools and even the methodology are not essentially the same. Microsoft wants to keep developers on their platforms because that is essential to their future. The DirectX platform is mature and has proven to be scalable and useable for XP, Vista, Xbox, Xbox360 and you can be assured that there will be continued convergence of these technologies and platforms.

The quote saysMicrosoft gets "nothing" from a PC game unless the publish the game. That is incorrect. For companies to have the "Compatible with Vista Logo" they must pay for that. Have you priced the Team development edition of Visual Studio and Microsofts tools? But what Microsoft really gains is that those PC games are the reason people buy a PC instead of a Macintosh or a Linux box. This very important fact seems to escape rule #14.If the rule were at all true then you could basically buy any OS and run every PC game.

Skie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Skie7
Member since 2005 • 1031 Posts
And yet you leave off games like Civ, Galactic Civ, Korsun Pocket, and many other great strategy games. You might as well just rename your title if you want RTS games. :P
Skie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Skie7
Member since 2005 • 1031 Posts

Tell that to all the Koreans still playing Starcraft.

Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gunraidan
Member since 2007 • 4272 Posts

This is just not correct. Both game platforms certainly share DirectX and Microsoft's development tools. Games running on a Linux box for example are NOT running on a Microsoft platfrom and none of the games you go out and buy will run on the box. So who sellsVista again???? How is buyingVista and paying that licensefeenot profit forMicrosoft?Games running on Vista are certainly running on a Microsoft platform. Royalties on each game does not mean the platform architectures, development tools and even the methodology are not essentially the same. Microsoft wants to keep developers on their platforms because that is essential to their future. The DirectX platform is mature and has proven to be scalable and useable for XP, Vista, Xbox, Xbox360 and you can be assured that there will be continued convergence of these technologies and platforms.

The quote saysMicrosoft gets "nothing" from a PC game unless the publish the game. That is incorrect. For companies to have the "Compatible with Vista Logo" they must pay for that. Have you priced the Team development edition of Visual Studio and Microsofts tools? But what Microsoft really gains is that those PC games are the reason people buy a PC instead of a Macintosh or a Linux box. This very important fact seems to escape rule #14.If the rule were at all true then you could basically buy any OS and run every PC game.

DuaneDog

Do people even realize that consoles use OS's too. PS2 used Linux and Dreamcast used Windows CE.

So does that means all Dreamcast and PS2 games are multiplats to Microsoft or Linux?

Also you can't choose your OS with consoles, PC's you can.

lordxymor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lordxymor
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

Natural_Mystic

Will you ever see the Hammer of Casey comming?

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts

Agreed 110%. RTS on consoles is a joke that isn't funny. FPS on consoles can be done well, but not RTS by any means when comparedto the PC.

lordxymor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lordxymor
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

DuaneDog

That's a marketing decision. You don't need to put the windows logo in your game. If it's for PC people will expect it to work in windows. You can publish your game and not pay MS a dime.

t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts

DuaneDog

Annnnd your argument dies right... about... here-

PC developers don't pay anything to have their games compatible with Windows. Microsoft can't say, "Hey, your game is compatible with Windows! Give us teh moneyz!!1!" because it's illegal.

Microsoft has no say whatesoever on what videogame content goes onto PCs, and they get no profit when I buy a copy of World of Warcraft, FEAR, or any other game they don't publish.

For gods sake, why the hell would a developer pay Microsoft to advertise that their product can run on Windows!?

Games for Windows is a Microsoft advertising campaign. Microsoft does not, and will never, own PC gaming.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Pikmin pwns as RTS, and its not on PC.
Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts
Dragon Force was an excellent example of a strategy game (It's probably one of my favorite console games of all time), and it was for the SEGA Saturn. So, not ALL great strategy games are for the PC. But, if you are really interested in strategy games, and want to play tons of them, PC is probably the way to go.
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 The_PirateKing
Member since 2005 • 9714 Posts
~-~You're talking about rts games. But I like tbs and rpg/tbs games on a handheld. (Advance Wars, Fire Emblem.) If it can be done on a handheld just fine then that's where I want it.~-~