Face it. Blu-Ray is NEEDED! ***edited with new dev comments***

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by HeedleGlavin (15373 posts) -
Wikipedia= Credit destroyedfixer293
Wikipedia has been shown to be almost as accurate as Britannica. Go away.
#52 Posted by cobrax80 (4658 posts) -
[QUOTE="cobrax80"][QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="black_awpN1"][QUOTE="makingmusic476"]

[QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"]Zelda: TP had 50-60 hours of gameplay, and it fit on a GC disk. :|makingmusic476

Yeah....and your point? FFVII was longer than that and it fit on a few cds. ;)

Higher resolution textures, more objects on screen at once, uncompressed (or at least less-compressed) audio all adds up to way more space.

um, FFVII wasnt on DVD9s. I dont even think they were on DVDs. It was on those crazy black PS one discs.  

Um....i said it was on cds, not dvds.  The "crazy black discs" were close in size to a cd.

how close? link?

Well, according to Wikipedia, the psOne used cd-roms. I know cd-roms hold between 600 and 800 mb of data.

You claim the "black discs" could hold 300mb.  I do recal that the psONe discs were not the same as a standard cd-rom, but i'm not sure how much they actually hold.  Could you throw me a link about the 300mb thing? Because i can't find it anywhere.

According to Wikipedia the Discs stored 176.4 MB, 2352 Bytes per sector*75 sectors=176,400.

#53 Posted by insomnia37 (1442 posts) -

Great read, I didn't know that lots of devs' had great things to say about BD. I don't know how anyone can argue that more space is not necessary?!

Only die hard fanboys will state that blu-ray is not needed.

Fanboys logic= next gen format and more space is NOT needed. 

#54 Posted by jfkunrendered (8298 posts) -
Microsoft and Nintendo dont think its needed. And just look at the current standings. So do you think its still needed?
#55 Posted by fixer293 (4770 posts) -

[QUOTE="fixer293"]Wikipedia= Credit destroyedHeedleGlavin

Yeah, ok

Wikipedia is a joke, and does no tprove why he thinks Blu-ray is needed, because,it isn't.

#56 Posted by danneswegman (12937 posts) -
more space is needed..... not blu ray..
#57 Posted by toxicmog (6355 posts) -

Only one, and that was the guys at Valve.

#58 Posted by -KinGz- (5232 posts) -

Fine ignore the developers. Keep playing games like Gears that only have an 8-hour singleplayer campaign and games where you have to wait for months after you get the game to download some new multiplayer maps to make up for the few that were given to you in the first place.makingmusic476

Are u enjoying motorstorm :roll:? 

#59 Posted by XboxUnderground (20965 posts) -

Some people can't stop and look more than a year or two ahead of them. But when your favorite console maker is known for short lifespans, why should you?TekkenMaster606

short lifespans/

the xbox lifespan was TOO LONG

personally I think consoles should be 3 years between releases 

#60 Posted by evilbarbarian (3879 posts) -
Blu-Ray is needed, that's why we've been gaming without it for 20 years.. :roll:
#61 Posted by thirstychainsaw (3761 posts) -
[QUOTE="MTBare"]

[QUOTE="makingmusic476"]Can anybody find a dev quote that says tha Blu-Ray just isn't needed at all?TekkenMaster606

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Jaffe_I_Would_Not_Have_Included_Blu_ray_in_PS3

Not only did I find one, but I found one from one sony's most beloved developers. Anything else you want me to do?

He said he would not include it for PRICE reasons. YOU FAIL. Not once did he claim it was not needed because the space a DVD9 can provide is ample storage space.

Well, if he said he would of removed it, I don't think he thinks that Blu-Ray is that important. 

#62 Posted by cakeorrdeath (19074 posts) -
Blu-Ray can only be needed if the PS3 becomes the hugely dominant platform over 360. Otherwise games will be designed so as to reach as many consumers as possible.
#63 Posted by evilbarbarian (3879 posts) -

[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]Some people can't stop and look more than a year or two ahead of them. But when your favorite console maker is known for short lifespans, why should you?XboxUnderground

short lifespans/

I can't see how that would be beneficiary.

#64 Posted by -KinGz- (5232 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="makingmusic476"]Fine ignore the developers. Keep playing games like Gears that only have an 8-hour singleplayer campaign and games where you have to wait for months after you get the game to download some new multiplayer maps to make up for the few that were given to you in the first place.makingmusic476

That argument might actually work if Gears of War completely filled the DVD 9. :|

Isn't Gears somewhere between 6.5-7 gbs worth of data? Devs are only allowed to use app. 7gb of the standard dvd9, as the other 2gb are reserved for information for MS. I could've sworn Gears essentially filled up what space they could use on the disc.

Mass effect and crysis put this thread to shame. 

#65 Posted by OGTiago (6545 posts) -
while the extra space is good to have, I don't think it is NEEDED.
#66 Posted by XboxUnderground (20965 posts) -
[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]

[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]Some people can't stop and look more than a year or two ahead of them. But when your favorite console maker is known for short lifespans, why should you?evilbarbarian

short lifespans/

I can't see how that would be beneficiary.

because it keeps the gap between PC and consoles small 

#67 Posted by cakeorrdeath (19074 posts) -

XboxUnderground

It would also mean consoles could never build up big enough install bases for developers to make any money. 

#68 Posted by XboxUnderground (20965 posts) -

cakeorrdeath

It would also mean consoles could never build up big enough install bases for developers to make any money.

15-20 million customers isn't enough? 

#69 Posted by KraigA (677 posts) -

no its NOT needed i dont want a movie format on a games console. Xbox doesnt.. nither foes the wii and they get the job done just fine. beerm_basic

DVD is a movie format too is it not? :lol:

It IS needed. Games like Resistance wouldn't be as good as it is if it wasn't for blu-ray. (since it's size surpasses the limitations of the lesser formats).

#70 Posted by cakeorrdeath (19074 posts) -
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]

XboxUnderground

15-20 million customers isn't enough?

To sustain the no. of games, developers and publishers currently in the industry? No. Nowhere near. 

#71 Posted by Redfingers (4510 posts) -

[QUOTE="makingmusic476"]Fine ignore the developers. Keep playing games like Gears that only have an 8-hour singleplayer campaign and games where you have to wait for months after you get the game to download some new multiplayer maps to make up for the few that were given to you in the first place.cobrax80

Show me the link where it says they couldn't fit in anymore content, or a link that tells me how much space it really takes on the DVD9 disc, it still turned out to be great game anyway.

I think it took 6 gigs. Available capacity on a DVD-9 is roughly 8 gigs, for reference. 

#72 Posted by Redfingers (4510 posts) -
[QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="fixer293"]

[QUOTE="makingmusic476"]Fine ignore the developers. Keep playing games like Gears that only have an 8-hour singleplayer campaign and games where you have to wait for months after you get the game to download some new multiplayer maps to make up for the few that were given to you in the first place.fixer293

Hey, its a great game, its just over a tad too quickly, imo.

Need you forget ,Gears=9.6

And no, Blu-Ray is far from needed.

Ok, thats you opinion, just like it is your opinion that Blu-Ray is needed. Not everyone wants or needs Blu-Ray.

Thread busted

Yeah, but apparently that statement does not include Julian Eggebrecht, Epic games, Insomniac, or Hideo Kojima.

Thread reopened for business. 

#73 Posted by Redfingers (4510 posts) -
[QUOTE="MTBare"]

[QUOTE="makingmusic476"]Can anybody find a dev quote that says tha Blu-Ray just isn't needed at all?TekkenMaster606

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Jaffe_I_Would_Not_Have_Included_Blu_ray_in_PS3

Not only did I find one, but I found one from one sony's most beloved developers. Anything else you want me to do?

He said he would not include it for PRICE reasons. YOU FAIL. Not once did he claim it was not needed because the space a DVD9 can provide is ample storage space.

Jaffe is not interested in utilizing advanced AI or physics in his games. He said they distract from the core experience he has designed in God of War. Therefore, Blu Ray does not provide him any advantage either way because he will not plan on utilizing the space. 

#74 Posted by HeedleGlavin (15373 posts) -

[QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="fixer293"]Wikipedia= Credit destroyedfixer293

Yeah, ok

Wikipedia is a joke, and does no tprove why he thinks Blu-ray is needed, because,it isn't.

Let's see here... An actual study conducted.....versus....some random fanboy in denial.... That's a tough one. :)
#75 Posted by fixer293 (4770 posts) -
[QUOTE="fixer293"]

[QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="fixer293"]Wikipedia= Credit destroyedHeedleGlavin

Yeah, ok

Let's see here... An actual study conducted.....versus....some random fanboy in denial.... That's a tough one. :)

The only fanboys I see, are the ones trying to justify a $600 price.

#76 Posted by beerm_basic (2488 posts) -
[QUOTE="beerm_basic"]

no its NOT needed i dont want a movie format on a games console. Xbox doesnt.. nither foes the wii and they get the job done just fine. KraigA

meant new format

#77 Posted by raualex (405 posts) -

I still can't belive that some guys COMPLETELY miss the fact that this generation will last for atleast 5-6 years, if we can belive sony and look at the ps2 I'd say 7-9years.

GeoW & Mass effect is all swell TODAY, but from now to then is a long way.

But I guess it's alright if you have been put into the mindset to swap a console every 2-3years and be thrilled if your machine lasts a year :P

#78 Posted by Tasman_basic (3255 posts) -
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]Some people can't stop and look more than a year or two ahead of them. But when your favorite console maker is known for short lifespans, why should you?makingmusic476
That's pretty low, yet so very true. :lol:

Yeah I know they only made one console and it was the most future proof one out. What a pack of idiots, giving up on a console that was so far behind to focus on a new one that is winning (for the time being), what a pack of fools.
#79 Posted by Tasman_basic (3255 posts) -
[QUOTE="fixer293"][QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="fixer293"]

[QUOTE="makingmusic476"]Fine ignore the developers. Keep playing games like Gears that only have an 8-hour singleplayer campaign and games where you have to wait for months after you get the game to download some new multiplayer maps to make up for the few that were given to you in the first place.Redfingers

Hey, its a great game, its just over a tad too quickly, imo.

Ok, thats you opinion, just like it is your opinion that Blu-Ray is needed. Not everyone wants or needs Blu-Ray.

Thread busted

Yeah, but apparently that statement does not include Julian Eggebrecht, Epic games, Insomniac, or Hideo Kojima.

Thread reopened for business.

Epic? The makers of GeoW and UT3 on the 360? I know one of his quotes are in there but it sure makes it look like an optional bonus rather than a necessity.
#81 Posted by Blackbond (24505 posts) -
So tell me why PS3 needs Blu-Ray when it has standard HDD? PC doesn't need Blu-Ray and that's because it has a standard HDD. I won't brag about something that isn't needed. Sure its a nice luxary but it would have been better just to include a bigger Hardrive and scrap Blu-Ray all together for the consumers sake.
#82 Posted by KraigA (677 posts) -
[QUOTE="KraigA"][QUOTE="beerm_basic"]

no its NOT needed i dont want a movie format on a games console. Xbox doesnt.. nither foes the wii and they get the job done just fine. beerm_basic

meant new format

TBH: I don't think there is any disadvantage of having it. (just the price; but even at that, the PS3 is good value).

PS3 still plays DVDs, etc, CDs, Super Audio...
#83 Posted by Zero-G_basic (1879 posts) -
I swear, did any of you even read the quotes taken straight from the mouths of people like Mark Rein of epic games, the creator of your beloved Gears of War!?!makingmusic476
It's the same guy that said PC gaming is dying. Look the guy doesn't make games.
#84 Posted by KraigA (677 posts) -
So tell me why PS3 needs Blu-Ray when it has standard HDD? PC doesn't need Blu-Ray and that's because it has a standard HDD. I won't brag about something that isn't needed. Sure its a nice luxary but it would have been better just to include a bigger Hardrive and scrap Blu-Ray all together for the consumers sake.Blackbond

Well... if each bluray disc is min 25GB.. you would need a HUGE hard drive to store multiple games... Bluray disc massivly free's your hard drive... (also, I know with PCs that if your hard drive is full, it starts to affect the overall performance of it)..

Also, dnt forget High Definition movies, they take up plenty of space. 1080p.
#85 Posted by Gaara79 (4476 posts) -

Sony wants to push Blu-Ray because of Disk royalties. They get money for every Blu Ray disk sold.

#86 Posted by HuusAsking (15270 posts) -

Why is 50GB needed when both consoles only have 512MB of RAM in them. You have to fit the scene in RAM in order to play it, and you can't "stream" online (which is probably why Lair has no multiplayer).

There's also the matter of development costs, which are already pretty darn high. Aren't we approaching the realm of diminishing returns?

#87 Posted by Blackbond (24505 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]So tell me why PS3 needs Blu-Ray when it has standard HDD? PC doesn't need Blu-Ray and that's because it has a standard HDD. I won't brag about something that isn't needed. Sure its a nice luxary but it would have been better just to include a bigger Hardrive and scrap Blu-Ray all together for the consumers sake.KraigA

Well... if each bluray disc is min 25GB.. you would need a HUGE hard drive to store multiple games... Bluray disc massivly free's your hard drive... (also, I know with PCs that if your hard drive is full, it starts to affect the overall performance of it)..

Also, dnt forget High Definition movies, they take up plenty of space. 1080p.

Just because the Blu-Ray disc is 25GB doesn't mean games are being created that are 25GB. Also when your PC's Hardrive becomes full you can always free up space. Your argument doens't make sense because it would imply that PC would need Blu-Ray as well, and sorry that isn't the case. The PS3 has the same standard issued Hardrive like a PC. So it like PC doesn't need Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray is nothing but a luxary, anyone who says its a need or a necesity is just fooling themselves.

Like you said Blu-Ray is required for Hi Def movies. Its not required for even Hi Def gaming. 

#88 Posted by HuusAsking (15270 posts) -
[QUOTE="beerm_basic"][QUOTE="KraigA"][QUOTE="beerm_basic"]

no its NOT needed i dont want a movie format on a games console. Xbox doesnt.. nither foes the wii and they get the job done just fine. KraigA

meant new format

TBH: I don't think there is any disadvantage of having it. (just the price; but even at that, the PS3 is good value).

PS3 still plays DVDs, etc, CDs, Super Audio...

Not necessarily. What if someone comes out with a $200 HD-DVD player? or DVD/HD-DVD combo discs that cost no more than the DVD alone?
#89 Posted by -L-U-I-S- (3665 posts) -

Some people can't stop and look more than a year or two ahead of them. But when your favorite console maker is known for short lifespans, why should you?TekkenMaster606

...ouch :lol:

#90 Posted by makingmusic476 (12558 posts) -
[QUOTE="cobrax80"]

[QUOTE="makingmusic476"]Fine ignore the developers. Keep playing games like Gears that only have an 8-hour singleplayer campaign and games where you have to wait for months after you get the game to download some new multiplayer maps to make up for the few that were given to you in the first place.Redfingers

Show me the link where it says they couldn't fit in anymore content, or a link that tells me how much space it really takes on the DVD9 disc, it still turned out to be great game anyway.

I think it took 6 gigs. Available capacity on a DVD-9 is roughly 8 gigs, for reference. 

It took a little over 6 gb.  Also, devs are only allowed to use ~7 gb of the space on a dvd9 when programming for the 360, as ~2gb need to be reserved for MS (though i don't knwo why).
#91 Posted by makingmusic476 (12558 posts) -

So tell me why PS3 needs Blu-Ray when it has standard HDD? PC doesn't need Blu-Ray and that's because it has a standard HDD. I won't brag about something that isn't needed. Sure its a nice luxary but it would have been better just to include a bigger Hardrive and scrap Blu-Ray all together for the consumers sake.Blackbond
Except the ps3s hdd is only 60gb.  The hdd was intended to help decrease load times, etc., not store whole games.  You'd fill up a 60gb hdd pretty fast if you had to install the games on them. 

Sure, pc games are installed, but the average size of a pc hdd is well over 100 gb, and the average size of a pc gamer's hdd is probably over 250gb by now (mine's 320gb).

Besides, if an hdd is all that's needed, then i guess the 360 is screwed, as the hdd isn't standard. ;)

#92 Posted by jxditu (718 posts) -

Did any of you anti-ps3 types ever think that maybe, just MAYBE, Sony thinks that Blu-Ray WILL be needed for proper gaming storage this gen, and that they're not just trying to screw everyone over? 

Sure they wanted to push their next-gen video format, and the ps3 gave them the perfect means to do so, but it DOES still help with gaming, and they knew that, which is why they figured they'd get away with sticking a BR drive in the ps3.

So, who can we look to for an answer for the great question, "Is Blu-Ray needed this generation?"

....the devs, and the devs have spoken. Blu-Ray IS needed.  To quote various developers that have developed for many platforms:

Mark Rein, VP of Epic Games, the developers of Gears of War, Unreal Tournament, and many other games, had this to say about Blu-Ray in an interview with computerandvideogames.com:

[QUOTE="Mark Rein"]Unreal Tournament was 6GB compressed. Next Generation games are going to be 20GB plus, and how we're going to fit them on DVD9's I don't know, they'll probably be a few of them. On the PS3, we're going to be using the majority of the space on those Blu-ray disks. makingmusic476

Julian Eggebrecht, of Factor 5, who are the developers of the great Star Wars Rogue Squardon games, andw who are currently developing their first title on a PLayStation platform, Lair, has this to say when questioned by IGN about the advantages of Blu-Ray:

The single level at TGS alone takes up 4 Gigabytes of data. We are using every ounce of that due to streaming of our textures. Sure you could chop them all down to tiny sizes and we would fit, but then again, it would not be the same game. In addition to all the textures and geometry, we also do have video on the disc, and all of that is in native 1080p resolution. Thanks to Blu-Ray we don't need to worry about that and can still fit the whole game on a single disk. Julian Eggebrecht

Brian Hastings, chief creative officer of Insomniac Games, the developers of the Ratchet & Clank series and Resistance: Fall of Man, had this to say about Blu-Ray in his blog "10 Reasons Why PS3 Will Win This Console Generation".  This also explains why Gears of War's singleplayer was so short and the game had so few multiplayer maps.  Maps take up space people!  Read it here:

If you ever hear someone say "Blu-Ray isn't needed for this generation," rest assured they don't make games for a living. At Insomniac, we were filling up DVDs on the PS2, as were most of the developers in the industry. We compressed the level data, we compressed the mpeg movies, we compressed the audio, and it was still a struggle to get it to fit in 6 gigs. Now we've got 16 times as much system RAM, so the level data is 16 times bigger. And the average disc space of games only gets bigger over a console's lifespan. As games get bigger, more advanced and more complex, they necessarily take up more space. If developers were filling up DVDs last generation, there are clearly going to be some sacrifices made to fit current generation games in the same amount of space.

Granted, some really great Xbox 360 games have squeezed onto a DVD9. Gears of War is a beautiful game and shows off the highest resolution textures of anything yet released, partly because of the Unreal Engine's ability to stream textures. This means that you can have much higher resolution textures than you could normally fit in your 512 MB of RAM. It also means that you're going to chew up more disc space for each level. With streamed textures, streamed geometry and streamed audio, even with compression, you can quickly approach 1 GB of data per level. That inherently limits you to a maximum of about 7 levels, and that's without multiplayer levels or mpeg cutscenes.

Sometimes people ask us, "If Resistance takes 14 gigabytes, why doesn't it look better than Gears?" Well, for one, Resistance didn't support texture streaming, so we had to make choices about where we spent our high-res textures. Resistance also had 30 single-player chapters, six multiplayer maps, uncompressed audio streaming, and high-definition mpegs. That all added up to a lot of space on the disc. Starting with Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction we are supporting texture streaming, which will make the worlds look even better, and will also consume even more space on disc.

There's no question that you can always cut more levels, compress the audio more, compress the textures more, down-res the mpeg movies, and eventually get any game to fit on a DVD. But you paid for a high-def experience, right? You want the highest resolution, best audio, most cinematic experience a developer can offer, right? That's why Blu-Ray is important for games, and why it will become more important each year of this hardware cycle. Brian Hastings

Also, Casey Hudson, the project director overseeing Mass Effect, has said that the game originally would've never been able to fit on a sinlgle DVD9, but that through heavy optimization, they managed to fit the game on one disc.  How much of that time could've been spent working on the game itself, rather than working on how much space the game takes up?  How much did they cut from the game to get it on one disc?  How big will Mass Effect 2 be? Here's the quote:

During a Q&A update, project director Casey Hudson confirmed that Mass Effect "is a monstrous game. In fact, there was a time -- not too long ago -- when we pretty much scoffed at the idea of fitting onto one disc. But, there's an art to optimizing the data that goes on a disc"; Mass Effect will fit onto a single disc -- "but just barely."Joystiq interview with Casey Hudson

And here's a quote from Hideo Kojima, in reference to the fact that MGS4 is pushing the limits of a single-layered BD-rom, which holds 25gb of data, in comparison to a dual-layered BD-rom which can hold 50 gb of data.  This is due to his heavy use of uncompressed audio and other fancy things.  After all, this is the "HD Era":

Blu-Ray is to small for Metal Gear Solid 4.Hideo Kojima

And my final developer quote, is the controversial quote from David Jaffe, the director of the Twisted Metal and God of War series, that he made during "The Bonus Round" on Gametrailers.com.  He said that he personally would've left Blu-Ray out of the ps3, in an effort to make it cheaper, get it to market sooner, and garner more sales.  However, he also says that doing this most likely would screw him over inthe long run, as the storage space of Blu-Ray would most likely be needed:

This will bite me in the ass in four years, because it was probably a smart decision, but I probably would have taken the Blu-ray out and sold it for less money.David Jaffe

Can anybody find a dev quote that says tha Blu-Ray just isn't needed at all?

no because more and more consoles are having hard drives standard these days so all that data could be compressed and extracted onto disc. we all know why sony included blu ray and it wanst because its needed, it because they want people to buy into the format and what better way than forcing people to pay for it when they buy a ps3.

#93 Posted by Darthmatt (8966 posts) -
Face, sony included Blu-ray because they stand to make a fortune off BR movie royalties.
#94 Posted by makingmusic476 (12558 posts) -
Face, sony included Blu-ray because they stand to make a fortune off BR movie royalties. Darthmatt
Would you care to actually refute what the reputable developers quoted in the OP said, or are you just going to keep throwing out your opinion as if it really matters? :|
#95 Posted by Doomlike_Mitc (4912 posts) -

Blue ray stores most memory, I think that's why it will take over, unless HD-DVD finds a way to make 201 GB HD-DVD's, then there sales would ofcours one day after the CD's release go up by 200% not overreacting. Anyway, its not REALLY needet, I can have fun with games with a litle smaller world its not killing me...

BUT OH WAIT !!!!!!

How could developers LIVE without 19 GB's extra space ? It would make there hard and tiresome work behind a chair working even harder !!!  How could we gamers ever be so selfish by letting these poor developers work so hard ? Imagine the hellish work of compressing files... While with a few GB's more they would be sure to make the games play better (Good gameplay can be stored on a disc ofcours), MORE FUN !!! (Fun can also be stored on a disc ofcours), better graphics !!! (By putting a extra GPU, CPU, and RAM on the disck games look better immediatly ofcours.)... and what does mean old microsoft do... they let them compress... all that fun spoiled... well that's it... let me throw splintercell double agent.... Gears of war... and Halo 2 in the dumpster... because they can't be good because they aren't blue-ray... :(

Simply said... its not NEEDET, but it can be usefull at times. 

#96 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

Blu-ray isn't needed until the day a PS3 absolutely mops the floor with a 360 title in graphics, sound, gameplay, physics, and resolution. Problem is with Halo 3, Too Human, and Mass Effect coming this year - next year probably seeing Gears of War 2, Ninja Gaiden 2, Lost Planet 2, Alan Wake, and the new Star Wars game the worst thing people might be able to say about the 360's use of the DVD9 is that they have to swap a disk. Is Mass Effect, knowing Biowares reputation for creating long games barely fits on one DVD 9 and has a reportedly 40+ hour full campaign if you do everything then a two disk Mass Effect game would be around 80+ possibly. Get where I am coming from? If a 360 owner has to swap a disk so what. We still paid 200 bucks less than a PS3 owner so thats a small perk the cows get for not having to get up and swap a disk. Wow. congrats on that one.

Sorry, but no matter who says what how about one of those developers creating something that trashes and floors the 360 games? How about they stop talking and release one game that bests the 360's best? Halo 3 is coming this year and you better believe Bungie's going to only release it when it is a freaking monster. That is the PS3's chance to show why blu-ray, the cell and whatever else in in their box is needed. Killzone gotta lead the way. If it looks as good or a little bit better than Halo 3 sony loses. If it looks wiorse sony loses. If it sucks Sony really loses. That game has got to mop the floor with Halo graphically. But either way you could include a quote from Jesus but you can't hand me a blu ray game today that is leaps and bounds ahead of a 360 game and forthe most part not even up to par with them. As for the future (2-3 years) I could give a rats ass about having to swap 360 disks. I still paid less and if more disks bring about the same quality as blu-ray since the levels and such are spread out then I'm fine. Again, cows say wait and cows say look ahead and cows point to quotes but COWS HAVE NO GAMES TO SHOW. THATS WHY YOU'RE LAUGHED AT SO OFTEN.

Show the game that clearly marks Blu Ray as needed and you'll shut up everyone. Until then you might want to shut up yourselves.

#97 Posted by xboxps2cube (1309 posts) -

[QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]Some people can't stop and look more than a year or two ahead of them. But when your favorite console maker is known for short lifespans, why should you?KillaHalo2o9

That's pretty low, yet so very true. :lol:

ahahahahaahahwah :LOL: 

I agree, esp. M$ they really dont care what consumers think they just want money, i think Sony is played it smart this time,

#98 Posted by xboxps2cube (1309 posts) -

[QUOTE="makingmusic476"]Fine ignore the developers. Keep playing games like Gears that only have an 8-hour singleplayer campaign and games where you have to wait for months after you get the game to download some new multiplayer maps to make up for the few that were given to you in the first place.fixer293

regardless of the gameplay and other stuff of this game, gears story line was too short period.  A game that ends abrutly like that is running off other things other than story, Epic and most people know they will never be able to get away with that again

#99 Posted by LosDaddie (10318 posts) -

The TC is totally correct.

DVD9 will be holding back PC gaming for years to come.

#100 Posted by makingmusic476 (12558 posts) -

The TC is totally correct.

DVD9 will be holding back PC gaming for years to come.

LosDaddie
You are so teh funny. :roll: