Face it. Blu-Ray is NEEDED! ***edited with new dev comments***

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts
I play PC games, that's about it. I'd much rather them keep using the DVD's that they are simply due to the fact that i don't want the price of PC games rising. $40 is great for the new titles. :)
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#102 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts
[QUOTE="LosDaddie"]

The TC is totally correct.

DVD9 will be holding back PC gaming for years to come.

makingmusic476

You are so teh funny. :roll:

YOu should be happy. You have convinced me that DVD9 will hold back PC gaming for years.

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
I'm happy with dvd for now
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

Lemmings say us cows are getting milked and blu ray isn´t needed... It was one of the reasons why I got a ps3. I like to think ahead, I didn´t buy my ps3 just for the moment I bought a 600$ console thinking of the future, let them bash blu ray, I am 100% certain there will be many many great games out for ps3 that take advantage of blu ray.

Edit: On a side note for all of you saying your fine with dvd9 for now, remember when your not fine with it, your wii/xbox won´t be able to do anything about that.

NextGenNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 NextGenNow
Member since 2007 • 2622 Posts
People bash blu-ray because it's the reason the PS3 is $600 and if sony's claims are right, than the DVD9 will not be enough for "next gen" games which puts alot of fear in people who don't have a PS3. I personally think it's a good bonus, but as for the DVD9 not being enough who knows? Games like Mass Effect and Geow look fantastic on DVD9s. The argument though is that the better looking games on DVD9s are shorter because many of them aim to be on one disc. DA_B0MB
I agree with everything you just said. QFT
covhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 covhunter
Member since 2004 • 946 Posts

Some people can't stop and look more than a year or two ahead of them. But when your favorite console maker is known for short lifespans, why should you?TekkenMaster606

*Looks further into the future*

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6354225.stm

Who wants to bet that a new Xbox will be announced when this thing is finalised?

Avatar image for deactivated-61ff675e61178
deactivated-61ff675e61178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-61ff675e61178
Member since 2004 • 12558 Posts
[QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="LosDaddie"]

LosDaddie

YOu should be happy. You have convinced me that DVD9 will hold back PC gaming for years.

The pc is a horrible comparison, though.  Nobody minds buying a pc game that has multiple discs, because after you install it, it only uses one disc, the play disc.

This is why pc games only started coming on DVD9s within the past year, where as console games have been coming on DVD9s since the ps2 launched back in 2000.  Yes, up until the past year, all pc games came on anywhere from 4-6, sometimes even 8 cds, yet now pc games come on dvds.  They had transitional era games, as well, such as Company of Heroes, which could be bought in either the cd or dvd form

letmeupgrade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 letmeupgrade
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts
[QUOTE="LosDaddie"][QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="LosDaddie"]

makingmusic476

The pc is a horrible comparison, though.  Nobody minds buying a pc game that has multiple discs, because after you install it, it only uses one disc, the play disc.

This is why pc games only started coming on DVD9s within the past year, where as console games have been coming on DVD9s since the ps2 launched back in 2000.  Yes, up until the past year, all pc games came on anywhere from 4-6, sometimes even 8 cds, yet now pc games come on dvds.  They had transitional era games, as well, such as Company of Heroes, which could be bought in either the cd or dvd form

I don't understand why video game counsels doesnt install multiple disc or DVD9 like the PC?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-61ff675e61178
[QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="LosDaddie"][QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="LosDaddie"]

letmeupgrade

I don't understand why video game counsels doesnt install multiple disc or DVD9 like the PC?

This is because of a lack of hard drive space.  The ps3 has a 60gb hdd.  THat's pitifully small.  My dad's 4 year old custom built pc had almost as much as that.  Modern computers have at least a 150 gb hdd, and gaming pcs have even larger pcs than that.  My pc, for instance, has a 320gb hdd, and its a year old.  Hell, even laptops today come with about a 100 gb hdd,.
syedahmeds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 syedahmeds
Member since 2005 • 293 Posts

after all the facts u presented, i dont think any body can argue.

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#111 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
[QUOTE="Darthmatt"]Face, sony included Blu-ray because they stand to make a fortune off BR movie royalties. makingmusic476
Would you care to actually refute what the reputable developers quoted in the OP said, or are you just going to keep throwing out your opinion as if it really matters? :|

I'm sure some devs are happy for the flexibility of all that disc space. But I stand by my statement. Sony stands to make a lot of money on B-R movie royalties if it becomes the standard HD format. blu-ray is Trojan horse move.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-61ff675e61178
[QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="Darthmatt"]Face, sony included Blu-ray because they stand to make a fortune off BR movie royalties. Darthmatt
Would you care to actually refute what the reputable developers quoted in the OP said, or are you just going to keep throwing out your opinion as if it really matters? :|

I'm sure some devs are happy for the flexibility of all that disc space. But I stand by my statement. Sony stands to make a lot of money on B-R movie royalties if it becomes the standard system. blu-ray is Trojan horse move.

THat was part of their reason, yes.  But it doesn't change the fact that Blu-Ray is great for games and gamers, and that the extra $200 gets you a lot more than "just a movie player".
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

Fine ignore the developers. Keep playing games like Gears that only have an 8-hour singleplayer campaign and games where you have to wait for months after you get the game to download some new multiplayer maps to make up for the few that were given to you in the first place.makingmusic476

So then by your logic, Resistence Fall of Man should be the longest game ever right? wrong, RFOM SP is only 10 hours long so your logic fails

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Darthmatt
[QUOTE="Darthmatt"][QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="Darthmatt"]Face, sony included Blu-ray because they stand to make a fortune off BR movie royalties. makingmusic476

I'm sure some devs are happy for the flexibility of all that disc space. But I stand by my statement. Sony stands to make a lot of money on B-R movie royalties if it becomes the standard system. blu-ray is Trojan horse move.

THat was part of their reason, yes. But it doesn't change the fact that Blu-Ray is great for games and gamers, and that the extra $200 gets you a lot more than "just a movie player".

I just have a feeling Sony execs shoe-horned Blu-ray in because they were spending a lot of time and money on R&D. What came first? The PS3 or BR? Did SCE execs, and project engineers demand a larger HD format, or were they required to use BR because the HD format was already being developed? I personally think upper level execs saw adding BR to the PS3 more as a potential profit maker than an advantage to game development. Remeber, sony will reap billions on BR royalties if it becomes the future standard for home video. To them, adding a BR player to the PS3 helps start the adoption process. But that is just my opinion.
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts

Lemmings say us cows are getting milked and blu ray isn´t needed... It was one of the reasons why I got a ps3. I like to think ahead, I didn´t buy my ps3 just for the moment I bought a 600$ console thinking of the future, let them bash blu ray, I am 100% certain there will be many many great games out for ps3 that take advantage of blu ray.

Edit: On a side note for all of you saying your fine with dvd9 for now, remember when your not fine with it, your wii/xbox won´t be able to do anything about that.

Eddie-Vedder
Considering the costs of developing games and the memory limitations in the consoles, I doubt we'll see a game where more than 9GB of true game data (not movies, not voices) must be accessible in an instant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-61ff675e61178

[QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="Darthmatt"][QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="Darthmatt"]Face, sony included Blu-ray because they stand to make a fortune off BR movie royalties. Darthmatt

THat was part of their reason, yes. But it doesn't change the fact that Blu-Ray is great for games and gamers, and that the extra $200 gets you a lot more than "just a movie player".

I just have a feeling Sony execs shoe-horned Blu-ray in because they were spending a lot of time and money on R&D. What came first? The PS3 or BR? Did SCE execs, and project engineers demand a larger HD format, or were they required to use BR because the HD format was already being developed? I personally think upper level execs saw adding BR to the PS3 more as a potential profit maker than an advantage to game development. Remeber, sony will reap billions on BR royalties if it becomes the future standard for home video. To them, adding a BR player to the PS3 helps start the adoption process. But that is just my opinion.

Most likely they did.  While it most likely was the primary reason behind including the Blu-Ray player, it wasn't the *only* reason.  I'm sure they would've preffered more sales over more game content.   Sony's reason for including the drive were far from altruisitc, but ultimately, it works out better for those willing to spend the extra cash.

See, the point of this thread isn't really about SOny's reasons for doing anything.  Its about the fact that  Blu-Ray IS needed for high definition gaming, and therefore the whole "blu-ray is not needed, they're just forcing me to spend $200 more" and "i like options" arguments are really just stupid. 

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 HuusAsking
See, the point of this thread isn't really about SOny's reasons for doing anything.  Its about the fact that  Blu-Ray IS needed for high definition gaming, and therefore the whole "blu-ray is not needed, they're just forcing me to spend $200 more" and "i like options" arguments are really just stupid. makingmusic476
The argument is that the emboldened statement is disputable.
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Darthmatt

[QUOTE="Darthmatt"][QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="Darthmatt"][QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="Darthmatt"]Face, sony included Blu-ray because they stand to make a fortune off BR movie royalties. makingmusic476

Most likely they did. While it most likely was the primary reason behind including the Blu-Ray player, it wasn't the *only* reason. I'm sure they would've preffered more sales over more game content. Sony's reason for including the drive were far from altruisitc, but ultimately, it works out better for those willing to spend the extra cash.

See, the point of this thread isn't really about SOny's reasons for doing anything. Its about the fact that Blu-Ray IS needed for high definition gaming, and therefore the whole "blu-ray is not needed, they're just forcing me to spend $200 more" and "i like options" arguments are really just stupid.

I'm sure we will never really know one way or another if sony really had alterior motives for Blu-ray. I suspect the did from a economics point of gaining royalties from every BR disc sold. My thinking is it was forced from the top by execs who probably didn't know jack about gaming and what makes a game system good. But I think the SCE team did a good job of implementing BR into their system. Its just unfortunate that the mass market isn't there yet for the PS3's true HD capabilities. In that respect, if the higher price tag on the system due to BR results in conituing weak sales, it is ultimatly bad for gaming. Poor sales costs developers money they need to make up to cover higher development costs and can cause game makers to stop supporting a system or even go out of business.
shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#119 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
if using dvd9 means i have to change discs a few times i'm all for it.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

HuusAsking

Considering the costs of developing games and the memory limitations in the consoles, I doubt we'll see a game where more than 9GB of true game data (not movies, not voices) must be accessible in an instant.

Well movies cgi scenes, voice acting is all part of games why hold back? 

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#121 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts
[QUOTE="LosDaddie"][QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="LosDaddie"]

makingmusic476

So how many PC games have shipped on multiple DVD9s?

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#122 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts
[QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="LosDaddie"][QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="LosDaddie"]

LosDaddie

So how many PC games have shipped on multiple DVD9s?

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts
HD-DVD was out b efore blu-ray was out. Why didn't they just include an HD-DVD drive in the PS3? Because SONY wanted to push their format so in the long run they could make money off it. It's a marketing ploy. Bigger space may be needed this gen but Sony put the BD-Rom drive in the Ps3 to push their format. Anyone who doesn't see that is completely blind and is fooling themselves into believing the Sony hype.
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Darthmatt
HD-DVD was out b efore blu-ray was out. Why didn't they just include an HD-DVD drive in the PS3? Because SONY wanted to push their format so in the long run they could make money off it. It's a marketing ploy. Bigger space may be needed this gen but Sony put the BD-Rom drive in the Ps3 to push their format. Anyone who doesn't see that is completely blind and is fooling themselves into believing the Sony hype.BumFluff122
The Royalties. Imagine if BR was the HD format for all home video, games and storage. Sony would get a piece of each disc sold. $$$$
demoralizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 demoralizer
Member since 2002 • 2023 Posts

How many PS3 games are taking advantage of Blu-ray?

What Dev would say more space is a bad thing?

Did Blur-ray add to the cost of the price of the PS3?

Is there any one who paid for the PS3 and is upset that the pricey technology of Blu-ray has yet to be utilized for games?

Is it wrong for the consumer to question if its wise to spend money on something that has no benefit atm?

DarkRider23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 DarkRider23
Member since 2004 • 1753 Posts

hmmmmm

http://gamesfirst.com/?id=1132 

lordxymor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 lordxymor
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

1080p isn't needed. 720p isn't needed. Rumble isn't needed. Analog sticks aren't needed. 5.1 audio isn't needed. complex physics, stunning graphics, etc... none of those things are needed.

You can make great games without those things, remember Snes and Atari?

Now, when you have those things, and you make them avaliable to developers, they WILL put them to good use, or maybe some of them won't and will prefer to make a 2D game in the middle of the freaking 7th generation and still the game can be just as successful and criticaly acclaimed as those multimilion multiyear MGS/Halo mega productions.

It's about giving the developers tools. How they use, and how successful they are using them is up to their efforts and imagination.

Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Educated_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1095 Posts
games usually dont increase that much within a generation- they started 3-5 GB this gen.
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 HuusAsking
[QUOTE="HuusAsking"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Eddie-Vedder

Well movies cgi scenes, voice acting is all part of games why hold back? 

Well, with the consoles as good as they are, why not just render them realtime? Gears of War was able to get away with only minimal CGI, and Rockstar games are noteworthy for their minimal use of CGI as well (they usually only limit it to their title screens). And when you cut down those video clips, you suddenly have a lot more room to maneuver.
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 HuusAsking

1080p isn't needed. 720p isn't needed. Rumble isn't needed. Analog sticks aren't needed. 5.1 audio isn't needed. complex physics, stunning graphics, etc... none of those things are needed.

Now, when you have those things, and you make them avaliable to developers, they WILL put them to good use, or maybe some of them won't and will prefer to make a 2D game in the middle of the freaking 7th generation and still the game can be just as successful and criticaly acclaimed as those multimilion multiyear MGS/Halo mega productions.

It's about giving the developers tools. How they use, and how successful they are using them is up to their efforts and imagination.

lordxymor
But you hit a new problem when you start making bigger and bigger games, and this is a problem that technology can't readily fix because the problem is economic. It's Diminishing Returns. The retail price of games hasn't risen that much in ten years while inflation has dulled the developer's dollar. And considering how much it's taking to make the likes of Halo 3, imagine multiplying that by 3 to 5 to make a game that has 20-50GB of real game data. Not to mention the time constraints and the strain on the budget.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 deactivated-61ff675e61178

lordxymor
You hit the nail on the head.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 deactivated-61ff675e61178
[QUOTE="lordxymor"]

HuusAsking

But you hit a new problem when you start making bigger and bigger games, and this is a problem that technology can't readily fix because the problem is economic. It's Diminishing Returns. The retail price of games hasn't risen that much in ten years while inflation has dulled the developer's dollar. And considering how much it's taking to make the likes of Halo 3, imagine multiplying that by 3 to 5 to make a game that has 20-50GB of real game data. Not to mention the time constraints and the strain on the budget.

HOw much more money does it cost to create a higher resolution texture, or an uncompressed audio clip?  Honestly, they're making games nowadays shorter due to the lack of space.  Gears of War only cost $10 million to make, compared to other, lesser games like Lost PLanet that cost $20 million.  Games really aren't that more expensive these days.  Games are going up maybe 30-50% in cost this generation, if that.

As Mark Rein said in the same article that i quoted in the OP, "I hate to hear people talk about "We're going to charge more because it costs more". Sure, it costs more because you're developing using better technology and making better games. Not just because you're wasting money developing your own tools - there's a lot of people that are doing that.

You could consider me a little disingenuous on this because I've got technology to sell to people, but there's other technology you can buy, not just ours. People who are trying to re-invent the wheel are spending way more money than they should. Our own games, we're seeing a 30-50% increase in cost, but we're expanding our teams and make much better games.

UT 2007 is way more detailed than any UT games we've done prior to this title. It's not processed three times, and it's not costing us 30 million USD. There's no excuse for us to raise the price. I hope retail and rental dovetail into that and hopefully reduce the people playing our games that aren't paying us. When we worked with Atari, they sold our games for $39 and we actually agree with that policy. Reduce the price of our game, not increase it."

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Eddie-Vedder

lordxymor

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 HuusAsking

HOw much more money does it cost to create a higher resolution texture, or an uncompressed audio clip?  Honestly, they're making games nowadays shorter due to the lack of space.  Gears of War only cost $10 million to make, compared to other, lesser games like Lost PLanet that cost $20 million.  Games really aren't that more expensive these days.  Games are going up maybe 30-50% in cost this generation, if that.makingmusic476
I'm thinking more along the lines of, "How much more is it going to cost to expand a city or a gaming universe of some 24 detailed planets to one three to five times it is now?" That's when you start going into honest usage of resources beyond DVD's capability to handle. Now who's got the time and the budget to make a game that absolutely cannot be done any other way but with a media larger than DVD (meaning there's nothing left to trim or compress that can take it under the limit, and cutting would kill the game)?

Compression will always be with us in games, if for no other reason than because optical media have such a slow transfer rate compared to hard drives. You want compressed data even on BD because compared to hard drives, 72Mbit/sec is a joke (to compare, SATA tops out at 150MByte/sec). There's also the matter of that RAM limitation, so you want to economize to maximize the size of your scene (especially if you plan to take the game online--you can't "stream" online, which is why Lair has no multiplayer). We know that because Tim Sweeney (from the UT3 team--and an actual programmer unlike Mark Rein) said they had to downsize UT3 for consoles because of the RAM limit.

AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 AB_Uppercut
Member since 2007 • 1287 Posts

At then end of the PS1 era CD's were used to their fullest, At the end of the PS2 era DVD's were used to their fullest and at the end of this gen Blue-ray discs will be used to their fullest.

Sony definitely made a smart decision by allowing developers more space when creating games.  I hate when people think Sony just put in Blue-ray to push hi-def movies but in actual fact Blue-ray is benificial to games also.

great topic by the way :)

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#137 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

"Unreal Tournament was 6GB compressed."

actually the last UT2004 was about 5.5 installed on my harddrive. compressed it would have been smaller.

Mizarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Mizarus
Member since 2004 • 1379 Posts
blu ray isnt needed, ps3 could have a larger hard drive and games could be installed into it pretty much like a pc, blu ray at this point is a over priced techology the ps3 could be much cheaper then it is.
greenleaf2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 greenleaf2000
Member since 2006 • 1259 Posts
GT5 is one game which is gonna make full use of BluRay
wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts
Well, when it comes out for the PS4, it'll be a lot cheaper, and I'm sure the other consoles will use it, then everyone will be happy.
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#141 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

lordxymor

Yeah, but I mean as tech becomes available what's expected in games rises and the standard of games rises.  Imagine if something like GeoW was out when we were playing Atari

jcant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 jcant
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts

Fine ignore the developers. Keep playing games like Gears that only have an 8-hour singleplayer campaign and games where you have to wait for months after you get the game to download some new multiplayer maps to make up for the few that were given to you in the first place.makingmusic476

I didn't read this whole thing so I don't know if anyone said this already, but Gears originally had more maps than RFOM. Why are you bragging about RFOM having 6 maps but saying gears had so few? 

That doesn't really have anything to do with the main topic, but it shows how biased this guy is.

omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts
good if you have it but not "needed". you obviously have the upper hand if you have it but its not required.
trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#144 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts

Hehehehee... Only Kojimasan would be bold enough to say that BD was too SMALL and be creative enough to actualy FILL a BD. I love him:)

Big_T-Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Big_T-Mac
Member since 2005 • 6973 Posts
its needed for sony's exclusives because they rely heavily on hd fmv, not because of the gaming content.  it's not needed for 360 or wii games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 deactivated-61ff675e61178

[QUOTE="makingmusic476"]Fine ignore the developers. Keep playing games like Gears that only have an 8-hour singleplayer campaign and games where you have to wait for months after you get the game to download some new multiplayer maps to make up for the few that were given to you in the first place.jcant

I didn't read this whole thing so I don't know if anyone said this already, but Gears originally had more maps than RFOM. Why are you bragging about RFOM having 6 maps but saying gears had so few? 

That doesn't really have anything to do with the main topic, but it shows how biased this guy is.

Hey, i never said Resistance had more or less mp maps than Gears.  However, the singleplayer is a different story.

Oh, and who resurrected this rather old thread of mine?

yuna707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 yuna707
Member since 2004 • 562 Posts

People bash blu-ray because it's the reason the PS3 is $600 and if sony's claims are right, than the DVD9 will not be enough for "next gen" games which puts alot of fear in people who don't have a PS3. I personally think it's a good bonus, but as for the DVD9 not being enough who knows? Games like Mass Effect and Geow look fantastic on DVD9s. The argument though is that the better looking games on DVD9s are shorter because many of them aim to be on one disc. DA_B0MB

Two words: Hell no. BLu ray is 125. PS3 manufacturing is 850 USD. Blame Sony for creating the bloat station 3.

Secondly, at 20 USD a disckretail, and at the least 10 USD a disk wholesale, its only hurting games... 

gnutux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#148 gnutux
Member since 2005 • 1341 Posts
FACE IT, this is not the place to discuss about formats: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25604976 gnutux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 deactivated-61ff675e61178
FACE IT, this is not the place to discuss about formats: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25604976 gnutuxgnutux
That says we cannot discuss about the format WARS.  Discussing whether Blu-Ray is necessary for gaming, and thus an advantage for the ps3, is perfectly fine.
wmc540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 wmc540
Member since 2006 • 2620 Posts

http://gamesfirst.com/?id=1132

/thread