Fable Legends announces a new enemy: meet the Ogre

#1 Edited by tymeservesfate (1970 posts) -

http://www.totalxbox.com/76889/fable-legends-announces-a-new-enemy-meet-the-ogre/

Introducting noxious bodily odours, rubbery blubber and heads on sticks

"Ogres are born as twins. When they reach puberty these twins will wrestle to the death, the loser ending up as a head on a stick (commonly called a Noggin) that the surviving ogre uses as a weapon. For reasons that are still to be fully understood, these heads remain alive and capable of conversation, well, as capable as an ogre that is. It has also been noted that it is difficult to tell the gender of an Ogre just by looking at it, as females of the species are just as warty, uncouth and odorous as their male counterparts."

"Due to their very thick hides, Ogres are extremely hard to vanquish," writes Lionhead in a new blog post introducing the character. "Heroes tell tales of swords barely making a dent in the rubbery blubber, and arrows bouncing off warty behinds. However, Legend has it that this stinky behemoth has an Achilles heel, on its ...perhaps the less said about where the better."

"As if their natural coriaceousness was not armour enough, Ogres will loot the bodies of fallen heroes for bits of armour and shields. Forcing their enormous girth into greaves and ailettes, and using bucklers to protect their squashy hind quarters (adventurers take note of the soft spot)."

"Ogres join Red Caps in the list of confirmed Fable Legends enemies, alongside the player-controlled villain. What do you make of him?"

seems to be progressing into something nice...

#2 Posted by lostrib (37732 posts) -

Do people still even care about Fable games?

#3 Posted by B4X (5242 posts) -

@lostrib said:

I do.

#4 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10607 posts) -

@lostrib said:

I do. Bought Fable Anniversary - which showed off what I love and what I dislike about the Fable series. The characters, the setting, and the world are all brilliant but it is the gameplay that Fable, Fable 2 and Fable 3 all failed to deliver on.

Fable Legends is one of my most anticipated games (up there behind Destiny)... maybe they'll make some good gameplay this time around though.

#5 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5070 posts) -

@lostrib said:

people dont. lems do

#6 Edited by finalstar2007 (25300 posts) -

Gonna be hilarious if it turns out that half of the MS's conference will revolve around this shitty franchise

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/19/fable-legends-to-have-huge-presence-at-e3/

#7 Posted by B4X (5242 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

people dont. lems do

Gamers? It may not even be utterly close the best RPG like game. It is fun for me?

Also many gamers.

#8 Edited by RR360DD (11992 posts) -

Now with molyneux gone hopefully we'll get a Fable game that doesn't try and cater to every age group imaginable.

Still, I enjoyed all the Fables, even 3 so I'm looking forward to this.

#9 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5070 posts) -

@b4x said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

people dont. lems do

Gamers? It may not even be utterly close the best RPG like game. It is fun for me?

Also many gamers.

fable is complete trash and i mean COMPLETE trash. it always gets hyped up by the devs and then fails to deliver, fable 2 i got bored off after playing 2 hours, couldnt take it any more and fable 3 i downloaded for free a while ago from xbl and played it till the part where u escape the city through a tunnel or something. its just so damn boring.

#10 Edited by Bigboi500 (30082 posts) -

@lostrib said:

#11 Posted by B4X (5242 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@b4x said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

people dont. lems do

Also many gamers.

fable is complete trash and i mean COMPLETE trash. it always gets hyped up by the devs and then fails to deliver, fable 2 i got bored off after playing 2 hours, couldnt take it any more and fable 3 i downloaded for free a while ago from xbl and played it till the part where u escape the city through a tunnel or something. its just so damn boring.

If you follow hype. I could imagine you're disappointed a lot. Trash?

No.. Superman 64 is trash.

Every mans trash is another mans treasure?

#12 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

Cool. I like fable series and glad that one guy is gone

#13 Edited by Shinobishyguy (22488 posts) -

It's all ogre now

#14 Posted by cainetao11 (17748 posts) -

Love Fable games. Well except 3, I only liked that a bit. I'm hopeful for this. We'll see.

#15 Edited by cainetao11 (17748 posts) -

@b4x said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

people dont. lems do

Also many gamers.

Well said.

#16 Edited by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

Molyneux-free Fable game? Instant sign up.

#17 Edited by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

Is it using a new engine? That could breath life into the series.

Need to order the remake.

#18 Posted by B4X (5242 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

Love Fable games. Well except 3, I only liked that a bit. I'm hopeful for this. We'll see.

The ending was so weak in 3. Make me fight something maybe?

#19 Edited by TwistedShade (3165 posts) -

Have a lot of interest in this game, it was rumored by GAF that it's a Gauntlet style 4 player game so I'm interested how the gameplay turns out.

#20 Posted by Crypt_mx (4134 posts) -

I'm a huge Fable fan, played the hell out of 1-3 so I'm really excited for this. Since Peter Molyneux (creative director) is no longer working on the series we can expect a huge change in direction for this. As much as I love the other Fable games, I'm not ignorant to their flaws. They had plenty of issues, but the charm of the world and the co-op kept me returning. Fable Legends is running on the new Unreal Engine 4, has a new direction, and introduces 4 player co-op and a PvP element. It has lots of potential, but a lot of Sony fans will ignore that because it's easy to hate a game you can't play any way. Either regret your console purchase, or hate a game, hating is the easy way.

#21 Edited by cainetao11 (17748 posts) -

@b4x said:

@cainetao11 said:

The ending was so weak in 3. Make me fight something maybe?

I know. Its like they couldn't figure out something to build and make you fight. Other than that there were parts I liked, but it was a drop from fable 2 no doubt. Still I always dig the games charm and dialogue.

#22 Edited by UnbiasedPoster (875 posts) -

Fable - Peter = no thanks

#23 Posted by sailor232 (4831 posts) -

I like Fable. Three was bad but I still got some enjoyment out of it, enough to play through the whole game. I'm looking forward to seeing what Legends brings.

#24 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17960 posts) -

what's Fable?

#25 Posted by lostrib (37732 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

what's Fable?

Here ya go

#26 Edited by blackace (20886 posts) -
@lostrib said:

Hell yes. Can't wait to play this game co-op with my cousin. It's looking better and better.

@finalstar2007 said:

Gonna be hilarious if it turns out that half of the MS's conference will revolve around this shitty franchise

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/19/fable-legends-to-have-huge-presence-at-e3/

Don't bet on it. There's way to much to be shown at the E3. The franchise is no where as shitting as a few others I know.

#27 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10607 posts) -

@TwistedShade said:

Have a lot of interest in this game, it was rumored by GAF that it's a Gauntlet style 4 player game so I'm interested how the gameplay turns out.

That's no rumor - Fable Legends is a co-op oriented game, with up to four player co-op.

It would be awesome as hell if Michael Gambon was the narrator in Legends.

#29 Edited by UnifiedConsole (37 posts) -

Introducing a enemy that's been in every Fable game? I don't have high hopes for this game so i hope it blows me away.

#30 Edited by kuu2 (7370 posts) -

Never played a single Fable game.

Must not be a real gamer ;p